PDA

View Full Version : Remnants of the Jedi Council

SplFrcsCWO
05-16-2002, 03:40 AM
I just saw the movie- WOW!! I think George tried real hard to make-up for Ep1. I have a question about the Jedi Council- were they all killed (except Mace and Yoda)? It was great to see Yoda in action. I wasn't too impressed with the ending- there were a few loose ends left.

Beast
05-16-2002, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by SplFrcsCWO
I just saw the movie- WOW!! I think George tried real hard to make-up for Ep1. I have a question about the Jedi Council- were they all killed (except Mace and Yoda)? It was great to see Yoda in action. I wasn't too impressed with the ending- there were a few loose ends left.
Ki-Adi-Mundi is one of the survivors as well. Adi Gallia is also, as she didn't go to Geonosis. Colemna Trebor is killed by Jango, and I believe that Shaak Ti, Eeth Koth, and one or two others are on the gunship that gets blown out of the sky. Not sure on the others.

As for loose ends being left at the end, hello? It's a cliffhanger ending, just like Empire Strikes Back. Things will be wrapped up and resolved in three years, during EIII. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Cotasnoova
05-16-2002, 03:44 AM
I saw kadi-mundi and ploo-koon at the end when everyone was still up and about. Where was Yaddle?

Beast
05-16-2002, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by Cotasnoova
I saw kadi-mundi and ploo-koon at the end when everyone was still up and about. Where was Yaddle?
Yaddle as well as Yareal Poof died during the time between Episode I and II, her tale has not been told yet, most likely left to Dark Horse, to fill in the blanks. You may want to check out the following thread. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7802

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mylow thehutt
05-16-2002, 08:24 AM
Jar jar adi-galla did go to the arena your thincking of Depa Balla.

Croaker
05-16-2002, 09:08 AM
The only council member that we actually see go down is Coleman. That ship that blew up could have been anyone.

At the end of the arena bit PLo, Sasee, Shaak-Ti, Mace, were all standing.

pthfnder89
05-16-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
Jar jar adi-galla did go to the arena your thincking of Depa Balla.

Mylow - Actually the Jedi you're thinking of is Stass Ali (might be spelled wrong) She is Adi Gallias cousin according to EU. It's very easy to confuse them since they look practically like twins.

But she is played by a different actress than Adi, and she's also seen in the scene in Palpatines office with several other Jedi.

The real Adi (with the original actress) is seen when Anakin and Obi Wan go before the Jedi Council. According to the video game Jedi Starfighter, Adi is actually out flying a mission during the fightt on Geonosis.

pthfnder89
05-16-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Croaker
The only council member that we actually see go down is Coleman. That ship that blew up could have been anyone.

At the end of the arena bit PLo, Sasee, Shaak-Ti, Mace, were all standing.

Saesse and Shaak Ti are both still standing after the Arena battle, but they can be seen boarding the Gunship that is destroyed. I could be wrong but I think the comic adaptation shows which Council members are on the ship. Has anyone read it that can say if that's true or not?

Also a scene after Geonosis with Yoda, Mace, and Obi Wan in the Council Chamber shows that most of the seats have been taken out.

pthfnder89
05-16-2002, 11:40 AM
I got to thinking, Geonosis was just a setup by the "cool kids" on the Jedi Council to get rid of the dweebs. I double checked the seating arangements of the Council: notice how all the Jedi on Yodas side are the ones that survive (Plo, Yoda, Ki Adi, Mace)

All the others get the big smack down on Geonosis. I always had a suspicion that the Jedi Order was just like High School.:D

(technically Adi also survives, but hey, even the cool kids need a girl to fight over;))

evenflow
05-16-2002, 01:41 PM
What about Oppo Ransciis (sp.?). I dont think he went to fight. I assume he is still well.

JEDIpartner
05-16-2002, 01:45 PM
Bugs Bunny got him like he got his cousin, Gossamer. :D

Darth Nihilus
05-16-2002, 02:09 PM
Kit Fisto was also on the gunship that had Ki-Adi-Mundi.

I was wondering this...When Mace says he will round what Jedi they have remaining, did he mean the Jedi that were stationed on Coruscant or all the active Jedi they had left period. I'm inclined to think the former.

Jedi Clint
05-16-2002, 02:28 PM
According to the novel he meant those that were not on other missions.

Lord Tenebrous
05-16-2002, 02:44 PM
Maybe the Jedi Council chairs come out of the ground when they need them. It seemed that only Yoda's chair was there, and Mace's, Ki's and Plo's are right around his. And Yoda was tired after his duel, so he needed to sit. It was an informal meeting, anyways, and there was really no need for the Council room to be set up...

A side note about Oppo...I really like how his serpentine lower half was animated. He looked too static in the first movie.

mylow thehutt
05-16-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89

Mylow - Actually the Jedi you're thinking of is Stass Ali (might be spelled wrong) She is Adi Gallias cousin according to EU. It's very easy to confuse them since they look practically like twins.

But she is played by a different actress than Adi, and she's also seen in the scene in Palpatines office with several other Jedi.

The real Adi (with the original actress) is seen when Anakin and Obi Wan go before the Jedi Council. According to the video game Jedi Starfighter, Adi is actually out flying a mission during the fightt on Geonosis.

opps sorry Jar-Jar mybad

mylow thehutt
05-16-2002, 03:30 PM
Ploo kind of dissapperd after every one got abord the ships,and kit took his place,also there was two Eeth koths one dark one and the one we know what happen to him any way,who also saw the orange Jedi that looked like an Ark "Bumpy"roose.

pthfnder89
05-16-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
Ploo kind of dissapperd after every one got abord the ships,and kit took his place,also there was two Eeth koths one dark one and the one we know what happen to him any way,who also saw the orange Jedi that looked like an Ark "Bumpy"roose.

Yeah I notice the other Eeth Koth type Jedi too. It confused me for a second until I realized that the one I was looking at had REALLY dark brown skin.

Lord Tenebrous - I was wondering where Plo and Maces chairs were also.