PDA

View Full Version : Surprises in AOTC

Bosskman
05-16-2002, 09:38 AM
I don't know about you guys but here's what surprised me about AOTC:

Blue Clonetrooper is IN the final cut. (On Kamino getting the helmets)

Nemoidian shuttle that we only saw part of in TPM is in the movie too (what Nute and Gilramos escape Geonosis in)

Orn Free Taa is hardly in it at all.

Shots of coruscant look exactly like old McQuarrie paintings (Especially the one of the run-down section)

A LOT of music was from TPM, Yoda's theme when he's lifting the crane.

Massifs in the tusken camp but no banthas (that I could see)

Poggle's voice and AsK Aak's voice (wierd)

The scene where the guard tell Corde they're ready to land.

The scenes with Padme and the Clones and Yoda and the clones.

How incredibly HOT Padme looks in that pilot suit.

How incredibly HOT Padme looks in just about everything else.

How at time Anakin is JUST like Vader, JUST like how he was in TPM, and JUST like Luke!!!!!!

How Ewan McGreggor WAS EXACTLY like Alec Guiness in some many scenes. (the elevator scene blew me away)

I can't remember anythiong else just yet but this movie was awesome, the best SW movie EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toad
05-16-2002, 09:45 AM
Who is Poggle and Ask Aak? :(

It was a great movie -- very exciting indeed. (As was Padme -- she looks good).

Which elevator scene with Obi-Wan?

My favorite parts:

Yoda (even though I chuckled)
C-3PO's joking around
Anakin/Padme being led into the arena, kissing. Pretty good moment.
Any "fun" dialogue between Obi-Wan and Anakin. (I did not like the dialogue when Anakin was being chastized)
The Jango Fett/Obi-Wan fight.
Padme in that black S&M outfit by the fireplace. WOW!

MANY MANY OTHERS

Darth Nihilus
05-16-2002, 09:46 AM
The whole movie surprised me, I never expected to love it as much as I did.

Poggle is the Geonosian leader, the only one with lines.

Aks Aak (sp) is the Malastairian (sp) senator who declares that action must be taken (I can't recall his exact line) when Obi-Wan's message is relayed to Coruscant.

The elevator scene is the humourous banter exchanged between Ben and Anakin about the Gundarks.

Bosskman
05-16-2002, 10:20 AM
Here's some more stuff I just remembered:

The Hologram of the Battle Field in the Geonosian Command centre.

The completed and utter coolness of the night shots of the Federation ships on Geonosis.

Mace cutting of part of the Reek's horn.

Those huge republic walking cannon things that brought the federation core ship down.

The sonic boom of Slave I's bombs.

Dar' Argol
05-16-2002, 12:19 PM
I was really surprised to find out that Boba Fett is an unaltered clone of Jango.

How when Slave-1 comes out of hyperspace and the BOOM hits you right in the chest.

C-3PO seems a little more sure of himself in this movie. Plus his wise cracking was hilarious! "I'm beside myself!" LOL

The speed of Yoda! I know ppl have complained about this fight. You know, a muppet vs an 80yr old man. But its right. We all judge Yoda by his size. Why then could he not surprise us and be a real BA!!!!

I really liked Dooku as a bad guy! I wasn't sure how they were going to pull off an ex-Jedi as a bad guy but it worked. Lee has the manipulation down just right. I hope he comes back in EIII.

The fact that the Jedi are loosing touch with the Force. That explains why they never sensed Palpy's dark side at Qui-Gon's funeral. Not that he was a clone of Sidious, I always hated that explination. Seemed a little too cheesy. It also explains a little better the "chosen one" and how he will bring "balance" to the Force. I kinda went "ooohhhhhhh!!!!" in the theater then:eek:.

SQueek
05-16-2002, 12:53 PM
i had no idea the clones were the good guys! and i loved everything, especially padmes ever falling apart small white shirt

jawaboy
05-16-2002, 01:02 PM
I loved this movie. Quite different than what I expected. Hayden did a wonderful job playing Anakin. I really believe now that Ani and Obi were good friends but there was a schism of trust between them. Ani seems so conflicted and he did such a wonderful job with it!

I think the movie was definatley better than ANH, ROTJ, and TPM. I think it'll take me a few more times to watch it to surpass ESB.

I don't know where the critics get off saying the acting was bad and the story was bad. I thought it was great. Only Portatoman could have used help this time. JarJar was so bareable this time and actually added to the storyline.

