PDA

View Full Version : what was the best moment in AOTC?

hango fett
05-17-2002, 10:06 AM
the best in my opinoin was ALL of the lightsaber fights at the end. dooku was good, but not good enough. yoda broke him like an old stick! GO YODA!

SQueek
05-17-2002, 11:18 AM
well there are a few, when everyone went crazy for yoda, and another was when obi says ani youll be the death of me, and everyone laughed and my friend was sitting there saying i dont get it (he didnt know anakin was vader lol)

InsaneJediGirl
05-17-2002, 01:52 PM
I really cant define just one moment I really like.The Yoda Vs. Dooku was the best,never thought the little hunched over guy
could do that.Another fav. scene would have to be when Anakin rides the speeder across Tatooine,it was nice to see different parts of Tatooine's landscape.

Pendo
05-17-2002, 02:06 PM
The best moment was either:
Anakin telling Padmé about killing the Tuskens,
Jango vs. Obi-Wan on Kamino,
Yoda vs. Dooku,
Coruscant Chase,
or the begining when first the 20th Centry Fox logo appears followed by LucasFilm.Ltd. The comes "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away"...need I say any more :)?

PENDO!

darthvyn
05-17-2002, 02:14 PM
i think the best part (as i've stated in a previous post) is the tusken raider camp sequence, including the cut to yoda and mace windu and the scene with anakin confiding in padme. i still can't get over the yoda/mace with tears in their eyes, talking about great pain and suffering.

other than that the lightsaber battles are great, and the shots of the (victory class?) star destroyers taking off to invade the galaxy with their clone payloads are chilling. the rise of the empire!

QLD
05-17-2002, 02:16 PM
I thought the ending sequence with the republic army launching into battle was spectacular!

good shot jansen
05-17-2002, 02:18 PM
all of it baby! all of it was my favorite part! from start to finish!

bobafett07728
05-17-2002, 02:21 PM
I liked the Naboo "romp in the field" scene was excellent. I can watch that over and over again!!!!

NO. . .seriously. . .the jedi duels, the arena, ah. . .the whole frickin movie(with the exception of the "romp scene") was awesome!

kadamontaga
05-17-2002, 05:36 PM
Dave: I thought the arena was pretty dissapointing. My favourite bit was the piece of dialogue between Yoda and Dooku after they'd been zapping each other, but before the lightsaber duel. Fab.

Katy: The whole thing was brilliant! Yoda rules! But I loved the whole bit on Kamino. The scenery was amazing, and obi wan is just great :D

We're going to see it again asap :D :D

scruffziller
05-17-2002, 05:46 PM
Yoda vs Dooku was a given, but the GODS at Skywalker Sound (bow) (bow)(WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!!!!!!!!!) who created the sound for the Slave One shockwave weapon. PURE GENIUS!!!!!!!!!! It was exactly how I imagined how an explosion would sound in space. Due to that the sound would only resonate through the air molecules of your cockpit.

tagmac
05-17-2002, 07:01 PM
Obviously, Yoda fighting is the popular choice here (in the theater, the audience cheered when he appeared and struck the "Bruce Lee" pose, but roared when he opened his robe to show his lightsaber)'

I'm gonna go with two different scenes, both foreshadowing to the OT. First is the look on Anikan's face as he is riding his speeder, then right before killing the Tusken's - you could see the evil in his eyes.

Second, is the look on Boba Fett's face as he picks up Jango's empty helmet. He's not so much sad, as he is angry. You can see the reason behind bad-*** Bounty Hunter he will become right there.

hango fett
05-17-2002, 08:09 PM
i also liked it when the sound from the seismic charges broke the astoroids around the JSF. (jedi starfighter.) very cool

as always,
HF

mabudonicus
05-17-2002, 10:43 PM
Best bit- the scene where Anakin is outside the Lars homestead, throws the black cape on, the music swells, the lighting and angle so similar to the scene where Luke stands in the same place 20 years (or so) later. It just about made me cry, if I wasn't made of solid blue and white metal, that is. WOOOOOOOOOO!!!! What a film!!!!

JediDan
05-18-2002, 06:17 PM
I hate to say but my fav scene was when Anakin finds his mom. When she passes away the anger inside him really starts to come out and you can really start seeing his turn to the dark side come out. What a defining scene. I didn't like that scene for the gruesomeness but for the showcasing of actually seeing him starting to turn into Vader. A powerful moment in my opinion.

My 2nd fav scene was at the very end when Palpatine is overseeing his troops and Star Destroyers with the Imperial March song playing.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-18-2002, 06:36 PM
Here's my top 5 scenes

5. Obi-Wan viewing all the Clone Troopers
4. Obi-Wan vs. Jango on Kamino
3. All the Jedi unleashing their lightsabers
2. Assembling of the clones at the end w/ Imperial March playng
1. YODA FIGHTING LIKE A FREAKING NINJA!

