PDA

View Full Version : Hyperdrive for starfighter/Slave-1 questions (Merged)

Sean the Hutt
05-17-2002, 12:35 AM
Why did we not get the detachable hyperdrive for obiwans starfighter? It is cool. I would have rather had that than detachable panels that never detached...

stillakid
05-17-2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Sean the Hutt
Why did we not get the detachable hyperdrive for obiwans starfighter? It is cool. I would have rather had that than detachable panels that never detached...

I second that motion. I want the hyperdrive!

JediTricks
05-17-2002, 01:31 AM
Yeah, I want the hyperdrive booster ring as well!

mark2d2
05-17-2002, 02:15 AM
Did anybody no about this before hand? I knew nothing about it. No pictures, nada. But yes indeed, it was very cool . . .

Beast
05-17-2002, 02:20 AM
Yeah, there was some talk about it in the E2 Spoilers Section and the Attack of the Clones Toy Section a while back. I am sure that we will either get it as an add on toy later, or maybe with another (Maybe Power FX?) Jedi Starfighter in a year or so. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
05-17-2002, 10:11 AM
A supplemental toy, maybe available through the fan club would be cool. I don't think this is a part that would sell exceptionally well off the shelves. I don't think too many kids are THAT concerned about not having it. It's more for us "totalists". We want the "full complement" of accessories for the ships.

pthfnder89
05-17-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
A supplemental toy, maybe available through the fan club would be cool. I don't think this is a part that would sell exceptionally well off the shelves. I don't think too many kids are THAT concerned about not having it. It's more for us "totalists". We want the "full complement" of accessories for the ships.

Exactly, that's why we won't get this toy unless they do a completely new Jedi Starfighter. Realistically, there's no way you could make this interesting to kids packaged on its own and it would probably cost at least $15.

Taichi
05-17-2002, 11:53 AM
Make it exclusive to the fanclub, and everybody who bought a Jedi Starfighter would want one.....

I want one.....

DarthMaulSithLord
05-17-2002, 02:37 PM
NO exclusives!!! And the fanclub sucks! Those idiots don't even ship overseas.

:(

JEDIpartner
05-17-2002, 02:54 PM
there should be an international Fan Club service.

Sean the Hutt
05-17-2002, 06:08 PM
ek var nederlander? but your loyal buitenlander friends here in the states will send them to you! I am in Amsterdam off and on, If you had an eopie we could seriously do trading! Goed avond!

DarthMaulSithLord
05-17-2002, 06:32 PM
Nice try with the Dutch stuff. Hey, since you are in Amsterdam off and on, maybe you can bring some stuff for me from overseas?

Eopie? I haven't even seen one yet.

Good evening/Guten abend/Goedenavond to you as well!

:D

Amanamike
05-17-2002, 11:27 PM
That hyperspace ring was just so cool, i thought that was a nice touch. Just to show how smaller ships made it through hyperspace. Just cool!!!!

Taichi
05-18-2002, 01:27 AM
I forsee them including it as a bonus, if the Jedi Starfighter doesn't sell well.....

just recall all unsold units, repackage them with the 'bonus' hyperdrive ring, and you've effectively sold two starfighters, because the people who bought one early, will want the ring!

LTBasker
05-18-2002, 03:58 AM
Or make the ring and people will buy the Starfighter FOR the ring.

This would probably be around $25-30 though, although if it lit up that would be great for the price, wouldn't have to make sounds but just a switch to turn the lights on/off would be cool.

Obi-Don
05-18-2002, 06:21 AM
I want one too. I would buy one even if they sold it sperate from the starfighter.

stillakid
05-18-2002, 09:13 AM
Remember how they put the little Naboo Starfighter "controls" in the Anakin carded figure? Maybe they could do that with this part? A little bigger, I realized, but what the heck. Might as well throw out all the ideas we can.

CaptainSolo1138
05-18-2002, 01:51 PM
Remember how they put the little Naboo Starfighter "controls" in the Anakin carded figure? Maybe they could do that with this part? A little bigger, I realized, but what the heck. Might as well throw out all the ideas we can.

At first I thought you were crazy, then I read it again and that's a sweet idea. Package it as a deluxe figure. That ring can't cost THAT much to produce, so Hasbro wouldn't take a lose. I mean, c'mon, lookit what McFarlane can sell for $10!!

Taichi
05-18-2002, 03:36 PM
I'm sick of hearing McFarlane's name thrown around.....he sucks, he doesn't produce action figures, he hasn't made action figures since 1995.....he makes posable statues........

and not very good ones, from this toy collector's point of view.....

Taichi
05-18-2002, 04:21 PM
In addition, the accessory would be too big for a deluxe, and impractical to release seperately.......

we must think logically here, if we're gonna see it at all, chances are, it will either be a Fanclub exclusive, or some other type of bonus.....

