PDA

View Full Version : walmart restocked with new waves

cujo fett
05-16-2002, 10:21 AM
they have yoda, dooku, hangar anakin, taun we, royal guard, luminara, plus more jar jar wave
-found in kitchener, ont.

billfremore
05-16-2002, 11:16 AM
The same was found here in Ottawa Wal-marts.

IcebergSlim
05-17-2002, 12:03 PM
They had Royal Guards, Taun Wes and Luminaras @ Oakville Wal-Mart but no Dooku, Yoda, Zam, etc.

Sir FanBoy
05-18-2002, 11:55 AM
Walmart in Mississauga has also just restocked with the new wave. I picked up everything so if anyone wants anything via (Dooku, Yoda, Taun We, Royal Guards etc...), Walmart has mass quantities while they last. Gl toy huntin'.

fourtwo
05-18-2002, 02:07 PM
i really hope you all have found a red clone trooper cause its the best toy out there right now
:)

cujo fett
05-18-2002, 04:04 PM
i agree the red clone trooper is a really well done figure
the poses are endless!!!
i think any generic soldier (snowtroopers\stormtroopers\rebel hoth ) should all be done with plenty of articulation
that way when you buy more than one , they each have a unique look

Amanamike
05-19-2002, 12:15 AM
I have 5 of the red clone troopers and it sure aint my favorite figure. The foot action thing there sucks, why cnat they just make troopers stand like the commtech stormtrooper and that way we can do what we want with them instead of them pre posing them. And why did it come wiht a rock??? No idea

mabudonicus
05-19-2002, 01:32 PM
Same here (taun we, hangar duel, royal guard, all at walmart).
TRU has the hangar duel (here in St.C) wave, no taun we that I saw. Both have kinda put some OP anakins away to get more good figs (geo warrior, dex, Clonetroops) out.
PS- wanna see the BEST pose for the red CT?? Check out my pic in "power of the STANSE" in general discussion. I made the props and shot it in my yard. He is an AWESOME figure, I must agree.

Bosskman
05-21-2002, 12:57 PM
They had the Luminara and Dooku waves at Walmart in Saint John, NB today. Too bad I had already bought them all on-line. Patience I must learn. I piked up 2 extra Royal Guards though. I now have the 6 I wanted. They had 2 Dookus and TONS of red Clonetroopers. There were a few HD Anakins too but only one Yoda from what I could tell. Good to see we're getting more stuff. I think this is it though.

DarthBrandon
05-21-2002, 06:45 PM
Found Count Dooku wave at Walmart in Saint John,
New Brunswick Canada. Picked up 2 Dooku's, 1 Yoda, 1 Clonetrooper, 1 Anakin Hanger Duel. 6 Dooku's and tons of the other figures were still there when I left.

DarthBrandon
05-21-2002, 06:47 PM
Bosskman,

You should have checked under the display on the floor that's where five other unopened boxes were with what I found today.
I took only what I needed and left the rest for others, only fair.

Bosskman
05-22-2002, 08:54 AM
I saw those boxes but I didn't look in them. I got my Yoda in the mail yesterday from PAF, and I already had Luminara, Taun We, Zam and the Clonetrooper. I paid 14 bucks US for Dooku but he hasn't arrived yet. I was considering buying another one just to get right now but I decided I already spent enuff on that figure and, if I had been patent from the start, I'd have him now and for cheeper. I'll have him in a week or so, along with the Endor Rebel Soldier.

DarthBrandon
05-22-2002, 01:40 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean Bosskman, sometimes we can't wait till they arrive here so we get them online or where ever we can. Plus being patient sometiems can bite us in the *** and then we do have to spend some big bucks to get what we want. Anyways thought I'd give you the heads up just in case you didn't have a particular figure, but from what I gather your as crazy as I am with collecting. LOLOL

On another note I'm just going to shop at Walmart from now on cause Toysrus is way overstocked with the first wave of figures.
We may not see alot of the other waves there at all, but I do believe Walmart will carry them in small numbers like they are doing now. I'll let you know if anything comes up and I know you'll do the same. L8R.

