PDA

View Full Version : Sith Council of Indy

toymanIN
08-16-2001, 11:49 AM
Attention fellow Sith Lords! The Sith council of Indy is a small and relatively new group of collectors who get together every other Monday night in beautiful downtown Indianapolis. So far we have met three times (the last being this past Monday night) and consist of about six members. Our goal is to spread the word that the force is very strong here in central Indiana and to set the stage for next year when all the world comes to visit here. We are working on some VERY EXCITING projects for next May so stay tuned for more updated. If anyone within driving distance of Indy wishes to join our group of collectors, you are more than welcome to come and be a part of our next meeting on August 27th at 6 PM. Directions are available in the Just Found forum for Indy in the old forums (you can still read them for now).

Boba Binks
08-18-2001, 06:50 AM
:) Yeah a new thread just for our group!

I had lots of fun at our last meeting. It is just great to kow that there are other geeks out there who have a passion for Star Wars.

The Bald Ewok
08-20-2001, 11:49 PM
Hey guys...I couldnt get my old name again, so I had to change....So for now on Son_of_sith is now the The Bald Ewok!!!
I have been fighting to get back on since SSG went to the new forums.

Boba Binks
08-21-2001, 08:32 AM
It took two days before I got my e-mail saying I could post. I was getting upset because I thought I could not keep my trade mark name. :)

:confused: A bald ewok :confused: AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

At the next meeting I am going to bring in my pictures I took of the Chicago Wizard World convention. (Mostly Star Wars stuff) It was so much fun, except for the Peter Mayhew incident. :mad:

The Bald Ewok
08-22-2001, 11:26 AM
Hey everyone, whats going on??? Why did we get booted off of the collecters forum? I got the message from SSG but it didnt mention as to why!

The Bald Ewok
08-22-2001, 11:36 AM
Hey toyman, did you get any of the figures in that I was looking for? If so, call me or email me...

Phone # 299-2557
email tawpisin@earthlink.net

Also what days are you working this week?

JediTricks
08-22-2001, 12:50 PM
You didn't get booted off, SirSteve thought "Collectors Clubs" were slightly different from what they actually were, and when informed of how they worked, he renamed this section for Trading and created a new Collectors Clubs section. It's a bit confusing, but I can move this thread over to that new section if you would like.

Binks, it took 2 days for the registration email to get to you?!? That's terrible, I hope that's not common, it's supposed to be immediate.

Boba Binks
08-22-2001, 10:03 PM
Yeah two days. I am pretty sure Steve got mad at me with all my e-mails asking why I could not post. He said that there might be a few bugs. But I got to keep my trade name so I am very happy! :)

If you could, would you please move our thread to the Collector Cub section. It just does not make sense to have it in the trading section.

Well, guys and gals if we get any... I heard that Santa Monica Ca. has been getting the Tie Iterceptor at their TRU stores along with the new 12" Figs and Palm Talkers!!! I cannot wait until they hot our area. I get paid this week! :D

Spread the word that Monday is our next meeting!

The Bald Ewok
08-23-2001, 08:34 AM
WOOHOO the tie is out.....The bald ewok speaks tie...speaks tie real good! HINT HINT WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE toyman....just give us the word!!! hey, I talked to Jeff and he will be at our next meeting...he had something come up, therefore he couldnt make it last time. But he will be at the next meeting! I havent heard anything from shane as of yet. Also, I saw the pics of the scaled sandcrawler and AT AT walker Mr. Binks. They was pretty darn cool. till next time

JediTricks
08-24-2001, 10:55 AM
Thread moved, enjoy your club! :)

Boba Binks
08-25-2001, 08:39 AM
Thank you! :)

Boba Binks
08-27-2001, 09:42 PM
Great meeting tonight! I was kind of surprised how long it went. But I had fun. It was nice to meet our new members Jeff and his wife (sorry I forgot your name).
Hopefully everyone will get onto these forums and post during the week. So we can keep in contact.
Well, talk to you later.
May The Force Be With You!

mastervader
08-27-2001, 10:24 PM
Hey all! Great meeting tonight!! Again welcome to our new members!! I hope you enjoyed our company and attend the next meeting. Thanks again to Boba Binks for the trade. I am soooo stoked about our roadtrip!! Talk to everyone soon. :D

TaunTaun
08-27-2001, 11:53 PM
Hi all,

It was nice meeting you all today. Oh, and my wife's name is Jessica. The roadtrip would be cool, but my schedule tends to need to be flexible so I'll let you guys hammer out the details, then see if I can go. But, my wife and I would love to go if we can work it out. Keep me posted.

The Bald Ewok
08-29-2001, 10:04 AM
Whats up everyone!!! Everything cool??? I want to update everyone as to where we stand. First, I have taken over building our website. I started one on earthlink, however I was limited to what I can do there. Therefore I am building a new one on Geocities. What I need from everyone, is pictures!!! Currently, I dont have a scanner, but I am working on getting one. I hope to have one, maybe by next week. I am going to put some overtime on this, so that at least by the next meeting our site will be up and running. I will try to do the best I can with it. I am getting help from Boba binks, the guy is great isnt he!! On to other news...I was looking at the calender, and how does September 22 or 23 sound for the Smithsonian show??? I like to hear what everybody schedule is so that way we can plan for this.
Oh hey welcome TaunTaun and it was a pleasure having you at our meeting!! I hope that you and your wife enjoyed yourselves!! I know that we would love to have you back if you want to continue coming back!

Well, a baby is crying......time for some more Nite Quil for her!!! JUST KIDDING!

peace everyone!

mastervader
08-30-2001, 12:36 AM
That weekend is great for me! Thanks for the hard work on the website guys!! I'll work on some pictures this weekend. I'll be in touch soon. MTFBWY

Boba Binks
08-30-2001, 07:30 AM
The 22nd or 23rd is fine by me. I printed off some information about the event, location, cost, ect and gave it to toymanIN.
The info that I got said to get tickets at least one week in advanced to have them delivered in time. It also says that weekends are very busy, so we will have to keep that in mind. But I do not care about crowds as long as we get to have some fun.
Whatever day the group decided, I will work it into my schedule.

toymanIN
08-31-2001, 09:30 AM
The 23rd is best for me right now. I will be going on nights for the month of September and if we go on a Saturday, I will have had no sleep at all. Is Sunday, the 23rd fine by everyone else? According to the info sheets provided by Bobabinks, the exhibit is open from 11 till 5 on Sunday. That is more than enough time to get through the entire exhibit plus the SW gift shop (if they have one, the sheets didn't say). Parking at the Museum is $2 and admission is free. Although we will have to pay the fee of $10 for a self guided tour or $15 for the audio tour. If we can get a group of at least 10 to go the price is cheaper- $7.50 per person. Photography and video cameras without video lights are permitted in the exhibit as well. Let's all try and have our money ready by the next meeting so we can appoint a point person to order the tickets for us. We can also discuss driving and time issues at the next meeting. BaldEwok, do you need digital pics for the website? I'm really excited about our first road trip! I think I'm going to videotape it this time. There's so much stuff to see there!

Boba Binks
08-31-2001, 02:21 PM
Cool!
Sunday would be fine for me too. As long as we are back Sunday night. I have classes on Monday mornings.

I noticed that this thread has been viewed many times. I wish more people would post.

Talk to you later.

Boba Binks
09-01-2001, 05:25 PM
Today on the internet site www.mapquest.com I entered in the information to get to the Toledo Museum of Art (so we can go see the Magic of Myth Exhibit.) I used my house as a starting point.
I live near the airport so this might be a little different for the rest of you.

According to the site informaion to get to the Museum from my house it is 235.00 miles and the total estimated time is 5 hours, 17 minutes. So lets round that to 5 hours and 30 minutes of driving, not including any stops along the way.
So when we go, we will have to leave early to have time to see the exhibit, eat, get fuel, ect.

It looks like most of us are saying Sunday is the best day to go. I do not care what day it is, I can make time to go except on Mondays and Wednesdays when I have classes. Any other day I can take off of work and do whatever.

So at the next meeting I guess we can discuss this and see what everyone thinks.

At the next meeting, (if everything works out) I am going to bring my friend Nancy. She is my friend who used to work for Kenner. She did some sculpting on Star Wars toys. I know she worked on the Hoth Rebel Commander, Wicket the Ewok, The Rancor, and some others.
She has all kinds of information. You just have to ask.
She also did other lines like Strawberry Shortcake, Aliens (She still has the sulpt she did of the queen alien that was never released, very cool!), Garfiled at Paws, and many more.
Too bad I did not know here before she got rid of all her wax sculpts, prototypes, hard copies, ect. from the Star Wars line. She still feels sorry that she gave it to one of her other friends. She had two of the Prototype Rocket Firing Boba Fetts!

