PDA

View Full Version : Jango's Death (MERGED)

Dexter
05-16-2002, 03:34 AM
"I'll stand on the battlefield and shoot lasers at Mace Windu, which he'll easily deflect since all of the Jedis are down there deflecting millions of shots already. THEN, I'll stand there, while he chops my head off!" :eek:

What the heck was that about?!? I was starting to be impressed by Jango's coolness, then BAM! He's dead. Just like that. He doesn't die in a super-cool way or ANYTHING even close to it--he just STANDS there and gets his head chopped off. He had a flamethrower, a rocket pack, a rocket he could fly off with... but NO, he just HAS to stand there and get decapitated...! :mad:

What's up with that?!? I'd expect the best bounty hunter in the galaxy to be, well... better... :confused:

Cotasnoova
05-16-2002, 03:42 AM
Well, I've never liked Fett, or I guess now it is the Fetts. Boba died like a moron, and so did his daddy..err...replica...ahhh.....carbon copy...dad...whatever!

Anyway, I think the his dad got a little mad that Mace surprised him with the saber to throat. Then he went and got his stuff deflected and his fire rejected! So then he lands on the ground and trys to hang...LOL (hangman, no head). You should remember though that he just got trampled my some huge animal. Maybe he was dazed and his jetpack was bust. Anyway, I'm glad he is dead. He died like a idiot, because he is one!

ConvergeDW
05-16-2002, 04:19 AM
I don't know fellas, decapitation is a pretty serious way to die....
Especially if your "son" is looking on, imagine you watched your "Father"
be decapitated when you were 10. Stupid, I think not

Sith Worm
05-16-2002, 04:34 AM
Those fetts they sure have a nack for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I like Jango he played his part and died, you have to give it to him though he stood his ground with Obi pretty damn well.

2-1B
05-16-2002, 04:38 AM
I don't think he was dazed, he was able to take aim at the Reek and hit the mark. I know Reeky is not Mace, but you know what I mean. :stupid:

Eternal Padawan
05-16-2002, 04:41 AM
Why did he fire like fifty rounds at Obi and only three or four at Mace? You wanna know who died a moron death? Coleman Trebor. He's uppity enough to think he can take Dooku by himself, jumps up there, gets shot AT by Jango, then stumbles over the railing and falls to his death. Chump. How did HE make it on the council? Yareal would never have been that careless. Sarr Labooda would never have been that careless.

2-1B
05-16-2002, 04:48 AM
Didn't Colby take a few hits? I thought so, but I see what you are saying . . . it looked to me like he may have taken a shot after stumbling.

No disputing the chump factor though. :D

Sith Worm
05-16-2002, 04:49 AM
It all happened so fast and i didn't notice,but did Jango actually hit him?

Sidiously Darth
05-16-2002, 04:54 AM
JF shot him about 3 times. I think that was enough to send him over the edge. Trebor was after Dooku and wasn't fully aware of Jango, IMO. This made Jango a bit over confident in his abilities against Jedi. That's about the time Mace got a-head of him. Thank goodness I didn't open my Jango Final Battle figure!

Runobot
05-16-2002, 07:58 AM
In my opinion, Jango was tough as nails. He held his own against Obi-wan and killed that other Jedi no problem (yes, he did shoot him). I think Mace killing him can be attributed to his excellence than JF's weakness.

AT-AT Man
05-16-2002, 08:11 AM
this is what happened, he jumped up, looked at dooku and then saw jango, jang opened fire with three shots one in his stomach and the other two i couldn't tell, he backed up a little, and the fell to the ground.

CrossWizard
05-16-2002, 08:13 AM
Well he is the senior member of the Jedi Council along with Yoda and has the highest honors in the council so he has to be not only very cunning but very skilled and bad assed. Jango just messed with the wrong man. Now I hope in Epi III that we dont see a 13 year old Boba kill Mace, that would be stupidity beyond my wildest dreams.

JEDIpartner
05-16-2002, 09:03 AM
Perhaps he too should have been banished for being clumsy!!! "Jango and Jar Jar sitting in a tree..." :crazed:

JetsAndHeels
05-16-2002, 09:13 AM
I was happy with Jango. I think he did well for the short time he was in the film. I was curious to see how they would show the whole decapitation thing, being a PG film, but it played out well. I also thought Boba holding the helmet was a powerful scene.

Darth Nihilus
05-16-2002, 09:52 AM
I thought that scene was hilarious.

pthfnder89
05-16-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
I was happy with Jango. I think he did well for the short time he was in the film. I was curious to see how they would show the whole decapitation thing, being a PG film, but it played out well. I also thought Boba holding the helmet was a powerful scene.