Bosskman
05-23-2002, 01:39 PM
I know what you mean about TRU. They must have had 500+ figs there on the friday before 23 april. Last time I was there they had most of them in a cart though. That was last week, haven't been back since. For a generally crappy store, our Walmart has been surprisingly good lately. That where I got my first 13 AOTC figs, a loong time ago now it seems........

cujo fett
05-23-2002, 08:08 PM
was at walmart today and they have quite a selection of figures, several of dooku wave and royal guard wave
only figure missing was yoda
also tru has new figures but no dooku wave -plenty of the others

DarthBrandon
05-23-2002, 09:59 PM
Hey Bosskman, I hear ya about that being a long time ago, like three weeks before Toysrus even released theirs for me. I stopped by Toysrus today and guess what we jumped the gun a little bit cause they have the Dooku wave there too. Oh well Walmart still rules for me though.

Bosskman
05-24-2002, 06:56 AM
I'm so tempted to just go get Dooku. Even though he's coming in the mail.

DarthBrandon
05-24-2002, 07:20 AM
Get him and have two.

mabudonicus
05-24-2002, 10:56 AM
I found Yoda at walmart East in SC on wednesday. TRU must have had him, too, but I can't tell if any actually hit the shelves there or not. "outland pegwarmer disguise". ROFL!! I can't recall who said that, but good call. I can't believe the accessory is ACTUALLY a SUITCASE!!! LUGGAGE!!!!
Oh, on a related note, I just found the head to my dagobah Vader, missing for a whole year since it popped off and disappeared. WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

FETT
05-31-2002, 02:53 PM
any1 here from toronto??..all the walmarts i've been to have had diddly squat.....do you guys know which day they receive their shipments??..thx in advance..

DarthBrandon
05-31-2002, 03:15 PM
They receive shipments everyday, but that does not mean that toys are on their shipments on a daily basis.

FETT
06-01-2002, 05:54 PM
i've been to a couple of walmarts in toronto and one had absolutely nothing and another one had the taun we wave with jar jar and lucinda....my advice is to goto local comic shops..sure most will over price, but the selection there is usually quite good and you should be able to find a place that's reasonable...i personally goto silver snail and they only charge a couple dollars more.......btw has any1 seen the final battle jango fett??...or the sneak preview one??..those are the only two figures that i want that i haven't been able to locate...thx for your help...~

Sir FanBoy
06-01-2002, 07:12 PM
Fett,

How much do basic figures go for at Silver Snail? Im in the area so one day i will go with some friends downtown to check it out.

And concerning the final battle version of Jango it will come out i think June 7th (or at least that was what i was told), that along with the Mace Windu (rescue) and Bespin Luke and Vadar.

By June 20th everything should be out.

I hope this information is accurate as i need the new figs to complete my set.

Count Dooku
06-02-2002, 12:21 AM
My search began on Friday, I managed to pick up all the figures I wanted with the exception of Mace Windu, I could not find him in the entire Niagara Region. I picked up not 1,2, but 3 Yodas, what a score! Need a Windu though. I am finding that the TRU in St. Kitts is loaded, but with common guys, Wal Marts have been pretty good, with Zellers being the absolute worst (except Niag. Falls which had like 6 Jangos left for some reason).

Royal Guard, Shaak Ti, Luminara, Yoda, Dooku, Boba, Jango, and Mace are definately the hard ones to get.

Conversely, Battle Droids, 3PO's, and all male Jedi Knights are overly abundant. Anybody else from the area find other things? Let me know.

ChronicJedi
06-02-2002, 05:05 AM
What you see is what you get basically. New waves include;

Collection 1 - Yoda, Dooku and Hangar Duel Anakin

Collection 2 - Luminara Unduli, Taun We and Royal Guard

With those 6 that brings the Canadian total to 28. The next 4 should be out soon. (Jango, Mace, Luke and Vader) Maybe I'll leave one for you...