TaunTaun
09-03-2001, 12:27 AM
Hi all,

So far that particular Sunday looks good for me. My wife isn't so sure, so I may be flying solo to Ohio.

I look forward to meeting your friend, Binks. Seems like a pretty cool job she has there. Hopefully she can bring pictures of the prototypes? I kind of have a fondness on seeing the original ideas an artist as and how they change due to various influences (story, corporate or fans).

toymanIN
09-03-2001, 10:58 AM
OK everybody, I have some BIG news that I need all of you to respond to right away. Over the weekend, by chance or the will of the force, I happened to meet the president of the Indy Knights. Let me just say that he is a hell of a guy and is willing to welcome our group with open arms into their group. We shared our ideas and thoughts on each others groups as well as talked about the future of Star Wars here in Indy. Let me just say that they have some VERY EXCITING things going on now and in the future. We have all been invited to their next meeting at 7PM this Wednesday night at his house. If any of you can come please e-mail me right away and I'll get you directions. I would love for all of us to be able to attend this turning point for our group. If you want more info on their group check out www.indyknights.com or you can read their forums on www.theforce.net under the fan force section.

Incom4
09-03-2001, 01:18 PM
Hello fellow collectors,

My name is Ron and Iam the president of the Indy Knights. I want to personally invite you to the Indy Knights meeting on Wend. September 5 at 7pm. I e-mailed toymanIN the directions. This is a very exciting time for our group. We currently have 20 active members that attend the meeting regularly and another 10 members who live outside of the city and cannot always attend. I and the other members look forward to meeting all of you and hope you will want to join the two groups. Our current members age ranges from 18 to 37. There are collectors, EU readers, Strick Canon, RPG, CCG and costumers in our group. We look forward to seeing you Wend. September 5.

Ron
Incom4
Predident of the Indy Knight "Hoosier Daddy, Luke?"

Boba Binks
09-04-2001, 08:11 AM
I would like to see what this meeting has to offer. If I can make it, I will be there.

Boba Binks
09-05-2001, 04:26 PM
Just thinking of our upcoming trip we are trying to put together. Here are some good days of Star Wars intrest:

Saturday, September 22
Star Wars: Visual Effects and Industrial Light & Magic Paul Huston, Digital Artist, ILM
1 p.m., Little Theater
$5 Members, $6 Seniors/Students, $7 Nonmembers
Space limited. For tickets, call 419-243-7000 or 888-763-7486

Friday, September 30
Hero Mythology in Art and Popular Culture Jeffrey Brown, Professor of Popular Culture, Bowling Green State University
1 p.m., Little Theater
Dr. Brown presents an overview of heroic themes shared in both classic art and popular culture from Hercules to Harry Potter. Using the Museumís adjunct exhibition to Star Wars: The Magic of Myth as well as other examples, he will describe the enduring appeal of heroic legends.
Free lecture

Sunday, October 7
Star Wars and Its Impact on Popular Culture Steve Sansweet,author and director of content management and fan relations for Lucasfilm
1 p.m., Little Theater
Booksigning following lecture
$5 Members, $6 Seniors/Students, $7 Nonmembers
Space limited

Sunday, October 28
Halloween Fantasy 1-4 p.m.
Annual TMA Halloween family day. Come in your favorite hero costume. Enjoy hands-on activities and the exhibition Star Wars: The Magic of Myth.

Sunday, November 4
The Archaeology of Star Wars David West Reynolds, author and archaeologist who rediscovered the site in Tunisia where the first Star Wars film was made.
1 p.m., Little Theater
Book signing following lecture
$5 Members, $6 Seniors/Students, $7 Nonmembers; Space limited

The Bald Ewok
09-05-2001, 04:30 PM
Hey whats up everyone!! Man o' man I have missed out on a lot!! I lost my phone service due to the weather on 8-30-01. Therefore, I couldnt call or check the net!! If you called my house and got a busy signal or whatever, I apologize for the incovience. Believe me, it was hello going without a phone for 7 days. But I am back now!! Okay about the indy knights meeting, I can not do it. I have to work at night so that puts me out. Its too bad, I would have like to meet some more people. Unfortuantely thats the way things work out. So it looks like the 23 is our date for the ohio trip??!! thats cool! Well I have to go to work!! take care everyone!!

PS toyman dont worry about the figs, I found a website that had them, and I ordered them. I appreciate you keeping an eye out for them! Still looking for a bwing though!

Peace
The bald ewok

Boba Binks
09-06-2001, 01:50 PM
toymanIN, mastervader, and myself attended the Indy Knights meeting last night. I can say it was a real treat to see so many Star Wars fans in one apartment. It was very entertaining and informational. We learned alot of stuff! :D

I can say that this group is very well organized and have open arms to allow our group to join in as a sub group from theirs for larger matters. But the decision is up to toymanIN since he is our leader.

If you did not attened the meeting, on Monday toymanIN, mastervader, and myself can fill you in.

Thank you Indy Kngihts for alowing us to come. I am looking foward to the next meeting and creating my own Indy Knights lightsaber.

May The Force Be With You!

mastervader
09-06-2001, 09:16 PM
I to would like to thank the Indy Knights for letting the Sith invade their meeting last night. Great group of people, with great enthusiasium and love for the Star Wars Universe. I am looking foward to having some of their members join us at our next meeting on Monday. :cool:

Incom4
09-07-2001, 11:24 AM
I will be at the meeting on Monday and so will Xizor and JedimasterDan. The last IK meeting was "buisness busy" and there was not alot of collector chat time. I look forward to sitting down with you guys and talking on Monday.

See you then

toymanIN
09-07-2001, 09:18 PM
I too would like to thank the IK's for letting us join them in their meeting this past Wednesday. Sorry I had to rush out like that, I am now working nights at TRU (only for a month) which kind of puts my personal life in a bind at times. I am looking forward to hosting other members this coming Monday night and am all for our group joing the IK's as a subgroup. We will put it to a vote at the next meeting. Until then, MTFBWY.

Incom4
09-12-2001, 07:29 PM
Great meeting guys! I really has a great time. I would like to say thanks to Boba Binks for bringing his friend. It was very interesting to here about the inner workings of Kenner.

The first lightsaber club meeting is this Saturday the 15 please check here .Lightsaber club (http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=4066928&replies=3)

Thanks to MasterVader for the trades and I will have your other items this week.

The Bald Ewok
09-13-2001, 11:00 AM
I just wanted to say thanks to the Indy Knights for their gracious visit to our humble club. It was entertaining and informative to have them to be a part of us. They are very good people and definetaly would be very very good friends. I would love to go to a IK meeting, however I need a schedule of events that take place. Our next sith council meeting will take place in the Max Kade room. Which is located on the first floor inside the building. Thanks again to the Indy Knights!

Peace!

Boba Binks
09-13-2001, 11:41 AM
What door do we go through for the next meeting? Front, back, ect.
Nancy said she had a wonderful time talkiing to the group. She told me to tell everyone that she is sorry it took so long. She did not mean to talk so much. But since everyone was asking question I told her it was fine.

So who is getting the ticket for theMagic of Myth in Toledo? We need to get that person the money so he / she an get the tickets by this week or it might be to late to get them in the mail.
I think you can call the museum and buy tickets a day in advance and they will hold them until we get there.

Incom4
09-14-2001, 12:57 PM
Hey guys,

Just got back from Super Target on Southport road. I was hoping to find another Shimi set but insted they now have Vader Emperors Wrath, Solo Death Star Escape and Luke X-wing. They had a total of 6 sets I picked up two so there are 4 left.

Boba Binks
09-20-2001, 10:59 AM
If anyone is planning on attending the Sith Council - Toledo Trip to the Magic of Myth exhibit this Sunday (Sept. 30, 2001)... PLEASE E-MAIL BRAD (toymanIN) to let him know how many tickets to get held.
Now, all we need is someone with a credit card to hold the tickets for us at the door. All that attend wll all give this person money for the cost of the tickets.

Boba Binks
09-24-2001, 07:22 AM
Well, I had fun Sunday going to Toledo and stoping at all the Wal-Marts on the way back. :)
The Strom was neat but very rough.
We need to do another road trip in the future.

The Bald Ewok
09-24-2001, 02:05 PM
Sorry guys for not getting a hold of anyone. Unfortunately work pretty much had me to a stand still. I am still trying to catch up with last week and weekend. HEY very impt news!! We are meeting in one of the rooms. Its on the first floor, in the anthenuem. To get to the room, you have to go to the front of the building, to the rathskeller canopy. There is an elevator, take to the 1st floor. After exiiting, make a right and there is a long hallway, are room is located on the right. Currently it is being remodeled so bear with it for now. Just in case nobody gets this quick enough, I will be outside for a bit. If anybody knows of the indy knights appearing, let them know were we are meeting!