I was REALLY happy with Jango until the Arena scene. Morrison was just great, and he really added character to a film the truly needed it. :)

But I was also surprised at how quickly he was taken out by Mace. He didn't try anything but firing his blasters and then WHAM...

Oh well:(

Toad
05-16-2002, 11:07 AM
I was not impressed with his subpar fighting skills either (especially to have an ENTIRE army modeled after), but he did just get his ***$ kicked by that creature. He was probably a little stunned.

pthfnder89
05-16-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Toad
I was not impressed with his subpar fighting skills either (especially to have an ENTIRE army modeled after), but he did just get his ***$ kicked by that creature. He was probably a little stunned.

Yeah, that's sort of the only explanation I can think of too. I thought him getting mauled by the Reek was really pretty cool. It showed that he wasn't perfect, and he wasn't like most villians who seem totally invulnerable until the hero kills them in some clever way.:rolleyes:

Jedi Clint
05-16-2002, 11:19 AM
His jet pack was trashed after the Reek ran him over.

Dar' Argol
05-16-2002, 11:56 AM
When Boba picked up the helmet I thought Jango's head was going to fall out!! That would have been truamatizing!! And a little funny too.

Tenric
05-16-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Dexter
" He had a flamethrower, a rocket pack, a rocket he could fly off with... but NO, he just HAS to stand there and get decapitated...! :mad:

What's up with that?!? I'd expect the best bounty hunter in the galaxy to be, well... better... :confused:

Well, His backpack was broken. It was making all these electrical spark things after he got trampled. As for the other stuff, I don't know. I'm just glad he lasted a lot longer than Darth Maul.

Toad
05-16-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Tenric

Well, His backpack was broken. It was making all these electrical spark things after he got trampled. As for the other stuff, I don't know. I'm just glad he lasted a lot longer than Darth Maul.

Which brings up a good point -- if you look like a bad mofo and work for the bad guys in the star wars universe, chances are you'll have an unceremoniously quick and simple death.

Dexter
05-16-2002, 01:00 PM
I think it would be HILARIOUS if the 13-year-old Boba Fett killed the head of the Jedi council... in fact, that's how I want Mace Windu to die now! :D

QLD
05-16-2002, 01:08 PM
(Chris Tucker voice)
Jango got KNOCKED THE **** OUT!

He got punked. Though I did like the character. I mean, he's fighting Mace, he is supposed to get punked.

Darth Nihilus
05-16-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
When Boba picked up the helmet I thought Jango's head was going to fall out!! That would have been truamatizing!! And a little funny too.

That's what I was waiting for.:D

Taichi
05-16-2002, 03:55 PM
Mace dying at Boba's hands would suck, IMHO.....

Mace is a Jedi Master, and for him to be chumped by a 13 year old child is just stupid......

let Dooku, Sidious (Whom it is rumored we shall see fight), or Vader kill him......

Darth Ovori
05-16-2002, 04:42 PM
Well maybe if Jango had both guns Mace would of had a tougher challenge...

But I do recall Jango loosing one of his gun's in the Obi-Wan fight...???

Jango is just a warrior of primitive weapons as blasters... Still deadly and dangerous to any foe... But the force is weak with him...

Mace is a Master Jedi...

Darth Ovori
05-16-2002, 04:44 PM
I reckon Vader will give Mace and worthy death...
If Mace becomes one with the force, then that would be stupid...

mylow thehutt
05-16-2002, 04:44 PM
what?! jango died,oh yeah thats right i blinked,

I know what you mean i thought this was going to be Huge battel but..guess not,it was like BANG BANG SWOOSH BOOM DEAD. Even Mace was surprised

Pendo
05-16-2002, 06:04 PM
I think it's kinda a Fett thing having a crappy death. Boba died at the hands of a bling man and Jango died from his own hesitation.

I knew Jango had no chance at winning against the second badest next to Yoda, but I thought he would have put up more of a fight.

I think Boba will be responsible for Mace's death but maybe only because Mace is injured or something like that and is helpless against him (killing him in cold blood could be cool), I don't think the 13 year old Boba should actually fight him.

PENDO!

Omega Fett
05-16-2002, 09:25 PM
When the Reek charged him and walked over him,it damaged his jet pack. When Mace was charging him and he was shooting,he was expecting to fly off before Mace was about to attack but since it was damaged it didint work and well he died.....i felt so sorry for Boba,after the battle you see Boba pick up Jangos Helmet and look into it (iam pretty sure the head wasnt in it hopefully lol)

Freedom
05-16-2002, 09:27 PM
Well, we had to have the catalyst to catapult Boba in to his position of ruthless bounty hunter and Jedi killer.

