PDA

View Full Version : What Jedi live through AOTC? (MERGED)

Dexter
05-16-2002, 03:15 AM
I'm very uncertain about which Jedi got mowed down in AOTC, and which ones will live to fight in EpIII...

I'm fairly certain Luminara, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Aayala, Ki-Adi Mundi, Mace Windu, and Yoda got away... but who else?

Eternal Padawan
05-16-2002, 03:44 AM
I'm gonna wear out the pause button on my DVD remote come November...

pthfnder89
05-16-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Dexter
I'm very uncertain about which Jedi got mowed down in AOTC, and which ones will live to fight in EpIII...

I'm fairly certain Luminara, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Aayala, Ki-Adi Mundi, Mace Windu, and Yoda got away... but who else?

Luninara did NOT survive unfortunately. You can see her getting into the Republic Gunship that is destroyed in the air, along with Shaak Ti, Sassae Tiin and Eeth Koth, among others.

Dexter
05-16-2002, 12:07 PM
ACK!!!! *Cool* Jedi die?? I thought there were only unnamed generic Jedi on that particular gunship... :cry:

evenflow
05-16-2002, 12:24 PM
Looks like we will be getting new Jedi Council members in Episode III.

QLD
05-16-2002, 12:27 PM
I saw them get on the ship, but I didn't notice that it was the one that died. That sucks. I want some figures the jedi that I have dubbed "red shirt" jedi. You know, faceless jedi who just go and get killed, like the red shirt ensigns on Star Trek.

Anywhoo..........poor Shaak Ti, she was cooooool

Dexter
05-16-2002, 12:31 PM
Screw Shaak Ti! There's a BOOK about Luminara--and she dies in a scene where you can't even tell she bites it? :cry:

Darth Nihilus
05-16-2002, 01:21 PM
Now that I think about it I can't recall having seen Nikto in the Arena. But my memory is usually fuzzy in post movie wind downs.

pthfnder89
05-16-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Darth Nihilus
Now that I think about it I can't recall having seen Nikto in the Arena. But my memory is usually fuzzy in post movie wind downs.

Yeah, I couldn't spot my favorite little guy either:( But then agian there were a lot of them running around so hopefully I can find him the next couple times I see it.

Darth-AWT
05-16-2002, 05:50 PM
I could not make out who was in that gunship, im not sure how you know that any Jedi were in it.

mylow thehutt
05-16-2002, 05:55 PM
As i stated in other threads witch i won't let go is the fact that my favoret jedi Ploo Koon just disapperad with no trace.

Tycho
05-16-2002, 07:36 PM
I'm watching it again. I'm unsure too - who survives and who is killed in the gunships.

I saw get into a gunship:

Ki-Adi Mundi, Mace, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Shaak-Ti

Not sure if I even saw Luminara get on board. Well did her padawan Bariss die?

I didn't see Eeth Koth or SaeSee Tiin (2 of my favorite Jedi) after the Gunships attacked. I'm not sure they ever boarded one. (help me guys). That was a confusing but AWESOME battle! (might have been better than Hoth, but it's hard to say...)

Did Aayla Secura die? I saw her survive right up until the Gunships came, then it got more confusing. We'll need 2 things to finally solve this:

the DVD

Episode 3.

Beast
05-16-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
I'm watching it again. I'm unsure too - who survives and who is killed in the gunships.

Did Aayla Secura die? I saw her survive right up until the Gunships came, then it got more confusing. We'll need 2 things to finally solve this:

the DVD

Episode 3.
Luminara is the first one to climb into the second gunship. Not sure who went in right after her, but it's the same one that Eeth and Shaak-Ti board. And the one that appears to be shot down by ground fire. I didn't see Barriss though, I think she died in the arena.

Aayla Secura did escape the Arena, not sure if she survived the battle though. You can see her later, but just from the back. She is leading a squad of CloneTroopers in the Ground Battle. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
05-16-2002, 08:10 PM
I wonder if they'll say all the names of the Jedi that died in the next Holonet News Update? That'd help alot.

It's Canon right?

CooLJoE
05-16-2002, 08:16 PM
I wasn't aware that Aayla Secura was in it. When reading over in the Hasbro Saga threads, they were talking about wanting her figure. When mentioned that Hasbro would be doing one, they also mentioned that Aayla wasn't in EP2, but an identical jedi was to be in EP2.

Beast
05-16-2002, 08:19 PM
The Holonet News is official canon, as Lucasfilm runs the site themselves. So yes, everything you read there is official. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
05-16-2002, 08:25 PM
It's been updated with the Cruiser bombing on Coruscant, go check it out.

Nothing on the Geonosis Battle, I guess that's still a few days away to them.

GroundskeeperWillie
05-16-2002, 08:42 PM
First off, the comic adaptation of the movie shows EU Jedi Quinlan Vos at the battle (which would not be surprising, since his Padawan Aayla is definitely there). I'm wondering if anyone spotted an actor playing Quinlan in the movie?

Secondly, does anyone know which Jedi in the final battle was supposed to be Bariss? I read Approaching Storm, but I don't recall a description of her, though I pictured her as being a human girl about the age Obi Wan was in Ep I. Anyone know?

Finally, in response to what a previous poster said, looks like we're going to see a new Jedi council in Ep III. What I think would be cooler (since at that point we're going to be well into the closing days of the Clone Wars, a several-year conflict) would be to see the Jedi Council with 6 or 7 empty seats--what a great visual to convey the dwindling numbers of Jedi left alive...

Dexter
05-16-2002, 09:59 PM
Yeah, I saw Aayla out on the battlefield leading the Clone Troopers too.

And if Aayla survived, why not others? Luminara, Eeth Koth, Saesee Tiin, etc. were all seriously important characters--it would be a major mistake for them to die meaningless deaths where you can't even tell that they're dying.

I don't buy it. Luminara's too cool to die that way.

Uncle Owen
05-16-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by GroundskeeperWillie

Finally, in response to what a previous poster said, looks like we're going to see a new Jedi council in Ep III. What I think would be cooler (since at that point we're going to be well into the closing days of the Clone Wars, a several-year conflict) would be to see the Jedi Council with 6 or 7 empty seats--what a great visual to convey the dwindling numbers of Jedi left alive...

As far as I could tell, Only Yoda's seat remained in the council chamber during that last scene....What's up with that??
:confused:

Owen Out!!

Tycho
05-17-2002, 01:22 AM
That was interesting. Because Mace was right there and he sits next to Yoda. So where was his chair?

Mace was awesome in this movie, btw. Especially when Dooku tells him to surrender, they are completely surrounded, and Mace forcefully defies him! "NO! The Jedi will Never be your hostages in this game Dooku!"

That was better than "This party's over!" The stakes were higher. Way to go Mace!