Peace

The Bald Ewok
09-24-2001, 02:58 PM
Nevermind, I take that back about that room. We are meeting in the big room! I guess there was an emergency with the room upstairs, therefore we are meeting in the Kellersal. If you go into the garden, and walk to the bar (green door) and go down the stairs, the ballroom sits on the other side of the bar. You really cant miss it, because its a huge room. Once again, I will be outside, so I will direct people as they come in!

Boba Binks
09-24-2001, 04:04 PM
Thannks for the update.
See you tonight! :)

mastervader
09-24-2001, 09:41 PM
Sorry I missed the meeting. I have a sick child to take of. Talk to all of you soon.:(

TaunTaun
09-25-2001, 10:17 PM
Sorry I missed the meeting and the trip. My dad had an operation and I had to help him out recently. Which put me out of the loop in communication this weekend.

But, I missed the meeting tonight because our current landlord is showing our house to prospective tenants. That meant our two vicious dogs couldn't be there so I had to take them out for an hour or so right at 6 o'clock. But, I'm looking forward to see if anyone got videotape of the Toledo trip!

Boba Binks
09-26-2001, 07:22 AM
No video, but lots of pictures of the exhibit.
Hope your dad is feeling better.

Boba Binks
09-30-2001, 07:56 PM
So, who is going to the Indy Knights meeting on Wednesday Oct. 3rd?
I am.
Anyone else?

I just do not want to be the only one representing the Sith Council.

The Bald Ewok
09-30-2001, 08:24 PM
I want to go, but with my current schedule, I cannot. However, I am thinking about calling in sick that night. If I do, I will need directions!

The Bald Ewok
09-30-2001, 08:33 PM
Hey also...has anybody posted on the group things? I have, but I cant get the darn thing to work!
Also, I was given a tip tonight as to where to find more of the 300th Boba fetts...if it lives to be true, I am going to pick one up (yeah still dont have one) but if anybody else wants one let me know, and I will get one for you!

The Bald Ewok
09-30-2001, 08:58 PM
One more thing...I have a new member joining us on our next meeting Woo Hoo!!

Boba Binks
10-01-2001, 06:56 AM
Hope you find a Boba Fett!

The Indy Knights meeting will be at Sebulba-X's house.
I have the directions if you need them. He lives on the East side of town. (East Washington St).

The Bald Ewok
10-04-2001, 01:55 PM
Whats up everyone! Sorry for not goint to the meeting last night. I did call in sick, but I ended up having some personal things happen, so I stayed home. Well hey, the rumor is true...if anybody is looking for a 300th fett....they are at the funco land on 16th street. In the speedway shopping center. There was a least 10 left...so go them if you are looking for more! Also while I was down there, I preordered the Rogue Squadron 2. When it comes out, I want to have a TV set up for our meeting so if anybody wants to check it out they can! Our new member will be shane mason! And I am still looking for others!! I like to get Doug who owns all the downtown comics to come, but his schedule sometimes doesnt allow for that to happen. Who knows, maybe someday he can! Also nobody is doing the Yahoo groups??

peace!

Boba Binks
10-04-2001, 02:12 PM
The Indy Knights meeting was good. The talked about some new Admendments for the ByLaws and other stuff. I will bring a copy of my notes from the meeting to our Monday meeting.

Some really good info on the Star Wars Celebration 2!!!

I also order the Rouge Squadron 2 Game for the Nintendo Cube. I got mine at TRU. Has anyone found a store that is actually pre-selling the Nintendo Cube?

Well, talk to you later.

Incom4
10-05-2001, 09:47 PM
Hey all I was at KB Toys at Eastgate mall tonight and they have some Simpsons figs I thought I would let you know about.

Pin Pal Homer
Ralph Wiggum
Lenny
Groundskeeper Willie
Patty
Homer Underware
Itchy and Scratchy

I have not seen these before but I normally don't look for Simpsons either.

Cost $7.99

Boba Binks
10-05-2001, 11:12 PM
Have those Simpson figures.

I updated my site a bit today. I now have (most of) my collection posted. You can check it out at

http://www.members.home.net/dsyczylo1/index.htm

Let me know what you think.
The power of the Collecting Side has got me and it will not let go! :)

The Bald Ewok
10-06-2001, 08:51 AM
You know boba binks, I have scoured the whole city and nobody is taken preorders for the cube. It appears that there is a bad taste in the mouth after that Playstation 2 fiasco. I was assured that each vendor would have enough of them to meet the demand, I just dont relish the idea that if they do run out. I have to run all over the city to find one. I guess time will tell!

PS is there any new news on the Simpson movie???

Boba Binks
10-06-2001, 12:40 PM
According to nintedo.com the Nintendo company is not doing any pre-sells on the Cube. :( That means I am going to have to pull some strings at TRU and get a certain person to hopfully help me out. ;) Hint! Hint!

I have not heard of a Simpson's Movie. It will be cool, if they do one!

If anyone is still looking for the Emperor 's Wrath Darth Vader, Han Solo, of X-Wing Luke the Wal-Mart on East Washington street has about six of each.

Well, talk to you later.

The Bald Ewok
10-06-2001, 04:55 PM
Hey boba binks...do me a favor and pick each one up for me. I havent gotten them yet, due to work. I will pay you on monday night. If you dont want to thats cool!

Peace!

Boba Binks
10-06-2001, 08:11 PM
If I see any more I will get them for you!

I found a place that will take your name down for the Nintendo Cube!! :) It is the FuncoLand on US31 (S. East Street) in the Target Plaza.
Their Address is 3778 S. East St. Indy, IN. 46227
(317) 780-1595
I put my name down and I am #6 on the list. They said their truck will come in on the 20th, of November and I am guaranted to have a Cube. I also put a Pre-Order on the Luigi's Mansion game. I have heard nothing but good things about this game and it is excpeted to be a sell outer.

They also had the Ketwol Wave of Star Wars figures and the 300th Boba Fett.

Also they had many of the new Lord of the Rings figures. I have been buying them, I have always been a fantasy meidevil fan.

mastervader
10-07-2001, 10:49 AM
Sorry I've been outta touch recently everybody. I've been sick and havent been on my 'puter for about a week. I was sad to miss the IK meeting on Wednesday, but I will be in at the Sith meeting tomorrow. See you all Monday.

The Bald Ewok
10-07-2001, 09:45 PM
Hey Boba Binks, let me know if you picked up those figs so that way I can give you money tomorrow!

Boba Binks
10-08-2001, 07:07 AM
When I went back to Wal-Mart they only had one Luke left. So I picked him up. No luck with the other two figs.

The Bald Ewok
10-09-2001, 04:04 PM
Ok, whats wrong with our group. For the last two weeks attendance has been really low. I know things do come up, but a lot of people have not been showing up. Any ideas on what we can do to fix this?

Boba Binks
10-09-2001, 05:56 PM
Free Beer!!! :D

Um, I do not know. I hope we are still to be a functioning group, even if only three or four of us are still attending regularly.

So at the next meeting, Oct 22. Lets have a little Halloween type theam. If anyone wants to dress up this is your chance!

Well, I am out of suggestions.
I need to get back to doing homework.

toymanIN
10-09-2001, 07:22 PM
Hey everybody! I'm back!! Sorry I didn't make it to the meeting last night. We had just got back and I had to work the graveyard shift AGAIN! Florida was great despite the fact that it sucks your wallet dry. So it sounds like I didn't miss much at the meeting. Has anyone been able to find the Target Speederbike yet? I read on my phone (yes I FINALLY got a cell, and it's got wireless web- it's really cool!) last week that they were out and immediatly went out looking for Targets in South Florida. Found nothing. By the way, does the Target open tomorrow? I'm going to hit there early in the morning on my way home from work.

The Bald Ewok
10-10-2001, 01:17 PM
Hey guys an idea pop into my head...enjoy this one it might be awhile before I get another! JK Anyways, who would be up to going together as a group and hitting some of the haunted houses around town? Usually me and my wife do it with a small crowd, but I was thinking what about our group. We can take our significant others and it would be a great opputunity for them to meet each other! Wadda tink?

toymanIN
10-10-2001, 05:52 PM
I'm all for it! Getting everyone together on the same night before Halloween gets here may be another issue though. Let's start throwing somes dates and times around so we can get this going. Through the week may be better than trying to get to one on a weekend due to crowds.

Has anyone noticed how much our two threads have grown recently. We're finally on a roll now.

Boba Binks
10-10-2001, 07:22 PM
Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday ngihts are bad for me. Any other day would be good. Maybe. I will have to check my schedule for that week.

Is anyone going to the Indy Night DVD/ Halloween/ Cookout on the 20th? It is at Ron's House. It will be lots of fun!!!

I am going to be there. As always, I do not want ot be the only Sith Council member there.....