I just love battle at the end with Yoda in charge. Awesome. Speeder chase. Awesome. I think my favorite part is Boba's evil laughs when they are about to kill someone. Two thumbs up from jawaboy!

evenflow
05-16-2002, 01:06 PM
I didnt see the clones fighting on the side of th Jedi coming, never thoguht that was going to happen.

Taichi
05-16-2002, 02:06 PM
Well, the jedi woulda been way outnumbered if they hadda destroy a clone army AND a droid army....

imagine what went through Boba's mind (And I hate Boba, btw) as he watched his dad's genetic duplicates helping the very people who killed his dad......

or for that matter, it raises the question of what went through Vader's mind, as he saw his son shocked with Force Lightning, knowing exactly what it felt like, himself!

Bosskman
05-16-2002, 02:55 PM
I just saw the movie again and here's some more cool stuff I forgot to post:

That droid that pilots Dooku's ship

The gungan seen in the square in Theed

The Howard the Duck Jedi is in the movie twice, in the Jedi Temple AND in the arena

Palpy's lines about how much it would hurt him if Padme was hurt and how he loved democracy and the republic - you can really see the insincerity but none other the other characters can SWEET!!

The scene with Sidious is reminiscent of the Emperor's arrival in Jedi, and the scene with Palpy and Anakin sent shivers up and down my spine

Anakin telling Padme about him killing the Tuskens at the camp.

I still saw no massifs on Geonosis, only in the Tusken Camp.

The way the Kaminoans walk, the fact that they have teeth, and Taun We's clothes swooshing when her and Obi Wan leave Jango's apartment. The CG is so real it's unbelievable!!

BanthaPoodoo
05-16-2002, 03:07 PM
I also liked the droid on the cargo ship "We dont serve droids here" I busted out laughin cause the thing serving everyone was a droid, & it reminded me of Wuher!!!!!

mylow thehutt
05-16-2002, 03:16 PM
That one of the jedi that yoda was training was a littel Shakk-ti

That C-3po was a littel more flexable.

every time Anakin got that look on his face that evile smile. Padma would look like she was nervous to be around him.

how ploo koon disapperd and it was like kit fisto took his place,at the side of Mundi

You finally got to see Oppo Ransis's taile.

not onley did shack-ti replace yaddel on the councle she also had Yaddel's place in the libarry sence.

that nut gungray sounded like Mo-jo-jo-jo from power puff girls

and one of the nemoidian that dided in ep1 was in the night club.

and Obi-wan had a beard

mylow thehutt
05-16-2002, 03:18 PM
and i saw R5-D4!!!!

hango fett
05-16-2002, 03:25 PM
padme' is always HOT! i don't care if she was wearing what corde' was wearing after the explosion, she is still the most beatiful girl in star wars. anikan is one hell of a lucky guy! (pardon my french!)

BanthaPoodoo
05-16-2002, 04:23 PM
***edited***

mylow thehutt
05-16-2002, 04:23 PM
em...em..em not that i care.:D :D :D

to bad he was not on Kamino.:eek: :eek:

browndroid
05-16-2002, 04:35 PM
just got back, the movie rocked! loved the yoda scene, i must agree, padme...man....

Lord Tenebrous
05-16-2002, 04:49 PM
One other surprise that goes against all previous material:

Toonbuck Toora was with Palpatine and co. at the end.

It looks like she was replaced with a canine-looking thing during the Separatist meeting.

subMERGE
05-16-2002, 05:03 PM
What role does Luminara play in the movie? (big or small, and details!!!!)

Fulit
05-16-2002, 05:22 PM
The seismic charges Jango deployed out of the Slave 1 had the most awesome sound effect. A moment of eerie silence, then "BOOOOOOOM"! I loved that.

hango fett
05-16-2002, 06:13 PM
i'm right with you taichi! when i saw that scene where they were on the ship, i just stared at her and didn't even care about anikan. :D i don't even think they know the meaning of a bra in star wars! leia didn't wear one that i could notice, padme' didn't....like mother like daughter!

mylow thehutt
05-16-2002, 06:41 PM
YEAH BABY :D :D :D

Battle Droid
05-16-2002, 06:56 PM
OOM-9 & the Pilot Battle droids were a real BIG surprise for me, i didn't expect them to be in the film at all.

It was also cool that OOM-9 was redish like the other BD's but still was ranked by the yellow coloring.