2-1B
05-17-2002, 02:43 AM
Watch for Barriss with Luminara in Palpatine's office, then you should have a good reference for the Geo battle. :)

Croaker
05-17-2002, 07:45 AM
It did seem odd that Mace said 'We'll take our all our remaining Jedi and go to Geonosis' - or something to that effect.
But he does say something about all that remain to us, or, all our remaining.

Does this imply that those were all the Jedi that were around? taking that many were probably out on missions in the galaxy and that most of the jedi in the temple are young trainees and retired librarians - this was all they had left?

Now there were alot who went to the rescue - take a look at the backgrounds of mace talking to the baddies on the balcony. There are jedi blades all around the areana.
But only what, like 14 make it to the end of the fight.
This implies a serious reduction in the number of Jedi.

Now we didn't see all of the council there - no snake/hairy guy, no even piel (but Coleman did bite it big, after being shot twice.)
Now maybe they didn't go because they're not the best fighters and somebody had to stay at home so the sith didn't come walking in and take over the tower.

My point is that there weren't that many jedi around to begin with and now there are fewer.

bobafett07728
05-17-2002, 11:06 AM
OK. . .so from all I've read these two guys are supposed to be pretty bad A#!#. . .so what happened George? There is this grand Jedi battle and you don;t even get to see these guys handle their business? OK. . .so you see Mundi deflecting shots while leaving in the Republic Cruiser. . .but that's it!!! I mean. . .the only time you see them is when the fightin stops and battle droids bring them like prisoners to the rest of the Jedi. C'mon!!!!! Don't get me wrong. . .seeing all these different Jedi fighting was cool, but not one scene of these important Jedi Councel members. . .UUUGGGHHH!!! And where's Seasse Tinn? Anyway. . .the movie ruled. . .I'm just being picky.

Beast
05-17-2002, 11:21 AM
There are according to the visual dictionary, 9000 Jedi spread across the galaxy on missions. And 200 or so, at the Jedi Temple for Emergancy missions. So, there are plenty of Jedi left, they are just to spread out to have been brought in for the Geonosian Battle. That is also their weakness, and how most of them are going to meet there end.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
05-17-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
There are according to the visual dictionary, 9000 Jedi spread across the galaxy on missions. And 200 or so, at the Jedi Temple for Emergancy missions. So, there are plenty of Jedi left, they are just to spread out to have been brought in for the Geonosian Battle. That is also their weakness, and how most of them are going to meet there end.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Which would make sense, and was probably even caused on purpose by Sidious and Dooku.

The opening crawl says that the number of systems that has broken away, or are thinking of breaking away, from the Republic numbers in the Thousands. Assuming that there are at least two Jedi on each of the renegade systems, that could account for most of them being effectively "out of action".

Pretty devious planning by Palpatine.:)

bobafett07728
05-17-2002, 11:41 AM
I'm sorry. . .I guess I'm a little slow. . .what is this Holonet News everyone is talking about?

Beast
05-17-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by bobafett07728
I'm sorry. . .I guess I'm a little slow. . .what is this Holonet News everyone is talking about?
It's a Lucasfilm Run Website that was created to hype the movie up some, and also to give some info on what's going on in the galaxy. Just point your browser to: http://www.holonetnews.com/ :D.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bobafett07728
05-17-2002, 11:49 AM
Thanks Jar Jar. . .I'll check it out.

El Chuxter
05-17-2002, 02:09 PM
I think it would've hammered home how grave the situation was if we saw Plo Koon kicking tail and getting shot in the back.

starwars92590
05-17-2002, 05:01 PM
i have heard that the transport Tiin borded was desroyed!

Mace Windex
05-17-2002, 08:48 PM
Just got back from watching AOTC for the third time. IN the arena battle I noticed a Jedi weilding TWO light sabers if various scenes. Unfortunately, I cannot make out who it was.
As far as other Jedi dying. To me it seems as though everyone who escaped the arena was alive at the end. I didn't see any Jedi on the transport ships that exploded.

SithDroid
05-17-2002, 09:51 PM
You see Saesee Tiin for a brief moment in the arena. I saw him, but it was quick. I'm going to go see it again tomorrow so I'll see if he died on the one that crashed.

As for Plo Koon and Ki Adi-Mundi, I think originally they left the arena to battle somewhere on a ship or something like that. That is why they were separated and were later taken over to the other Jedi. I can't remember the specifics, perhaps JJB can help me out here.

Beast
05-17-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally there was a whole space battle planned, where the Jedi's got aboard the droid control ship, thinking that would shut down the droids down on the planet. The Droid Control ship turns out to be a decoy, to divide the Jedi numbers and Plo was rumored to get shot. Instead they have it as Ki-Adi-Mundi and Plo Koon just get moved into the group from some other area of the arena, which is still possible, since they were up in the stands when the fight started. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

MikeAndTheBots
05-17-2002, 10:20 PM
It would be so cool if what JJB said (except for Plo dying) actually was in the movie.

Rogue II
05-18-2002, 09:56 AM
OK I have a couple things I'm confused about:

1. How many Jedi are there to begin with?

2. How many die on Genosis?

Forgive me if these have been answered somewhere else.

Kuzu
05-18-2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Tycho

I didn't see Eeth Koth or SaeSee Tiin (2 of my favorite Jedi) after the Gunships attacked. I'm not sure they ever boarded one. (help me guys). That was a confusing but AWESOME battle! (might have been better than Hoth, but it's hard to say...)

I saw SeaSea get in to the ship with shak-ti,were did you see ploo.

the DVD

Episode 3. :(

Kuzu
05-18-2002, 10:01 AM
wow my post got into your quote sorry,it's at the bottem.

Kuzu
05-18-2002, 10:14 AM
Jar Jar on what you said on ploo I heard he gets shot by Droidedeka but still lives just wounded badley.

Jedi Clint
05-18-2002, 10:28 AM
Rogue II,

According to the novel, there were around 9000 Jedi scattered around the galaxy (at least I think that is accurate), and only a couple hundred available to travel to Geonosis.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-18-2002, 12:23 PM
Why was Aayla Secura such a big deal? If she was good enough to survive the arena and most of the council wasn't, why wasn't Aayla on the Council to begn with? Coleman fell and died, and he hardly even put up a fight!
The only time I saw Saesee was when boarding a gunship, but only for a second.
Did Ki-Adi-Mundi die? I can't remember what ship he was on.
I think they should have spent more time on individual Jedi in the arena. Kit Fisto gets a whole scene to himself, just for C-3PO's sake!
And, did Oppo even fight? I saw him and his cool-*** snake body in the Council, but not on Geonosis.
One more thing, what color was Eeth's lightsaber? I imagine green like on the figure, but that figure was for Phantom Menace.

pthfnder89
05-18-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
Why was Aayla Secura such a big deal? If she was good enough to survive the arena and most of the council wasn't, why wasn't Aayla on the Council to begn with? Coleman fell and died, and he hardly even put up a fight!
The only time I saw Saesee was when boarding a gunship, but only for a second.
Did Ki-Adi-Mundi die? I can't remember what ship he was on.
I think they should have spent more time on individual Jedi in the arena. Kit Fisto gets a whole scene to himself, just for C-3PO's sake!
And, did Oppo even fight? I saw him and his cool-*** snake body in the Council, but not on Geonosis.
One more thing, what color was Eeth's lightsaber? I imagine green like on the figure, but that figure was for Phantom Menace.