The Bald Ewok
10-11-2001, 08:09 PM
I want to, but I have to work. Hopefully it will rain that night and my services wont be required!!! So I am standing at a 50/50 chance. If it rains...definately I will be there...otherwise I will probably be listening to some bad lounge music (wendy reed and the anita cocktail band)...cry for me my brothers! Oh by the way, I did send you an email Boba binks and thank you again!! You are a life saver. Thats why I make it mandatory to pay a convenience fee, I hate seeing good deeds go unnoticed! One more thing, is the IK's meeting once a month or every wednesday? If its every wednesday then my chances of going to one this month is possible, since the weather has gotten colder. I want to go to one sooooo bad, but because I am stuck in my current position at work, I have to sweat it out till Nov.

till then
PEACE!!

Boba Binks
10-12-2001, 07:23 AM
Cool! Glad to help.

The Indy Knights meeting are only once a month. Um, I believe thet are the first Wednesday of every month.
Have to check out http://www.indyknights.com/ for more info.

The Bald Ewok
10-17-2001, 05:49 PM
Hey boba binks...the EW Vader does glow in the dark. I pratically melted the clear plastic around vader but hey it does work....its kinda cool!

Boba Binks
10-17-2001, 06:09 PM
No, mine still does not glow in the dark. I am thinking I might buy a second one.

So who here is going to the DVD party this Saturday at Ron's House?

I bought my copy of Episode 1 on DVD. It is really neat with all the extra stuff. The credits on the extra scenes section is great. I wish they would of inserted the Maul flip into the battle. The Gungan who does teh B**ch slapping to a Droid is funny too.
Some great things to watch. I highly recomend buying this if you have a DVD player.
Some of the extra scenes are pretty lame. I can see why they were left out.

Boba Binks
10-23-2001, 12:12 PM
Hey Great Turn-out last night! It was the Sith Council's second Largest yet!
It was alot of fun.
Can't believe we stayed until they pretty much threw us out at 10pm. Can't wait until next time.

Rounds are on you guys! :) HA! HA! HA!

See you at the next meeting.

The Bald Ewok
10-23-2001, 10:11 PM
hey boba binks...did you read any of the EP2 story line at www.aintitcoolnews.com? I would like to hear your feedback on it!

toymanIN
10-24-2001, 08:30 PM
So did everyone get to see the new card photo over at Rebelscum of EPII? I personally think it looks great. The blue is really a nice color. I'm just wondering if that is an actual EPII figure or just a mock up.
In other news, the official celebration website is now up and running. But don't worry about registering. Ron has that taken care of for us.
I too would like to thank everyone who showed up at the last meeting. Great turnout! I'm just sorry I had to leave so early- my head was killing me.

The Bald Ewok
10-24-2001, 08:49 PM
Hey boba binks, if you like me to, I will keep an eye out for another EW vader for ya??!!

mastervader
10-24-2001, 10:16 PM
I like the new style card alot. I wish the blister wasn't so big. That might make things a little tricky storing carded figures. Maybe they made the blister bigger so that it gives the appearence that we're buying more toy and they can raise prices by a buck or two again?

Boba Binks
10-25-2001, 07:33 AM
Nope! I have seen the Vaders all over the plae lately. I can pick one up.

I have not looked at that web site yet. I pretty much have been avoiding all E2 news so I won't spoil it for myself. But with it just around the corner it is going to be very hard to do so.

The new package is great! Finally a Blue color. You are probably right about he blister being so big. But I have been hearing that the new figures in this package will be coming wiht an action figure stand. I hope so. That would be the best packin yet.

Well, I need to go to work. Talk to you later.

Boba Binks
10-28-2001, 08:44 AM
HOLY SH*T! I saw the Teaser Trailer for E2! It does not show alot but from the parts it shows it makes you want ot see more!!! It is just a black screen with Vader's Breatheing on a black screne, then a scene, Vader's Breathing w/ black sreen, a scene, ect. it alternates like this several times. The lightsaber battle at the end looks very cool. The CGI Yoda does not look that bad! Great scenes!!
If you want to see this trailer go to Kerasotes Theaters on South East St. off of I-465. I went there last night to see "Thirteen Ghosts" which is a sucky movie. But anyways in the lobby they have the big screen above the snackbar and they showed the trailer! AWSOME!!! I wonder when someone will have it to download!?!
I can't wait until Fridyat to see Monsters Inc. just to see this trailer with the surrond sound speakers. I wonder if I can sneak in my digital camera and record it?

The Bald Ewok
10-29-2001, 09:15 PM
Hey sounds good there Boba binks!!! I havent had the chance to check it out yet, but I will. Is the Ep2 trailer better than Ep1 trailer? Oh, and I am still planning to go to the IK meeting wednesday night...therefore we need to get together and plan on car pooling!

Boba Binks
10-30-2001, 07:21 AM
Yeah, the meeting is Wednesday November, 7th. If you want to take one car and go together why not meet at my house and I can drive. I think it would be easier to do that since you live on the west side and I live more twords the south-west side near the airport. I will give you my address and a map on how to get to my house. That way you can see my Star Wars collection.

I got some e-mails today from some friends and fellow Star Wars geeks saying right now Kerasotes Theaters is not showing any previews right now in the lobby. They put up a big replicas of the Monsters Inc characters and they are covering up the big screen. :(
Also. I was hoping Friday would be a cold day so I could sneak in my digital camera and record the trailer. But now it looks like I will not be able to. It will be to warm to wear a jacket. :mad:

Boba Binks
10-31-2001, 08:13 PM
:eek: Oh boy everybody, I just got something fowarded in an e-mail from Nancy that you will not believe. :eek:

I will re-type and catagorize it tomorrow and bring several copies with me to Monday's meeting so everyone can have a copy. It is very, very neat!

** If I see you at Kerasotes Theaters this Friday when I go see Monsters Inc. I will give you a copy. I am going to see the first showing that day.

Boba Binks
11-02-2001, 06:18 AM
After my dentist appointment this morning I will be going to see Monsters Inc. I will probably see the 11am or or 11:30am showing. If not those two the 12-noon for sure.

Electronics Boutique has the Deluxe Luke and Maul figures.
TRU on 38th Street has many of the Tie Inteceptors.
Most Taregets have the 12" Luke w/ Speederbike
K-marts have remodeled the toy section and there is not any place to put deluxe figures.

The Bald Ewok
11-05-2001, 02:51 PM
Hey everyone!! If you read this, and see somebody or know somebody that is going to the meeting tonight let them know that we will NOT be meeting in the ballroom. I have us a private room!!! Woohoo. There is a camaro club tonight and I dont think we want to meet with some mullets as they listen to their skynyrd albums!! JK Anyways, the room is on the 1st floor. If you go into the Rathskeller in front, not in the garten but up front. There is an elevator, take it to the first floor, make a right and we will be on the right down the hall. You cant miss it!!! Its a real nice room and I hope that we can make this our permenant place till the summer!!!

Boba Binks
11-05-2001, 07:48 PM
Cool to meet the new guy Greg. He has alot of cool replicas that he has made. Keep up the good work.

Talk to you all later.

Boba Binks
11-07-2001, 09:58 PM
I am glad that The Bald Ewok and ToymanIN had a good time today viewing my collection. I am sorry that Master Vader and Alex could not make it today. Hopefully soon.

It was a fun time. My dog Maxi really likes The Bald Ewok. She kept trying to lick him on the face. :)

Well, talk to you later.

The Bald Ewok
11-08-2001, 04:41 PM
Hello everyone!! I have the news that everybody wants to know!! December 5 for the Indy Knights meeting is set and....I have us a room for the 16th!!! Woohoo!!! Sorry its a sunday, but believe me saturday was completely booked!! The room will be the Damaniaverian room (try saying that one real fast), and it should accomodate everyone, however if it doesnt I have us a back up room. I need to know about how many people plan to show so that way I can have the room set. Also I need a time, so that way I can set the room up for us!!

Thanks goes to Boba Binks for being an excellent host. Without a doubt Boba Binks collection is a sight to behold!! I am still trying to pick up my jaw from it hitting the ground. Boba Binks is an artist with everything he displays. Believe me, this guy is collection is phenomenal!! What can I say, he is a great guy all around!!! Hey Boba binks...I think me and your dog have something! JK!

I want to give a shout out to the IK and Gail for her hospitality!! I can see why IK are number one, because it shows up in the people who are involved with the club. I am so gratefull to be a part of such an awesome group. Rob (the President of IK) has much to be proud of because he has done a fantastic job and I applaud him for his efforts!!!

Well if anybody has any questions email me or call me this sunday!

PEACE!

