PDA

View Full Version : Sandtrooper Variant ?

INDIANA
09-13-2001, 03:05 PM
Does the new Vader wave come with the variant of the Sandtrooper ?

Lobito
09-13-2001, 04:14 PM
Last wave:

Darth Vader Emperor's wrath
Luke X-wing pilot
Han solo Death Star Escape
Shmi Skywalker
Obi wan kenobi Jedi Training

Im not sure about a sandtrooper variant though.

humsup
09-13-2001, 06:22 PM
I'm pretty sure the Sandy variant is not out yet. But not sure it'll come in a brand new wave like the dirty Scout Trooper or it'll just slip in with the existing waves.

CrunchyNug
09-14-2001, 01:50 AM
There's a post on CollectStarWars.com of some people finding Sandtroopers in the new Vader wave, but having NO variation. I found the remnants of the wave at a Los Angeles Target last week at around 10:00 AM and there were only Lukes and Hans left by the time I got there. So I guess I can't comfirm anything myself, but reports are coming in. Sorry dude.

GNT
09-14-2001, 02:27 AM
I guess the Sandtrooper variant will be comming at a later time!

JediMaster
09-14-2001, 05:17 AM
What exactly will the "variation" be? Different pauldron colors (please!) ? Different dirt-(paint)-schemes? What? WHAT?!?! For the Love of God, man; what will the variation be!?!?!?

bigbarada
09-14-2001, 08:19 AM
Why didn't Hasbro do with the Sandtroopers what they did with the Battle Droids? One of each version in every case. Orange, black, white, grey shoulder pauldrons.

Jargo
09-14-2001, 06:42 PM
Why you ask? HA! because Hasbro is as Hasbro does my friend. Ask them no questions and they still tell you lies............

Probably because they have too much stuff to work on right now. The remaining POTJ stuff, and all of the episode two stuff. Remember that quote from a long time gone? "There will be lots of figures for episode two, there just won't be the amounts of them that we had with episode one." Okay that's not a direct quote but encapsulates what was said by a hasbro employee in the know a while back. Remember also that patience is a virtue. One that it will pay to learn. :)

GNT
09-14-2001, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by JediMaster
What exactly will the "variation" be? Different pauldron colors (please!) ? Different dirt-(paint)-schemes? What? WHAT?!?! For the Love of God, man; what will the variation be!?!?!?

I believe the variation will be an orange pad and could have dirt in different places to make it different :)

evenflow
09-16-2001, 08:20 AM
I think thisis one of those figures that Hasbro will probably forget about.

GNT
09-16-2001, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by evenflow
I think thisis one of those figures that Hasbro will probably forget about.

I too think Hasbro will forget about it :( since they have to deal with EP2 and all so they wouldn't have the time to worry about doing it :(

evenflow
09-17-2001, 04:37 PM
Sad, but that's probably what it will end up being. :(