Most people just like the Aayla Secura idea because she looks neat, and its interesting that she started off in the comics and George Lucas used her in the film because he liked her design. Normally he doesn't really associate himself with the EU stuff at all.

Ki Adi survived. He boarded the same gunship as Mace Windu and Yoda. Kit Fisto also boarded the same ship.

Oppo Rancis was aparently not in the Arena Battle. He supposedly stayed on Coruscant at the Temple.

Eeth Koths lightsaber was indeed green, he doesn't get a very good shot in the movie (although a darker skinned Jedi of the same race is seen closeup several times) but I believe the was a picture posted which showed him and his lightsaber.

pthfnder89
05-18-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Mace Windex
Just got back from watching AOTC for the third time. IN the arena battle I noticed a Jedi weilding TWO light sabers if various scenes. Unfortunately, I cannot make out who it was.
As far as other Jedi dying.

Yes, I spent most of my second vieing last night chekcing out the background fighting, and there are actually 4 or 5 Jedi who can be seen fighting with two lightsabers. All of them are no name background Jedi though, so Anakin is the only real character who we get to see with two sabers.:(

If you go to StarWars.com, and download one of the Ep2 documentaries, I think it's the one named "A Twinkle Beyond Pluto", you get to see a lot of extras doing green-screen work for the Arena battle, and they have a shot of one of them showing off with two sabers for the camera.

tagmac
05-18-2002, 05:33 PM
As for the gunship that got destroyed, I thought I saw more than three ships during the battle. It's very possible none of the Jedi were on board the one that was hit, only Clone troopers. Guess I'll have to check again if I get to see the movie again anytime soon.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-18-2002, 07:28 PM
I have only seen AOTC once (going to see it again on Mon- or Tuesday), but IIRC there were at least 4 Republic Gunships at the Geonosian Arena. And i also agree Plo Koon, Saesee Tiin and Eeth Koth got too little action in the battle. They should have shown their powers.

:)

JediIan
05-19-2002, 10:56 AM
Okay, so if the Zabrac featured in the movie wasnt Eeth Koth ( i thought his skin looked darker) is Eeth seen at all in the arena? i know you can see him in the council room, but is he visible EVER in the arena?

Tycho
05-19-2002, 01:50 PM
I took it that we saw Eeth Koth when he deflects a blast and then spin kicks another battle droid's head off with his foot.

THAT was kool. It was hard to tell for certain if that was Eeth Koth, if his make-up got altered for a stunt double, or what? The long dark hair was swinging, caught in the air while he was spinning, and it was hard to see his alien facial features in the first place.

Now I CHOOSE to believe THAT was Eeth Koth kicking battle-droid-butt, until I see it proven overwise! Eeth Koth, SaeSee, and Plo, plus Even Piel are some of my favorite Council Members.

However, I remind all of you that just because they sit on the High Council, or even have action figures, "if they don't even speak, they are not important."

I once read in spoilers that Plo Koon and Ki-Adi Mundi are the ONLY members of the Council besides Mace and Yoda who survive this.

But I noticed Shaak-Ti is a Council Member now and it looks as if she survived at least until Mace ordered their gunship to land and they rejoined the ground battle.

In Episode 3 Spoiler Threads I am going to start a topic that I think Mace is a bad-guy, by the way. (Not to be argued here). Since there are NO "official" E3 spoilers, I think the forum is pretty 'safe' right now, but we want to do this there so we can fill it in with facts once someone 'steals' a peek a George's script).

DarthMaulSithLord
05-19-2002, 08:03 PM
I am pretty sure it actually was Eeth Koth.

:)

mylow thehutt
05-19-2002, 08:12 PM
how does every one know shak-ti and friends are in the ship,it looks to me that no jedi were in the ship.when it blew

chewie
05-19-2002, 09:55 PM
From my own memory of seeing AOTC. There were only two landing gunships. One with Yoda, Mace, and the unimportant jedi, the other with Anakin, Padme, & Obi-Wan. After they take off we see at least one or two extra gunships join them. I believe one of the extra non-jedi holding gunships was blown up.

So IMO, Shaak-Ti and company get to live until EIII for their eventual demise in that movie. :)

Croaker
05-20-2002, 08:08 AM
I saw it again. there are three gunships that land to pick up jedi.
Obi, Ani, Padme in one
Ki-adi, Mace, kit in another
the rest in the last one (I suppose)
Then there is the one with Yoda.

That's four. But then we see other shots of them flying towards the battle. There are at least seven in that group.
And there are quite a few jedi leading the clone troopers later (including Aayla -twilek)

Croaker
05-20-2002, 08:09 AM
Sorry - the point being it could have been only clones on the ship that exploded.

tagmac
05-20-2002, 02:02 PM
I saw AOTC again yesterday.......there WERE jedi aboard the ship that gets destroyed. While I couldn't see who, I noticed a couple lightsabers visible a split second before it explodes.

Tycho
05-20-2002, 02:51 PM
LOL - at least we get the DVD in October!

This thread might be going on until then.

El Chuxter
05-20-2002, 04:45 PM
The New Essential Guide to Characters says that Ki-Adi was one of the few survivors, so he's okieday. Kit is too cool to die, and Saessee--well, what's the point of the prophecy of the One who will bring Sass to the Force if he gets offed? :(

And Oppo "Goatboy" Rancisis--I heard he was going to be there, so until I hear otherwise, he was blasted into goo by a droideka, then got stuck on the foot of a passing battledroid and was eaten by the reek. I can't stand that amazing pig terd of a Jedi.

A'Sharad Hett
05-20-2002, 05:04 PM
It really bothers me that we don't even see Ki and Plo fight, does anyone know if the scene with them on the droid control ship was even made and just taken out, or if they dropped it all together before making it?

Beast
05-20-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by A'Sharad Hett
It really bothers me that we don't even see Ki and Plo fight, does anyone know if the scene with them on the droid control ship was even made and just taken out, or if they dropped it all together before making it?
It was scrapped before filming, from what I understand. That's why it doesn't appear in the book either. You can see Ki-Adi-Mundi, Plo Koon, and Aayla Secura get moved into the circle of remaining Jedi while Dooku is talking to Mace, apperantly they were fighting in another area of the arena. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
05-20-2002, 05:27 PM
I think they just dropped the scene before ever shooting it.

