PDA

View Full Version : Is Captain Typho a clone?

Dak Powers
05-17-2002, 02:52 AM
These may have been discussed in previous posts, pardon me for resurfacing them :)

1) Did the Arena beasts sound exactly like podracers or what?

2) When Luma Su and Taun We were showing Kenobi the clones, and it had a shot of tables of clones eating, look at the one in the center of the camera looking around. He looks exactly like Captain Typho without the eyepatch thing.

Battle Droid
05-17-2002, 02:56 AM

No, I loved the way they sounded, exspecially the Acklay.

When Luma Su and Taun We were showing Kenobi the clones, and it had a shot of tables of clones eating, look at the one in the center of the camera looking around. He looks exactly like Captain Typho without the eyepatch thing.

They're played by different actors, I forget thier names.

bigbarada
05-17-2002, 04:44 AM
1) didn't notice, they sounded cool to me.

2) different actors, same nationality

Darth Nihilus
05-17-2002, 11:24 AM
Captain Typho was played by Jay La'Gaia, a maori actor who has appeared in numerous Aussie TV shows, Water Rats being the most notable. I don't know who played the Clone Troopers.

greedo
05-17-2002, 11:36 AM
wasn't it the same actor as Jango, after all, it was his clone...I'm sure it was the same guy, when I saw him eating, I figured it was Jango, that was why he was looking around suspiciously. He just got there from Curasaunt? sorry about spelling.

Dak Powers
05-17-2002, 11:56 AM
But look more closely, though, next time... He looks EXACTLY like Typho... And if you see a Jango-look-alike with scars on his face, it's probably him then.

Beast
05-17-2002, 12:35 PM
Nope, just really similar looking actors. After all, they are supposed to be 20 year old clones, of the 40 somthing Jango Fett. The unmasked CloneTroopers were played by Bodie 'Tihoi' Taylor.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
05-18-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Darth Nihilus
Captain Typho was played by Jay La'Gaia, a maori actor who has appeared in numerous Aussie TV shows, Water Rats being the most notable. I don't know who played the Clone Troopers. I believe Jay Laga'aia is Samoan, Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett) is Maori.

Originally posted by Dak Powers
These may have been discussed in previous posts, pardon me for resurfacing them :)

2) When Luma Su and Taun We were showing Kenobi the clones, and it had a shot of tables of clones eating, look at the one in the center of the camera looking around. He looks exactly like Captain Typho without the eyepatch thing.
1- YES! That totally bothered me when the Acklay was doing that "pulse-sound" thing (which I didn't even like on the podracers :p). There were a lot of recycled sounds in this film that I didn't like, but that one really sticks out in my mind.

2- They definitely looked similar, but I think that was just incidental.

2-1B
05-20-2002, 04:14 AM
Sure, I can hear some "pod sound" coming from the Reek when he roars, I can't describe it but I think you know what I mean.

Acklay? Yeah I guess it does now that you mentioned it . . . the Reek really jumped out at me, this one I had to think about for a minute. :)

Amanamike
05-21-2002, 01:07 AM
I noticed while Obi Wan was getting the clone tour by Taun We that there were a bunch of clones in red outfits that looked like Cpt Typho but without the eyepatch. What does this mean?? Is Typho a clone or is he a host like Jango was to be cloned?? I thought this was very weird. I just saw the movie for the 2nd time and I thought maybe I was seeing things the first time cause I was feeling sick. Did anyone else notice that?? On a side note I did see the Nikto Jedi a few times in battle and I know a few people said they never saw him at all. But he was forsure in there in the arena.

Beast
05-21-2002, 01:16 AM
Please give the search feature a try, it's been discussed. They are not even the same actor. Here is a link to a couple threads. The second one has links to the database at Starwars.com:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8336

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8319

Enjoy! :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
05-21-2002, 01:19 AM
A rather persistant idea around here since the movie's release.

Jay, the man who plays Typho, and Bodie, the man who plays the 20-year-old clone, are both of Maori/Zealander decent. However, in the movie, Typho is the nephew of Captain Panaka, and the clone is still sometimes referred to as Ambu Fett (since Bodie was also to play that Clone Captain before it was dropped)

yukface27
05-21-2002, 01:20 AM
I didn't check Jar Jar's link, but Typho is Panaka's nephew. The reason Typho wears that leather eye patch is because he lost the eye during the battle of Naboo (EPI). All of this is in the EPII novel. Hope that helps.