Incom4
11-08-2001, 06:34 PM
Thanks BE for the fast info!!!! have some questions for you:

First the X-mas party...Sunday is fine

1. Can we bring food for a pitch in dinner for the X-mas party
a. If not how much per plate for a catered buffet
2. What is the policy on minors in that part of the building
3. Can we have a TV with a VCR set up for movies
4. What is the seating capacity of the room
5. Can we decorate the room with a tree and possible streamers
6. What is the time can we have the room...to/from

General Meeting

1. The first meeting we will need to have there will be on Jan. 2 2002 is that ok.

2. Our general meeting is the first Wend of each month from 7:00 to 11:00pm. Can we set up for a few months ahead and are the times ok

The Bald Ewok
11-08-2001, 08:36 PM
I can answer your questions for ya now!!

1. YES!!
2.If you wanted to go that route it can go from 12 to 25 dollars per plate not including room charge etc. (the guy that runs the place is GREEDY!)
3. Minors are allowed, the only place they are not is in the bar for obvious reasons
4. Allready ahead of you on that...yeah I have one for us!!
5. Its a brand new room thats been restored so I dont know yet, but I would say about 60 to 70 people. If we need more I have us an even bigger room that can hold 200!
6. Yes you can, but more than likely the room will already be decorated!
7. We can have it anytime after 10am, however I will need time to set up tables and chairs.

As to the meeting on the 2nd, yep its ok!

I am going to try to keep us up to months, however if a party wants that particular room and they are going to pay for it then we will have to move. No matter what, I will always have a room for us!! The times are fine as well!!

The Bald Ewok
11-08-2001, 08:40 PM
still cursing...and waving his right hand violently "I cant believe that EP2 trailer is on that Damn Harry Potter movie!!!"

Boba Binks
11-09-2001, 06:03 PM
Cool info about the rooms.

You are complaingn about the Trailer on the Harry Potter movie!?! How about us, who do not have a working DVD drive on our computers to see the trailer that is on the E1 dvd?
Also, since we are on the topic of the Harry Potter movie... I can say only two good things about it right now, The Effects are ILM and the Music is by John Williams! As for the story, I am right there with you. It is Harry Potter.
Hey! At least it was not a Pokemon movie or something. :)

I am glad you liked my collection. I will always remember the kind words you posted.

The Bald Ewok
11-12-2001, 05:27 PM
Whats up everyone!!?? Has anyone talked to any of the IK people? I havent heard a peep from them about if the room is going to work. I was kind of wondering about that. Anyways, did anybody see the new trailer? Whaccha tink?? I LOVED it, EP2 is going to rock!! Love the much improved humor as well. Till then peace!

The Bald Ewok
11-12-2001, 08:01 PM
Oh hey Boba Binks...I finally got around to play that demo at TRU and man that game is gonna rock!! The only downside was that the guy working there wouldnt turn up the volume!! I really wanted to hear what they say during the game. Man, I cannot wait any longer!!

Boba Binks
11-12-2001, 08:33 PM
Hey The Bald Ewok! I told you the demo was nice. You have to go to a TRU that has the sound turned on. It is just awsome! I am going to be at Wal-Mart at 12:01 to buy my system.
Maybe I will have to bring in the Nintendo Cube system and the game to the next Sith Council meeting. I will let you know.

As for teh Indy Knights Christmas Party.... Check out this link from the forums they use.
http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=4702659&replies=5

It looks like it is ok.

The Bald Ewok
11-12-2001, 09:19 PM
Thanks Boba Binks!! I checked it out and they seemed to be pleased. Hey, I never did find out what I owe you for the Comm Stormie and the new Sandtrooper. Also, do you know of any sites where I can pick up the Emperor w/ lightening? I finally going to pick one up, if its available somewhere. And as to the TV for the next meeting. I will have one for us! You know, I am in a pickle. Shelley doesnt want me to pick up the GC because she wants to get it for me for christmas, but I cant wait that long!! I think I will buy it and not tell her or something!! JK!!

Also...I need to make a note, sorry Ron, president of IK, for misspelling your name, I had wrote your name as Rob and I didnt proofread that night. Usually I dont anyways, but let that serve as a reason! Anyway, my sincerest apology to you sir!!

Boba Binks
11-13-2001, 07:29 AM
I paid $7.23 for the Sandtroopeer and $5.50 for the Commtech Stormtrooper. I will bring them to the next meeting.

As for the Emperpr with lightning bolts... I just got one from e-bay for $5.00 plus shipping, it is the Flshback version. Toys-R-Us also had one with a coin.
I have not seen any of the two in stores for a long time. Your best bet is e-bay or find someone who has them for trade.

Boba Binks
11-16-2001, 06:47 AM
The new trailer is good. I like it.
Today I will go see it on the big screen with my nephew when we go see harry potter.
Also if anyone is interested, the Indy Knights are having a movie outing on Saturday to go see Harry Potter at Circle Center Mall. Visit www.indyknights.com to find out more.

Boba Binks
11-18-2001, 10:14 AM
Well, Harry Potter was good movie but no Star Wars trailer.
I got my Game Cube last night so I am happy.
Nothing else new.

The Bald Ewok
11-18-2001, 07:04 PM
Ohhh I dont want to hear about that Boba Binks. You are getting me jealouse over here. I have to wait till christmas for mine. I pleaded and pleaded, and did everything I could, but she said NO!! Anyways, I cant wait to see everybody tommorrow. We are meeting the Damenvarien room, so let everyone else know if you see them. Also, we need a tv tommorrow correct?

PS Boba Binks, whats up with your web page. The last few times I uploaded it, it wasnt there!! Any Ideas?

Boba Binks
11-19-2001, 06:26 AM
Sure I wll bring in the game cube. I am on stage four and it is very hard. The first three stages were very simple.

When you try to go to my web page hit the refresh button on your browser. I have had some people say they could not access it but when they refreshed it it was fine.
Right now Excite the company who does the Internet Service for Comcast is out of business. Comcast said that they will still provide service but things might get messed up.
You will notice I put a link to the Sith Council on the main page.
Carrie stil needs to fix it a bit but it is up there.

*Also are you typing inthe correct address? http://www.members.home.net/dsyczylo1/index.htm

Tonight I will bring in on CD the Star Wars Trailers if anyone wnats them. They are all the LARGE version. All I ask is $1.00 for the cost of the cd.

Also for The Bald Ewok I will bring in your CommChip Stormtrooper and Sandtrooper. I also have another figure I picked up that I think you might be interested in. I paid $8.99 for it at a comic store.

See you tonight!

toymanIN
11-19-2001, 08:49 AM
Sorry I've been off of the forums lately. I have my home computer unburied now.

For trade material tonight, does anyone have a MOMC Plo Koon. I still need that damn figure. If so e-mail me or reply to the post or just bring it to the meeting tonight. Also, David, I'll take one of those CD's with the trailers.

See you guys tonight!

Boba Binks
11-19-2001, 02:20 PM
Hey guys, I am still stuck at school right now. I might just leave from here to go to the meeting. Bald Ewok, I might show up around pm or so. That way we can get the tv and set it up.

mastervader
11-19-2001, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the CD Boba Binks! It worked great and the trailers are AWESOME!!!!!!!! Could this EP2 be better than...dare I say it....ESB!!!

Boba Binks
11-20-2001, 01:05 PM
I am glad the CD works. :)

I hooked up my Game Cube at home and it wokrs just fine. It was just the tv making it crap out.

TRU has lowered the price of the 12" Dewback to $29.99 in Chicago. Maybe this will mean our stores will follow.

Well, I went and got the Sith Council T-Shirts ordered today. They are Black (50% Cotton / 50% Polly) with the Sith Happens Logo in Red on the front.
size XL (one size fits all).
Hopefully they will be done before the December 17th meeting.
If anyone wants one they will be $15.00 each.

Well, talk to you all later.

Incom4
11-21-2001, 03:24 PM
Put me down for one!!!

I wish I could get to the SC meeting...

Is it ok if I give you the money at the December IK meeting?

whojedi
11-21-2001, 07:14 PM
Speaking of the 12" Dewback, TRU in Castleton has about twenty of them and they ARE price at $29.99. Picked up mine 2day. I live about two minutes from there if anybody is interested or can't make it up themselves.

They also had the Bacta Tank Luke and Darth Maul with Attack Droid along with some figures I hadn't seen around alot.

Jay

Boba Binks
11-22-2001, 07:30 AM
That will be fine Incom4!

Nice to meet you Jay. The Greenwood TRU stillhas the Dewbacks for $79. I do not need one. I got mine from Amazon.com when they were $29. a few months ago. But I will let people kow about the Castleton store.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

The Bald Ewok
11-22-2001, 07:45 AM
Whats up everybody?? Happy thanksgiving to everyone. I must say that I am thankful to have met everybody and to be a part of such great clubs, the IK and the Sith Council!! So thats what I am thankful this year! Last night I ran into TaunTaun. He said that he has been really busy of late so thats why he hasnt made it. He said that is going to try to make them again, plus the IK if possible. He is still very interested in doing some volunteer work for the celebration.