I can think of a few ways to make it practical......possibly redeem Jedi Master Points for it......

JediTricks
05-18-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by mark2d2
Did anybody no about this before hand? I knew nothing about it. No pictures, nada. But yes indeed, it was very cool . . . I first read about it on SW.com's listing of the Jedi Starfighter a few months ago.

DarthWu
05-19-2002, 03:52 PM
Yeah, it'd be really cool if they would make it, but realistically, the chances are slim to none.

pthfnder89
05-20-2002, 12:59 AM
I wasn't really impressed with the ring. It's a neat idea in the film, but I wouldn't buy it as a sepereate toy.

oo0oo36
05-20-2002, 03:55 AM
I have forgotten where I read it from, but is it true that the Jedi Starfighter and Slave I will be re-released at the end of year as exclusives, pack-in with Obi-Wan and Jango Fett figures?

I'm currently still holding off buying both the vehicles because of this, but I cannot withstand the temptation any longer...

LZ

JEDIpartner
05-20-2002, 08:51 AM
I have not heard any new information to suuport this. It seemed as if K-Mart would be getting these, but in light of the "restructuring" they are undergoing, it has been said that perhaps KayBee would get them. If that's the case.... I certainly wouldn't count on it. Just buy the ships and buy the figures that correspond to them. I highly doubt that the Jango and Obi-Wan will be any different than the carded versions at this point.

pthfnder89
05-20-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I have not heard any new information to suuport this. It seemed as if K-Mart would be getting these, but in light of the "restructuring" they are undergoing, it has been said that perhaps KayBee would get them. If that's the case.... I certainly wouldn't count on it. Just buy the ships and buy the figures that correspond to them. I highly doubt that the Jango and Obi-Wan will be any different than the carded versions at this point.

Yeah, I've always felt a bit skeptical about this news. I just don't understand the reasoning behind re-releasing these vehicles with pilots after the fact.

JEDIpartner
05-20-2002, 10:46 AM
There was a point, back in the vintage line, when Kenner would give certain stores exclusives by packing in figures with an older ship to "freshen up" the item. The pack-ins were usually polybagged versions of previously carded figures. Since the ships wouldn't be new by the time the alleged pack-ins were included, I highly doubt they would be "new" scuplts like they have been for the newer Snowspeeder, TIE Bomber, TIE Interceptor, etc...

lunchymeatball
05-20-2002, 10:54 AM
Does anyone know if the Jedi starfighter hyperspace ring will be made to be used with starfighter.
That would be :cool:

Jaina Solo
05-20-2002, 01:19 PM
Hmm... How about making our own hypespace rings? Or close approximations? I've never tried anything like that before, but it can't be that hard. It's a round thing with little engines on it.

Forhekset
05-20-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Taichi
I'm sick of hearing McFarlane's name thrown around.....he sucks, he doesn't produce action figures, he hasn't made action figures since 1995.....he makes posable statues........

and not very good ones, from this toy collector's point of view.....

Aw man, have you seen McFarlane's Akira line or the Metal Gear Solid 2 figures? Total badass-ness. I agree though, they're little more than slightly poseable statues, but as someone who doesn't play with his figures anyway (I display them and look at 'em) it doesn't bother me.

Back on topic....I personally wouldn't buy a hyperspace ring unless it lit up and made sounds, and then I wouldn't want to pay more than about $10 for it...it isn't THAT cool.

JEDIpartner
05-20-2002, 02:17 PM
How about this...

Send in the proof of purchase for the Jedi Starfighter and $XX.XX and you get the ring.

jedi master sal
05-20-2002, 03:33 PM
the "ring" design was actually a leftover from EPI. take a look at some of the concept art and you will clearly see that this is old news.

I tried to find a picture of it, but the archives on starwars.com is too huge and I don't have that kind of time.

Lman316
05-20-2002, 04:18 PM
When I first saw that in the movie I immediately began to wonder why that wasn't produced. Then I figured that Hasbro would make it later on and we'd have to shell out some more money for it.
But if they do make it, I'm gonna pick one up. I just think it looks neat.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-20-2002, 04:42 PM
You know, I have absolutely no idea whether this will be made or not.:crazed:

Vortex
05-20-2002, 04:47 PM
I have a sneaky hunch we won't see this item made. Unless they re-issue the jedi star fighter at a later date. I don't think a lot of kids or parents, or collectors would shell out another 20 bucks for that ring...it would be cool, but I can't see it happening.

The scale of the thing would be way off too, and might look goofy.

Beast
05-20-2002, 04:51 PM
Alot of people seem to want it, just read here:

*Mod Note*JarJar, I merged the threads, and since it was useless to have a link to this thread then, I took it out.
Dar' Argol

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks