PDA

View Full Version : Who brings a baby to a movie?

Fulit
05-16-2002, 03:46 PM
Honestly! I got screwed out of seeing SW last night, so I had to wait until today, and I finally get in there and these stupid idiots bring their infant to see SW with them. It cried or made noise constantly, every time it would get quiet or to a serious scene, "Whaaaaa".... It took the theater manager until well towards the end to come in there and tell them to leave, and even then they just stood by the door, w/ the kid still yelling. Damn fools. I have a three year old who loves SW almost as much as I, but I would never dream of taking him to a movie until I know he's old enough to be quiet, not now or when he was 2 months old. What is wrong with some people?

dirtybones
05-16-2002, 03:55 PM
I had the same thing happen! But this guy got the message when some people asked if they could buy the kid popcorn or something to keep him from screaming at his father who was to into the movie to even answer the kids bugging wants.
I have a daughter and I love kids, but you have to think about the other 300+ people who are in the movie with you when you think about taking your kids.

QLD
05-16-2002, 04:42 PM
There was a kid at the midnight showing I went to last night, and it only made noise for a minute. The parents quickly took it out of the theatre. I had no problem with it.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-16-2002, 04:47 PM
You guys are lucky you don't live in Utah. Up here it seems that everyone has a kid under 12 mos and they bring them all to the movies. Every movie I've been to here there's been at least two or three moms with their screaming babies along the back wall trying to get them to calm down.

Almost as bad is when people bring their kids to PG-13 and even R movies where there is a ton of profanity, sex, and violence. What little kid needs to get scarred unneedlessly like that?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-16-2002, 09:31 PM
Either they brought the kid to the movie because they are real dedicated Star Wars fans and they want to ingrain their brood to the fascinating world of Star Wars or more likely were to cheap to hire a babysitter. I had friends who brought their 5 year old son to the midnight showing last night. I figured the kid would fall asleep an hour into the movie, but apparently he made it all the way through. He'll hopefully have some lasting memories from that experience. ( :

JediTricks
05-16-2002, 10:11 PM
Nothing like that at the Grauman's Chinese today, though a dork with a laser pointer almost got mobbed and the curtain wasn't even open.

Sith Vicious
05-16-2002, 10:21 PM
I was annoyed to see how many parents let their kids skip school today to come to the 10:30 AM showing I went to.

Fulit
05-16-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Sith Vicious
I was annoyed to see how many parents let their kids skip school today to come to the 10:30 AM showing I went to.

10:30 A.M. showing? Jeez, maybe everyone around here is lazy, the first one I could find was at 12:40.

bigbarada
05-17-2002, 02:11 AM
If you're not old enough to play with the action figures then you shouldn't be in the theater.:)

JEDIpartner
05-17-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Fulit
Who brings a baby to a movie?

I know!! I know!!! It's the people who want to be on the recieving end of YOUR re-enactment of Anakin's Tusken encampment scene!!

a/k/a- IDIOTS who need to get a baby sitter or just stay at home. These are usually the same people who shouldn't have had children in the first place. Having to tote a child around apparently isn't going to put a damper on THEIR social activities... just YOURS! These are selfish and inconsiderate people who think only of themselves- not the proper frame of mind for parenting. Shame on them! BIG TIME!!!!

Mandalorian Candidat
05-17-2002, 10:16 AM
It's not just bad for everyone else, but also for the baby. Anyone notice how loud they play the sound at movies? Especially at movies like SW? Do that enough times and the baby's sure to have hearing problems down the line.

InsaneJediGirl
05-17-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
It's not just bad for everyone else, but also for the baby. Anyone notice how loud they play the sound at movies? Especially at movies like SW? Do that enough times and the baby's sure to have hearing problems down the line.

Thats what I was just thinking Mandalorian Candidat.Since the ear isnt fully developed in a child and it could present hearing
problems later on in life.

Someone brought a baby to the 10 am showing yesterday.It cried during the Matrix trailer,but the child settled down shortly
after the trailer ended.

