PDA

View Full Version : Which Mace Windu Figure Should I Get?

IcebergSlim
05-17-2002, 10:45 AM
Geonosian Rescue or the deluxe Mace?? Both of them don't look too great, but I have to get at least 1 Mace Windu.

leenovak
05-17-2002, 10:51 AM
I was holding out to see the Genosian Mace, and now that I have....I bought the deluxe.

Genosian Mace looks like he's trying to pass some stones or something.

Dryanta
05-17-2002, 11:05 AM
yep Buy the deluxe.He's not great but compared to the Geo rescue he's a master piece

eliwankenobi
05-17-2002, 11:15 AM
Go for the deluxe.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-17-2002, 11:39 AM
I don't see what's wrong with Deluxe Mace. His sculpt is fairly good IMHO. I can't wait to get that sucker!

:)

Taichi
05-17-2002, 11:42 AM
Okay, I don't have the Deluxe Mace, and if you want the best possible Mace figure, go for the Mail Away (IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT)

but the best Episode II Mace, is definitely the Deluxe.....

I have Geonosian Rescue Mace, and while I like him (Mace is my favorite character), he's not for everybody......

I hadda put a lot of work into making him stand in a convincing pose.....why Hasbro didn't give him articulated wrists is beyond me (I think he's just a reused Qui Gon Mold, from what I hear)

I took one of those clear rubber bands, and wrapped it around his 'action' wrist, then looped it over his elbow, so it looks like he's swinging his saber upward.....it looks cool, but it's pretty much a permanent pose, and really the only one he looks good in.......

hope this helps

IcebergSlim
05-17-2002, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the replies. I picked up a deluxe during my lunch break.

Taichi
05-17-2002, 12:12 PM
Cool, be happy with your new figure!!!, if it doesn't make you happy, then something must be wrong!!!

frankly, I've been happy with every figure since Saga was launched......some could be better, but hey......we can't have everything.......

Dexter Jettster is my current favorite figure......

I have well over a dozen Saga figures......there's very few new figures that I want, that I don't have.......but both Maces could've been better.....

IcebergSlim
05-17-2002, 12:57 PM
I think this is AOTC figure #25 for me. I'm pretty impressed with the line so far.

JEDIpartner
05-17-2002, 02:58 PM
I think the Mace GR figure is awful. The deluxe one is better... but stinks unless you want him to say "Talk to the hand mutha sucka!!!" or have him run around making airplane noises. This one would be better if he could put his arms down.

If you want a more "playable" Mace... go for that Mail Away version. You can get them for around $8.99 USD from Brian's Toys.

pthfnder89
05-17-2002, 03:03 PM
If you want a Mace who looks like he's fighting then I think the Deluxe is great. I also have a LOT of fun with GR Maces gimmick, but he doesn't make a very good stand alone figure. I just love swatting FB Jangos head off :D:D:D Lol, I just don't seem to get tired of that...

But for any non-Arena Mace, the mail-away is the way to go.

Dak Powers
05-17-2002, 04:09 PM
Or, the Episode I Mace would work just fine.

JediTricks
05-18-2002, 05:16 PM
I too think Deluxe Mace is better than Basic Mace. Basic Mace (Geonosian Rescue) is just a strange figure: huge, ugly elbow joint; gimmick button on the back; and a really doofy-looking face. At least Deluxe Mace has eyes. :rolleyes:

Jaina Solo
05-23-2002, 03:09 PM
I keep meaning to pick up a Toothpaste Commercial Mace, AKA Extra-Whitening Mace, AKA Deluxe Mace, but would you believe our Targets are sold out? It's quite sad.