Other news, there is a IK's christmas party Dec. 16 in the Damevarien rooom! Its a pitch in, so bring your fav dish. It starts at 3 I believe, and family is welcomed!!!

Hey Boba binks, on the Force lighting Emperor, what card was that, freeze frame, commtech etc.? I couldnt remember, and I am going to hunt for one down on the web. Well that wraps up my news for now!
Everybody have a fun holiday and may the force be with you christmas shopping!

Peace

Boba Binks
11-22-2001, 01:10 PM
There are actually three different force lightning Emperor's.

#1 - The one that I needed but just found was the Flashback version. I got him off of e-bay for $4.00 plus $3.00 shipping. NOT BAD! It was a new scult with legs. A nice figure for the time.

#2 - This version was from the Toys-R-Us Millennium Mint Coin figures that they had back in 1997 or 1998 I believe. This version was basically the regular Empror with lightning.

#3 - was the deluxe figure with light up Lightning bolts that came out in 1996 or 1997. TRU stores had lots of them last year during the Star Wars blow out sale they had.

So how is going to go to the December Indy Knights meeting? I am going. It is at Karens house this time. She lives off of I-465 right behind the Dennys and Bob Evans.
Then I believe after that they will be at our Sith Council metting spot. More room for the bunch.

Still not sure if I can make the IK Christmas party.

Boba Binks
11-25-2001, 05:07 PM
Hello? Anyone out there?

Well, just thought I would let you know if you are looking for older POTF2 figures the K-Mart in Greenwood had a Tie Fighter for $4.99. I picked it up in a heart beat! :)
Also they had a few of the older figures like He-Man Luke, Monkey Leia, Vader, none of them with good variations. They were all on water damaged cards but if you are looing for them to open, why not?

Well, talk to you later.

The Bald Ewok
11-25-2001, 07:18 PM
Hey I am here!! Wassup Binks???

Cool find on the TIEs!! Was there any left? If so I might pick up a couple!! Did you ever get your FX-7 wave?? I ended up emailing Bowman enterprises and traded the Lando (thank you again) for FX-7. I hope to get that soon. Also, I auctioned for a Emperor, the one I was looking for. So far, I have him for dirt cheap, I dont think I will beat your price, but I will be somewhat close!!

One more thing, Boba Binks, have you checked out rebelscum.com?? Phillip Wise has posted pics of his display, and they look swwwweeeeetttt!!! Check them out and see what I am talking about! However, I am still in awe over your displays!!! Believe me everyone, Boba binks has ONE HELL of a display for his figs. It will totally blow you away!! I know that it did for me and some other guys!

The Bald Ewok
11-25-2001, 07:52 PM
Hey binks, I was going to send a pm through ssg, but they said that I cant because you are not allowed!!??? Whats up?

The Bald Ewok
11-25-2001, 08:16 PM
Binks I have more fer ya!! Check out the videogames forums here, somebody has posted the extra ships you can play as, and how you get them!!!

Boba Binks
11-26-2001, 06:06 AM
Yeah I saw Phillips collection. If I had a place where I could turna big room into a museum I would. Believe you me! :)
My jaw hit the ground when I saw the pictures. I wonder how he got some of te stuff that is in his collection. WOW! :eek:

No the K-Mart only had one POTF2 Tie Fighters. I wish they had more. They probably still have some of the figures left.

I will have to check out the video game thread.

As for PM I guess I do not have that set up. I will have to change that.

Well, I will talk to you later.

Incom4
11-27-2001, 08:24 PM
Hey Boba Binks,

The "People Watching You" on TF.N is a good thing. I try "watch" all the IK so I am probably one "watching " you. Basically it notifies you when there is a new post and also it populates names into the "Private Message" feature. You can click on the "who is watching you" and see who is watching you. It will also show you the last time they logged in and posted. I use this feature to re-invite people that have not logged in to the forums in awhile.

Boba Binks
11-28-2001, 01:41 PM
Oh. OK! I thought that I did somethig wrong and TFN was watching like I was evil or something. So it is a good thing then.
That is a relief.
I was kicked off the TFN forums a year or two just because C****n did not like my view on something so he banned me.
Anyways there is nothing for me to worry about. Plus I do ot do anything against the rules except hint at cuss words. :)
Talk to you later.

Boba Binks
11-29-2001, 05:38 PM
Hey Sith Council! Cari is working on getting me hooked up with some ftp stuff so I can upload things to our web site when needed!
Be sure to thank her next time you see her.
She will not be at this meeting, she has a class presentation to due.
I made something to help people find where we are. It is not perfect but it gets the point accross.

BIG TOY FIND TODAY!!! The Imperial Officer, Rebel Trooper, Quenn, and FX-7 are starting to hit Meijer stores along with the 12" Han, Imperial, Droid, the Deluxe figures (Luke and Maul), and Palm Talkers. I did not get them but I know two people at work who did. They got them at teh Meijers on teh North side of town. Whichever one that is!?!
I got to see them in person today, carded. They are really neat looking. A vast improvement since the Wizard World show.
Only if they would of opened them up so I caould get a good look.
Well, keep your eyes and pocket book open.

See you Monday!

toymanIN
11-29-2001, 09:24 PM
Awesome David!! It's about time somebody found something new in this town.
Also if anyone is interested, there is a person on Ebay selling an entire collection off piece by piece. His username is mymoneyblownonstarwars

There are some pretty rare pieces on there going for cheap the last time I checked. I just won five different figures from him for @20.00!

See everyone on Monday

Boba Binks
12-01-2001, 07:30 AM
I will have to check that out.

On e-bay I just grabed a Fan Club Cantina Band Member and Muftak & Kabe (both MIP) for $12.50. No bad!

Now if I can find the Jabba's Dancers three pack, and a set of the Jabba Band Members to put into my figure case. I am trying to have the case have one of each figure in it. Then I can fill up my dioramas.

Talk to you later.

Boba Binks
12-01-2001, 07:53 AM
Do not know if the rest of you know this but it has been confirmed that the Star Wars Fan Club will have a mail away exclusive in the second quarter of 2002 ( around MAY). It is a Stortrooper Builder Pack that contains TWO stormtroopers with Rifles. Similair to the ones from the CommTech series but modifeid slightly to make them different. How this modification will be different who knows, it could be that there is no battle damaged when put in water to a different pose. I for one will be trying to get a bunch of these guys to make my army bigger. What a dispaly I could make with more Stormtroopers. :stupid:

You can check out www.JediChris.net for information.

mastervader
12-01-2001, 12:13 PM
Boba Binks,
I've got Jabba Dancers for you! Email Incom4 re: Jabba band, he just emailed me that he found some at a Walmart somewhere.:eek:
Later Vader

Boba Binks
12-01-2001, 03:20 PM
Cool! I will e-mail you.

The Bald Ewok
12-01-2001, 05:12 PM
Yeah Boba binks, I did see that two pack of stormies for next year!! And like you need more!! J/K Hey I hope you dont mind but I put your web address up on SSG under best collections. Sorry, but I had to do it.. I am still impressed to this date! Also, if you see or plan to talk to any of the IK members let them know that we are meeting in the Damenvarien room on monday! Boba binks, if you want to bring your GC to the next meeting, the orginal tv/vcr is supposed to have a new remote for it by monday. However, just in case look for up to date info by me to let you know if its there or not.

see all you monday night!!!

Boba Binks
12-01-2001, 06:56 PM
Cool Thanks! I bet I get a few peole e-mailing me now to say what a great collection I have been acquiring. Thanks! :)
On my web site I updated some images of some Dioramas (Displays).

Well, I did not find any of the new figures today or yesterday. :(
The Greenwood Meijers had the X-Wing Luke wave.

I am starting to wonder about this new FX-7 wave. I think it will be hard to find. It is Collection 2 and the last wave (X-Wing Luke wave) was collection 2. So just how many stores will be getting in this wave I wonder!?!
Some are still stocked with the Luke wave.
If I do not find these figures by the middle of December I might just go buy a case off the internet somewhere.

I heard that some on-line stores have the 25th anniversay Luke & Leia and the Han & Chewbacca sets already. Maybe they will be hitting stores real soon. Well, at least more near Christmas.

Monday I have a story to tell that is funny and at the same time upsetting.
Talk to you later.

Incom4
12-02-2001, 01:06 PM
Hey MasterVader,

I will give Boba_Binks your Chewie and Security Battle Droid that I owe you.

Boba Binks
12-02-2001, 06:02 PM
I will giveit to him the next time I see him.
Do not worry MasterVader I will not open it up. :)

Boba Binks
12-04-2001, 10:08 AM
Small turnout last night!?!
It was nice to meet the new guy Jeff.

