PDA

View Full Version : Rank the Jedi / Sith

Runobot
05-16-2002, 08:21 AM
Well, after last night I have to say there are some powerful Force wielders in the saga! Let’s try to rank them from the least powerful to the most …

10) Anakin – AOTC, damn, he was a wimp!! Very powerful, but too irrational and impulsive.

9) Luke Skywalker ROTJ

8) Qui-Gon – Possibly more powerful than this ranking, but he did get wasted by…

7) Darth Maul – Man, c’mon, he kicked some major butt, and he was very close to being # 6.

6) Obi-Wan – Well, he finished Darth Maul, even though he was basically beaten by him.

5) Mace Windu – He was very impressive.

Now, the big boys…

4) Count Dooku – Yoda’s apprentice. He dispatched Anakin and Obi-wan in a second and even held his own against Yoda.

3) Yoda – this was a tough one, after seeing that battle I give him a slight edge over Dooku.

2) The Emperor – We really have not seen him in action, but he must have been pretty damn powerful to accomplish what he did, no?

1) Darth Vader ROTJ - well he withstood the Emperor’s attack for long enough to destroy him, and based on how powerful Dooku’s attack was last night, I would say that was no small feat.

Runobot
05-16-2002, 01:49 PM
Well, noone has an opinion on this? I thought this was a good topic. :(

Maybe not enough people have seen it yet.

evenflow
05-16-2002, 01:50 PM
10. Anakin

9. Darth Maul

8. Mace Windu

7. Qui-Gon

6. Obi-Wan

5. Count Dooku

4. Vader

3. Emperor

2. Luke

1. Yoda

(eventually if you follow EU, Luke bascially becomes a god, so he is #1)

CrossWizard
05-16-2002, 01:57 PM
2) The Emperor – We really have not seen him in action, but he must have been pretty damn powerful to accomplish what he did, no?

I disagree, intelligent? yes, sneaky? for sure, but damn powerful? I dont think so. Palpatine's power is in his ability to manipulate people and hide like a coward. In other words he took advange of other people's mistakes and blind ambitions.

jawaboy
05-16-2002, 02:05 PM
I think Yoda will be defeated by Palpy in Ep III. Why else would he say "don't underestimate the powers of the Emperor?" Sounds like he found out the hard way that the Palpy is pretty good.

Runobot
05-16-2002, 02:46 PM
Crosswiz: Sure, the emperor is purely speculation. I just assume he is super powerful or else Dooku would wind up running the show instead of him.

Even: How can you put Qui-gon so far ahead of Maul when Maul whipped him bad in a straight up fight? Also, lets just keep this argument focused on the movies. It is MUCH simpler. Then where would you rank Luke?

Darth-AWT
05-16-2002, 06:58 PM
I will compile a list on this, but for now I just wanted to mention, Anakin/Vader in Ep3 will probably turn out to be the biggest BA of them all !

Taichi
05-16-2002, 07:07 PM
10. Darth Maul (Acrobatic Chump)

9. Luke (GED Jedi, he would've never been able to beat an OR Jedi)

8. Anakin (On his way, but still much to learn)

7. Qui-Gon (Good, but apparently not good enough)

6. Obi-Wan (Almost at his peak)

5. Count Dooku (Good, but he doesn't 'fence' like he was s'posed to)

4. Vader (Impressive, Most Impressive)

3. Mace Windu (One bad Mutha)

2. Emperor (Good, but not as good as.....)

1. Yoda (Crazy flippin Muppet Action!)

DeadEye
05-16-2002, 07:52 PM
#1 should be John Rassick! ;)

Runobot
05-16-2002, 08:08 PM
Well, isn't it true that the midichloreans are what give individuals strength in the force? And isn't it also true that Vader has the highest counts by far? If so then you must agree that Vader is the most powerful.

Taichi, How can you put Mace above Vader and Dooku? Mace did not show that much power compared to them. Also, Dooku held his own against the flipping muppet, so how can you have Yoda ranked so much higher than him?

Freedom
05-16-2002, 09:58 PM
This all depends on how we're ranking them, force skills, saber skills, midechlorian count, and who was at their peak when.