However,people,DO NOT bring your children to see LOTR!Its a moive for 10 year olds and up in my opinion.Not for a 4 year old
wanting a nap.:rolleyes:

master jedi
05-17-2002, 07:46 PM
Once when I went to see Lord of the Rings a man and a woman bring their 2 kids that were under 3 years of age. The kids kept getting scared at the violent and scarry stuff and were screaming their guts out. Plus they kept talking during the movie.

What is wrong with people!!!!!!Can't anybody get a f****** babysitter!!!!

LTBasker
05-17-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
Someone brought a baby to the 10 am showing yesterday.It cried during the Matrix trailer,but the child settled down shortly
after the trailer ended.

You can only blame Hollywood for that... :rolleyes:

Mandalorian Candidat
05-17-2002, 09:29 PM
That's pretty pathetic. Being a dad with three kids, I know first hand that often it's hard to get a babysitter either due to lack of trustworthy people, $, or wanting to go out at the last minute and just not being able to find anyone available.

Sure it can be a pain, but that's what happens when you become a parent and have little kids!! You have to put them first, not just bail on them or drag them along to inappropriate places. If you can't find them a babysitter and want to go to the movies, then see a freaking Disney flick at the matinee where there are already tons of kids and the movie isn't scary or intense (hopefully).

InsaneJediGirl
05-18-2002, 12:07 PM
I totally agree with you Man Can.Parents should think of their children first..:)

Here's one thats even worse than taking kids to Theaters :

Some "parents" in Ohio(?) left their 2 year old disabled son at home by himself,why they went and saw the midnight showing
of Starwars.I saw it on the Today show this morning...Talk about sick.I hope the parents dont get the child back.Anyone else hear about this?

JediTricks
05-18-2002, 02:17 PM
Ok, the baby thing is unacceptable, but 4-year-olds are a different story for me. Is that really just the parents fault when Lucas and company spout their newest catch phrase "it's only a kiddie flick" over and over? No, the film is not appropriate for younger kids, but Lucasfilm definitely made sure the idea that all Star Wars films are "kids movies" was a prevailing one.

Darth Sidious
05-18-2002, 04:01 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JediTricks
[B]No, the film is not appropriate for younger kids, but Lucasfilm definitely made sure the idea that all Star Wars films are "kids movies" was a prevailing

I cant agree with you more. AOTC was definately nt a movie for little kids. The part where Anakin finds Shmi on that cross in the Tusken camp could give kids nightmares for weeks. Anyway, I do think it sucks when kids are loud at movies, but thats not what bugs me. What p*sses me off is when the parents ENCOURAGE the kids to ask questions, etc. Example: "Yes, honey thats a starship! And guess what that is?" Grr... :mad:

JediDan
05-18-2002, 04:59 PM
Seen AOTC for my 2nd time yesterday and the place was filled with kids. We had a guy sit next to us who had a 3 year old. Right when he sat down I knew it was not going to be an enjoyable movie experience. The kid would not stop talking, he was constantly asking for ice cream. :rolleyes: The guy was too much of an a hole to buy the kid a snack.

Thankfully the kid did fall asleep for about half the movie, but guess when we woke up? Right when Anakin finds his mom. He woke up and started talking away. I was SO ticked. That scene is such a powerful scene, having that kid right next to me talking away just wrecked that scene and many others.

Kids are kids, it's not really their fault that they smell are loud and don't have manners. What ticks me off is the parents that bring them to the theatre. The dark side they are.

Dexter
05-18-2002, 08:43 PM
Some MORON woman brought her infant to the Midnight Showing of AOTC in Westlake, OH. The damn baby cried through at least 2/3 of the movie before it passed out.

What kind of idiot woman brings a BABY to a movie that lets out at 3am?!? Pfffft. So much for women being more sensitive than men. :D

JediDan
05-18-2002, 09:24 PM
ROFL Dexter!!! :D :D