PDA

View Full Version : question

Masterjedi73
05-17-2002, 12:50 PM
Why doesn't anybody remember anyone from the prequels???
Example:

Threepio doesn't remember the homestead or the skywalker name

Lars doesn't remember the droids

obi wan doesn't remember the droids

what's up??? any speculation?

Pendo
05-17-2002, 12:54 PM
This is what I think, but there are no definate answers until Episode III:

Threepio could of had a memory wipe,

Lars doesn't remember the droids because it's about 20 years since he last seen them, and they look different (well 3PO does),

Obi-Wan hasn't met 3PO yet, and check out this thread (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6637) about R2.

Hope this helps.

PENDO!

bobafett07728
05-17-2002, 12:57 PM
My speculation. . .and its purely that:

Threepio & R2-D2 have their memoryies erased.

Threepio looks very different to Owen, and Beru, and neither of them interacted with R2 enough to remember him( with the exception of him coming to tell Anakin and Amidala about the transmission).

Obi-Wan doesn't know C-3PO(correct me if I'm wrong)

Obi-Wan knows R2-D2 as Amidala's droid, and doesn't do much interacting with him. As far as Obi goes, R2 is one of the many droids that he encounters in the republic.

But who knows. . .

bobafett07728
05-17-2002, 12:57 PM
Sorry about the misspelling:
memoryies = memories

chris
06-05-2002, 11:27 AM
I can understand Lars and Obi-wan just having poor memories, but I really hope the droids get their memories wiped in E3, its the only real logical course of action. Just one of the many questions that E3 has to answer.

icatch9
06-05-2002, 11:36 AM
It's been confirmed by George Lucas that the droids have their memories erased. I read a link from SSG, but he said it in a recent interview. So it's that simple with the droids.

Obi Wan doesn't remember because he didn't interact that much with R2, but astromech droids are a dime a dozen. They aren't regarded with much affection, at least in the way we think of them. Would you remember a power drill your friend had 30 years ago? Probably not, especially when everyone had a power drill that looked almost the same. We cannot expect Obi Wan to remember just because R2 is so loved by us, the audience.

Further more all he says is that he doesnít remember ever owning a droid. Which he probably didnít since Jedi were not allowed to have possessions in the days of the Republic. Plus, Ben never says for certain if he does remember R2 D2 or not. He doesnít say he does remember him, but he doesnít say Iíve never seen or met him before. So, it's those little loop holes that will get GL through this much talked about issue.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-05-2002, 04:50 PM
However, Obi-Wan worked closely with R4-P17 in AOTC, but maybe R4 was the possession of the Council or whoever lent him the ship. Don't know, either way.

Darkross
06-06-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by icatch9
Further more all he says is that he doesnít remember ever owning a droid. Which he probably didnít since Jedi were not allowed to have possessions in the days of the Republic. Plus, Ben never says for certain if he does remember R2 D2 or not. He doesnít say he does remember him, but he doesnít say Iíve never seen or met him before. So, it's those little loop holes that will get GL through this much talked about issue.

True...Obi-Wan never owned R2D2. By saying "I don't remember ever owning a droid!"...he dances around Luke's statement about R2 searching for his former master. One thing about Obi-Wan...is that he's a clever Jedi!