There was also another Neimodian on Geonosis besides Gunray and the Deep Voiced Neim, it was in either Dooku's Speeder Hanger or Nute's Landing Ship Hanger. I forget which.

mylow thehutt
05-16-2002, 06:57 PM
:happy: MMM your right a real man act like a real man,:happy: :happy: :stupid: :D SWEET

JediIan
05-16-2002, 09:23 PM
btw, anyone have a screencap of any of this?

yukface27
05-16-2002, 09:37 PM
I forged a "I have to go to the doctors" note today, just so I could see this film. And it was totally worth it. I'm so glad I avoided as many spoilers on this film as I could. Things that I was surprised by or enjoyed:

Yoda throughout the film. I was bummed at first when he was going to be all digital, but his fight with Dooku was out of this world.

The Obi-Wan vs. Jango Fett fight was very cool. When Kenobi was dropping those mean kicks on Jango's chest, I was filled with "school boy-ish" delight.

The Jedi's doing what they've been trained to do, kick arse. I think Mace is awesome and I love the look of Plo Kloon. I wanted to see more of Saesee Tinn though.

I enjoyed the speeder chase through Coruscant, but it was a little overly done (some of the crap Anakin was pulling was a tad bit outlandish). I wish Zam would've been around a little longer too.

When Anakin found is mom, I thought her whole dying scene was lame, but I thought the look of the Tusken camp was cool (the Jawa camp before that scene was neat also). I wish we could've scene a little more of the camp before Annie went postal.

I couldn't get over Dooku's lightsaber either. A curved hilt? How cool is that?

Right now, that's what I got to say. I absolutley have to see it again and again. One question though. Who and what was that tin looking thing that was discussing with Dooku about joining his force's with eveyone else's?

GroundskeeperWillie
05-16-2002, 09:47 PM
[i]One question though. Who and what was that tin looking thing that was discussing with Dooku about joining his force's with eveyone else's? [/B]

That thing was bizarre--why was he turning his knobs? Reception was fine til he started screwing with it!! LOL!!

I'm showing my age here, but was anyone else here reminded of 'Box' from Logan's Run?

"Fish, Plankton and Protien from the Sea!!"

Beast
05-16-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by yukface27
Who and what was that tin looking thing that was discussing with Dooku about joining his force's with eveyone else's?
That's Wat Tambor, leader of the Technocrats Union (or somthing like that). Just another one of the Sepratists. He's rumored to be getting an action figure this year. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
05-16-2002, 09:50 PM
did anyone else think it was cool to actuallysee the beginning of the deathstar, that was unbelieable, i loved it, my all time fav seen, was anakin charging out of the the tuskan camp, chopping off one guys head, doing a spin and decapitating the other, i really loved that. the ackaly was very cool too.

SQueek
05-16-2002, 09:57 PM
before i read through all the post im going to say this even thought it might have been said already

i dont want to sell you death sticks, im going to go home and re-think my life

Hellzer
05-16-2002, 10:19 PM
Seeing the Tusken Raiders getting their heads lopped off with such ease was quite a sight, and I was also surprised that Anakin actually told Padme about what he had done. I thought for sure that secret was staying with him alone.

The part I loved the most though was KIT FISTO and the s**t-eating grin on his face in the arena, after he forced pushed C3P0 down and then toppled a super battledroid on top of him. Leave it to Kit to find humor in even the most perilous situations.

Battle Droid
05-16-2002, 10:37 PM
Anyone notice one of the Tusken Raider Guards Sleeping standing up?

I thought it was funny since he was surpose to be guarding and not sleeping.

Dar' Argol
05-16-2002, 11:22 PM
Ok guys, we need to rein in this body part talk, else this thread gets closed. For all intent and purposes that point is closed, understand?

JediTricks
05-17-2002, 01:04 AM
I've edited out references to this issue, it is too blatant and crass, and thus could get this "all ages" site into real trouble.

I've reopened this thread, and please keep it clean or it may have to be deleted.

Dar' Argol
05-17-2002, 08:50 PM
Thanx JT, that's how I felt too:D. Unfortunatly I am not a "Super Moderator":p. . . . . . . . . . . . . .jk:D

yukface27
05-17-2002, 09:25 PM
More additions to what I thought was cool or surprised me in EPII:

The sound that came from Jangos seismic charge's. By far one of the coolest sound effects in the history of Star Wars (lightsaber sound fx's are still numero uno).

The hyperdrive "add-on" for Obi's Jedi Starfighter. I mean, it looked a little clunky, but it's still a really cool idea (unless he looses it).

