PDA

View Full Version : The Final NO SPOILERS Thread

Eternal Padawan
05-17-2002, 12:46 AM
One hundred different threads in the No Spoiler section which becomes obsolete today. Soon we shall merge (or replace) the two Episode II threads with a single Attack of the Clones thread. It has been a pleasure not chatting about the movie with all of you. ;)

on to Episode III (No Spoilers)...

Any parting comments?

stillakid
05-17-2002, 01:45 AM
Whew. I successfully made it to the 16th without knowing one iota about the actual plot of the film. Sure, I saw pix of some of the characters and some info was blurted out on occasion, but I was genuinely in the dark (and literally) as the movie began. Every scene was a complete surprise. I went along on the journey with the film as it was designed to do instead of having the curse of knowing what was missing or what was included. I could just watch it.

One more to go.

Pendo
05-17-2002, 01:15 PM
So is it worth me staying Spoiler Free for Episode III, or am I not missing anything and should go back to being a Spoiler Freak like I was for Episode II?

PENDO!

El Chuxter
05-17-2002, 01:20 PM
I finally gave up on being spoiler free when I'd read and removed spoilers about 1/2 of the movie in various threads under Classic Trilogy and Dear Hasbro. (Hey, it's my job, whaddya gonna do?) So I broke down and read the Storybook a week or so before seeing the movie. I figured it was skeletal enough to give me the basic plot without too much detail.

stillakid
05-18-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Pendo
So is it worth me staying Spoiler Free for Episode III, or am I not missing anything and should go back to being a Spoiler Freak like I was for Episode II?

PENDO!

Back in '83, I read the ROTJ novelization first then saw the movie. For EP I and II, I tried to remain oblivious to the plot. I much prefer walking into, any movie really, knowing as little as possible. That's the only way to get a true "review." Not knowing background information or information from scenes that eventually get cut gives the audience a pure viewing of what is actually on screen, not what might have been there. I can always fill in the blanks later, but upon first viewing, it is a more enjoyable experience to just let it happen instead of me sitting there wondering where the cut scenes went and such.

Pendo
05-18-2002, 11:06 AM
Thanx stillakid. I'm gonna try even harder to remain Spoiler free now.

PENDO!

derek
05-21-2002, 12:28 AM
stillakid,

i had been wondering if you were spoiler free for the opening day showing, but i recalled a while back you had a post questioning the accuracy of the spoilers you were avoiding. i can say for sure now, they were all correct.:)

Obi-Don
05-21-2002, 12:32 AM
I don't know. Spoilers never really bothered me. It just made me want to see it even more. Yes sometimes I do read the last page of a book first.

stillakid
05-21-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by derek
stillakid,

i had been wondering if you were spoiler free for the opening day showing, but i recalled a while back you had a post questioning the accuracy of the spoilers you were avoiding. i can say for sure now, they were all correct.:)

I still wonder about the accuracy. Anybody have a scorecard? ;)

Of course, as scripts were "leaked", the spoiler information would really go from being less of a "spoiler" to becoming outright, well, true information. It goes from hearsay to an unofficial yet official bit of data.

But, it was worth staying away. I'm still trying to fill in the blanks that so many others already have information for. There are gaping holes in this story that shouldn't be there, but it takes a clear mind to see them. If you already have background knowledge in your head, you're apt to automatically fill in plot holes as you watch the movie instead of recognizing their absence. But, to each his own...

Eternal Padawan
05-23-2002, 12:33 AM
While watching the movie, I kept thinking "Well no ones gonna get THAT reference unless they read the book." There are lots of little plot holes and a few big ones that your mind automatically "smoothes over"... For instance the romance in the book had a clear linear development that you could believe, but in the film it seemed ****-eyed.

Eternal Padawan
05-23-2002, 12:57 AM
This thread has now become obsolete...