Yes I'd like to see more of the Masters fight before they all die.

Have to get around to checking the Holonet News to see if they have a death count.

These Jedi are not all that important to the storyline though.

In terms of Expanded Universe, the Jedi in order of appearance and importance seem to be:

Yoda (ESB, ROTJ, TPM, AOTC, and everything else)

Mace (TPM, AOTC, and everything else)

Adi Gallia (most important EU Jedi by far!) ( 6 Jedi Apprentice books, Hunt for Aurra Sing, Jedi Starfighter game, Cloak of Deception, more)

Ki-Adi Mundi (Prelude to Rebellion, Outlander, Emissaries, Hunt for Aurra, Cloak of Deception, etc)

Plo Koon (Stark Hyperspace Wars)

Even Piel (Emissaries to Malastare)

SaeSee Tiin (Jedi Council: Acts of War, Cloak of Deception)

Luminara (not a Council Member, but Before the Storm)

Eeth Koth (Outlander's backstory, Acts of War)

Depa Billaba (Emissaries to Malastare - Mace's part)

Yarael Poof (Zam Wessel - dies in the comic before AOTC)

Yaddle (fight with the Advoze - forgot the SW Tales title)

Oppo Rancisis - does nothing, but the tail was cool!

But all the Jedi save for Yoda and Mace are all just background fodder in terms of the films. If you have read none of these books or comics, than they should mean nothing to you and they are totally unimportant. They don't each NEED a death scene, it just would be cool.

If you HAVE read all these comics and books, or play the video games, than you know that Adi Gallia commanded a Jedi Starfighter wing that came in with the gunships and fought in the space battle we never saw. Or Stess Allie (her cousin) did. They are both Corellian, and as we know, Corellians like Han Solo seem to all relish being the best pilots. The video game expands on this and says that Adi Gallia and her former apprentice Siri (blonde, human female - possibly also Corellian) were in the starfighter battle. They most likely lived then. They weren't caught in a trap and especially Master Gallia is a superior pilot.

However, you know she is also the most developed secondary Jedi character - more than Luminara with her one book - or any of that. (Except we don't know WHY she -and her cousin (???) wear those jelly fish on their heads??? - did Han forget his hat? How about Madine - it might be an improvement in his case...but??? Wedge? Nah.... Maybe the Empire told Corellians they will cease to wear jellyfish - but I always thought it would be something unique for Adi Gallia with a story behind it. Why would her cousin have to have the same thing. Bad idea. Jedi who are family should be separated. It's bad enough that Master Gallia's parents are the Corellian Representatives to the Senate, so SHE also knows her real parents. They serve Garm Bel Ibis in the Corellian embassy. But that doesn't explain the jellyfish!)

But still, if all these characters just died, it doesn't make a difference to the movies. Unless you read this stuff and liked it, you probably don't care.

And Plo Koon's fans who like the way he looks, are still going to say he's cooler than Adi Gallia, but other than the way he looks, there's no reason to think so. Master Gallia's the bomb!

JetsAndHeels
05-20-2002, 09:41 PM
I saw Shaak Ti board one of the Gunships, but it is hard to tell if she is indeed on board the one that gets blown to bits. I am assuming she is, but if not I know she bit the dust somewhere in there, because it seems the death count was pretty high on Geonosis.
BTW, Shaak Ti is one of my favorite Jedi. She looks cool, if nothing else.

DarthBrandon
05-20-2002, 10:30 PM
Seen the movie four times once while I was under the influence of the Dark side (Rye & Ginger) the others sober with a clear mind.
I did not see any Jedi in that ship that blew up and I waited every time for that scene. You see them boarding the ship and that's it, now maybe later( Episode III ) we will find out who made it and who didn't but we'll have to wait till then.

P.S. it's like Tyco said these characters are just background fodder until they get some lines like Ki-Adi-Mundi did in ATOC.
They will not play a pivitol role in the storyline they are just fillers. I would have liked to see more of the council battleling but I have to revert back to what I said earlier.

jjreason
05-20-2002, 10:55 PM
I didn't see the movie in a good digital theatre or anything, but I was completely unable to see any lightsabers on the ship that gets blasted beside Yoda's. EpIII will prove only who has died or gone into hiding up until that point. If we don't see some familiar Jedi in EpIII we can't assume they died on Geonosis, unless they pick up right where we left off like ROJ. Does anyone know for sure what the time lapse will be btwn epII and epIII?

DarthSetnom
05-21-2002, 02:12 AM
See I think the only way for us to know the answer to this particular question is to wait and see what Jedi take part in EP3...

If my theory is correct, there will be a smaller Jedi Council or maybe none at all, given tha fact that decisions need to be made in no time and a Council would just slow things down. Also, I wouldn't be too surprised to learn that the Order is in chaos and several members have left for good.

IF any of them clearly identifiable Jedis lived on, we will see them in Ep3. I have this feeling some of them didn't die because having fan favorites die (and those who have a certain legend to them like Plo Koon and some others) would add greatly to the drama of the Jedi Purge.

Of course, GL might surprise us with another lame plot where they all die because there was some sort of soccer game and they lost to the clone army...

GroundskeeperWillie
05-21-2002, 09:33 AM
I'm hoping we're going to get a GODFATHER-type montage, cut together the same way as the slaughter of the five families from the end of GF 1--we'll see Padme giving birth to Luke and Leia (like Michael Corleone watching Connie's baby's baptism) intercut with Vader (and maybe Boba Fett) going around taking care of loose ends, killing the last of the Jedi wherever he finds them. Done this way, we'll understand that this is a process that is taking some time, but we'll know that it is Vader taking care of it all and the sequence will only take 5-10 minutes. Maybe he'll stab Plo Kloon in the eye with his lightsaber while he's getting a massage a la Moe Green, or kick Adi Gallia and Luminara into an evevator and blast them with a laser cannon like Clemenza in GF! That'd be sweet! LOL!

After all, Francis Ford Coppola was G. Lu's friend and mentor--that would be a great little homage to his films.

(Just kidding about stabbing in the eye and kicking into the elevator, etc. Still, intercut like that could be really cool...)

Tycho
05-21-2002, 09:50 AM
See the Episode THREE spoiler section. I posted my take on the complete plot of E3.

I think we'll only see Vader kill Ki-Adi Mundi and first, Plo Koon.

El Chuxter
05-21-2002, 12:16 PM
Siri survived, though she's not in the movie. She appears on Kamino searching for Boba Fett shortly afterwards in Boba Fett: The Fight to Survive.