Battle Droid
05-16-2002, 09:27 PM
I liked the Reek, I felt sorry for it.

The Geonosians tortured it and made it eat meat.

starwars92570
05-16-2002, 10:06 PM
forget about the reek, i mean how would you feel if your father had his head choped off?

Fulit
05-16-2002, 10:17 PM
I feel that Jango is kind of an idiot, really. I mean, if you read the book, (I know in all my posts I refer to the novel, but I read it before seeing the movie and I really like it), they really explore kind of in-depth Jango and Boba's relationship, and how Jango really cares for Boba and wants them to have a future together.

As a father, I can't understand why he didn't grab Boba and get the hell out of there the moment the sh*t really started to go down. Maybe his pride was wounded after Mace held that lightsaber blade to his throat, I don't know.

Battle Droid
05-16-2002, 10:20 PM
Jango is a bad guy, so is Boba, why feel sorry for them?

Dexter
05-16-2002, 10:51 PM
What do you mean, why feel sorry for Boba!!! He's a 10-year-old boy! All 10 year-old boys are little devil children... Boba didn't do ANYTHING particularly evil. His father's head gets chopped off in front of his eyes, and then his dad's army of clones show up working for the guy who killed Jango!

No wonder poor little Boba was traumatized into becoming poor evil. I sympathize more toward him than toward Anakin, that's for sure.

Battle Droid
05-16-2002, 10:52 PM
Boba tried to kill Obi-Wan.

Dar' Argol
05-16-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
Boba tried to kill Obi-Wan.

Yeah, but he did that trying to "save" his dad. There was nothing evil about trying to save your dad from someone who is attcking him. I know I would have done the same.

Dexter
05-16-2002, 11:02 PM
Boba tried to kill Obi-Wan because Obi-Wan was trying to kill Boba's dad. Boba was just trying to help his father. What should he have done, stood by and let Jango get slaughtered or taken prisoner by Obi-Wan?

Battle Droid
05-16-2002, 11:03 PM
I wouldn't want to have a dad like Jango.

Beast
05-16-2002, 11:04 PM
Yeah, Jango and Boba arn't exactly evil charecters. They are more in the grey area. Just like Zam said, before she was killed. They are only doing their job. And if you read thru the book, Jango really does care for Boba, a whole lot. Boba may end up slipping twords the evil catagory in EIII, especially if he's looking for revenge for his father's death. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
05-16-2002, 11:06 PM
Just a job to murder someone?

Battle Droid
05-16-2002, 11:10 PM
But I will say this I do feel sorry for Boba, after I thought about it, he's just a kid and it's the way he was rasied, I blame Jango not Boba.

But I don't feel sorry for Jango.

browndroid
05-16-2002, 11:21 PM
jango and boba are my favorite characters, watching jango die traumatized me, imagine boba...

Fulit
05-16-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by browndroid
watching jango die traumatized me, imagine boba...

It did me too, just because I thought it was all too quick. It's like they rushed some scenes, in deference to the audience or something. I just got the feeling that Mace and Jango were supposed to actually have it out, or duel or something. Instead, the pace was too quick, Mace holds a lightsaber to Jango's throat, Jango tries to fry him, they get seperated, and then Mace lops Jango's head off. Too quick. IMO.

Battle Droid
05-16-2002, 11:33 PM
Oh don't get me wrong, I loved the characters, Jango was a GREAT villian, but i still don't feel sorry for him.

QLD
05-16-2002, 11:54 PM
I feel sorry for Jango and Boba......mostly because their names are Jango and Boba.

JediTricks
05-17-2002, 12:13 AM
I think Dingo Fett there was a wasted character. Guy acts like a chump when talking to Obi-Wan, then he doesn't finish the job during the space fight, he gets trampled by the reek, and finally, his death is super-half-arsed like Derek points out. I wanted to like this character, but he seemed to flounder every time he got an opportunity to shine.

CaptainSolo1138
05-17-2002, 03:09 AM
How many Clone Troopers were killed by battle droids? Doesn't say much for Jango, does it? No wonder Mace offed him so fast.

Dexter
05-17-2002, 09:59 AM
Huh?

The Clone Troopers have Jango's DNA--that's it. They don't have his memories, they don't have his experiences, and they sure as Hell don't have his skills.

Clones are copies of someone's genetic material, and that's it. There's no question that Jango was vastly superior to all of his clones.

