PDA

View Full Version : Only 2 there are, Umm, 2 and 1/2 there are...

Runobot
05-16-2002, 07:18 PM
So tell me this, at the end of the movie Dooku states that the boy is coming along. If there can only be 2 Sith, and they are both planning on turning Anakin, who gets to be the Master, Dooku or Sidious?

Obviously we know the answer, but I mean what are they thinking at that point? Are their thoughts that Sidious will be dead soon because he is so old and then Dooku would be the mentor?

Cloudy, the dark side is...

Battle Droid
05-16-2002, 07:26 PM
I don't remember Dooku saying that, though I don't remember alot of things about the film, I need to see it again, and want too soon! :D

Starfig873
05-16-2002, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I don't recall him mentioning Anakin whatsoever.
Are you certain you didn't confuse this with the word "war"? I remember Dooku saying something like "The war has started" or something (lay off, it was three in the morning, I'm going to see it again. :p)

Darth-AWT
05-16-2002, 07:40 PM
My wife said the same thing. What you misheard was Dooku saying "The War has begun"

Freedom
05-16-2002, 08:30 PM
I don't think Dooku knows of Sidious's interest in Anakin. I sure wouldn't help someone who was trying to replace me.

Why can there only be two? Has this ever been explained?

Lord Tenebrous
05-16-2002, 08:56 PM
More than two would lead to the type of hostility that wiped out the Sith in the first place. So you have a master keeping a tight leash on his apprentice, but at the same rate, you have an apprentice willing to take a learner and destroy the master.

So it's already a tenuous play for power, more would just lead to their failure.

Dar' Argol
05-16-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Freedom
Why can there only be two? Has this ever been explained?

The reason the can be only 2 is b/c during the Great Jedi war almost all of the Sith were destroyed. Only Darth Bain survived. He created the 2 rule so that the Jedi would not know of their existance until the proper time. I think a full explination can be found at starwars.com, just look under Sith and folow the hyperlinks.

I also remember reading in a book some time ago that Anaikin killed the Sith Lord b/4 him in order to take his place at the Emperor's side. Now weather this will be Dooku or not still remains to be seen.

icatch9
05-16-2002, 10:40 PM
I haven't read many books, but remember that The Emperor wanted Luke to kill Vader and take his place by his side. So I bet this is what happens to Dooku. Anakin probally slices the MFer in half. He's got to be mighty ****ed that his are got cut off. Also, it makes since in the style GL likes to write in.

QLD
05-16-2002, 10:46 PM
Yeah, I can see him killing Dooku to take his place. Seems like a logical turn of events.

JediTricks
05-17-2002, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by icatch9
I haven't read many books, but remember that The Emperor wanted Luke to kill Vader and take his place by his side. So I bet this is what happens to Dooku. Anakin probally slices the MFer in half. He's got to be mighty ****ed that his are got cut off. Also, it makes since in the style GL likes to write in. I got the feeling that Dooku wanted this sort of thing for him and Obi-Wan when he made Kenobi the offer to join him. He wanted Obi-Wan to help him kill Sidious and rule the galaxy as... roommates?

2-1B
05-17-2002, 02:19 AM
I didn't get the impression that Dooku really wanted Obi-Wan to join him. He couldn't have actually thought Kenobi would believe "the truth." But throwing Qui-Gon's name into the mix was a nice touch. :p

The "only 2" rule has gotten way out of hand, IMO. It makes sense that there would only be two, but not because a Sith Lord sought to protect the future of the Sith.
If the apprentice is looking to overthrow his master within his own lifetime, why the heck would he care about other Sith Lords in the future?
To paraphrase Solo, what good's power when you ain't around to use it? :stupid:

Runobot
05-17-2002, 06:18 AM
I saw it again last night and thought he said "the boy is coming along," but war would make sense as well...