FETT
06-04-2002, 11:04 AM
cujo fett which walmart did you goto???....i went to the walmart on warden and eglinton and they had none of the wave you were referring to......had the genoshan warrior and dex, but that was about it.......as for the idea in choosing walmart over TRU, i don't know about that since sure TRU might be over stocked in the figures that no one want, but frequently(the times i've gone anyhow) they have the rarer figures located at the front where you can see them(dooku, yoda, r2, anakin hangar etc)....oh that reminds me, the TRU at cederbrae also got the taun we wave, but BLAST no royal imperial guards >_<....damn you army builders!!! =P

FETT
06-04-2002, 11:15 AM
sirfanboy:

odd...i thought i replied to your message earlier but it's gone now..anyhow, the basic figures at silver snail go for 12.99(AOTC), but it seems that you might be able to find the figures they have elsewhere..i was there a couple weeks ago and all they had was the royal guard, qui gon jinn and the endor rebel soldier.......you're drawing card to this store should be the older figures that they have....they have a whole wall full of the green and red carded figures..i'm assuming it's all of them and they sell for 14.99 i believe.....hope this is of help...

Sir FanBoy
06-04-2002, 11:18 AM
Fett,

Yea thx for the tip.

All i need is R2 (to complete my ATOC set as of right now) cause he is long gone over here.

FETT
06-04-2002, 11:15 PM
sir fanboy:

don't mention it...where in canada ar you located b\c i've seen some r2s scattered around some trus around here in toronto...

Sir FanBoy
06-05-2002, 11:32 AM
Fett, im in the Sauga area...

Only about a 20 min drive downtown and i was thinking of hitting T dot O anyways.

Do you know where the R2's are located at which TRU(s)?

thx.

FETT
06-05-2002, 01:25 PM
hey..the tru's i saw the r2's at were the one at cedarbrae mall and the one on steeles and yonge on hilda street......not sure if they're going to have anymore since i only saw one there, but i'm sure if you keep looking around you'll be able to find one somewhere......the one at cedarbrae mall seems to have the largest selection and assortment of figures and they seem to reload every tuesday.....so take that bit of advice..sorry i can't be of more help.DOH..i should have bought two when i had the chance...:crazed:

Sir FanBoy
06-05-2002, 01:36 PM
Fett,

np and thx for the tip gonna check it out maybe this weekend if i have time.

mabudonicus
06-06-2002, 02:25 PM
Here in SC, the TRU has just about everything as of yesterday. Yoda, royal guard, luminara, taun we.
Jango final wave nowhere here yet, maybe I'll check the scalpers today....
Oh, and there's lots of R2's there.
BTW- I met a smallish red haired dude in WM west here in town and told him to come here(me-nutty looking freak w/long hair on a bike)- Are you here now?? There's a few names I don't recognise here, just wanted to know if you're one of them..... WOOOOOOOOOO!!!

jjreason
06-06-2002, 05:36 PM
Man I miss Ontario. Yous guys got it good! My parents have been doing a little shopping for me, but Northern BC sucks the worst a s s when it comes to stuff like this. My Zellers has 2 figures left - one Dex and one JarJar!! How do you like that?? The toy mgr has "no idea" IF and or WHEN we'll be getting any more. Period. Tabernac....

Count Dooku
06-06-2002, 09:48 PM
mabudon, how many Yodas and Royal Guards did they have?

mabudonicus
06-09-2002, 06:33 PM
If memory serves me right, they had plenty of dookus and anakins, and at least a couple pf yodas. The walmart in the east (welland ave by white rose) has had them off and on too. Hope that helps!!!!

BobaFett
06-09-2002, 07:29 PM
Hey mabudon
I sent you an e-mail

FETT
06-12-2002, 03:30 PM
lo and behold....went to a local walmart today and found all of the dooku wave......couple of each....even 2 yodas.....so from my experience it seems that r2 is the hardest figure to find out there..as for the bespin wave..nowhere to be found just yet, but i feel that's it going to be here soon...

sir fan boy you ever get that bespin vader???

BobaFett
06-12-2002, 03:40 PM
Fett where do you live?

