PDA

View Full Version : Final battel jango too soon?

mylow thehutt
05-15-2002, 05:43 PM
:o Not that i don't like and want the figure but i think it's too soon,and right befor the moive too.i mean we didn't get sliced maul till 10 mounths after Ep1,i think they are rushing these jangos a bit.any feel the same as i.:sur:Ha sliced maul sounds like somthing i ate for breakfast.

Taichi
05-15-2002, 06:20 PM
Well, since I totally hate Jango, no.....it's not a problem......

Sith Vicious
05-15-2002, 07:00 PM
I'm definitely ****ed at Hasbro for releasing this and HD Anakin before the movie. I know the comic and novelization were released early also, but those obviously have spoilers. I guess it's my own fault for not avoiding the saga forums, but you'd think the figures should at least be free of major spoilers. Yes we all knew going in that Anakin ended up maimed at some point, and Jango probably ended up dead, but I really didn't want to know how or when before I saw the movie.

Beast
05-15-2002, 08:00 PM
Anyone else out there that is sick of this complaining about spoilers on figures stuff? I cannot wait til the movie opens so this discussion can go away. Look guys, the figures you are talking about were not originally planned to be released until well after the movie opened. Hasbro rushed more figures out the door to meet the demand of stores and fans. That ended up releasing some spoiler figures, earlier then was planned.

We got 27 figures total on the 23rd, and only Anakin: Hanger and Zam have anywhere near anything that is a major spoiler. The Jango Fett figure that is appearing now, is showing up also earlier then intended. We already have had 3 Jango's, those could have held you over until after you saw the movie.

Another reason Hasbro is doing it, is to save on the need for excessive resculpts. Would you really be so much happier, having to buy another version, this time a "spoiler" version of Zam, Anakin: Hanger Duel, or Jango: Arena, later this year instead of an all new figure. I think more of you would be complaining, that they should have released them that way in the first place. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mark2d2
05-15-2002, 08:39 PM
Yeah. I agree. The whole "Spoiler!" issue has been beaten to death around here. Enough! Did anyone really think that Jango was going to survive until Episode III anyway? Anakin loses a limb!? What a shocker! I mean, that's the whole reason he's in the Darth Vader suit . . . C'mon people, lighten up!

Sith Vicious
05-15-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Another reason Hasbro is doing it, is to save on the need for excessive resculpts. Would you really be so much happier, having to buy another version, this time a "spoiler" version of Zam, Anakin: Hanger Duel, or Jango: Arena, later this year instead of an all new figure. I think more of you would be complaining, that they should have released them that way in the first place. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Uh, you don't consider 4 versions of Jango before the movie even opens excessive? OOOOkkkayy..... If the Final Duel version had come out first that might almost make sense. If you guys don't want to hear complaints about the spoiler figures, it's pretty easy to avoid the threads about final battle Jango. I already addressed why the spoilers suck in my first thread. Did I know Jango was going to die before episode IV? Yes. Did I know he was going to be decapitated in Episode II. Well I do now.

Beast
05-15-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Sith Vicious
Uh, you don't consider 4 versions of Jango before the movie even opens excessive? OOOOkkkayy.
Not really. One is the Preview version, which is perfect for action posed fight scenes. The second one, Kamino escape is good for scenes where Jango has his helmet off. The Deluxe figure is more for kiddies, so I don't really count it. And the Final Battle one is a version of him from the Arena Battle. Note that Jango wears a different backpack in the Geonosian Arena. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jayspawn
05-16-2002, 04:40 AM
I think the final battle version of Jango Fett was a little early. I knew he wouldn't survive the movie, but it was a mystery to me how he would die until I bought the figure.

jobi
05-16-2002, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by mark2d2
Yeah. I agree. The whole "Spoiler!" issue has been beaten to death around here. Enough! Did anyone really think that Jango was going to survive until Episode III anyway? Anakin loses a limb!? What a shocker! I mean, that's the whole reason he's in the Darth Vader suit . . . C'mon people, lighten up!

OMG!! A whole post and not one single mention of R5-D4.

:D J/K

mylow thehutt
05-16-2002, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Anyone else out there that is sick of this complaining about spoilers on figures stuff? I cannot wait til the movie opens so this discussion can go away. Look guys, the figures you are talking about were not originally planned to be released until well after the movie opened. Hasbro rushed more figures out the door to meet the demand of stores and fans. That ended up releasing some spoiler figures, earlier then was planned.

We got 27 figures total on the 23rd, and only Anakin: Hanger and Zam have anywhere near anything that is a major spoiler. The Jango Fett figure that is appearing now, is showing up also earlier then intended. We already have had 3 Jango's, those could have held you over until after you saw the movie.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I agree but i'm complaining about the spoilers,i just think they should spread these jango out a bit,for the people who don't like the spoilers and next year hasbro may start to squez tons of figures out of jango like they did with maul.;)

mylow thehutt
05-16-2002, 07:14 AM
still want R5-D4

Darth Nihilus
05-16-2002, 09:03 AM
LOL, I wonder if we'll get slice apart Geonosian warriors?

pthfnder89
05-16-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
I think the final battle version of Jango Fett was a little early. I knew he wouldn't survive the movie, but it was a mystery to me how he would die until I bought the figure.

Aw Cmon, everyone knows that Jango actually dies of a heart attack. Then when the Jedi are finished fighting they slice off his head for a little round of Jango-ball. See, it's not really a spoiler figure after all:D

JEDIpartner
05-16-2002, 09:13 AM
To avoid the spoilers...

One must exercise restraint. Do not read ANYTHING about the film. Do not VIEW anything about the film. Do not BUY anything associated with the film. It's quite simple really.

Face it... no one told you to buy the figures. These things happen. You should have known better. Now you have learnt your lesson for EPISODE III. Enough said.

pthfnder89
05-16-2002, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
To avoid the spoilers...

One must exercise restraint. Do not read ANYTHING about the film. Do not VIEW anything about the film. Do not BUY anything associated with the film. It's quite simple really.

Face it... no one told you to buy the figures. These things happen. You should have known better. Now you have learnt your lesson for EPISODE III. Enough said.

Exactly. I didn't really want to read any spoilers, but I DID want to discuss the new figures. So by hanging out in this forums for the last 9 months or so, I found out pretty much every surprising twist in the movie. But it's a descision I made conciously, and I haven't regreted it.

You just have to take the responsibility on yourself, whether ot not you're willing to come across spoilers.

Sith Vicious
05-16-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
To avoid the spoilers...

Based on what logic? Nothing in the initial episode one figures was a major spoiler. If they had released break apart Darth Maul in the initial wave of figures, then your argument would have some merit. Why should we have assumed hasbro would start releasing heavy spoiler figures before the movie even came out? Especially if we quite simply avoid anything else to do with the films like you suggest. I'm a little sick of people that decided to find out everything ahead of time tell those of us that didn't that we don't have a right to be upset about hasbro's little policy change.