Tycho
05-21-2002, 04:12 PM
Cool! Thanks for that news. I have to get that book. So many I want and so much money I've spent!

The books are having to come secondary to figures right now.

Budgeting? No. Actual maximum spending limitations!

mylow thehutt
05-23-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
The New Essential Guide to Characters says that Ki-Adi was one of the few survivors, so he's okieday. Kit is too cool to die, and Saessee--well, what's the point of the prophecy of the One who will bring Sass to the Force if he gets offed? :(

And Oppo "Goatboy" Rancisis--I heard he was going to be there, so until I hear otherwise, he was blasted into goo by a droideka, then got stuck on the foot of a passing battledroid and was eaten by the reek. I can't stand that amazing pig terd of a Jedi.

what is this talk of a cool book,got more info on it.

Beast
05-24-2002, 11:06 AM
According to the latest update of the "Ask the Lucasfilm Jedi Council" it is confirmed that Adi Gallia did not go with the Jedi's to Geonosis, so we know now that she survives for EIII. Here is the complete question and answer from the wise, Madame Jocasta Nu: Jedi Librarian. Hopefully sooner or later they will tell us who else lived after the Battle of Geonosis. :)

Q:According to the databank Adi Gallia does not appear in Episode II, but I swear I saw her, when Mace Windu said he would take the remaining Jedi. Was she in it?

A:That was not Adi Gallia, but rather Stass Allie. However, Adi Gallia is present during the Jedi Council scenes, and the databanks have recently and quietly been updated to reflect that.

MTFWBY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Croaker
05-24-2002, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the info JarJarBinks

leenovak
05-24-2002, 11:16 AM
What's that thing sitting directly to Adi's left? With the long beard I guess. Species? name? Never saw that creature before....thanks.

Beast
05-24-2002, 11:28 AM
That's Oppo Rancisis, he was also seen on the Jedi Council in Episode I. Sadly I didn't see him pop up in Episode II in the arena, so he may have remained on Coruscant as well. Maybe it was to difficult for Lucasfilm to animate him fighting, since he has a serpantine body. Here is a link to his databank file at StarWars.Com. :)

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/opporancisis/index.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
05-24-2002, 11:47 AM
And the dino loon that ended up taking Yareal Poof's spot dies - at least Yareal was able to survive his whole movie, he should've been done like Adi and stayed in his council chair. Those council chair potatoes. :D

Poor Eeth though, I truly think his gunship got shotdown... :dead: :cry: Maybe Yareal can take Eeth's spot on the council since Lucas doesn't care about the EU so the comic book with Yereal isn't true. :p Twas just a flesh wound...

I'm guessing Adi stayed behind with some other Jedi (not combat-iple?) to hold down the fort the best they cane - and look after the little Jedilings.

Tycho
05-28-2002, 04:52 AM
OK, let's sort out who was on what gunship, please. That's one of the debated points, plus I'm going to buy at least 3 - 4 Gunships when the toy comes out and hope I can make a display that fits them, but doesn't take up too much space!

YODA'S GUNSHIP - Mace, Kit Fisto, and Ki-Adi Mundi board this ship for sure. Mace is even seen having a conversation with Yoda about stopping Dooku here, and cutting off the Trade Federation from making deliveries of their droids to insurrectionist systems.

So we have:

Yoda
Mace Windu
Kit Fisto
Ki-Adi Mundi

OBI-WAN'S GUNSHIP - easy, we have the main cast so they can continue their adventure...

Obi-Wan
Anakin
Padme

SHAAK-TI'S GUNSHIP

ShaakTi (obviously)
SaeSee Tiin?
Eeth Koth?
Luminara?
Nikto Jedi?
Deppa Billaba?

AAYLA SECURA'S GUNSHIP (not seen) - but how else does she leave the Arena?

Aayla is definitely seen running, leading clones in the Battle of Geonosis.

also, note that Aayla is no longer Quinlan's padawan. That she might fight alongside her old Master is fine, but the ongoing comic takes place 2 years after TPM and 8 years before AOTC. Aayla might have taken her trials and recovered herself from her memory-wipe ordeal, under the tuteledge of Master Tholme - Quinlan's former master himself.

Maybe Plo Koon got out on Aayla's ship. I've always read that he is supposed to survive to participate in Episode 3.

MISSING JEDI COUNCIL MEMBERS:

the official site contradicts the video game if it says Adi Gallia stayed on Coruscant. She's the best Jedi Starfighter pilot so I'm sure that she and Siri were racing their Delta-7's in to cover the Republic Cruisers that were unloading Gunships and Landercraft like the AT TE's or whatever the walkers are called.

Oppo Rancisis fighting being too hard to animate? Or not enough time or desire to do it? They could have if they wanted to! But perhaps in his older age, he didn't go.

Master Yaddle? Where was she? She's also no longer on the Council any more. Her temporary assingment must have been over and she's been replaced by Shaak-Ti. I didn't see Yaddle in the Arena battle though. Yaddle is around 400 years old - less than half Yoda's age. So she might be middle-aged for his species.

Even Piel - Where was the Lannik Jedi? I personally think he's cool and liked the story where we learned how he lost that eye.

But anyway, can we get these gunships sorted out please?

Riding with what groups do I put my action figures?

A'Sharad Hett
05-28-2002, 07:39 PM
I was so mad when Coleman bit the dust. I know, I know, he wasn't even in the movie but for about 3 scenes, but the fact that he was on the council (so he was obviously skilled) and more than likely a Jedi Master ( I think Ki's the only one who was a Knight) should have given him more than enough edge to survive five shots with a blaster, he deflected like, two of em, then was killed. I'm sure it was just to show Jango was a bad mother f----- right before he fought the baddest mother f-----, Mace.

Tycho
05-28-2002, 09:05 PM
LOL - uh, Ki-Adi Mundi is now a Jedi Master. His padawan's name is uh.....

A'sharad Hett.

Lost your memory have you? How unfortunate. He-heh-heh-he-hee! ;)

hango fett
05-29-2002, 08:12 PM
i saw mace, shaak ti, eeth, luminara, kit, ki, all on one ship. they went out to the battle outside the arena. i'm pretty sure kit survives. not sure about the others. but i think they did die because at the end, the only council chair left is yodas and i don't think the council room needs cleaned.

