PDA

View Full Version : Favorite lines from the film (merged)

Eternal Padawan
05-17-2002, 12:42 AM
What are your favorite quotes that you are going around saying to people? Mine are:

"Victory? Victory you say?" -- Yoda (in a Yoda accent, natch)

"Idiot!" -- C-3PO

'You want to go home and rethink your life." -- Obi Wan

"Obi! Obi! Meesa so smilin to see yousa!" -- Jar Jar

Jedi Law Student
05-17-2002, 01:03 AM
I think Obi-Wan had the best lines in this movie... some of them reminded me of stuff James Bond would say in those situations. I'll have to watch it again to get the line perfectly, but when Padme frees herself and climbs to the top of that pillar in the arena, Obi-Wan says to Anakin something like: "She seems to be on top of things."

Or when Anakin jumps out of the speeder to go free-falling through Coruscant, Obi-Wan says, "I hate it when he does that."

LTBasker
05-17-2002, 01:10 AM
"This is such a drag!" - 3PO

Battle Droid
05-17-2002, 01:14 AM
" DIE JEDI DIE!" - C-3PO

BanthaPoodoo
05-17-2002, 01:17 AM
"Die, Jedi, Die" C-3P0 (in C-3P0/Battle Driod voice)

crunchyjedi
05-17-2002, 01:25 AM
"This partys over."

CaptainSolo1138
05-17-2002, 01:50 AM
I was hoping when I got on here tonite that someone would have started this thread!! My absolute favorite line in AOTC was C-3P0's "Well, shut me down!!" For some reason that was so funny! Tied for second, but not far from first, was Obi-Wan saying to Ani, "Someday, you'll be the death of me." It was funny in an ironic if-you-only-knew-what-was-comin' sorta way. My other #2 quote was also Obi-Wan. "Well, that's what I came for!" He could not have delivered that line any better! The smirk on his face was uncanny! And were it not for these three small bits of dialogue, Mace Windu's "This party's over." would totally dominate! Also, though I don't exactly remember the lines he said except for something about cheating, Nute Gunray's little quips from the "VIP box" were pretty good too!!

JediTricks
05-17-2002, 02:16 AM
I thought it was "Die Jedi Dogs!"

2-1B
05-17-2002, 02:47 AM
Yep, he said "Die Jedi Dogs"

One of my favorites was Obi-Wan's "Curious" to Jango.

Battle Droid
05-17-2002, 02:50 AM
Sounded like "Die Jedi Die!" to me.

bigbarada
05-17-2002, 04:40 AM
"What a drag!":D

2-1B
05-17-2002, 05:22 AM
Hey! I just used a favorite new line without thinking about it first! :D
Dooku said that Gunray was once "in league" with Sidious, and in my last post I just said I'm placing the "Vader shadow in AOTC" thing "IN LEAGUE" with the "Vader shadow in Watto's shop" legend. Can't wait to beat that one to death. :rolleyes:
Christopher Lee was great. :cool:

Darth Nihilus
05-17-2002, 11:20 AM
It was definitely 'Die Jedi dogs!", that still has me laughing a coupla days removed from seeing it.

"I want to go home and rethink my life." classic exchange

"Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing."

"I came here to rescue you." "Good job."

"What about Padme?" "She seems to be on top of things."

"I haven't seen you this nervous since we fell into that pit of Gundarks." "As I recall Master, it was you who fell into the nest and it was I who rescued you." "Oh...yes."

Dryanta
05-17-2002, 11:29 AM
My favorite,Was Yoda's comment to Dooku"MUch to learn have you,my young padawan."Not exact but this was the best.Obi WAns were very good as well

IcebergSlim
05-17-2002, 11:35 AM
When Palpatine was saying how much he loved democracy, etc.

leenovak
05-17-2002, 12:09 PM
"Shoot her...or something!"
"We came to rescue you." - "Good job."
"Why do I hva ethe feeling you'll be the death of me?"
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi."
"You want to go home and rethink your life."

