PDA

View Full Version : Luminara's Role

subMERGE
05-17-2002, 07:30 AM
I was unable to see the movie yet, so can someone please infrom me on Luminara's Role, the importance, size, fate, and some cool things she does in the movie? I thought she was a cool character and I hope she is more than in the background.

JEDIpartner
05-17-2002, 09:18 AM
She doesn't do a lot in the film. You see here once in Palpatine's office and then again at the arena. Sad, too... as I really thought that she could have been a great character.

QLD
05-17-2002, 09:34 AM
Yeah, but she does have that book of the month club thing going for her. :)

JEDIpartner
05-17-2002, 09:43 AM
Yeah... and she was pretty cool in that Book!!! :D

2-1B
05-17-2002, 01:03 PM
She is indeed very cool in the book, and I'm happy just to see her on screen.
Plus, Mace's mention of Ansion was a nice touch. A throw away line to the general audience, but to those who read the book it adds a touch of flavor. :)

Taichi
05-17-2002, 02:12 PM
I think the "Book of the Month" crack, was not in reference to "The Approaching Storm" but in reference to the fact that she looks so much like Oprah Winfrey......In "The Color Purple"

QLD
05-17-2002, 02:18 PM
Yeah, glad someone got my humor. I was referring to Oprah's lucrative scam where people pay her to recommend a book, and all of her die hard fans run out to buy it immediately. I worked in a book store for a while, it was scary.

JEDIpartner
05-17-2002, 04:06 PM
See... I never watch Oprah. I don't have the time or interest in television talk programmes. I couldn't tell you the first thing about Oprah other than she HAS a show! Besides the actor who plays Luminara doesn't even look like Oprah, so I would have never made the connection.

QLD
05-17-2002, 04:26 PM
She doesn't really look like her, but a tad bit with the makeup she does......and the figure definately does!

Bosskman
05-17-2002, 05:00 PM
Oprah is disgusting looking. She has to wear more makeup than Elizabeth I just to keep the cameras from cracking. She also has a permanendt lyposuction machine attatched to various parts of her sometimes corpulent, always flabby carcass. To insult Luminara by comparing her to that filthy fat sow is an insult to us all. You should hang your head in shame Taichi.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-17-2002, 05:44 PM
I think it's really sad to think of Luminara dying, after the mission to Ansion and all. I hope she didn't. I really liked it, though, when the Jedi are first shown in the arena, Lumi's in the exact pose from the Hasbro figure! Well, you need to move the fig's arm down, but either way, it's awesome!