10) Luke - He only faught Vader and Vader never wanted to kill Luke and Vader wasn't at his peak either.
9) Anakin - At this point he acts without thinking. I feel he will advance in this ranking after EIII.
8) Qui-Gon
7) Darth Maul - Very skillful, yet very cocky
6) Obi-Wan - I think he showed his skills much better in EI.
5) Mace
4) Dooku
3) Emporer - Not really sure what his fighting abilities are except Force lighning
2) Yoda at his peak - could span several hundred years
1) Vader at his peak - thinking end of EIII

aikman
05-17-2002, 09:38 AM
ranked by popularity

10. Emperor -powerful but kinda lame , what does he have force dentures

9. Qui-Gon -likeable but didnt have the sword skills

8. Mace Windu- kewl but not as bad as he should have been

7.Count Dooku -cool but unspectacular

6. Anakin -will be really cool next flick, a little too impulsive

5. Obi-Wan -moved up rankings big time with the new movie

4. Luke -gotta pull for the guy with little training

3.Darth Maul -wish he wasnt dead, why didnt they clone him

2. Vader -nuff said

1. Yoda -talk about a bad mofo

El Chuxter
05-17-2002, 01:21 PM
Aww, Kit Fisto could out-grin 'em all. :D

maulrat22
05-30-2002, 02:09 PM
So who was the greatest Jedi in the Star Wars galaxy. Anakin was awesome and had great potential but fell into the dark side. In my opinion, Luke maybe very close becasue he became very powerful in rotj unlike anh when he whinned like a little *****. After seeing rotj last night i think in the end luke would be the better jedi because he wouldnt give into the dark side. So what does everybody else think? Oh yeah dont forget about yoda and obi-wan. I guess yoda would be the top dog but i still wanna seem him kick more butt.

Jonna
05-30-2002, 02:16 PM
After seeing AOTC, I would have to say Yoda not only because of his fighting ability, but also because he is the only one I have seen using lightning or using the force to move very heavy objects.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-30-2002, 02:39 PM
I don't think Yoda really uses the lightning. He's just rebounding it back to Dookieman.

I think if Luke had the right Jedi training at the early age (or maybe even Ani for that matter) I think he would definitely be the best. He beat the chosen one without succumbing to the Dark Side. Plus look at all the kickin' moves he could do with only that little bit of training on Dagobah. The rest he just picked up on his own. Even making his own lightsaber without further help.

Yeah, Luke would definitely whip some good tail.

darthvyn
05-30-2002, 04:59 PM
first off, you can't rank them together, because using the "quicker, easier, more seductive" side of the force gives the sith an unfair advantage... dirty fighting.

6. anakin (not his prime yet, impulsiveness against dooku, needed two lightsabers to defend against him)
5. qui-gon (had to take on maul alone, cause of random energy doors)
4. obi-wan (killed maul, held his own against jango and dooku)
3. mace (killed jango, said "this party's over")
2. luke (knew not to fight in ROJ, because even if he won, he lost)
1. yoda (duh!)

4. palpatine (no saber, just lightning)
3. maul (puts on a good show, and killed qui-gon, but all the twirly wirly poodoo does is put your back to the enemy too much)
2. vader (in ep III he will kill many jedi, possibly dooku? if so, then he's #1)
1. dooku (dispatched two jedi with deft, economical movements, held his own against yoda)

Darkross
05-30-2002, 05:40 PM
Hold the phone folks!

1. Darth Vader (Powerful enough to survive force lightning and molten lava pit...no easy feat!)
2. Yoda
3. Emperor
4. Darth Tyrannus
5. Obi Wan
6. Mace Windu (So cool with the purple lightsaber!)
7. Luke Skywalker (Jumped to #1 after ROTJ)
8. Qui Gon (Fell for the oldest trick in the book...what's on your shirt? trick)
9. Darth Maul (Maul was lucky on Qui Gon!)
10. Anakin

jjreason
05-31-2002, 02:41 AM
Ranking Ani and Darth Vader is redundant. Obviously Vader has mature force-wielding abilities that outdo his former self. The rankings don't include Yoda as a Padawan and Yoda the Master. Vader had an incredibly well rounded ability to use the force - able to sense Luke pretty much everywhere, able to withstand the Emperor's wrath, able to toss ****ant Luke around in ESB like the proverbial unwanted stepchild. Vader it is. The Emperor's greatest ability was his "people skills", the ability to manipulate and undermine without having to throw down. He Always had a stud for that sort of thing (Maul, Dooku, Vader). This doesn't mean to say that Palpatine was a tosser in a fight, he whipped some *** at the end of ROJ. No knockout power, though.
Yoda, again well rounded and probably the best at "sensing" things through the force.
Luke had great abilitlies like these and had little training. Big up-side on Luke for sure.
Rankings:

1. Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. He did bring balance.

