PDA

View Full Version : Dejus Puhr -- in Ep. II?

Toad
05-16-2002, 01:38 PM
Just wondering, thanks!

JEDIpartner
05-16-2002, 01:40 PM
no... If you were asking because there's a figure of him coming out, it's just that he's one of the first offerings for the Saga- ANH line.

Toad
05-16-2002, 04:39 PM
He's in ANH???

Damn, after 20+ years, I've never noticed him.

Jargo
05-16-2002, 06:13 PM
Djas is sitting at the same table as Muftak and Myo the cyclops guy, he is shown very briefly looking around at one point but blink and you'll miss his starring role. I can't understand why they chose to make this character over several others who get far more screen time Dannik Jerriko who stands at the bar and is the guy smoking a pipe would have been just as good. Or hem Dazon the anvil shaped head guy who is the first alien we see as the action shifts to the cantina interior and the music starts up. But anyway, we got Djas and here's a still of him sitting at the table with Muftak.

Snuffleupagus
05-20-2002, 09:09 PM
That image seems to be from A New Hope - Special Edition? I can't find any screen time for Dejas Puhr in the original. Although I did see a dark bald looking character in the background behind Hammerhead. Is that him? It is too dark to tell for certain.

bigbarada
05-21-2002, 12:30 AM
Djas Puhr is an original alien from 1977, not an SE addition. If you are having trouble finding him on video then it could be one of two possibilities:

1. You're just not looking hard enough.

OR

2. You've been watching the "pan & scan" version of the movie, not the widescreen edition. Djas might be cut off the screen in the fullscreen versions. Plus, as everyone knows, widescreen is the ONLY way to watch a Star Wars movie.:)

Anyways, I have proof that Djas was in ANH before the SE. In the Star Wars Chronicles book which was released in Japan before the SEs (re-released in the US in 1997 with no SE info added), Djas Puhr is clearly listed on page 74.