Master Goeweins
05-29-2002, 09:57 PM
I could not see a single Jedi on the ship that blew up. It couldn't possibly have been the ship with Shaak Tii. There were too many Jedi aboard to not have seen any lightsabers. All the other ships with Jedi had lightsabers glowing, no way that not even one of them would have still had their lightsabers on.
As far as Bariss O'fee, Luminara's padawan, she is visible in the arena after the battle when the droids have them surrounded and Dooku offers them a surrender. When the Jedis relight their swords she is in the immediate background. She survived the initial fight, but I could not see her get on the ship. However, Luminara definitely got aboard. Having loved Approaching Storm I watched the two of them intentley. My girlfriend even dressed as Bariss O'fee at the midnight showing.
One last point, Kitt Fisto absolutely rocks. You have to be the coolest Jedi to smile like that after you knock around some droids.
Glad Lucas left a little nuiance like that stay in the film. And Kitt lives because you can see him get off a ship and lead a clone batallion into war. It's also been documented that he served as a General (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) in the Clone Wars.

Really can't wait to get a proper count together.

And we should all know that the battle on Geonosis showed only a few of the total Jedi. I mean, in the original movies it is said that Darth Vader hunted down and killed all the Jedi. There has to be many more out there in order for that to be fulfilled.

MTFBY

A'Sharad Hett
05-29-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
but i think they did die because at the end, the only council chair left is yodas and i don't think the council room needs cleaned.

No, I don't think all the other Jedi on the council died. Remember, Mace's chair was gone too, and he was standing right there! Plus, the new essential guide to characters says Ki survives, and Plo Koon was supposed to be badly wounded I think. And some of the council didn't go (Gallia, Oppo (?), Piell (?)). So I think more of the council is still alive.

Nebulaz
07-13-2002, 02:02 PM
I was told that both of them died while one of the gunships blew up??? Can anyone confirm or deny this?

corporal AMF
07-14-2002, 09:22 AM
I downloaded the movie and I've watching it for ten times and I must say that there's no trace of main Jedi dying (except Coleman), so when the gunships explodes could have been any of the 7 leaving the Arena............

Master Plo- Koon
07-22-2002, 11:56 AM
I have asked SW.com many times of the fate of Plo Koon on Geonosis. I asked last month, waiting for a reply. No reply. This month, this past week I have asked No answer. I am running out of patience. I need to know what happened to plo koon. I saw him alive in the arena. But not outsied of it, I need to know if he did infact die on geonosis, or if he is one of the surviving Jedi of the battle.

billfremore
07-22-2002, 12:09 PM
I coulda sworn I saw him get on one of the transports...

Beast
07-22-2002, 01:06 PM
They only answer questions after they get a large number of them about the same subject. Plus they arn't going to address a question unless they know the answer. Or if the answer is an E3 Spoiler. But billfremore is correct, he was in the circle of surviving Jedi when the Gunships come in. So he's most likely alive. Unless he was in the gunship that is blown out of the sky, or is killed later leading troops into battle. :)
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
07-22-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Unless he was in the gunship that is blown out of the sky, or is killed later leading troops into battle. :)
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The gunship that blew up had no Jedi on it. I have watched the last part of the film a total of 15 times plus and I am positive that there was no Jedi on board. As for him being killed in battle later on, that is quite possible, but none of us will know until Episode III comes out in 2005. Even in between films there is a three - year span and he could be killed in that time frame as well. JarJarBinks I didn't mean to disagree with you on the gunship matter, but I've seen it so many times in slow motion that I am positive there was no Jedi on board.

DeadEye
07-22-2002, 02:09 PM
I'm also pretty certain no Jedi were on the gunship that blew up--I watch the "Bounty Hunter" trailer on my computer, paused it when it showed the ship explode--there were only clonetroopers on board.

Tycho
07-22-2002, 02:42 PM
I just saw the movie again, and I have to agree with that.

Master Plo- Koon
07-22-2002, 03:43 PM
Well what it seems like it is pointing to, that Plo Koon is probably alive, and was not killed in the battle but know one is sure.

Most likely though if you look when they are surrounded he is escorted back along with Ki adi Mundi, back to the circle of jedi. Possibly from their raid on the core ship? Or another part of the arena. watch it closely.

THE Slayer
07-23-2002, 06:17 PM
On Sw.com the bio's may give you a clue, If you read Kit's and Ayala's it specifically said they survived and led a legion of clone troopers into battle, Then if you read Barris's it say's something like, "fought valiantly at her masters side" not really a mention that she survived the ordeal, but not really a confirmation. So IMO if the bio doesn't say they lived, they died.

Raiden
07-25-2002, 01:05 PM
I don't know how accurate this information is, but at http://www.thelightsaber.com this info was listed along with each Jedi's lightsaber:

Luminara Unduli and Shaak Ti were killed during the Clone Wars..........well, the Clone Wars itself lasted through to Episode III.

Coleman Trebor was killed at the arena. That we all agree on.

Yarael Poof was killed on a mission somewhere.

Aayla Secura, A'shrad Hett, Adi Galia ,Bariss Offee, Bultar Swan, Eeth Koth, Even Peil, Ki-Adi Mundi, Kitt Fisto, Oppo Rancisis, Pablo-Jill, Plo Koon, Quinlan Vos, Saesee Tiin, Stass Allie, and Yaddle were presumed killed during the Jedi Purge.

It actually never mentions Mace being presumed killed during the purge. (???)

This isn't my version of it.........you can read it at the site yourselves. Again, I do not know where they got this info from.........but they have some great pics of the Jedi's lightsabers!!

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/kitfisto/img/movie_bg.jpg

billfremore
07-25-2002, 01:07 PM
If you follow the EU, Yarael Poof was killed in the Zam Wesell comic that came out shortly before the movie.

El Chuxter
07-25-2002, 01:24 PM
I watched the movie again last night. Coleman was the only major Jedi I saw dying. However, I think the Saessee was an impostor, since he has two horns, and the guy there clearly had two floppy foam rubber appendages. :crazed:

Kit Fisto survives the Jedi Purge. I know this because I just happened to find make up part of the Episode III script:

Vader kicks aside Plo Koon's severed head and walks slowly across the entry of the Jedi Temple, stepping on the charred body of Oppo Rancisis. Kit Fisto swings on a rope to land in the doorway in front of Vader.
VADER: Fisto! You should not have come back. Don't let yourself be destroyed as Ki-Adi did.
KIT: I have no intention of dying, my young friend. Have at you, knave!
Kit Fisto flashes his Mighty Grin at Vader and ignites his saber. The two engage in swordplay for about one hour. Finally, Vader gains the upper hand and slices Kit's lightsaber handle in two.
VADER: Now, my lady-killin' friend, you will die.
KIT: So be it, Sith.
Kit Fisto flashes his Mighty Sneer at Vader. Vader covers his eyes.
VADER: No more! No more, Fisto, I beg of you! Uncle! Uncle!
Vader runs, screaming, from the Temple. Kit stands up and slowly lowers the ysalmiri-lined cages containing Obi-Wan and Yoda.
YODA: Thankful we are. But the last of the Jedi now are we. Obi-Wan, Skywalker's children you must guard. Retire to Dagobah I will. And Kit, my friend, earned a nice vacation among the bikini-clad natives of Malibooine you have.
KIT: Swwwweeeeeeeeeet!
Kit grins widely at the camera. Fade to credits.

