PDA

View Full Version : Emperor's wrath Vader?

The Bald Ewok
09-13-2001, 12:07 PM
Hey just wondering, if anybody has the new Vader if it is cool or not? I have seen the pics for him, but it is so hard to base an opinion on that. So far, the new luke has been getting lukewarm reviews.

Pellaeon
09-13-2001, 12:21 PM
I managed to pick one up to my surprise. At first, I thought the figure was Dagobah Vader, as the rest of the Collection 1 assortment the figure is supposed to be with was absent and there was just the one Vader.

Like Dagobah Vader, much of this figure is translucent black, including the head, hands and forearms. What tipped it off from a distance for me was the blueness of the head. On close inspection, you can see the skull inside the head from the side. Also, placing the head in the light shows the lightening bolts , which are just painted on, much better. Also, the right hand appears to come off.

All in all, a nice figure, and my guess the scalpers target amongst the 3 in the wave.

Lobito
09-13-2001, 02:31 PM
Yep, it is very cool indeed, and its true, u can remove the right hand of the figure. If u have the chance, buy it.

The Bald Ewok
09-13-2001, 04:36 PM
Does it show any circuitry of Vaders? In other words do you see and robotic parts attached to the skeleton?

Pellaeon
09-13-2001, 04:39 PM
Keep in mind that mine is "in package". I cannot see any robotry. The helmet is black translucent, encasing a skull which appears to be wearing sunglasses (Vaders visor).

Lobito
09-13-2001, 05:06 PM
Mine is out of the card. The most visible detail are the blue bolts in vader's helmet. The helmet and the arms are translucent u can see vader's skull from the side. There is no circuitry.

GNT
09-14-2001, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Lobito
There is no circuitry.

Remember Hasbro made this figure so what do expect?
cant wait to gett my hands on him when i see him.

Grayhank
09-15-2001, 02:29 AM
The Emperor's Wrath Vader is pretty cool. The head glows in the dark after you hold it over a light for a few minutes. The sculpt is really detailed.

Luke X-Wing appears to have had his head shrunk. I don't understand why Hasbro can't seem to get the head scaled right. Young Anakin's head is actually bigger. I imagine Luke won't look so funny with the helmet on but I have not opened it yet.

Han's pose looks a little strange but has nice detailing.

Shmi is probably the nicest figure of the bunch.

Obi-Wan/JT Gear is a huge waste of plastic. Don't know why they even bothered. With so many characters that are in need of being made or resculpted the EU figures leave much to be desired.

I'm still waiting for a new POTJ C-3PO. He is the only core character from the 1st Trilogy that has yet to appear in the line. A C-3PO with articulated legs and arms would be great.

GNT
09-16-2001, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Grayhank
The head glows in the dark after you hold it over a light for a few minutes.

What his head glows? Anyone else confirm this???

evenflow
09-16-2001, 09:02 AM
Sounds cool. Glow-in-the-dark, nice. Sadly, I cannot find any of the 5 new figures. :(

Lobito
09-17-2001, 06:45 PM
Glow in the dark??? Hmmm...i will let you guys know when i get home, Cant wait!!

bigbarada
09-17-2001, 07:19 PM
I think Shmi is glow-in-the-dark too. How else do you explain why she's so pale? I'll have to test out this theory though, so I'll get back to you when I get one.;) :D

GNT
09-18-2001, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I think Shmi is glow-in-the-dark too. How else do you explain why she's so pale? I'll have to test out this theory though, so I'll get back to you when I get one.;) :D

Shes the brightest part of Tatooine :)

Lobito
09-19-2001, 10:48 AM
Its true, vaders helmet is glow in the dark!! Now that is not written in the back of the card, anyway this is a plus to an already great figure.:D

jedibear
09-19-2001, 11:08 PM
....the EW Vader is really cool, but it could be mistaken for the Dagobah Vader version on the pegs if you're not careful (it IS a different figure from the DV version). The glowing head is a nice touch...

...the X-Wing Luke is such a tragedy! A nice body sculpt is destroyed by the dopey shrunken (& badly painted) head! I hope they lose that white paint on the mouth...on the two I've seen, it makes the figure look bucktoothed and stupid. It's too bad that the only versions of Luke under the POTJ banner are either this Pinhead pilot or Luke in his skivvies. Oh well...maybe Hasbro will do a really nice articulated Jedi Knight Luke with a cloth (or at least better sculpted cape)....hint hint.

I've only SEEN the Han...haven't lucked out on my own yet, but I think we've got enough of the ANH version of him now...we don't need any more.

The "Jedi Training" Obi is okay...I guess they wanted to crank out one last version of this character before he hits from AOTC with his new whiskers...

Haven't gotten the Shmi figure yet either, but she's definately the highlight of this wave for me...Ani needs his mommy!

After seeing them at San Diego (& the new carded pictures here at SS) I'm really looking forward to those deluxe figures...