PDA

View Full Version : Cameo pros and cons

Sith Worm
05-16-2002, 04:57 AM
Man how many shots of George's daughter was there 3 or 4 and no boy bands today ,or that I sall...

2-1B
05-16-2002, 05:00 AM
Well, they couldn't have been more obvious! :D

I must say that I enjoyed the mugging by Anthony Daniels and Ahmed Best. The quick turns around were pretty neat.
Lucas' kids - George's daughter took a long glance at Anakin, and his son was the little padawan who needed help from Jocasta Nu.

I'll say they were nicely done shots all around, I don't think I would have noticed them if I went in without that info. :)

I haven't forgotten McCallum, he just eludes our detection . . . :stupid:

BanthaPoodoo
05-16-2002, 01:07 PM
Have to see again, but TFN reports this one:

Episode II Cameo: Is That Lucas?
Thu, May 16, 02 09:43:45 AM EDT

Many readers this morning have suggested that the man behind Star Wars appears in the film. There's a scene in the senate chambers and if you look towards the top of the screen in one of the pods, there is a gray-haired man who sure looks like our man George Lucas.Episode II Cameo: Is That Lucas?
Thu, May 16, 02 09:43:45 AM EDT

Many readers this morning have suggested that the man behind Star Wars appears in the film. There's a scene in the senate chambers and if you look towards the top of the screen in one of the pods, there is a gray-haired man who sure looks like our man George Lucas.

evenflow
05-16-2002, 01:10 PM
I caught the previous ones mentioned, but not George himself.

jawaboy
05-16-2002, 02:23 PM
Georgie deserves to be in his own film.

master jedi
05-16-2002, 10:03 PM
I can't believe how much screentime she had. Plus she basically had flashing neon arrows pointing right at her. She probably had more screen time than Zam Wesell. What the heck is George thinking?

JediTricks
05-16-2002, 11:50 PM
I didn't notice either Lucas kid, but that has more to do with the fact that I can never remember what any of them look like.

QLD
05-16-2002, 11:51 PM
Yes, I am proud that I don't know what his kids look like. Though if his daughter is hot.....maybe I am interested.

2-1B
05-17-2002, 04:48 AM
Were it not for the A & E Lucas Biography, I wouldn't have known either. On that show they revealed each of them, Jett running up stairs in a (cut?) scene, and his daughter (sorry, don't know her name) as a purple Twi' Lek. :)

JediTricks
05-18-2002, 03:29 PM
I watched that biography and STILL don't remember what they look like. :D

Jargo
05-18-2002, 07:53 PM
I wouldn't say his daughter is hot. Rather, lukewarm to tepid. :evil:

So, is it a good movie, should I go and see it? Any nudity......? :rolleyes:

DarthMaulSithLord
05-18-2002, 08:11 PM
Well, you do see Natalie's bellybutton!

PS: anyone have pics of where they can be seen? The cameo-ers i mean?

:D

derek
05-18-2002, 08:21 PM
one would classify george's daughter as hot if they think rosie o'donnel is hot...:p

i think she should of played the young version of jabba's fat lady dancer.:crazed:

and i'm pretty sure it's lucas in the senate, at least the back of his head.:)

2-1B
05-19-2002, 03:22 AM
and i'm pretty sure it's lucas in the senate, at least the back of his head.

Wow, I caught that too and think it is a distinct possibility.
I can't say for certain, but if it's legit I will not be surprised at all.

Eternal Padawan
05-20-2002, 12:09 PM
I think it's rude to make fun of somebody because of their weight. She had the courage to dress in a skintight costume to be seen by billions of movie goers.

The cameos are pro for me. The average movie goer has no clue who these people are and it's fun to watch the movie over and over to see new stuff each time. It's also nice for guys like Ahmed and Anthony to be in the movie without costumes even for a moment. Where are Peter Mayhew, David Prowse, and Kenny Bakers cameos George?

I think Ricky's arms were used for Wat Tambor when he adjusts his "settings"

2-1B
05-20-2002, 12:59 PM
I liked Ahmed in there more than Anthony, only because it felt like I got a better glimpse of Ahmed. I saw him next to George's daughter when Anakin walks by, AND when he mugs for the camera after Zam's misfortune. With Daniels, I glimpsed the back of his head once and then his reaction as well. But maybe he is seen a bit more, I could have missed it.

The fact that they gave the two of them "names" right away gives me hope for a figure or two! :D