PDA

View Full Version : The Kevin Bacon trick with you and George Lucas

Brave Sir Robin
09-12-2001, 08:03 PM
I am three degrees away from him, i know this guy who has met Weird Al, and Weird Al has had permission from George Lucas to do songs about Star Wars (The Saga Begins, Yoda).

Hey, that puts me three degrees away from Steven Speilberg too (Jurassic Park) and only TWO degrees away from Weird Al himself!

Eternal Padawan
09-12-2001, 08:56 PM
My ex-roommate moved to California and lived with a chick (and former classmate of me!) for awhile who works for Steven Spielberg...and Steve knows Georgie, I think, so...three degrees for me too!! (And only 2 away from Stevie!!)

And when I say works for Steven I mean on his personal staff at Dreamworks!!!

bigbarada
09-12-2001, 10:15 PM
My dad went to high school with Susanne Summers, and she was the chic in the white T-Bird from American Graphitti. Which, of course, was written and directed by GL.

My brother knows that Gerardo Felano guy from Canada, who got sued by Lucasfilm for selling unliscensed Star Wars products. Only THE BEST Star Wars prop replicas ever made!

My brother also talked to Anthony Daniels himself on the telephone!!

stillakid
09-12-2001, 11:21 PM
I had the fortune to visit ILM a couple months ago and met a high school alumni who has been working there for years. Is that two or three degrees?

GNT
09-13-2001, 02:36 AM
A friend of mine knows Trisha Biggar (Costume Designer) who answers to George Lucas.

JediTricks
09-13-2001, 09:55 AM
I've met Weird Al and have a mail box at his old mail box place.

Mike Troxell
09-13-2001, 04:04 PM
My dad was on David Letterman (Know Your Current Events!), and Dave has to have interviewed someone associated with Star Wars.

TeeEye7
09-16-2001, 06:28 AM
I've met Kenny Baker, who has been known to work for GL ;)

Brave Sir Robin
09-17-2001, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I've met Weird Al and have a mail box at his old mail box place.

AWE-SOME! What's he like? Is he as funny in real life as he is in his music! Do tell!

Fulit
09-17-2001, 11:32 AM
Someone please enlighten me, what does Kevin Bacon have to do with this? I met Kevin Bacon once, he was shooting a film near my elementary school in North Little Rock when I was in like 4th grade. Don't ask me why he was shooting a film in Arkansas, that question haunts me to this day. Or what the film was, I have no idea. Never been a big fan of Mr. Bacon. Anyway, what does he have to do with all this?

Mike Troxell
09-17-2001, 03:58 PM
There was a game that came out a few years back called "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon", which theorised that everyone could be linked to Kevin Bacon in six steps or less.

JediCole
09-17-2001, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by TeeEye7
I've met Kenny Baker, who has been known to work for GL ;)

If it's this easy, I've met Kenny Baker, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mahew, Silas Carson, Jeromy Bulloch, Dave Prowse, and about a dozen others at toy shows and the like...

However, to add a degree of dificulty, I had dinner with George Takei (TV's Mr. Sulu), an opportunity I won in a drawing of advance ticket holders for a convention years ago. Mr. Takei was in Star Trek: Generations which featured Malcom McDowell who starred in A Clockwork Orange which saw Dave Prowse in a supporting role before become Vader in GL's masterwork.

master jedi
09-17-2001, 04:48 PM
I can onlt think of one way to connect me to Lucas and that is this:
I've seen Star Wars and George Lucas created Star Wars.

JediTricks
09-18-2001, 07:18 AM
Sorry Cole, George Takei wasn't in Generations, the character's daughter was instead. Thus, you have to make the middle-connection to Shatner. ;)