Rogue II
07-26-2002, 07:50 PM
So what you are saying is that Episode 3 will be known as Kit Fisto: Intergalactic Man of Mystery. Yeah, Baby! Yeah!

patchiswelsh
08-12-2002, 08:24 AM
Did Shaak, Luminara and Strass die when..... that republic gunship blew up in flight in front of Yoda Mace and Ki was that their ship or are they still living???
Which i hope!!!

LTBasker
08-12-2002, 08:33 AM
Actually instead of going off topic you should've put this in the AOTC movie section. It'll probably get moved there anyways though. I think they may have survived, not sure though, it hasn't really been cleared on what Jedi that we all know and love got killed at Geonosis.

Geonosian
08-12-2002, 08:34 AM
I think your right.

hango fett
08-12-2002, 08:35 AM
well, kit fisto was there with mace when they got to the outside of the arena and fought the droids....i think he survived, and i think they were all on the same ship because ki-adi and mace helped luminara and shaak in, i think....
YF.

Pendo
08-12-2002, 09:05 AM
Yes they are dead :cry:.

PENDO!

Exhaust Port
08-12-2002, 10:30 AM
Which Jedi is Strass?

Pendo
08-12-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
Which Jedi is Strass?

Stass Allie was cousin to Adi Gallia. See pic.

PENDO!

DarthBrandon
08-12-2002, 10:55 AM
Refer to this thread for possible answers :)
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11586&highlight=Jedi+that+survived

Pendo
08-12-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by brandon
Refer to this thread for possible answers :)
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11586&highlight=Jedi+that+survived

But do be careful when going to that link because it IS in the Episode III SPOILERS section.

PENDO!

Exhaust Port
08-12-2002, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the warning Pendo, I think I'll pass.

Spoiler free till I've seen all 3!

I don't necessarily think that the exploding Gunship is carrying those Jedi. There were at least several other Gunships flying that could have changed positions with the one carrying the Jedi in question. Of course once we have the DVD we can all go through frame by frame to see who is on that Gunship exactly.

DarthBrandon
08-12-2002, 11:34 AM
Yes Pendo, I realize that it's in the Episode III spoiler section, but it's almost the same question that was asked here and there are no spoilers in there. I believe it's in the wrong section.:)

Originally posted by starwars92590

That gunship was destroyed; Mace Windu ordered his gunship be landed before it was destroyed.

Here is a little bit of info that I posted a while back about who died etc.

Originally posted by Brandon
Lets not forget people, Luminara, Shak-Ti, Plo, Eeth, Saesee, Aayla and one or two more Jedi, were all on the same gunship. Padme, Anakin, and Obi-Wan on another. Then we have Mace, Yoda, Ki Adi Mundi, and Kit on the other. If the gunship carrying Aayla's group blew up, how is it that she is seen running on the battlefield? I watched the last twenty minutes 8 or 9 times last night and I don't see any Jedi dying on a gunship. Plus I seen it four times at the theatre, so something tells me, the eyes are playing tricks on people. I will say this, only George knows who is alive by the time Episode III starts, not I or anyone else on these forums, only him.

If you're wondering how I watched it eight or nine times, that's because my friend gave me a burnt copy of the film.

Seen the movie four times, once while I was under the influence of the Dark side (Rye & Ginger), the others sober with a clear mind.
I did not see any Jedi in that ship that blew up and I waited every time for that scene. You see them boarding the ship and that's it, now maybe later( Episode III ) we will find out who made it and who didn't but we'll have to wait till then.

P.S. it's like Tyco said these characters are just background fodder until they get some lines like Ki-Adi-Mundi did in ATOC.
They will not play a pivotal role in the storyline they are just fillers. I would have liked to see more of the council battling but I have to revert back to what I said earlier.

This is when I seen it at the theater, I posted this in a similar thread.

The gunship that blew up had no Jedi on it. I have watched the last part of the film a total of 15 times plus and I am positive that there was no Jedi on board. As for him being killed in battle later on, that is quite possible, but none of us will know until Episode III comes out in 2005. Even in between films there is a three - year span and he could be killed in that time frame as well. JarJarBinks I didn't mean to disagree with you on the gunship matter, but I've seen it so many times in slow motion that I am positive there was no Jedi on board.

This was also posted in a similar thread.There is no spoilers in there what so ever, or any in that thread for that matter.;)

Pendo
08-12-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by brandon
This was also posted in a similar thread.There is no spoilers in there what so ever, or any in that thread for that matter.;)

Ok thanx brandon. I was just being careful and warning other Spoiler Free fans that there might be spoilers in there. Us spoiler free weirdos have got to stick together and help eachother through the most difficult time in our life :). I'll check out the thread now that I know there are no spoilers. :D

PENDO!

DarthBrandon
08-12-2002, 12:32 PM
No problem, sometimes threads get posted in the wrong section, and I can understand if you don't want spoilers, but I don't think we will have to worry about that for a while, because nothing has been started yet.:)

patchiswelsh
08-12-2002, 01:14 PM
where abouts can you see aalaya and luminara or shaak on the battlefield bradon???

patchiswelsh
08-12-2002, 01:31 PM
could brandon or anyone upload a pic of aayla secura and luminara etc on the battlefield????

DarthBrandon
08-12-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by patchiswelsh
where abouts can you see aalaya and luminara or shaak on the battlefield bradon???

I can't give you the exact moment, but Aayla is clearly seen running on the battlefield with her lightsaber drawn. I never said I saw Luminara or Shak-Ti running on the battlefield; my point was if Aayla was on the same gunship as Luminara, Shak-Ti, Plo, Eeth, Saesee, and one or two more Jedi, and it blew up. How is it that she is seen running on the battlefield a few minutes later? I guess most people will have to wait for the DVD to see this for themselves, Iíve already seen the film fifteen plus times and I am Positive that there are no Jedi on board the gunship that blew up. I don't really think that George would kill off some really key members of the Jedi organization until Episode III.:D

I'll look for a pic.
No pic yet, but I have info from StarWars.com

Aayla Bio
With an athletic build, an exotic beauty, and deep cerulean hue, Aayla Secura stood out among the many faces of the Jedi ranks. She was a Jedi Knight during the twilight years of the order, and operated out of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. During the Separatist crisis that threatened to split the Republic, Secura was a member of a 200-Jedi strong taskforce sent to the distant world of Geonosis to rescue captive Jedi. In the massive battle that ensued, Secura was one of the few survivors. She was brusquely marched by Geonosian warriors into a circle of Jedi survivors to await execution. The sudden arrival of clone trooper reinforcements spared her that fate. Secura would then lead her own squad of clone troopers into the thick of the Geonosian battle, her lightsaber shimmering in the billowing dust, forming a luminiscent beacon for the trained Republic infantrymen to follow.

patchiswelsh
08-12-2002, 01:48 PM
cheers bradon

DarthBrandon
08-12-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by patchiswelsh
cheers bradon

Update, Here is the pic you requested:

You can see her some what clearly with lightsaber in hand.

patchiswelsh
08-12-2002, 02:08 PM
ahhh that has made me relax
cool thanks for taking your time to do that brandon
can't wait for her figure to come out
looks awsome

patchiswelsh
08-12-2002, 02:13 PM
now brandon can you see that bit in the actual movie
is she seen in it???