Thanks Ricky for te tour. It was prety neat. Also I enjoyed aour talk. I think we are long lost brothers. :)

The Bald Ewok
12-04-2001, 06:16 PM
WASSUP!!?? Nothing here thats for sure. Your welcome Boba binks for the tour...and I found out about the German sayings on the wall inside the restraunt they are as follows:

"Moderation is fine and good, but don't overdue it!"
"Life is earnest, but the arts are carefree!"

Anyways, Boba binks...I still think we are long lost twins or something! We are waaaayyy too much alike! And yeah, thanks for the convo, it was cool getting to know more about you!! Also, good luck on your tests this week, I am pulling for ya bro!

till next time,
peace

Boba Binks
12-05-2001, 01:04 PM
Well, today was my last day for Video Game Architecture Class. The exam was six essays and 25 fill in teh blanks. I think Ipassesd with a A. The 80 page design Doc that I had to do I got a 98% on it. I am happy.
Now I have one more class to go that ends next Wednesday, 3D.

Well, I will see The Bald Ewok tonight and hope to see some other Sith Council members too.

The Bald Ewok
12-05-2001, 09:04 PM
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!
I couldnt get the disk to work!!
Any suggestions Binks??

Boba Binks
12-05-2001, 09:43 PM
Um. I just stuck it into my computer CD drive and it played.
Try opening quicktime and then open teh disk? I am not sure.
You might have to ask Dan.

The Bald Ewok
12-05-2001, 09:46 PM
I tried that, but it said that it couldnt read it!!

Do you know Dan's email address?

Boba Binks
12-11-2001, 04:09 PM
12" Luke and Yoda at Wal-Marts stores!!!!
I found some and so did our Doctor Friend.

Check out those Wally-Worlds!

The prices is $29.98

Boba Binks
12-15-2001, 09:16 PM
Wal-Mart has the new FX-7 wave of figures!!! Including both variations of teh Imperial Officer.

I have a few extra that I am bringing to the Christams Party for those who need them.

mastervader
12-15-2001, 11:41 PM
Hey Boba Binks, can I get a few of those figs for the Jabba's Dancers? Later Mastervader

Boba Binks
12-16-2001, 11:03 AM
Yes! I already e-mailed you about it yesterday. I will have them at the Christmas Party today along with the figures that InCom gave me to give to you. I hope yo can make it.
See you later.

Boba Binks
12-18-2001, 04:57 PM
Hey Guys! I got back to Indy around 11pm last night.
I stopped at a few WM stores along the way and found nothing.
At one area I stopped in at an Antique & Toys Store and picked up an Empire Strikes Back Dengar on Card for $10.00.
Other than that nothing.
My sister told me that the Greenwood TRU has several of the Deluxe Leia'a and Amanamans today.
Well, talk to you later.

Boba Binks
12-22-2001, 08:20 AM
So is there going to be a Sith Council meeting next week? Maybe we can do it before the New Years so Ron can join in on teh fun.

Boba Binks
12-24-2001, 08:46 AM
I just got back from the Target on Southport and I-465. They have the Star Wars Collection 1 action figures on sale for $4.50 each. You can pick up Han Solo, Vader, and Luke! They also had a but load of the Shmi and Obi-Wan wave.

Happy Holidays!

Boba Binks
01-01-2002, 07:35 AM
One of my buddies on the east side said he saw at Target on East Wshington St. the 25th Anniversary 2-packs [Luke & Leia] [Han & Chewie], Eeth Koth, Snaggeltooth (Zutton), the Deluxe figures, and new legos.

The Bald Ewok
01-03-2002, 07:25 PM
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I dont want to hear about it Binks...I still want to bask in the glory that I found ananaman and leia...the thought that others are out is threatening to my self esteem!!! NNNNNOOOOO

actually thats cool.
I have something to look for now!!! :)

PS I finally got this thing to work for me!!

PPS I cant wait to roast some EP2 N'sync figures in the oven!!!

mastervader
01-04-2002, 09:29 AM
Walmart, Greenwood. Eeth Koth, Zutton, Imperial Officer, Fx-7, Queen Decoy.
Walmart, Franklin. Han/Chewie Anniversary, Luke/Leia Anniversary, Imperial Officer, Queen Decoy, Lando, R2-Q5, Tessek.
All found Friday Morning. Happy Hunting!!
P.S. I can't find a Rebel Trooper anywhere, suggestions?
Later Vader

The Bald Ewok
01-04-2002, 12:04 PM
NICE mastervader
as for the rebel trooper go to www.starwars.com and get it. They are retailing around 6.99 a fig plus you can get whatever quantaties you want!!

Boba Binks
01-04-2002, 01:57 PM
mastervader: Toyman and I must of just missed you today. We got some figures at both Wal-Marts you mentioned. I saw an unopened box of the Snag wave and there were not any Rebel Troopers in it.
It had X4 Eeth Koth, X4 Zutton, X2 FX-7, X1 Imperial Officcer, & X1 Queen.

Other than that nobody else had any new toys.

The next Sith Council Meeting is January 14!

The Bald Ewok
01-06-2002, 11:45 AM
Hey binks I will gladly take one of those zuttons!!

Boba Binks
01-06-2002, 11:52 AM
Sorry, I did not pick up any extra figures for trade, ect.
The Wal-Mart in Plainfiled has them on the pegs right now. I was told by a friend that this Wal-Mart has finally stocked big time. Also the Taget over there has all the new figures.

Boba Binks
01-07-2002, 12:06 PM
OHHHH!!!! DarhJin from CSW has an awsome signature!!

I think I have the SITH SENSE..."I see DARTH people."

DahrJin
01-07-2002, 12:36 PM
Thank you....Thank you...........:D

I thought of it one day when I was bored at work. I think it shows my sick and twisted sense of humor, well at least when it comes to SW that is......;)

Incom4
01-08-2002, 08:50 PM
Is anybody going to the Greater Indianapolis Garage Sale this weekend at the State Fair Grounds?

The Bald Ewok
01-08-2002, 10:27 PM
My family and I are planning to go the fairgrounds. Going to be looking for some deals on SW toys.

whojedi
01-08-2002, 10:34 PM
I am definately going to try and make it. Sounds like a good time!

Boba Binks
01-09-2002, 08:10 AM
I was thinking of going. Maybe we will run into each other there.

DahrJin
01-09-2002, 05:10 PM
I would like to know how I could go about getting one of your shirts I read about on your site.

I live in UT, and think it would be a great way to show off your site to my fellow collectors.

Boba Binks
01-10-2002, 01:34 PM
DarhJin: I sent you an E-Mail about the Sith Council shirt.

The Bald Ewok
01-10-2002, 06:27 PM
Hey binks...I found this and I thought that you might want it for RL
Its a password for infinite lives
JPVI?IJL
RSBFNRL

Also have you beat the game yet?
I did over last weekend
and also which bonus have you chosen. So far I have picked the asteriod field. Its okay. The majority of the time you just fly straight shooting down TIEs in the falcon. I was going to pick the last one, but I didnt!! D'OH!!

see ya monday

Boba Binks
01-10-2002, 06:39 PM
$&*@(%*#(@*%@!!@$)(!@N $(@)!
I have to start all over. A few days ago my sister came over with her kids while I was at School / Work. I told her that it was ok for them to play video games. That was a big mistake. Somehow they erased my entire N-Cube memory card! That just %*(#@#)%(#@) Ticked me off. So right now I will probaly not play that game for awhile. I got Jax and Daxter for PS2 and it is a really fun game. Also today I picked up a game that I said I would not for a while... Fantasy Fantasy X. I have been a fan of some of the games. Right now it is just going to sit there until I get further along with J&D. I just hope I can hold out, my brain is trying to get the better of me. :)
I mmmmmmmuuuusssst hhooooold out!

See you on Monday.

Boba Binks
01-13-2002, 12:30 PM
The Rouge Squadron Codes do not work for me!?!
Did you type it in correctly?

The Bald Ewok
01-13-2002, 08:19 PM
Woops sorry about that binks...I did indeed mess up on that code

Enter the code one after the other
JPVI?IJC
RSBFNRL

that should do it this time. Sorry about the confusion!!

Boba Binks
01-14-2002, 09:34 AM
It works! I will be palying this game until Ihave to go to classes this afternoon.
See you tonight.

The Bald Ewok
01-14-2002, 08:58 PM
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHh!!!!!!!

I am just not having any luck with the zutton figure. I went to the walmart in brownsburg after I picked up shelley from school. NOTHING, absolutely nothing!!! Not having any luck on this one.

Boba Binks
01-15-2002, 01:44 PM
I went out this morning and found nothing. It seems that most stores are stocking the Ketwol / Duros wave of figures. :(

I contactec NFC but did not get a reply yet. If I do not hear from them by Friday I will be calling my credit card company.