Obi-Wan delivered every line he had perfectly....Natalie Portman could learn a few things from watching him.

jawaboy
05-17-2002, 01:52 PM
Boba Fett's evil little laugh when trying to kill Obi-wan in the asteroid field.

Pendo
05-17-2002, 01:59 PM
Mine has got to be Yoda's:
"Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing." LOL I laughed so hard :D. Yoda is just great with kids!

I also liked:
"Die Jedi, die!"
"I want to go home and rethink my life."
"This is such a drag."
and "May the force be with you," of course :D.

PENDO!

hango fett
05-17-2002, 02:18 PM
"anikan, you'll be the death of me."
"do you call this a diplomatic solution?"
"i call it agressave negotiations!"
"obi-wan has lost a planet! how embarissing!"
"give up jedi." "i don't think so."

great lines!

El Chuxter
05-17-2002, 03:22 PM
"I'm just a simple man, trying to make his way in the universe."

"This party's over." --Cheesy, but who cares?

"Where are you going?"
"To get a drink!"

"Why do I get the feeling you'll be the death of me?"

"Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarassing."

And not lines per se, but I loved the expressions on Kit Fistos face after he knocks over the BD/3PO Frankenstein thingy, and on Bail's face as he watches the Clonetroopers embark for the Clone Wars.

Jedi Law Student
05-17-2002, 03:40 PM
You know, with all these great lines, maybe it's time they bring back those CommTech chips.:p

Jason B
05-17-2002, 04:31 PM
that whole Coruscant chase scene was pretty comical. my fave would be when Annie loses his lightsabre, and Obi-Wan catches it, then he toss it to him later and says, "Try not to lose it again."

pthfnder89
05-17-2002, 04:37 PM
I'm just glad they had some good lines in this one. TPM seems so barren in comparison. :)

I think my personal favorite will always be:

Anakin "And then we came here to rescue you. "
Obi-Wan looks up at his chains.
"Good job"

I knew it was coming and I still LOVED it! :)

pthfnder89
05-17-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by leenovak

Obi-Wan delivered every line he had perfectly....Natalie Portman could learn a few things from watching him.
I agree that Ewan is just awesome, delivering even the bad lines in a great way.

But Portman really is a very good actress. I think the problem is that this just isn't her type of movie. Practically everything else she's been in, she has done a very good job. (even in some poor movies)

QLD
05-17-2002, 04:41 PM
My favorite line was the one during the courscant chase. It was kind of long, and a bit horizontal. Also, it was perpindicular with another cool line.

browndroid
05-17-2002, 04:48 PM
Begun, this clone war has. - yoda
IDIOT! - C3P0
You want to go home and rethink your life. - Obi-wan

browndroid
05-17-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter

"Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarassing."

OH yeah! that was so funny!:D

artdoesart
05-17-2002, 06:59 PM
"This party is over!" - Mace

tagmac
05-17-2002, 07:12 PM
Palpatine:
"You don't need guidance, Anakin. I see you're becoming the greatest of all Jedi"

"I promise I will rescind this power as soon as this crisis is over."

Amidala: ".....you mean a Dictatorship. And who's gonna tell people what to do? You?"
Anakin: "No...."

All of Yoda's lines while commanding the clones - I never htought he could ALSO be a tactical general.

DarthChuckMc
05-17-2002, 07:25 PM
"Why?"- Anakin
"WHAT?!!"- Obi-wan
and the uncomfortable looks from Jarjar, Padme, and Typho that follow.
I love all the others you guys mentioned as well, this one just struck me funny because I have that conversation with my kids EVERYDAY.

DarthChuckMc
05-17-2002, 07:27 PM
"I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead. Every single one of them. And not just the men...but the women......and the children, too. They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals. I HATE them!!!"

