PDA

View Full Version : why does qui-gonn touch jar jars shoulder...

ki-adi mundi's bro
09-13-2001, 07:09 PM
and make him look like he's drunk?? i think it has the same concept as a vulcan mindmelt....they also refer to star terk alot...
like "there is no LOGIC in the trade federations move here."

bigbarada
09-13-2001, 10:11 PM
It's the Jedi version of Force Lightning which actually requires physical contact to deliver the electric shocks. Used to subdue anxious locals. Qui-Gonn actually overestimated Jar Jar's stamina as evidenced by the Gungan's instant unconsciousness and Obi-Wan's comment, "You overdid it."

If you want proof of this then too bad, cuz I just made it up.:D

GNT
09-14-2001, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by ki-adi mundi's bro
and make him look like he's drunk?? i think it has the same concept as a vulcan mindmelt....they also refer to star terk alot...
like "there is no LOGIC in the trade federations move here."

Qui-Gon did it too Jar Jar Binks to calm him down!

JediTricks
09-14-2001, 01:00 PM
Qui-Gon is trying to use the Force to instill calm in the panicky Gungan, but ends up putting him to sleep, which is why Obi-Wan follows this up with "You overdid it."

Here's how it went in the script:
OBI-WAN is working with the sparking wires. JAR JAR panics.

QUI-GON: Stay calm. We're not in trouble yet.
JAR JAR: What yet? Monstairs out dare! Leak'n in here, all'n sink'n, and nooooo power! You nutsen! WHEN YOUSA TINK WESA IN TROUBLE?!!!?
OBI-WAN: Power's back.

The lights flicker on, revealing an ugly COLO CLAW FISH right in front of them.

JAR JAR: Monstairs back!

The large COLO CLAW FISH is surprised and rears back. The sub turns around and speeds away.

JAR JAR: (Cont'd) Wesa in trouble now??
QUI-GON: Relax.

QUI-GON puts his hand on JAR JAR's shoulder. JAR JAR relaxes into a coma.

OBI-WAN: You overdid it.

JEDIpartner
09-17-2001, 02:19 PM
Hey JediTricks... thanks for including that nice little snippet from the script. I was going to add that in here too! I see you beat me to it.

It's a good thing that JarJar didn't relax SO much that he loosened his bowels right there in the Bongo! That would would have definitely smelled "stink-o-whiff!"

evenflow
09-17-2001, 06:14 PM
I would say to calm him down.

Lobito
09-20-2001, 09:34 PM
Can the jedi actually calm down humans/aliens just by touching them?? They should have applied this technique b4 Anakin became Vader, guess OB1 didnt studied that lesson!!:D

GNT
09-21-2001, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Lobito
Can the jedi actually calm down humans/aliens just by touching them?? They should have applied this technique b4 Anakin became Vader, guess OB1 didnt studied that lesson!!:D

Maybe it doesn't work on other Jedi?Works on the weak minded aka Jar Jar :)?

JediTricks
09-21-2001, 07:31 AM
Lobito, I would think that the "calm down" power is really just part of the Jedi Force power of suggestion, like telling the Sandtrooper that he's thinking "these aren't the droids you're looking for".

Fulit
09-21-2001, 11:37 AM
The real reason is, Qui-Gon is a compulsive touchy-feely kinda guy who can't keep his hands off anyone. Note the way he puts his hands on Anakin and Shmi's shoulders, and then strokes Obi-Wan's face before he dies. The guy obviously has a problem keeping his mitts to himself.

Obi-Don
09-23-2001, 07:50 AM
Maybe he is just one of those touchy feelly kind of guys.

GNT
09-24-2001, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Obi-Don

It can mean only one thing ;)

Rollo Tomassi
09-24-2001, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Obi-Don

Well, that explains why he got shivved by Maul. He was admiring DM's supple buttocks, thinking how he'd like to stroke them and wasn't paying attention to the lightsaber duel and got hisself gutted.... chump Qui Gon...