PDA

View Full Version : Where was Obi gonna put Jango?

Fulit
05-16-2002, 10:01 AM
Ok, I haven't seen the movie yet, but I read the book, and if Obi-Wan was supposed to "take Jango Fett into custody", where in the Jedi Starfighter was Jango supposed to ride back to Coruscant? It looks like a one man fighter, is there some sort of secret compartment for detainees or something?

JEDIpartner
05-16-2002, 10:05 AM
He probably would have had him detained at Tipoca City and would have stayed there until the Republic Judicials sent a transport to take him back to Coruscant.

Dave_Cameron
05-16-2002, 10:30 AM
I would have guessed the same thing.

Darth Nihilus
05-16-2002, 02:16 PM
He would've made him hang onto the Jedi Starfighter's landing gear as he flew back to Coruscant.

Taichi
05-16-2002, 02:18 PM
Who knows, there might be a 'holding' section on the Jedi Starfighter hyperdrive ring (Which was totally cool)

but how he'd get him into space is anybody's guess........

jawaboy
05-16-2002, 02:19 PM
Under his robe. "And stop squirming around down there. Don't make me get my lightsaber out."

QLD
05-16-2002, 02:19 PM
He would have turned him sideways and shoved him STRAIGHT UP HIS CANDY Aaa.....wwwwww never mind.....

Sith Worm
05-16-2002, 02:22 PM
he would have used that handy little cord of jango's and tied him to the fin and drug him back through hyperspace, microwaved jango anyone...

Darth Nihilus
05-16-2002, 02:45 PM
Yeah, how come Hasbro never included the launching device with the Starfighter?

JediTricks
05-16-2002, 11:52 PM
Nihilus, maybe they're gonna release a hyperdrive ring soon - I'd like that.

As for where to put Jango, there's nowhere on that tiny ship I can think of, so either Obi-Wan was gonna hijack Slave I or more likely, he was gonna sit and wait for the judicials.

Battle Droid
05-16-2002, 11:57 PM
I wish the back would've opened on the toy to put the spare parts in.

2-1B
05-26-2002, 12:31 AM
I don't know how you'll take my interpretation, but here goes . . .

Yoda tells Obi-Wan to "bring him here" and "question him we will". Obi-Wan responds that he will report back when he has Jango.

Now, Yoda could have meant 'bring him here' as in bring him to Mace and Yoda via hologram. As Yoda stiffens his cane (I think he does anyway) he seems to be referring to that specific room more than the temple itself. And logically Obi-Wan will have to check back when he 'has him' so they can question him thru holographic means.

I find that idea pretty plausible, WAYYY more so than the idea of stuffing Jango into the ship. So I'm alright with it. But indeed, it is a contradiction of the novel in that the book suggests an in-person interview.

Whaddya think? :)

DarthBrandon
05-26-2002, 12:36 AM
He would have tied him to the afterburners.

Dooku Fett
05-26-2002, 01:24 AM
Never thought of that...

JetsAndHeels
05-26-2002, 11:31 AM
It doesnt matter, Jango got away because he is the man!!
Until later, you know....

Jargo
05-26-2002, 11:43 AM
How is jango the man? All he does is by accident just like his son later in the saga. Pathetic bounty hunter scum is all he is. Pond life and useless as a toothless comb.

I'd have shoved Jango into the spare parts and provisions hold at the back of the ship. So what if he nearly suffocates and gets hypothermia in hyperspace. he'd still be alive when I got back to Coruscant - just. A jedi mind trick would pull the information needed from his cranium whether he wanted to divulge it or not. Then I'd take a lightsaber and use him as a practice dummy. The way I'd use all bounty hunter scum. :evil:

And Jango wanted to lose his head because he just stands there waiting for it. He raises his guns but doesn't fire when he has plenty of time to and just calmly stands waiting for mace to take off his head. he so wanted to die the big wuss. :evil:

JetsAndHeels
05-26-2002, 05:34 PM
Did you even see the movie Jargo? Go back and take a look at when the Reek tramples him in the arena. His jetpack gets damaged and he is unable to take off when Mace charges him.
Besides, isnt Mace supposed to be a badass Jedi himself? It was meant for Jango to die.
And he did more than his son ever did, at least until EP3.

Jargo
05-26-2002, 07:51 PM
If he still had his jetpack before the Reek tramples him and he's so hot then why didn't he take off and get out of the way? because he's stoopid that's why. Jango is thick as two short planks and passes that on to his progeny. Boba exhibits all the signs of a shortage of smarts. He's trained to be a bounty hunter sure but without proper education he has a one track mind that isn't able to think in a non linear way. Just listen to his yuk yuk yuk laugh. Sounds like a hick to me. Jango sounds more like a car mechanic than a trained and skilled hunter. after Obi goes over the edge of the platform on Kamino he looks over the edge and doesn't check any more than that after battling with a Jedi? DUH! If he was any kind of hunter he'd be checking for the body not simply assuming it went into the water below. He aint smart he's just got some nice toys attached to his clothing. Any idiot can fire a blaster and fly around if they have the same. Anyone can fly a ship, if a thick kid like Boba can do it then anyone can.

And yes I did see the movie which is why I happened to notice that Jango stands up after rolling under the Reek and just stands there waiting without firing at mace. He had plenty of time to fire off a volley but his brain is so slow Mace gets to him before he can even think to start pulling the trigger.

But I wasn't entirely impressed with Sam Jacksons fighting either but I suspect that that's down to George's bad editing rather than anything Sam did.

JediTricks
05-26-2002, 07:52 PM
Hmm, Jango A) really had no reason to go down there except it was convenient; and B) really didn't try to defend himself all that well when Mace was charging. Jango knew quite well that Jedi are very adept at blocking his blaster bolts, he failed using them against Obi-Wan not long before. Yet all he did was take a step back and start shooting rather than run away or whip out the flame thrower, the cord whip, the micro-missiles, the knee-darts, or anything else. The guy just took one on the chin.

Yoda knows Jango had to get from Coruscant to Kamino somehow, I'm sure he trusted that Obi-Wan could have figured a way off that planet for himself and his captured prey (except that Obi-Wan didn't capture said prey ;)).