Sith Vicious
05-18-2002, 08:18 PM
Yoda showing up with the gunship to save the surrounded Jedi was my favorite. Yoda vs. Dooku was a close second.

SithDroid
05-18-2002, 08:22 PM
The Yoda Lightsaber duel was the best moment of the film. I've seen it three times so far and that is the only single thing every time I see it that the audience cheers.

Dexter
05-18-2002, 08:37 PM
Picture this: the Jedi are surrounded, and about to be executed. All hope is lost. Then, out of nowhere, down from the heavens swoops an army of Republican Gunships! Standing on the wing of the flagship, ordering the Gunships to save the Jedi... is Yoda, looking like the bad@$$ of all-time! I positively went ballistic for this amazing scene! The stuff with him and Dooku at the end was great, but this was definitely the first major indication that this was NOT my father's Yoda.

Seeing Yoda command is the highlight of the whole saga for me. That was just amazing. Props to George Lucas for including it. :happy:

plo koon 200
05-19-2002, 12:36 AM
I loved Anakin's speach he gave to Padme after slaughtering the Tuskens. I also like it when Yoda could sense Anakin in pain.

I thought seeing the Death Star plans was cool.

And yes I liked the lightsaber duel.

Darth Sinister
05-19-2002, 02:26 AM
Yoda of course!!! Size matters not........no $#!%

The tusken scene and the confession afterwards...yes, I needed to know that he killed everything in site as I wasn't left wandering how much revenge he delt out and how much anger and hate he had for them.

The entire asteroid field segment, Slave One is a kick butt ship.

And the thought of what Jango said to himself the moment he realized his jet pack was malfunctioning and he couldn't escape from "Master" Windu. The didn't have long to think about it.

DarthBrandon
05-19-2002, 02:45 AM
Best scene was all of them, but romp in the fields.
Favorite scene was Anakin carrying his dead mother in his arms and just as he passed his stepfather the camera shows the look of anger and hatred in his eyes. I thought this scene was priceless and Hayden pulled it off in a most excellent manner.

DarthWu
05-19-2002, 05:06 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with the other Yoda fans. Yoda was the best part of AOTC, everything he did was awesome, especially leading in the clone army on those mad republic gunships. what a great movie.

notafinga
05-19-2002, 06:27 PM
Oh man, Threepio getting his head severed and then assembled onto a Battledroid's torso was the freakin funniest thing I've ever seen!! HAHAHAHha .... ha .... heheh....what?
Umm.. really... the Jango, Obi-Wan battle was my fav. Cool to see a Fett Bounty Hunter in one on one action with a jedi IN THE RAIN!

Is Boba actually gonna use the very armor of his father? He has the helmet!

I thought Hayden's confession of the Tusken slaughter was riveting, along with the accompaning score. Fabulous, as was Hayden's performance throughout, IMO.

I loved this movie!

die-jarjar-die
05-19-2002, 07:15 PM
My favourite scene has to be when Dooku visits Obi-Wan on Geonosis. This scene was just too cool, he completely gives the whole gme away relying on Obi's faith in the Jedi Council & the Force to bluff him into thinking that he is lieing...awesome! & then to top that follows up with "Join me Obi Wan & together we will destroy the Sith"....the reply being "I'll never join you, Dooku". Oh man I was in heaven!

Another scene I particularly liked, well its not a scene but a shot I suppose.....after the Federation Starship has crashed into the Battle fray the shot from the trailer of the Clones marching through the cloud of dust shooting was AMAZING!!!!!

die-jarjar-die
05-19-2002, 07:19 PM
ooo...whilst Im here......lol Another thing I noticed....

When Obi & Anakin leap out of the Gunship at Dookus hangar did anybody notice that a single Clone trooper jumps out with them?

If you watch closely just after the Gunship is then destroyed by the Geonosian fighters they then in turn shoot the poor lil trooper who plummets to a very nasty death! Poor sod!

Imagine Anakins fury if Padme hadnt fallen out of the ship ;)

die-jarjar-die
05-19-2002, 07:27 PM
arrghhh im trapped here! lol

ok last one......

this is more a favourite sound than moment! Everyones been harping on about how cool Slave 1s seismic charges sound but how about Slave 1 itself?

In the Original Trilogy we never saw BF shoot them cannons but thanks to those dudes over at LucasArts in such epic games ;) as Shadows of the Empire we actually get to hear Slave 1's cannon sound & strike me down if it aint the same sound they use in AOTC. Maynot be much to many ppl but I thought it a nice touch!