Bel-Cam Jos
05-17-2002, 07:28 PM
I thought I heard it as "Die Carrie, Die!" :p

My favorite line (soon to become my signature when I can remember it absolutely correctly) isn't funny, cool, or sarcastic. But it tells a lot.
Anakin Skywalker: "I want be able to stop people from dying." This leads me to believe... well, I'll check to see if others started a thread about it.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-17-2002, 07:38 PM
"It was her idea"- Anakin Skywalker

"M'Lady"- Jar Jar Binks

"I love Democracy; I love the Republic"- Chancellor Palpatine

"Obi-Wan's gonna kill me"- Anakin Skywalker

"Why isn't she dead?"- Nute Gunray

"It is clear that this dispute cannot be resolved by our knowledge of the force, but with the skills of a lightsaber"- Count Dooku

"Welcome home, Lord Tyrannus"- Darth Sidious

2-1B
05-17-2002, 10:10 PM
"Me boshka de Shmi Skywalker"

Dar' Argol
05-17-2002, 10:17 PM
. . . we were involved in some agressive negotiations

Aggressive negotiations??

Yeah, we were using lightsabers!

LMAO in the theater!!!!!

SithDroid
05-17-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by CaptainSolo1138
Obi-Wan saying to Ani, "Someday, you'll be the death of me." It was funny in an ironic if-you-only-knew-what-was-comin' sorta way. My other #2 quote was also Obi-Wan. "Well, that's what I came for!" He could not have delivered that line any better! The smirk on his face was uncanny! And were it not for these three small bits of dialogue, Mace Windu's "This party's over." would totally dominate! Also, though I don't exactly remember the lines he said except for something about cheating, Nute Gunray's little quips from the "VIP box" were pretty good too!!

I agree. Those were all great lines. I just like the way Samuel L. Jackson delivered that line. It was very Pulp Fictionish.

I liked all of C-3P0's lines. I don't see why so many people didn't like them. It was the typical Threepio, which I loved.

By the way, Yoda's Kung-Fu stance after Dooku threw the stuff at him was classic.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-18-2002, 03:11 AM
"Hello Dex"- Obi-Wan Kenobi

When he said that, it reminded me of Austin Powers saying something like "Hello, luv"

187-Maul
05-18-2002, 06:31 AM
everything palpatine said came over so ironicly which was perfect cause if you didn't know he was going to an emperor you wouldn't spend a second thought on it (example I love democracy) but if you know it's just so funny
and the hole yoda scene with the fight
first the kung fu stances are just too cool, then of course the fight and right after dooku leaves the hangar yoda takes his gimmerstick and acts like an old little man again - I loved that scene
and most of the lines already mentioned were pretty funny too

Imperial Monarche
05-19-2002, 07:19 PM
whats y'alls favorite line out of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones? or, what is the best set of lines out of the movie. I would have to say my favorite set of lines is when Anakin is tellin Padme bout killin all of the Tuskin Raiders, "and not just the men, I killed the women and children." that line right there gave me chills, I really felt that he was changing into the evil Darth Vader with that line right there. what does everyone else think?

MikeAndTheBots
05-19-2002, 07:21 PM
"And then we decided to rescue you."
"great job"

cujo fett
05-19-2002, 11:20 PM
jar jars speach to the senate to give palaptine "emergency" powers

mdbulldog
05-19-2002, 11:50 PM
My favorite line is when Jango says “they will do their job well, I guarantee it”. Maybe it’s just the scene because you just know that Obi-Wan and Jango want a piece of each other.

Steingrabber
05-20-2002, 02:20 AM
Shmi: "You look so handsome..."- turn on the waterworks

Anakin: "If Master Obi-Wan caught me doing this, he'd be VERY grumpy."

Dug in speeder: "Jedi Poodoo!"

Yoda: "Lost a planet master Obi-Wan has."

Padme hugs Anakin just before he takes off to get Shmi "Anakin!..."-Can't explain it, just gets to me.

Anakin: "I can sense everything going on in that room. Trust me."-I'll bet he can!!