Of course, considering what a fool Jango was, that doesn't say much for his clones, does it? :D

SQueek
05-17-2002, 11:21 AM
people, the glass is half full here, maybe mace is just a really bad *** jedi and although jango was great he was no match for one of the strongest jedi ever. if he sits next to yoda on the council! and dont say luke and obi won, luke never got full training and if obi was so great he would be on the council

bobafett07728
05-17-2002, 11:55 AM
I hope this isn't a duplicate thread. Before watching the film. . .which was excellent in my opinion. . .I read the novel. . .which was also exellent. I was curious as to what they would leave out, and what they would keep. A lot of the Boba and Jango "bonding" scenes were not included, and probobly justifiably so. But I did notice one thing. In the book, I was under the impression that Boba doesn't see Jango being killed, he just finds his helmet afterwards. In the movie, which I've only seen twice (I'll be back tonight for more inspection), it seems that Boba may actually see the beheading. What does everyone else think, or know? I would hate for Boba to have seen it, and eventually be Mace's downfall. I'm a huge Boba Fett fan, but that would be a bit ridiculous.

JetsAndHeels
05-17-2002, 01:25 PM
Well I loved Jango's character (no surprise there) and I wish he had more screentime. To me he was a great villain. The rain battle on Kamino was great IMO. To actually see that jetpack and rocket being used was great. The scene in Jangos apartment between him and Obi Wan was good too. You could feel the tension between them as Obi Wan was interrogating him. Then in the arena, it just happened so quick. I was hoping Mace and Jango could have had more of a fight, kind of what Obi Wan and Maul had in EP1. But nevertheless, Jango did his job well I believe, so now we get to see Boba pick up where he left off.

Magnolia-Fan
05-18-2002, 01:42 AM
Jango tried to use his jet-pack.

Just saw AOTC again today and noticed:

1: when Jango is getting trampled by the reek,, sparks are flying out of the jet-pack.

2: When Mace is charging at Jango, sparks are continuing to come out of the jet-pack.

3: When mace gets real close to Jango, Jango TRIES to take off in the jet pack. Flames start to come out, but then fizzle.

Hence the easy beheading.

Magnolia-Fan
05-18-2002, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Omega Fett
When the Reek charged him and walked over him,it damaged his jet pack. When Mace was charging him and he was shooting,he was expecting to fly off before Mace was about to attack but since it was damaged it didint work and well he died.....i felt so sorry for Boba,after the battle you see Boba pick up Jangos Helmet and look into it (iam pretty sure the head wasnt in it hopefully lol)

Oops, didnt notice that you had already posted that info before I mentioned it.

QLD
05-18-2002, 02:06 AM
Hey Boba, what's up?

Nothing, how are you Jango?

Hahahahah.....that makes me laugh.

jedi_uk73
05-19-2002, 02:45 PM
We all must have seen the film by now.

When old Jango met his fate to Mace Windu, I was hoping or expecting that his head would have fallen out of the helmet when Boba picked it up.

Did anyone else expect this to happen ??

I know the censors wouldn't have liked it, but it would have been similar to seeing Ponda's arm on the floor in ANH and Luke's flying hand in ESB.

mylow thehutt
05-19-2002, 02:53 PM
Aculty it is kind of imposble for the head to fall because when a laser or lightsaber cuts somthing it fuises it together thats why Yor didn't blood fly out of his neck.

Beast
05-19-2002, 02:54 PM
When Jango was decapitaed his head hit the ground and the helmet came free and bounced off in another direction. The helmet was empty when Boba picked it up. This has been discussed before, please use the search feature before starting another thread, like the sticky thread asks.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8314

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
05-19-2002, 02:55 PM
Maybe Boba just kept the helmet with Jango's head still inside, and wore a different one. The visual dictionary said Jango kept backups of every piece of his armor.

mylow thehutt
05-19-2002, 03:07 PM
Wasn't there going to be more to Jango /Mace battle.

darthvyn
05-19-2002, 07:08 PM
i think the scene is fine... it sets up the character for boba. i have posted this before, but i like this theory...

boba fett hates jedi now, obviously...

he has braids hanging from his shoulder...

who in the star wars galaxy have we seen with braids...

padawans.

skyywalkerr
05-19-2002, 07:51 PM
I dont know if any of you guys got to see the storyboards/descriptions a couple years ago when they hit he web. I believe they were posted here on SSG. IN them, the battle was almost exactly like it was in the movie. To clarify. thy did add in the Poggle/Coleman/Dooku stuff, but the shot descriptions were almost exactly what i had imagined

Wolfwood319
05-19-2002, 10:39 PM
An cheap death scene for an (obviously) lame character. Mace cut him down like any 'ole battledroid. Boba didn't do much better either. I hate Boba Fett even more now after seeing AOTC. I still don't see the facination with these characters.

stillakid
05-20-2002, 01:26 AM
So, Mr. Fett Jango's head gets cut off and the piece goes flying away from the body. Lil' Fett picks up the helmet. I eagerly awaited the severed head to slide right on out onto the ground, but alas, disappoinment. So, where's Jango's head?

