PDA

View Full Version : Screw R5-D4... I want Obi-Wan's R4-Unit!

Dexter
05-16-2002, 02:18 AM
WOW! Obi-Wan's Red R4 Unit rules! And with more screen time in the series than any specific droid other than R2 and C-3PO, I think he's definitely deserving of his own figure--and SOON! Bring it on, Hasbro!

[Note: Yeah, he looks suspiciously like the Red R2 from TPM, but you can never have too many Astromech Droids] :D

Beast
05-16-2002, 02:27 AM
Ummm, you have him already. He's attached to the Jedi Starfighter. There is no reason to have a standalone figure, since the droid head is hardwired into the ship. Originally in the script, he was going to have a truncated body, but that was dropped to have him hardwired into the ship instead. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dexter
05-16-2002, 02:41 AM
He's hard-wired into the ship?!? WHAT?!?

That poor droid... I'd never heard of that being done before... so when the Starfighter's not being used... he's not doing anything...

Wow... that must be the life... :cry:

Beast
05-16-2002, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Dexter
He's hard-wired into the ship?!? WHAT?!?
That poor droid... I'd never heard of that being done before... so when the Starfighter's not being used... he's not doing anything...
Wow... that must be the life... :cry:
Check out this thread, for more information about R4-P17. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5417

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
05-16-2002, 08:38 AM
Yeah... that little droid sure is dedicated to his job!!! He never leaves his post!

pthfnder89
05-16-2002, 09:11 AM
He'd better hope all his pilots are as good at evading incoming fire as Obi :) Otherwise he gets to go down with the ship. :(

Dak Powers
05-16-2002, 10:37 AM
If it weren't hard-wired to the ship, Dex, how would you think they would fit an R4 unit into that small wing? Look at it, its legs would be hanging out.

Rogue II
05-16-2002, 11:36 AM
They could always make it as an EU figure. Oh wait, he isn't Darth Maul or Obi-Wan.

brentfett
05-16-2002, 01:17 PM
Nice shooting Rogue 2!!!!!!:)

mark2d2
05-16-2002, 02:05 PM
SPOILER!!!!!

What happens to R4? I guess he just gets left behind?

Dexter
05-16-2002, 02:28 PM
I would assume the Geonosians came and destroyed the Jedi Starfighter, or used it for scrap metal. R4 is toast. :cry:

pthfnder89
05-16-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Dexter
I would assume the Geonosians came and destroyed the Jedi Starfighter, or used it for scrap metal. R4 is toast. :cry:

Yeah, probably melted down the fighter to make more battle droids. :( oh well. Lol, I can just see a battle droid walking around with R4's head-dome. Hehe, he could duke it out with battle droid Threepio!

Taichi
05-16-2002, 03:15 PM
I'd think that just the head, and 'guts' were integrated into the ship, and when it docked, the body would roll under the ship, and the head would just drop down into the body.......

and maybe the body is stored in the hyperdrive ring (Or the cargo compartment that Obi Wan ejected.....wouldn't that suck to hafta eject your body?)

curiouser and curiouser