DarthBrandon
08-12-2002, 02:30 PM
If you watch close enough, you can see her if your looking.

Here's another pic, just a head shot.

patchiswelsh
08-13-2002, 03:31 AM
how do you pronounce here name phoneticly????

Geonosian
08-13-2002, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by pthfnder89

Luninara did NOT survive unfortunately. You can see her getting into the Republic Gunship that is destroyed in the air, along with Shaak Ti, Sassae Tiin and Eeth Koth, among others. Did Sassae and Eeth die!?!?
I know Coleman Dies.

patchiswelsh
08-13-2002, 04:39 AM
they did survive as brandon said the gunship that was blown up did not have anyone onboard
and aayla was on the same ship as luminara and shaak and she survived

DarthSetnom
08-14-2002, 01:08 PM
Again this is one of the "we'll have to wait and see" topics... And we moght never hear from them again after all they might have died or die later between Ep2 and 3

DarthBrandon
08-14-2002, 01:17 PM
None of us will ever know untill Episode III, Who survived the battle of Geonosis. I can say this Luminara, Kit, Shak-Ti, Plo, Eeth, Ki-Adi Mundi, Saesee, Yoda, Mace, Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Aayla all survive the arena battle. None of them get killed in a gunship like some have suggested. There was three to four gunships that land to rescue the remaining Jedi, in the next sequence you see eight gunships, then a couple of them land, next we see Mace's ship that has Yoda, Kit and Ki-Adi Mundi as well and also we see a gunship blow up in the background. There are no lightsabers on that ship and I can say this with confidence, cause I am watching a burned copy that a buddy lent me to review this. I also saw it at the theatre four times as well. Finally we see Aayla and Kit running on the battlefield and lot of other lightsabers in the background as well, so if all these Jedi died on the gunship, who are the guys on the battlefield ? We will however find out in Episode III who survived the entire battle.

There is an existing thread about this right now, here is the link.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8246&highlight=Jedi+that+survived

patchiswelsh
08-18-2002, 12:55 PM
Hey did barriss offee survive and get into a gunship in arena???? and who is pulling shaak luminara etc into their gunship???

Tycho
08-18-2002, 03:30 PM
Someone with 2 arms.

Master Goeweins
08-19-2002, 09:55 AM
I looked for Barriss when the Jedi were surrounded at the end of the Arena battle. I couldn't see her, though you can see Luminara. I also never saw her board the gunships. This dosn't mean anything, but it does cause concern. Of course, just because they didn't get on a gunship, doesn't mean they didn't get out. Couldn't some of them gone out through the tunnels during the battle to stop fleeing enemies, before the arena got overly flooded?

SplFrcsCWO
11-20-2002, 07:07 PM
How many Jedi out of the 200 survived? What "main characters" made it? Ki-Adi points out a gunship blowing-up that looked like it had several Jedi onboard. I paused the rescue scene and saw Saesee Tiin, Luminara Unduli, Shakk Ti, Eeth Koth, and Adi Gallia board the same ship. Was their ship destroyed?
TIA

Jedi Clint
11-20-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by SplFrcsCWO
How many Jedi out of the 200 survived? What "main characters" made it? Ki-Adi points out a gunship blowing-up that looked like it had several Jedi onboard. I paused the rescue scene and saw Saesee Tiin, Luminara Unduli, Shakk Ti, Eeth Koth, and Adi Gallia board the same ship. Was their ship destroyed?
TIA

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10012

SplFrcsCWO
11-21-2002, 01:11 AM
That thread was from a few months ago. I didn't know a new thread since the DVD release was verboten.

darthulosenow
11-21-2002, 04:00 AM
yes i wonder how many jedi died when that gunship exploded i hope that it wasnt any jedi in that one ?????????????????????????

RooJay
11-21-2002, 06:11 AM
My brother and I scrutinized the scene with the exploding gunship yesterday. On a thirty seven inch screen with a DVD player that has a zoom feature it is impossible to make out any of the figures decisively. From the aparent body language of all figures onboard before the explosion, we came to the conclusion that all were aparently Clone troopers. How anybody was able to discern that any of the passengers were definitely Jedi is beyond me and the capabilities of the technology I have on hand. How and why anybody would've just assumed any of the passengers were definitely Jedi is a mystery to me, and certainly was not the impression I got from that scene the first time I saw it. There is nothing even to indicate that there were any Jedi aboard based on the reactions of Obi-Wan, Anakin, Mace, and Yoda. Even looking at it statistically, there's a far greater chance that the ship was full of clones.

Master Plo- Koon
12-24-2002, 12:12 PM
Well I would like to say almost all of the jedi in the final circle of survivors lived. Including I have comprensive proof off the DVD widescreen version. before it shows Saesee tiin and the others being brought in the gunship, a few frames before you can see Plo Koon running towards the ship with Shaak, Sae See, and Luminara, he is running, and before the seen transitions you can see plo koon, being lifted up. I was very happy to know that he did survive the arena Battle. And hopefully will be in Ep 3.

-Master Plo- Koon

187-Maul
12-25-2002, 03:15 PM
but why are all but yoda's chairs removed from the jedi council room? I first thought that meant that all died that were in the council, but Mace is still there but his chair isn't (at least I think), so that again proves that that's not the reason
thoughts?

Master Plo- Koon
12-25-2002, 09:38 PM
They may be out still fighting in the Clone Wars, the different battles. Or maybe it was finally time to get the council room cleaned out. But I doubt it was necassarily that they all died besides yoda and Mace.

-Master Plo- Koon

mini-rock
12-25-2002, 09:39 PM
I had wondered that for a while also, but thought that maybe the rest of the Council are off with the Clonetroopers leaving Coruscant. Flying beside the Clone transports in their Jedi Starfighters heading to war.

edit - MPK beat me to it. Great minds:D.

THE Slayer
01-10-2003, 02:39 PM
Or could have been different room? From what you see of the room, yes it looks like the coucil room, but that doesnt mean it was. It was the room directly below the coucil chamber.