FETT
06-12-2002, 04:05 PM
toronto....the big smoke....the aye carumba..lol......went to two tru's today and zip..one clone trooper..//

billfremore
06-13-2002, 07:34 AM
The Loblaws near my house has a couple Royal Guards and at least one Yoda that I saw.

(that's Ottawa in case you were wondering)

wickett
06-13-2002, 10:05 AM
Hiya Bill, I'm in ottawa too! what Loblaws are you talking about?

PS- The comic shop on Merivale has Yoda, and all the EP2 stuff, but I got the last R2.

billfremore
06-13-2002, 11:42 AM
Hey Wickett,

Welcome to the forums

It's the huge Loblaws on Vanier Parkway, apparently this is the only Loblaws in town selling figures according to what I've heard.

PM me sometime if you have any other questions... :D

wickett
06-19-2002, 12:41 PM
Place D'Orleans in Ottawa has the new Bespin stuff, Jango, and Obi pilot. Pretty good stock as of Wednesday noon.

FETT
06-19-2002, 04:45 PM
nothing and zlicho here in toronto....i got another topic to raise in the meantime..is it just me or do the people that work in walmart know absolutely nothing???.....whenever i call them they give me some half-caring remark about them not having or expecting any new star wars stuff and when I go there, I almost always see something.......talk about crappy customer service!!!..like how hard is it to walk 10 feet and check??...i always give specific figures as well and it's not like i'm asking them to search all of them....

to further clarify this point, today upon learning that the saint johns walmart got the bespin i called a local walmart and GEEZ..the damn idiot didn't even know how to connect me to the toy dept and another person said to try the store manager....!!!#!@@#!...messed up...toys r us is a lil bit better, but they don't get anything until after walmart does...and least they know when they get their star wars stuff unlike the walmart ppz that just say chk again tmr...morons!!!!

Count Dooku
06-19-2002, 05:50 PM
Now granted, their most important priority isn't to find you all the newest figures fresh off the truck, but I agree with you, they are so useless. The other day I asked a guy if he had more in the back room (the shelves were sparse). I waited about 15 minutes and that was it. I continued to shop in another dept. and I then I spotted the guy. He made no effort to tell me anything. I guess he just went out back for a butt or something. They are just too much, the most useless out of any toy stores. By the way TRU are the best. Those guys always let me go thru cases that are in the back! Not bad.

FETT
06-19-2002, 05:55 PM
yah....it's a shame really..i got agree with you on TRU.....very friendly and they actually know something about star wars...i asked a guy awhile ago about an r2 and he said he had one in the back and he got it for me..so yah...TRU rocks!!

BobaFett
06-19-2002, 07:58 PM
Actually Fett, WM isn't so bad. You gotta call around lunch time, that's when the manager's there. She said she ordered 12 cases of Assortments 1 and 2. Hopfully Luke will be there.

FETT
06-19-2002, 09:09 PM
12???...yah, a couple of people told me to call earlier when the manager is in..i guess i'll try that tmr..thx for the tip....

DarthBrandon
06-23-2002, 01:49 AM
The Endor Raid Wave has hit Wallmart in Saint John, N.B.

FETT
06-23-2002, 01:54 AM
holy moses malone..looks like the new figures are hittting the east coast b4 they're hitting main town toronto...thx for the updates....will get back to you shortly...

DarthBrandon
06-23-2002, 01:56 AM
No problem Fett.

FETT
06-24-2002, 04:22 PM
besipn wave has FINALLY hit toronto walmarts...picked myself a bespin luke today and saw everyone but final battle jango in good quantities..no palpatine either but that figure reeks..lol...who does hasbro come out with these "useless" figures anyhow????

Sir FanBoy
06-25-2002, 01:36 PM
god dammit, nothing yet in the sauga region... this sux

haggis
06-25-2002, 08:17 PM
Hamilton Walmarts have been getting the new figs. They are selling very quickly though. I was at Stoney Creek Walmart tonight and got a Bespin Luke and Jango Final Battle. They had more Jangos, another Luke a couple of Maces left. The Endor Soldier wave just flies off the shelves around here. You have to be doing a regular toy run around here to find everything(which I have managed to do, so far).