Beast
05-20-2002, 01:33 AM
Like I posted in the "Jango's Death" thread, where this will most likely end up moved. This is what I think happened.

When Jango was decapitaed his head hit the ground and the helmet came free and bounced off in another direction. The helmet was empty when Boba picked it up.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stillakid
05-20-2002, 01:43 AM
Sorry for the repeat. But I like my title better. :) Catchier. More marketable. Two thumbs up!

Too bad it supposedly bounced out. Having dear ol' dad's head fall into lil' Boba's lap would have provide tons of ammo for the grudge match that Lucas is reducing this saga into.

Lord Tenebrous
05-20-2002, 02:20 AM
Unfortunately, if Jango's decapatated head were shown, Lucas would only be fueling the wild imagination...of critics.

Latino critics in particular charge his latest Star Wars epic, Episode II: Attack of the Clones, toys with American paranoia about Mexican immigration with its cloned army of swarthy lookalikes who march in lockstep by the tens of thousands, and ultimately end up serving as Darth Vader's white-suited warriors.

It reminds Cuello a little bit of "those Reagan ads in the 1980 campaign, that suggested if Nicaragua went communist, you'd have wild-eyed Mexicans with guns running across the California border."

Attack of the Racial Stereotypes...Again (http://www.detnews.com/2002/entertainment/0205/18/d01-492788.htm)

:rolleyes: :frus:

lunchymeatball
05-20-2002, 06:58 AM
The real reason for poor old Jango's demise was Mace's secret jedi master weapon. .............shiny head glare!

He would have probably taken Mace out if he could have seen him.

It is now rumoured that in Episode 3 Yoda tries to match Windu in the "Spam Stakes" by lopping off his delicate floss coifurre to outshine the Sith into submission.

JEDI_REDEEMER
05-20-2002, 10:28 AM
It looked to me that Jango tried to fly for the dropped lightsaber like he flew at owk instead he just landed on his stomach and jumped up to start shooting..his jetpack was sparking so lucas gave us all the info we needed to know why he couldnt fly away without stopping the movie and coming out to describe that The jetpack is controlled through Jango's helmet by buttons he pushes with his tongue. and that it was now poodo so thats why he was backed into a corner and had to simply shoot......do you guys think it would have been better if he would have said "feet do your duty" and took off running around like an idiot? I think not. :)

iain rockford
05-20-2002, 11:08 AM
I think Jango done a pretty good job considering he was messing with jedi and not cantina scum aliens his normal bountys ill wager, and mace windu is one of the toughest there is also I think his jetpack got damaged when he got trampled hence he tried to keep backing up and firing but mace windu deflected his shots and choped his head off with his quick reactions end of story or he would of flown off wouldn't you!

I hope that cleared it up

Taichi
05-20-2002, 12:04 PM
I think Jango's quick death is what he deserved.....

bad guys should go out with a whimper, not a bang......

bobafett07728
05-20-2002, 01:39 PM
I'm sorry to interrupt. . .but no one has actually said if they think Boba saw the beheading, or not? I have seen the movie again, and I'm convinved that he didn't, as the book describes. After Jango's death, Boba is seen away from the ledge in the tunnel area. If I'm not mistaken, He has to be on the ledge to actually see what is going on in the arena, and he wan't at that point. Anyone have any observations?

mrmiller
05-20-2002, 03:22 PM
I liked the Jango death scene. To me it was more of a stand off, where neither guy was going to back down. Kind of like a game of chicken, where their reputation and honor are at stake. Jango was going to hold his ground until he shot Mace, and Mace was going to keep going until he killed Jango. Looks like Jango was the looser. The only thing better would have been if Jango was also running towards Mace. Like I said, I liked the scene, and think it added to each ones character.

=MATT=

mrmiller
05-23-2002, 01:55 PM
I just watched the move again last night, and Jango's pack was definately damaged by the Reek. But I still don't see him trying to use it to take off and escape- So I'll stick with my above comments.

=MATT=

BobaFett
06-05-2002, 07:42 PM
Anyone else expect that fight to be more dramatic. When I was told that Mace decapitates Jango, unwillingly of course. I expect Mace to be fighting for his life. Especially when I saw the figure, I thought he screamed for a reason at toyfair. Jango's downfall is when he jumped at Mace's lighsaber. Why didn't he just blast the thing. Damn the Reek also.