The Bald Ewok
01-16-2002, 03:09 PM
Is there anybody out there looking for a dirty biker scout??
I found one at the Kmart on lafayette rd. However they didnt have any zuttons :mad:

Boba Binks
01-18-2002, 01:58 PM
I was at that K-Mart during my break inbetween classes on Wed.

My nephew Eric has found the 25th Anniversary Darth Vader / Obi-Wan Kenobi 2-pack at the Target in Plainfield. He said he got it on Thursday night. I went down there and they were already gone. They did have one with Han Solo but the Chewbacca was missing.
They also had the Deluxe Banana and Slave Leia, and some peg warmer figures.

I am hoping that this weekend I will find a set of the 25th Vader / Ben 2-pack.

Talk to you later,

The Bald Ewok
01-21-2002, 09:18 PM
Hey everyone, if you are looking for the 25th anniversary figs. They are at the target on 38th. Sorry no vader and obi but they did have plenty of the others!!!

PS any word if anybody has found an extra zutton???

Boba Binks
01-22-2002, 10:59 AM
I will have an extra Zutton for you real soon. NFC is shipping me my case that I order in the next week.

Boba Binks
01-24-2002, 05:51 PM
25th Anniversary Obi-Wan / Vader now at Target stores. Very cool figures. Both of them are higly sculpted and have the same type of legs as Eeth Koth (one-piece). Thought it does not matter since these are more dispaly pieces than action figures.

See you Monday.

toymanIN
01-24-2002, 11:23 PM
Which Target did you find the Ben/Darth pack at? I went to about five Target's today and found nothing.

Also, I checked the Plainfield Wal-Mart to see if they had done another markdown yet on the SW Lego sets yet. The Darkside kit was still $70.00 and the MTT was still $35.00. I asked a clerk about them and she said maybe on Monday after the weekend they will go down again.

Hey Rick, do you still need a Zutton? I now have two extra as well as two extra Eeth Koths. LMK

toymanIN
01-25-2002, 12:13 AM
Hey, did everyone see the post on Rebelscum about the Sneak Preview figs!!!!!!!! It appears they are going to be Jango Fett, Zam Wessell, clone trooper, and R3-T7(?). There is an auction going on right now if you want to blow some money for the Jango Fett figure which shows the back of the card. The auction # is 1694624278. I believe the auction is up to $225!!

Also Rebelscum reports that Hasbro AND Lego will release the Jedi Starfighter as a sneak preview vehicle!

Boba Binks
01-25-2002, 03:20 PM
Saw it! I cannot wait. I want my E2 toys now!! :)

The Bald Ewok
01-25-2002, 04:52 PM
I saw the 25th anniversary packs at the target on 38 street. There were there monday night. They had four of the luke and leia, and han and chewie. As for the extra zutton........
YES!! I need one. I have had a hell of a time trying to find one!! Thanks so much!! Let me know what I owe you so I will have it for you at the next meeting!!

PeAcE!!

toymanIN
01-25-2002, 05:44 PM
The extra Zutton is yours! Unfortunately I don't know yet if I will be able to come to Monday's meeting or not. We are doing inventory at work that day and I'm still working on getting someone to switch with me. If I don't see you then I'll get it to you at the next IK meeting on the 6th.

toymanIN
01-29-2002, 05:47 PM
Hey everybody! Sorry I didn't get to come to the meeting last night.
I WILL be at the IK meeting next week though.

I also wanted to let everyone know that Wal-Mart in Plainfield took another cut on their clearance Lego sets. I picked up the Darkside Developer kit and the Trad Fed MTT both for only $90.00!
There were quite a few of each left.

Boba Binks
01-29-2002, 07:21 PM
How much was the Darkside Developer Kit?

At the meeting list night we have fun.
Ron showed up!! I think he said something about being in town for the next few weeks. :)

Have you seen the Carded pictures of the Pre-View Wave? NICE!!

Well, I need to gat some homework done.
Talk to you later.

toymanIN
01-29-2002, 10:05 PM
The Darkside Kit was $60.00 and the MTT was $30.00. The $60 price point for the kit is totally worth it though. It is a pretty big set.

As for the preview pics, does anyone have a clue what in the world that droid has to do with anything. I wonder if it belongs to Jango Fett.

Boba Binks
02-08-2002, 03:38 PM
Now until Sunday Feb 10th the Castleton Square Mall has a flea market type thing going on. Three vendors with vintage Star Wars toys!

Boba Binks
02-08-2002, 04:37 PM
I have three Sith Council Shirts left. So if you want any better get them before they are gone!! $15.00 each.

ToymanIN: You got two of them?

toymanIN
02-08-2002, 08:07 PM
Yeah I got two of the shirts. I totally blanked about getting you paid for them today when we were out. I'll bring you the money on Monday night. I also talked to Alex today on the phone. I reminded him about your Han figure.

Boba Binks
02-08-2002, 09:19 PM
Cool! Thanks!

whojedi
02-08-2002, 09:30 PM
Hey, if the shirt you have is an XL or XXL, I would like to buy it. Let me know. Thanks.

Jay

Boba Binks
02-12-2002, 08:18 AM
Hey Eveyone! I put up a poll at the Indy Knights forums about a midnight TRU toy run. go there and take it! or there will be some serious Sith Whipping on you. :)

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=5713842&replies=1

Thank you.

I now have one Sith Council shirt left.

Boba Binks
02-12-2002, 11:03 AM
Mark from YakFace has this to say!

Toyfair 2002 Exclusive Vader

URGENT: Just spoke with Hasbro about the figure and I have been told that this figure WILL BE available at the Fan Club and will most likely be in the same packaging. So I would recommend that if you have placed a bid on any of the ones that have shown up on EBAY, to retract that bid. Don't overpay for something you will be able to get soon enough. THIS IS CONFIRMED!!!!!

Looks like we will be able to get this figure!!

The Bald Ewok
02-15-2002, 04:40 PM
Hey binks dont get me the LOTR tape. Me and shelley are going sunday. Thanks anyways!!

Boba Binks
02-15-2002, 06:46 PM
OK!

Good News fellow Star Wars Collectors!! TRU has been getting in some older POTJ figures that are pretty much hard to find.

Wal-Marts have got in a ton of the Tessek, Jar Jar, Imperial Droid, Lando wave in.

and found by one of our own in Greenwood.... the FX-7, Queen, Imp. Officer, Rebel Trooper at TRU.
I was on teh East side tis afternoon and the TRU there had two FX-7's and one Queen. So this wave is starting to hit again.

Then on the other side of figures... :) ....
Teebo, BoShek, and R4-M9 have started showing up at Super -K-Mart stores with the grocery store inside. I have seen two confirmed posts on this from Columbus Ohio!!

Well, talk to you all later.

The Bald Ewok
02-19-2002, 06:23 PM
NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Harry Potter has passed star wars and is in 2nd place in worldwide box office.

This is a sad day for us all.

Boba Binks
02-22-2002, 06:32 PM
I was talking with ToymanIn and it was mentioned about moving The Sith Council thread to the Indy Kngihts site? I think he will mention something about it at Monday's meeting.

The E2 Jedi Starfighter Lego kit has started to appear at Wal-Mart and Meijers. I have not found one yet but I have seen lots of shelf tags for it and the E2 Slave 1.

whojedi
02-22-2002, 07:14 PM
Just to let everyone know, the Toy Fair 2002 Silver Darth Vader figure is available for pre-order on the Fan Site. $11.99 limit 2 per day and 4 per week. Thanks to Ron for the heads up!!!

Boba Binks
02-24-2002, 11:02 AM
It was pretty much useless to go to the Ash Comic show today. Mostly comics this time and few toys. :( But I made out with a really awsome E2 custom carded figure! Thanks!!!

Bald Ewok: I have Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring on Video. It is wide screen and for VHS tape the quality is pretty good. I will bring it for you tomorrow at the meeting. It only cost $20.00.

Also, I made something for everyone who attends the Sith Council meetings. Toyman, JediDan, and Incom4 know what it is.

Well, see you tomorrow.

Boba Binks
02-25-2002, 11:36 AM
Today on my lunch break I found the Lego Jedi Starfighter for $19.97. I bought the last two that were on the shelf. I will bring the extra one to the Sith Council meeting tonight if anyone wants it.
It only took me about 25 minutes to put this thing together. A really nice E2 Preview Lego set.

Well, I need to get ready for class. See you tonight!

Boba Binks
02-25-2002, 07:47 PM
ToymanIN asked me to do this.
The Sith Council forum thread is no longer going to be on this site. It is now going to be at the Indy Knights forums.
Click the link to the new SITH COUNCIL of INDY (http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=5851435&replies=0) Forum.

See you on the new Forums.
Boba Binks.