Mandalorian Candidat
05-21-2002, 07:06 PM
There were a lot of good scenes, so I'll give my top six:

6)OB1 vs. Jango with Boba yelling "Shoot him Dad!"
5)The whole thing with C-3PO getting jacked up.
4)Ani getting Medieval with the Geonosians on the conveyor belt.
3)The speeder chase and hunting down Zam.
2)The arena battle before the Jedi show up.
1)The scene with the DS plans. That was a total surprise for me. I'm glad I didn't hear about that spoiler.

mrmiller
05-22-2002, 10:14 AM
I liked the Jango death scene. I don't know why so many people knock it. To me it was more of a stand off, where neither guy was going to back down. Besides, Jango couldn't have been too happy about Mace holding a blade to his throat. Kind of like a game of chicken, where their reputation and honor are at stake. Jango was going to hold his ground until he shot Mace or died trying, and Mace was going to keep going until he killed Jango or got shot. Looks like Jango was the tragically brave looser. The only thing better would have been if Jango was also running towards Mace with 2 pistols drawn. Like I said, I liked the scene, and think it added to each ones character. I also really liked the Obi-Wan/Jango chase scene (reminded me of the falcon in ESB) and Anakins raid of the Tuskins camp. But my 2 favorites were the escape in the arena (before the Jedi showed up) and of course the Yoda fight scene.

Then again, I've only seen the movie once.

=MATT=

hango fett
05-22-2002, 03:58 PM
another fav scene was when palpintine says "you don't need guidence anikan. i see you becoming the greatest if all jedi."
boy can palpintine pull double duty...

jawaboy
05-22-2002, 04:35 PM
I think my fav part still is that evil laugh of Boba's when hunting down Obi-wan. This little guy gets a kick out of killing people. Adds so much to his character.

chris
05-22-2002, 07:06 PM
The whole movie left me in awe. But if I had to pick one scene as my favorite, it's definitely Yoda's fight scene. We've been waiting years to see what that little jedi is capable of, and it was better than I could have imagined. I've seen the movie 3 times, and I'm still impressed every time.

mrmiller
05-23-2002, 01:53 PM
I just saw the movie again last night, I'd my "new" favorite scene might just be the Jango/Obi Wan chase scene through the asteroid belt. Brings back memories of the OT. This novie gets better each time I see it.

=MATT=

browndroid
05-23-2002, 02:16 PM
YODA'S FIGHT SCENE!!!

Jargo
05-23-2002, 02:59 PM
The Nexu jumping around as it enters the arena and then stopping and going "maiow" preceded by the Reek going "BAA-aa-aah!" like a freakin sheep! very funny.

The death of Shmi had me wet eyed strangely as did the return to the homestead and Anakin's face as he carried the very lifelike dead body inside.

Yoda in the senate chamber watching JarJar address the senate.

The Dug in the air taxi who calls Obi "Jedi poodoo!" when he whizzes past hanging onto the assasin droid.

The death of stupid looking Coleman Trebor.

The Geonosian control room. What a cool environment! I want a playset of that right now! the hologram battle board was so cool.

Obi-Wan wiping the floor with Anakin after Padme falls out the gunship. About time he gave the whiny streak of **** a good tongue lashing. I'd have sliced Anakin in two if it had been me, but... :evil:

Dooku's look of bitter disappointment in his opponents after he slices Anakin's arm off. Like he's thinking "what a shame it came to this. Two promising Jedi and they could have been turned." His respect for them is that he doesn't destroy either of them right then and there.

Yoda absorbing the Sith lightning in his hand. luscious moment.

The pain on Padme's face when the Nexu slashed her back. :evil:

Casual George
05-23-2002, 05:31 PM
I loved everything that's been mentioned. One really cool moment for me was in the speeder chase between Anikin, Obi-Wan and Zam, at one point they are cruising over an industrial looking landscape of smokestacks with fire belching in to the sky...a direct tribute to "Blade Runner". Awesome shot. Thanks ILM!

Darth Nihilus
05-24-2002, 10:28 AM
My favourite scene hands down was Anakin's confession to Padme. Hayden delivered it perfectly and it was intense and foreshadowed his fall.

Yoda's lighsaber duel - nuff said.

Palpatine overlooking the Clone Army as the Imperial March played. This shot had everything - a sensible link to the OT, the sense of impending doom.

mrmiller
05-24-2002, 11:14 AM
I like Anakin's confession to Padme too, up to the point where Padme goes over and comforts him. It all "Oh, He's a mass murderer- I love him." His performance was good, she should have been a little more disgusted or at least confused.

eliwankenobi
05-24-2002, 03:56 PM
There were a lot of very powerful, forshadowing scenes that I really liked, but more than any scene, I think I like the score the most. I love how John Williams incorporated so many of the OT themes and what they implied. I also think that the "love theme" is very moving. This is probably my fave score next to ESB's.

jjreason
05-24-2002, 07:26 PM
Some obvious things that haven't been mentioned:

"This party's over." Wow. What a wicked line. Best thing since "Now this is Podaracing!" (yikes, really kidding there).

Dexter Jettster.

Poggle the Lesser and the whole Geonosian language, our first new Star Wars language since ROJ. Pretty cool.

But the winner of course has to be Yoda, riding on the drop ship like freakin' Robert Duval in Apocalypse Now. I love the smell of Gimer sticks and snake stew in the morning! Smells like....350 million bucks in revenue.

This movie rocked.