Jedi Clint
05-21-2002, 01:29 AM
JJB - He slices he dices......... ;)

"Typho" and "Clone" typed into the search engine at the bottom of this forum's initial page would have brought up the answer to your question Amanamike.

Amanamike
05-21-2002, 02:08 AM
JarJar Im not talking about all the clones looking like Typho, Just the ones in red suites that seem to be eating or something. Not the ones suiting up.

Beast
05-21-2002, 02:13 AM
Amanamike, those are the same clones. They were just in their training gear and not in their armor. All the unmasked clones were played by Bodie 'Tihoi' Taylor, due to the fact he looks similar to what a 20 year old version of Jango Fett would look like. Captain Typho was played by Jay Laga'aia. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

aikman
05-21-2002, 02:50 PM
So the fact that they were played by different actors doesnt mean that the idea is bopgus does it?
I find it very coincidental that they look so alike...

mark2d2
05-21-2002, 03:41 PM
I think it does, actually. I think people are looking too hard to find more clones . . .

Pendo
05-21-2002, 03:44 PM
Just because he looks like them doesn't mean he is. I have a friend who looks the spit of John Travolta but he isn't (i don't think, I wish he was:))

PENDO!

R2D2DUKFAN
05-25-2002, 10:27 AM
Ok, I dont know where the thread is if there is one, but did anyone else think that the clones looked less like Jango Fett, and more like the Captain who was trying to protect Senator Amidala? The one with the eye patch? Crap cant think of the name.Royal Blue

Lman316
05-25-2002, 10:54 AM
Ok, I dont know where the thread is if there is one, but did anyone else think that the clones looked less like Jango Fett, and more like the Captain who was trying to protect Senator Amidala? The one with the eye patch? Crap cant think of the name.Royal Blue

I think this was only to show that these clones were younger than Jango. I think our own JJB said that Jango is 40-something and these clones were supposed be only 20-something.

Darth Nihilus
05-25-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I believe Jay Laga'aia is Samoan, Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett) is Maori.

You're kinda right - New Zealand has a large population of Samoan heritage families. Jay Laga'aia is a pretty good example of the distinctions between these New Zealanders and the indigenous Maoris. Still, he was Kiwi born and raised and later came to Australia to act. When I heard that he had a part in Star Wars I groaned, I didn't think much of his efforts on TV.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-25-2002, 09:19 PM
You know, I think Anakin is a clone of Obi-Wan . . . I mean, they have a remotely similar skin tone. :crazed:

Master Goeweins
05-30-2002, 12:05 AM
They are not clones of Typho. If you look at the Visual Dictionary you can see a full body shot of both actors. The clone trooper is stockier than Typho. They look only slightly similar. It is supposed to be a younger clone of Jango. Not only that, but they are being trained to be a part of an army. So it would be a given that they would be more built up than Jango. He's a lean bounty hunter that dosn't have to ascribe to any kind of workouts or training.

therock0603
05-30-2002, 01:08 AM
Typho is the nephew of Panaka.

Jedi Juice
06-12-2002, 12:37 AM
OK. I hope no one else asked this question previously, but here it goes. In the scenes where Taun We is showing Obi Wan the cloning facilities, you see a group of developed clones eating dinner. Do the clones look like Capt Typho or am I just imagining this? I thought the clones were of Jango Fett, and they sure didn't look like Jango to me. Now, the smaller clones obviously resembled Boba Fett, but the larger ones, that's another story.

Beast
06-12-2002, 12:45 AM
No, Captain Typho has no relation to the Clones. They look like 20 year old versions of the 40+ year old Jango. Here are some threads with info: :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8336

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6105

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
06-12-2002, 02:48 AM
And plus we never see them with clones of Typho's Star Trek 6: The Undiscoved Country eyepatch replica. ;)

Jedi Juice
06-13-2002, 03:01 PM
You know, I had a similar thread about this a few days earlier in this forum, but I can't find it. I hope I'm not losing my mind.......

Beast
06-13-2002, 03:14 PM
It was merged, Jedi Juice. See your post 4 up from this one, a moderator merged it into this thread. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jonna
06-13-2002, 03:16 PM
All I know is that he never would have gotten the job if it wasn't for his uncle. Nepitism.

Jedi Juice
06-13-2002, 07:33 PM
Wow, that's funny. I completely looked over my merged thread when I was searching these posts. :) Oh well, at least I know about the clones and Typho now.