The beast that was attacking Padme in the arena battle. Someone mentioned it's name early in the posts, but I forgot. The Acklay and the other beast (which I forgot it's name) were very cool, but that little rat/siberian tiger/God know's what, what so awesome.

The species that the cloner's are. I first saw one in EPI on the Jedi Council and I thought he looked cool, but when I finally saw one up and walking, my jaw dropped. I'm, without a doubt, getting the Taun We figure.

The fact that the one member on the Jedi Council with the massive amount of facial hair (his name slips my mind right now) had a fricking tail. Who'd a thunk it?

R2 bumping 3P0 off onto the conveior belts. It just amuses me how much R2 owns 3P0's butt.

How they shot the scenes on the Republic Gunships (that's the name, right?). The camera was all shakey and they did those very cool zoom-ins. It felt like something from "Saving Private Ryan." Kudos to them.

When Yoda was in total control over the fight with Dooku, of course. But, the one thing I really enjoyed, was how Yoda would take Dooku's force lightning, and either deflect it or absorb.

Ok, that's about it for right now.

chewie
05-17-2002, 09:31 PM
I was mostly surprised from the spoilers I had read that got cut from the movie. That and the brevity of the Jango vs. Mace fight. The stuff I read made the scene seem like it played out over several minutes, but it was over in just a few seconds.

Why in the world did Jango even bother to go out there and get killed anyway? If he woulda stayed where he was with Dooku, he would have gone on to epIII. Thats the writing for ya...

Obi-Wan goin' ape-poopy on the acklay after he got another saber was a shock as well. Poor little acklay.

Oh, and the voices for Poggle and that yak face senator jarred me as well.

Battle Droid
05-17-2002, 09:40 PM
The species that the cloner's are. I first saw one in EPI on the Jedi Council and I thought he looked cool, but when I finally saw one up and walking, my jaw dropped. I'm, without a doubt, getting the Taun We figure.

Yarael Poof isn't / wasn't a Kaminoan.

darth chuck
05-18-2002, 02:09 AM
The biggest surprise for me was the death star plans scene.

Another memorable surprise was how few Jedi there seems to be. Yoda tells Mace to take 'the rest of the Jedi" which turns out to be just a few dozen.

Beast
05-18-2002, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by darth chuck
Another memorable surprise was how few Jedi there seems to be. Yoda tells Mace to take 'the rest of the Jedi" which turns out to be just a few dozen.
There are 9000+ Jedi spread throught the Galaxy on assignments. There are only about 200 that are at the temple for special missions. Mace grabbed as many of those 200 that he could, and headed for Geonosis. There were many more then a few dozen there. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
05-18-2002, 07:04 AM
I loved everything in the movie except the droidfactory scene
I mean it's cool and everything but the c-3po headchanging thing and anakins arm getting stuck in that metal thing is pretty strange and unrealistic
it surprised me to about the scenes that didn't make it too the movie like dooku with 2 lightsabers: didn't he use it or didn't I see it? cause yesterday evening I saw a episode 2 special on tv with a bit "making of" scenes and you saw dooku with a red and a green lightsaber training/learning his moves and the figure also has two lightsabers too so...
and the qui-gon hologram, I heard so much about it and din't see it anywhere
and where were the palpatine royal guards? were they in the background or what?
the kit fisto smile wasn't that good IMO and looked pretty dumb/fake
cristopher lee, hayden christensen (and of course yoda:D ) did their acting PERFECT, the dark side in anakin came over perfect and the dark lord feeling was perfect for dooku, I didn't think this would happen but I kinda like dooku more now than darth maul, although that could change again after I see some fighting of maul again
to sum up, I LOVED the movie and will probably see it again soon (didn't see TPM multiple times in the cinema) but this time I think I'll watch it again, that yoda/dooku fight is just too cool to pass on seeing it again on big screen

GroundskeeperWillie
05-18-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
I loved everything in the movie except the droidfactory scene
I mean it's cool and everything but the c-3po headchanging thing and anakins arm getting stuck in that metal thing is pretty strange and unrealistic

I totally agree with you about the Droid Factory scene--I don't understand what motivated George to go such a slapstick route with the droids. First off, I'm getting more and more annoyed as GL keeps adding new functions to R2-D2--I was very relieved to learn that the flying scene had been cut from Ep I, only to find it revisited in Clones. If R2 had this function all along, why wouldn't he have used it when he was getting twigs and leaves caught in his treads on Endor, or sand on Tatooine, or when he was forced to hobble drunkenly down the stairs into Docking Bay 94 in ANH (If you don't know what I mean, go check him out in the 'what a piece of junk' scene). Also, the decision to animate C-3PO and have him flopping around, bouncing off the conveyor belt and hanging by his fingertips was ridiculous. I'm very comfortable with the image of C-3PO as a clumsy, dottering clunky robot--he's a diplomatic machine--he doesn't need to be a combat model. That scene reminded me of the terrible Nelvana Droids cartoon...UGH!

Just because George can do this stuff digitally doesn't mean he should. End of rant...otherwise the movie rocked!

jlw
05-19-2002, 12:51 AM
I actually read the graphic novel befpore seeing the movie, however, one thing the novel did not mention was the Death Star scene, so I was totally blown away by it. Also, I had never read anything about the Death Star in any spoiler forums (they might be out there, but I must have missed them). To me this was equal to the "I am your father" revelation of ESB.

I was so blown away, by not knowing about it that I am now considering not reading any spoilers for Ep. III

By the way does anyone know what Dooku's droid says to him as the ship leaves the docking bay? To me it sounded something like, "Good going, Quincy"

tagmac
05-19-2002, 01:16 AM
I'm not sure the name of the species, but Yareel Poof is the same species as Gasgano, one of the podracers in Ep. I. His multiple hands are hidden under his robes.

DarthBrandon
05-19-2002, 01:43 AM
GroundskeeperWillie,

R2's booster rockets are actually discontinued after twenty years by the manufacturer is what I read in the other posts.

Just thought I'd mention it if you wanted to know.

Battle Droid
05-19-2002, 01:50 AM
I'm not sure the name of the species, but Yareel Poof is the same species as Gasgano, one of the podracers in Ep. I. His multiple hands are hidden under his robes.

Actually Yarael Poof is an Quermian, and Gasgano a Xexto. :)

Beast
05-19-2002, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by tagmac
A similar looking species, but they are not the same. Gasgano is a member of the Xexto Species. Yareal Poof is a member of the Quermian species. The other difference is that Gasgano has 6 arms, and Yareal only has 4. This information is from the Official Star Wars Website. Dang, Battle Droid beat me to it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GroundskeeperWillie
05-19-2002, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by brandon

R2's booster rockets are actually discontinued after twenty years by the manufacturer is what I read in the other posts.

Really?! That's hilarious! Well, that doesn't explain why C-3PO was bouncing around the conveyer belt like Jerry Lewis in 'Flubber'--that was just a painful misfire, IMHO...:rolleyes:

Beast
05-19-2002, 02:02 AM
GroundskeeperWillie, this link is to the thread that Brandon was talking about: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7983. I didn't see any problem with the whole C-3PO scene, it fits in with C-3PO's charecter. He's like the most unlucky charecter in the entire saga. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GroundskeeperWillie
05-19-2002, 02:15 AM
Well, my issue isn't so much with C-3PO's luck (he ain't got much, granted :rolleyes: ) as with the decision to go CGI and the extent of his wacky situations in AOTC. C-3PO looks silly 'bouncing' as he does, and there is nothing about 3PO in the other four movies to even remotely suggest he has the coordination or the reflexes to fall, grab onto something with those stunted metal fingers and save himself from disaster. It just looked so cartoonish and silly that I couldn't help groaning as I watched. I don't want to be one of those quibblers, but I REALLY thought that sequence stretched the bounds of credibility for that character. I'll even drop my vendetta against R2's flight rockets--okay, I'll accept those--but C-3PO should not be jumping/bouncing/grabbing/swinging under any circumstances. Why didn't he grab onto the edge of the sail barge when R2 pushed him off in Jedi and swing himself back up like Luke did off the plank? Cause it would look lame, that's why! :frus:

Sorry to anyone who really dug that part of the movie--not trying to pick a fight here, just voicing my lone opinion!

Bel-Cam Jos
05-19-2002, 04:10 PM
There have been some threads on specific things you LIKED or DISLIKED, but what about things that shocked or took you by surprise? Others you said "yawn, I knew that was coming"?

For me, I was taken aback by the clone warriors being the good guys. Also, Zam Wessell being such a minor character, after all the hype about her as a bounty hunter. And Jango wasn't "all that" as a bounty hunter to me; he dives at lightsabers? gets knocked down all the time?

Edit: My bad. I thought I checked for threads like this, sorry. A BSLOS follows...

"If I were a sculptor,
But then again, no..." :rolleyes: ;)

SQueek
05-19-2002, 04:29 PM
this thread is kind of a duplicate but i liked almost all of it, i didnt like the little screen time of jango, also i didnt like that actor to much, hes kinda fat.

hango fett
05-19-2002, 04:33 PM
i thought jango was going to battle mace for alot longer time. i mean, he shoots at him 3 or 4 times then gets his right hand cut off then gets decapitated....they should have made it to were he injured mace somehow and then trys to kill him with that blade on his arm and then gets decapitated. oh, well....over all a excellent movie.

JediDan
05-19-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by SQueek
this thread is kind of a duplicate but i liked almost all of it, i didnt like the little screen time of jango, also i didnt like that actor to much, hes kinda fat.

He's kinda fat???!!! Then you must really hate your mama...:rolleyes: Geez. :rolleyes:

mylow thehutt
05-19-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by JediDan

He's kinda fat???!!! Then you must really hate your mama...:rolleyes: Geez. :rolleyes:

:crazed: :crazed: OH! LOW BLOW! LOL

mylow thehutt
05-19-2002, 04:59 PM
what surprised me was how flexable 3PO was.and i also thought Jango /and Mace battel would longer I mean i blinked and the guys dead.

browndroid
05-19-2002, 05:47 PM
knew about jango's head, knew about yoda(but didnt know it would be that cool) i was also shocked about the clonetroopers being the good guys.

JediIan
05-19-2002, 07:16 PM
I was shocked at the Death Star, it was the highlight of the movie for me for some reason, i bet i know what happens to Geonosis....

Wookiee
05-20-2002, 03:14 PM
I was a bit suprised to learn that Padme could pilot a Naboo Fighter. I think it's kinda cool actually. I wonder how good a pilot she is, say if her convoy had been intercepted before they landed on Corusant and they had to defend themselves from an attack...

Mandalorian Candidat
05-20-2002, 06:34 PM
There's another thread like this one, but I'm interested in how much you actually knew about some plot points or spoilers coming into seeing AOTC? I really tried hard to stay away from spoilers unlike with EP1, but unfortunately hanging out in cyberspace and reading the figure cards before the movie's release still revealed a ton of stuff for me. My friend actually even told me on the way over to the theater about Jango Fett getting a haircut by Mace, that dork.

I was still surprised at many things which I didn't know until I saw the movie. They include...

1) The entire opening scroll. I thought about what they would put, and I was kind of right, but I didn't see it until the movie.

2) The Padme decoy on the Coruscant landing pad, though as soon as the explosion occured I figured it out that she was a pilot (the Padme pilot figure also kind of helped).

3) Orn Free Taa being part of the loyalist group.

4) Jango killing Zam.

5) The Jedi who ordered the clone army be made (I can't remember his name, but it sounded like syphilis - I have my own opinion on who this is if anyone's interested).

6) The Jedi library scene.

7) Padme's "headlights" scene on Tatooine.

8) Watto was totally poor and looked like a whino.

9) Shmi being sold by Watto and marrying Cliegg "The Stump" Lars.

10) OB1 getting sliced by Dooku.

11) I didn't know anything about Sidious' actual part in the movie; perhaps because it was so small.

12) Dooku revealing Sidious' involvement in the Senate.

13) Ani's slaughter of the Tusken Raiders. I though they would actually have a fight or showdown.

14) Dooku being Qui-Gon's mentor/trainer.

15) The actual involvement of the Trade Federation and that Nute Gunray hadn't been thrown in jail.

16) That C-3PO was already finished. I thought Padme was going to put him together while Ani was off rescuing his mom. That was one thing I didn't expect because the figure came with the removable panels.

17) The Jedi starfighter didn't shoot at all. I thought it was supposed to fight back against Jango. Does anyone have the ship and see the flight-to-fight mode? That's what I thought happened.

18) Mace not getting hurt. From that powerful "passing a kidney stone" look on the final battle figure's face I though he too would be losing a body part in this flick.

19) The extremely small role of Bail Organa. They don't even refer to him by name from what I can remember.

and last, the best spoiler of all...

20) The Death Star plans in the main computer! That was such a cool thing that Lucas threw in. I'm so glad that juicy tidbit was in AOTC. Now maybe we'll see Palpatine giving Tarkin the plans in EP3 for its construction.

scruffziller
05-20-2002, 08:05 PM
Yea the clones being the good guys threw me off. BUT THEY WON"T BE FOR LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!