Obi-Wan: "Traitor!"

3PO: "My obtuse little friend, if they had needed our help, they would have asked for it, hmm?"

There are SO many! Too many to list. Anakin's confession was awesome! Who the hell said Hayden couldn't act???? I've seen it five times now, and can't wait to see it again!

Eternal Padawan
05-20-2002, 03:00 AM
"For a mechanic, you do an excessive amount of thinking." --3PO

"Hello, Dex." -- Obi Wan

"R2, what are you doing here?" -- Padme ( I only like this one because her delivery makes me think R2's going to respond "I came with you on the ship, you stupid girl. Remember?")

''Oh no, my friend. This is a mistake. A terrible mistake. They've gone too far. This is madness..." -- Dooku. Gleefully feeding a line of bull to Obi Wan. I just love the phony delivery.

CaptainSolo1138
05-20-2002, 03:09 AM
"I've got a bad feeling about this."- Anakin

2-1B
05-20-2002, 03:36 AM
". . . Boba, ooh-day so-heat" - Jango (sorry, trying to spell it out)

"Dreams pass, in time" - Obi-Wan

"chut chut Watto" - Anakin . . . I wish I remembered the way he asked if he could help him with that pit droid. something me passa hopa ? I'll have to go back again.

Did you catch Watto's little jabbing routine when he says, "whaddya know!" ? I really like that move!
Also, his "Ani? Little Ani?" is neat. :)

The Overlord Returns
05-20-2002, 12:45 PM
"This Party's Over!" Classic. Only SLJ could have gotten away with that line.

"Thats what I came for!". Ewan delivers this perfectly, much like all his other lines.

"shoot her or something!" took 10 years for nute gunray to get funny.

"Die Jedi Dogs!" classic!

"Dellow Felegates" - I don't think anyone caught this. It's a stupid jar jar gaffe, but I found it funny.

"Official Jedi Business. Back to your drinks"....or something like that. Big fan of that one too.

Darth Mendigo
05-20-2002, 04:15 PM
I've seen the movie only once. The only line I can really remember as quotable (and you know what I mean, like when Vader says, "No, luke..I am your father" type of lines) is when Jango Fett says: "I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe..."

I probably need to see it a few more times or wait for the DVD.

Anyone else remeber some cool line in AOTC?

mrmiller
05-20-2002, 04:18 PM
What a Drag.
I'm beside myself.
-C3PO, master of the one-liner.

snakeeyes
05-20-2002, 05:43 PM
Padme telling Anakin to resist his feelings while her boobs are hanging halfway out her dress.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-20-2002, 05:48 PM
Yes! The C-3PO lines were excellent; in the same goofy vein as Schwarzenegger's one-liners after whacking a bad guy.

I also enjoyed OB1's sarcastic "Good job" line to ani in the arena.

Did you notice that Ani also gives the "I have a bad feeling about this" line in the arena, although I don't think he did as good as a job as OB1 in TPM. IMO, the best is Han's in ANH.

figrin bran
05-20-2002, 06:24 PM
"lost his planet did Master Obi Wan, how embarassing, how embarassing" - yoda

"i'd like to meet this Jango Fett" Obi Wan

i agree, Anakin's "i have a bad feeling" was nowhere near Han's

JediDan
05-20-2002, 06:32 PM
Obi-Wan says to Anakin "Why to I get the feeling you're going to be the end of me" That feeling he had is true too. Vader kills Obi-Wan in A New Hope. That line cracked me up. :D :D

chris
05-21-2002, 09:47 PM
"where are you going-for a drink"
"we came to rescue you-Good job"
3POs arena lines
"around the survivors a perimeter create"
I did notice the "Dellow felegates" part
wat tamors voice reminds me of the lost in space robot, and I liked Poggle the lessers too.
But the best of all was:
"THIS PARTY'S OVER!!"

scruffziller
05-22-2002, 05:57 PM
I HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!