2. Luke. So much potential...Learned so much so quickly under Yoda that he was able to defeat Vader and withstand the Emperor after only what, three years of organized training? Like, whoa. When you think about it....whoa.

3. Yoda. Pretty much tied for second. You don't lead thousands of Jedi on reputation alone.

4. Palpatine. Many different abilities than the first two, but his accomplishments were extraordinary.

5. The rest. Some great Jedi here but do we really know enough to rank them? Maul beat QuiGon and Obi beat Maul. I still think Qui Gon was the strongest force wise - he showed a great knowledge of his job and a comfort with knowledge of the force hasn't been displayed by many other characters in such a developed way. Maybe Old Ben would fit that bill.
Wow, I guess I had a lot to say. Sorry. Neat topic.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-01-2002, 01:10 PM
The Sith . . .
4. Darth Maul - He kind of sucked, but someone had to be #4. :D
3. Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus - Very in-tune with the Force.
2. Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious - Creepy and sneaky, just like a good Sith should be.
1. Darth Vader - THE best.

The Jedi . . .
10. Aayla Secura - I think she was only a Padawan, but a great one.
9. Jocasta Nu - Don't ask why, I don't know.
8. Plo Koon - Member of the Council, skilled swordsman, and all-around cool guy.
7. Ki-Adi-Mundi - Co-co-leader of the council, and survived the arena.
6. Qui-Gon Jinn - A great man, but not a great lightsaber-on-lightsaber kind of guy.
5. Anakin Skywalker - Very strong, very good with a lightsaber. He has the highest midi-chlorian count of all time, and was gonna be the chosen one . . . but we all know where that ends up. :evil:
4. Luke Skywalker - Impressive, most impressive, but not good enough to defeat the Empire earlier. But hey, he defeated the Empire and blew up the Death Star, that's pretty good - for a farmboy. :crazed:
3. Mace Windu - Co-leader of the Jedi Council and head chopper extraordanaire.
2. Obi-Wan Kenobi - Destroyed a Sith and outlived his master, and went on to be second-best only to Yoda.
1. Yoda - The greatest warrior of all time, and incredibly in touch with the Force, and not to mention very wise. Has a sense of humor, too. :D

saladin
06-02-2002, 01:20 AM
ok here's my view

10. qui gon- Lets face it he was an idiot
9. Plo-he is just awsome
8.luke- Vader let him win
7.Maul- Great skills but cut down in his prime
6.dooku-really good but not great
5.obi wan-Killed maul but lost to evry one else
4.Mace-Hasn't done that much yet
3.Palpy-killed by his own master
2.Vader/Anakin-the greatest of both worlds
1.YODA- the greats one ever

Snake
06-02-2002, 02:08 AM
This is what I think

8) Qui Gonn :Decent
7) Mace: ends up dying
6) Dooku: Good put a replacement
5) Vader: Ends up killing all the Jedi and brings balance
but being forced to fight early hurts his body.
4) Yoda: Spectacular but small
3) Maul: Must have studied for years and first sith to show himself
for a reason and if he listened to Sidious and waited
for them it would have been different.
2) Obi: Lives through almost all of it and didn't lose to Vader in
ANH he holds his sword up and lets the others
escape.
1) Emperor: All the powerful Sith lords listen to him for a reason.

187-Maul
06-02-2002, 08:50 AM
yoda on number one but maybe anakin will top him in E3
yoda could easily kick vaders (not E3 anakins) butt if he wouldn't have been that old in the OT

chewie
06-02-2002, 03:38 PM
Grrrrr! Fooey on Yoda I say! He has a one-up on other force users simply because he managed to live 12 and a half times longer than the average life span of human force users. What a cheater! After all, if you can't fully master the force in 900 years time, what good are ya? :)

scruffziller
06-04-2002, 01:18 PM
Sith - here it goes!
1.DARTH MAUL
2. Darth Vader
3. Sidious/Palpy
4. Dooku

I rank them in order of likable gimmick. Dooku had really no gimmick. Maul Had the tattoos and Vader had the scary helmet.