PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen Obi-Wan's new Ep II ship?

britcit3
09-13-2001, 03:32 PM
**********episode II spoiler warning***********

eh up

You've probably already seen this before, but have a look at the pic with Obi Wan next to an A-wing style ship - pretty cool, can't wait for the MM.

http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?id=58837&article=7265

Cheers

BC3

good shot jansen
09-13-2001, 03:39 PM
but not from this angle.

way cool! the ship reminds me somewhat of the alpha naboo fighter, particularly with the rounded cockpit canopy, and the wide plane of the fusilage.

oh man! this beauty is screamin' action fleet all over!

LTBasker
09-13-2001, 09:37 PM
Yeah, and in the last insider you can see what the top of it looks like. Pretty cool... 'cept for one insignia. heh...

*SPOILERS* Highlight to read, if it works.
Btw, in the new insider it also show's a ship I guess is Anakin's and it looks alot like the Expanded Universe Cloud Car with the arrowhead hull. Not bad, I can scan a pic for anyone if they want.

yorkie
09-14-2001, 03:02 AM
Yeah it looks like an elongated A-Wing.

More futuristic looking than the X-Wing. But the A-Wing was supposed to come some 20 years after episode 2. Aren't X and Y-Wings supposed to be 'old' ships at the time of 'A New Hope', so shouldn't the Republic be using ships similar to early X and Y designs at the time of ep 2 and 3?

Yorkie.

LTBasker
09-14-2001, 07:45 AM
They could be Nubian personal craft given to Obi-Wan and Anakin as presents of courtesy from Amidala for helping Naboo. Just a thought, I dunno, but since the Queen's E1 Starship has the pointed nose design on it...

JediTricks
09-14-2001, 12:37 PM
It's a precursor design to the Imperial Star Destroyer, and it's wearing a Republic insignia which is similar to the Imperial one. My guess is that it's just the shape of Coruscant starfighter design at the time.

LTBasker
09-14-2001, 09:18 PM
Ah.. but the Jedi do not fight like that, they protect, they would have no need for a starfighter so why would the ships if they are "personal" ships be starfighters? Of course they could be to try to protect against the enemy and such in some scenes so they could've done that but it's not like they're mini-anakin or Luke. :D Hmm, if the Star Destroyers had adapted their design wouldn't the TIE Fighters also have? I could be wrong. (JT, if you're gonna prove me wrong again please make it more...err, pleasant. ;) )

JediTricks
09-16-2001, 10:45 AM
BASKER, YOU'RE WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG! ;) Actually, I don't know for sure, I'm just going on rumors and what LFL has said. However, it may be possible that the Jedi are required to "protect" over the skies of a planet, and thus would need ships.

As for the adaptation issue, Lucas seemed to be thinking about TIE Fighters in Ep 1 with the Droid Starfighters. Remember that the Empire employs different ship builders for different vehicles, so they're not all gonna be the same.

britcit3
12-08-2001, 03:47 AM
Just seen this pic at CollectStarWars.com.......

Here's hoping that we'll see MM's of the 2 new ones.

BC3

Obi-Don
01-02-2002, 01:06 AM
Man,I hope we see these.There real sharpe.

r2dee2
01-02-2002, 10:08 AM
If you haven't seen this film clip (http://starwars.com/episode-ii/video/making/making2.html) , it gives you some insight into the design of Obi's Fighter...and as JT said it is a precursor to the Imp. Star Destroyer design.

r2dee2
01-02-2002, 10:19 AM
Forgot to mention that it is the clip, Wedgie 'Em Out, that you want to check out.

britcit3
01-06-2002, 04:20 AM
Here is a link to pics of proto action figs for Ep2, but there is a couple of ships included.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder.tcl?folder_id=173871

ta-ra

BC3

JediTricks
01-06-2002, 08:02 AM
It looks like a cool ship, but if those features (see boxed back pics (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2686)) were made up by Hasbro and aren't on the AF version, this is gonna be a blannnnnnnnnd toy.

britcit3
03-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Have you seen Sith Lord Anakin yet????

http://www.movie-vault.com/cgi-bin/news2/viewnews.cgi?id=EpZllppllFcPudjUDn&style=OneItemStyle

Image also attached.

(OK I know that it ain't AF or MM).

BC3

plo koon 200
03-14-2004, 01:28 AM
Why did you put that in this thread?

britcit3
03-14-2004, 03:46 AM
Because it's a spoiler (I started the thread a couple of years ago) and as I am ONLY interested in micro machines, I never venture out into the other discussion forums - so I placed it here so that the MMites could have a looky-looky.

BC3

SWAFMAN
06-07-2005, 05:00 PM
At the risk of being kicked out of the forum, I have to admit that I just saw ROTS for the first time a few nights ago - was waiting until the schedules meshed for the whole family to go together, and this was the soonest it worked out.

In a word, I had a: Hardwaregasm

In more than a word: I want pretty much every single ship that was shown - not just the ones that were prime featured, but ALL of them.

If anyone has any negative feedback on any of the technical aspects of the film, I'd be very interested to hear your impressions. I'm not only interested in thoughts about the acting*, but more about the writing, design concepts, cinematog., crafting (models, CG, sets), etc.

*NP couldn't act her way out of a traffic ticket, IMO. Frank Oz + the team that brought Yoda to "life" deserve a collective nomination in the Best Supporting Actor category, or that award will be totally irrelevant in any meaningful assessment of the year's Supporting performances in cinema. Yoda stole this movie, IMO.

This one may have wrapped everything leading up to the OT in a neatly-bowed package, but the fact that they finally got it so right leaves me craving more - like the post-OT trilogy - from as close to the exact same production team that delivered this film.

AndyW
06-08-2005, 08:16 AM
It really is a ship'o'rama that film isn't it, ever better than AOTC.

I also agree, so much I'd like to see in mini or af form.

JediTricks
06-08-2005, 06:31 PM
Here's a complaint: None of the dang ships were in the movie for more than a blink of an eye.

vulcantouch
06-10-2005, 01:41 PM
-they ain't very tech-centered but ok then, here they is (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=407067&postcount=276)- see you all there :D