PDA

View Full Version : How will Dark Horse explain the Light Saber thing?

Sith Vicious
05-15-2002, 05:03 PM
So how will Dark Horse explain everybody switching to blue and green lightsabers? I think they already explained the purple Mace saber at one point, but what about the rest?

Eternal Padawan
05-15-2002, 08:22 PM
All those lightsabers in the other books WERE blue and green. It was just a trick of light and shadow that made them SEEM like they were other colors... ;)

Taichi
05-18-2002, 03:43 PM
How?

the EU doesn't need to explain anything.....they're wrong most of the time anyway......

There are only FOUR lightsaber colors....prior to Mace making a Purple one, there were only THREE.....and they were the only three possible.....

Lucasfilm stated that there were only three, and there were only gonna be three EVER, but the EU has to be different.....they don't stick to the rules (Which is why the EU sucks)....so they made their own rules, CONTRARY to Lucasfilm's initial statement.....

the Mace Saber is an exception.....it appered onscreen......and was created as a favor to Sam Jackson.......it is the only one of it's kind, and is the ONLY possible deviation from the established 3 that we will ever see.......

Sith Vicious
05-18-2002, 07:34 PM
I never heard Lucas say there was definitely only going to be four colors of sabers until AOTC was being filmed. Given how few sabers appear in the first four movie, there was no reason to assume there couldn't be other colors, especially since Lucas has yet to give any rationalization behind the colors that do exist. As I said in another thread, Lucas has the right to pick and choose anything he wants to use from the EU and ignore the rest, but I'm amazed at the animosity some people have towards the EU. It's not and never will be canon, but Lucas is the one that authorized its existence, and he isn't above lifting stuff from it for his movies. Don't forget the name Coruscant, double bladed lightsabers, and Aayla Secura all came from the novels and comics.

chris
06-04-2002, 01:14 PM
I like the other of more diverse lightsaber colors, but sometimes it gets carried away with too many colors, and wouldn't look good for a scene like the arena battle, for instance. I think that's why GL limited the possibilities as far as the movies are concerned.

saladin
06-06-2002, 12:20 AM
i would of liked maybe a yellow or and orange tossed in there for fun, in the battlebut other than those what are you gonna have pink, aqua, silver, they would just be stupid. If they ad yellow or orange i'd like it.