PDA

View Full Version : Taun Taun heads in Jabbas Palace?

atomicmaniac
05-15-2002, 10:04 PM
This is a strange topic, but I am only looking for a answer of if antbody else has seem this. During the Jabbas palace scene when Jabba gestures towards Han hanging on the wall encased in cabonite and says "I would not give up my favorite decoration" I think there may be a taun taun head mounted on both sides of the carbonite block (hunting trophy style). I am not sure, but if so this would a really cool detail to my palace diorama.

Eternal Padawan
05-16-2002, 03:35 AM
(sigh) Yes.

Sith Worm
05-16-2002, 04:02 AM
they actually did a story on them in a past insider, just your classic Lucas reuse of an old prop, kinda like IG-88's head is behind the bar in ANH...

187-Maul
05-16-2002, 09:05 AM
but IG-88's head wasn't a reused prop since he never appeared before that scene/movie

Sith Worm
05-16-2002, 11:22 PM
no but it became a reused prop when it became his head, also just for the hell of it Bo'Shek's outfit is also Bosk's...

bigbarada
05-27-2002, 04:39 AM
The TaunTaun heads were just a little "easter egg" put in for the benefit of the moviegoers. Like the ET Senators in Ep1 and the Shaak asteroid in Ep2.

Eternal Padawan
05-27-2002, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
but IG-88's head wasn't a reused prop since he never appeared before that scene/movie

It's a reused prop when it becomes IG-88's head...

By Sithdroid
no but it became a reused prop when it became his head, also just for the hell of it Bo'Shek's outfit is also Bosk's...

...like he said. (D'oh!) If I remember correctly Bossk's yellow spacesuit was on a different patron in the cantina, so it's not a direct reuse of BoShek's outfit. But the costume people probably got a hold of a bunch of similar old outfits and recolored them. So it's the same design.

stillakid
05-27-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by 187-Maul

But I swear that I saw it used in an episode of Batman (that TVLand is rerunning now). I'll try to get a screenshot of it to show everyone.