PDA

View Full Version : Busts in the Jedi Library

Mace Windex
05-17-2002, 02:23 PM
IN the Jedi Library scene we see Obiwan looking at a bust of some Jedi. At first I thought it may have been Qui-Gon but I didn't notice any long hair. Could it be Dooku?
Anyone know?

Battle Droid
05-17-2002, 02:25 PM
Yeah that was Dooku, there was a scene cut there where they talk about Dooku and the Lost Twenty.

QLD
05-17-2002, 02:26 PM
Maybe it was Beethoven, you know, like the one Bruce Wayne used in the Batman TV show to hide the entrance to the Batcave? Or.....maybe not. :D

therock0603
05-26-2002, 02:15 PM
Ok, in the Jedi library, there is a bust of Dooku that Obi-Wan is looking at. Why does the Jedi council have a bust of him when he's a runaway Jedi who has turned to the dark side?

Lman316
05-26-2002, 02:24 PM
Because he was probably a highly respected member of the Jedi Order before he left. And just because he left, it didn't change the Jedi's opinion of him (he was still a good man, they thought), so they left it up.
But I bet anything that they'd be taking that down before Episode 3 :D.

therock0603
05-26-2002, 02:37 PM
Sure as heck.

therock0603
05-26-2002, 03:45 PM
And yes, it was Dooku for sure because it says so in the newest Star Wars insider.

Dar' Argol
05-26-2002, 04:37 PM
They are the busts of the "Lost Twenty". I posted this in another thread so I'm copying it here too:

It was a scene that was cut from the movie. When Obi goes to see Jocasta Nu in the archives we see him standing at a statue. He is what was cut:

The old woman smiled and walked past him to regard the bust of Count Dooku. "He has a powerful face, doesn't he?" she commented, her quite tone taking the tension out of the meeting. "He was one of the most brilliant Jedi I have had the privilege of knowing."
I never understood why he quit," Obi-Wan said, following Jocasta Nu's look at the bust. "Only twenty Jedi have ever left the Order."
"The Lost Twenty." Jocasta Nu said with a profound sigh. "And Count Dooku was the most recent and the most painful. No one likes to talk about it. His leaving was a great loss to the Order."
"What happened."
"Well, one might say he was a bit out of step with the decisions of the Council,: the Archivist replied. "Much like your old Master, Qui-Gon."
Even though Obi-Wan has just been thinking the same thing, somewhat, to hear Jocasta Nu speak the words so definitively caught him off guard, and painted Qui-Gon in a more rebellious light than he had ever concidered. He knw his former Master had his moments, of course, the greatest of those being the comfrontations concerning Anakin, but he had never thought of Qui-Gon as that much of a rebel. Apparently, Jocasta Nu, who had her finger as squarely as anyone on the pulse of the Jedi Temple, did.
"Really?" Obi-Wan prompted, wanting the information about Dooku, of course, but also hoping to garner some insight into his old and beloved Master.
"Oh, yes, they were alike in many ways. Very individual thinkers. Idealists." She stared at the bust intently, and it seemed to Obi-Wan as if she had suddenly gone far away. "He was always striving to become a more powerful Jedi. He wanted to be the best. With a lightsaber, in the old style of fencing, he had no match. His knowledge of the Force was . . . unique. In the end, I think he left because he lost faith in the Republic. He believed that the politics were corrupt . . ."
Jocasta Nu paused for a moment and looked at Obi-Wan, a very revealing expression that showed she did not think Dooku as out of step as many of the others apparently did.
"And he felt that the Jedi betrayed themselves by serving the politicians," the Archivist stated.
Obi-Wan blinked, soaking in the words. He knew that many, Qui-Gon included-even himself included, at times-often felt the same way.
"He always had vey high expectations of government," Jocasta Nu went on. "He diappeared for nine or ten years, then just showed up recently as the head of the separatist movement."
"Interesting," Obi-Wan remarked, looking from the bust to the Archivist. "I'm still not sure I understand."
"None of us does," Jocasta Mu replied, her serious expression melting into a warm smile. "Well, I'm sure you didn't call me over here for a history lesson. Are you having problems Master Kenobi?"
"Yes, I'm trying to find a planet system called Kamino. It doesn't seem to show . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "

And you know the rest. Page 157-159 of the book. But for the answers to everything, please refer to page 276!:rolleyes: :D

therock0603
05-26-2002, 05:01 PM
Thanks Dar' Argol!

Beast
05-26-2002, 05:08 PM
Here is a picture of the Dooku bust, incase your intrested. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
05-26-2002, 07:25 PM
Check out the latest Insider, they shed some light on this issue.

Lman316
05-26-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
They are the busts of the "Lost Twenty". I posted this in another thread so I'm copying it here too:

It was a scene that was cut from the movie. When Obi goes to see Jocasta Nu in the archives we see him standing at a statue. He is what was cut:

I don't think that that means the busts are of the "Lost Twenty". I mean, she never comes right out and says the busts are of them. She just starts talking about the "Lost Twenty".
I was reading on SW.com about the Seperatists, and they offered this under Dooku's file:

Despite such stubbornness, the Jedi Archives record Dooku as being a formidable Jedi. He settled numerous disputes on scattered worlds and was unequaled in a classical form of lightsaber combat. Dooku was a man of remarkable character and remarkable lineage.

He was powerful and a dang good Jedi. I think that's why they had the bust of him. To show appreciation or even admiration for such a formidable ally (when he was one).

Dar' Argol
05-26-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Lman316
I don't think that that means the busts are of the "Lost Twenty". I mean, she never comes right out and says the busts are of them. She just starts talking about the "Lost Twenty".

I know JarJar will correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the archives has twenty busts in it. Is this a coincidense(sp) or is this the lost twenty. The only pics I have that shows all the busts is this one:

Jedi Archives (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=64275)

Beast
05-26-2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
I know JarJar will correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the archives has twenty busts in it. Is this a coincidense(sp) or is this the lost twenty. The only pics I have that shows all the busts is this one:
Jedi Archives (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=64275)
According to the visual dictionary, "The Archives offers many oppertunities for reflection. Statues remind Jedi not only of the great and the good, but also of the "Lost 20"- the only Jedi to leave the order volunterily." Remeber, we really only see one of the areas of the library, and if it really contains as much info as rumored, there is plenty of room for more statues. So yes, the whole lost 20 are on display, as well as many more. Somewhere, I bet Yaddle and Yareal are on display. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mace Windex
05-27-2002, 12:05 AM
What happened to YAddle anyway? I was hoping to see more of her.

Beast
05-27-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Mace Windex
What happened to YAddle anyway? I was hoping to see more of her.
She's dead. Sometime during the years between E1 and E2, Yareal and her both died. So far how she died, is unknown.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7802

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Croaker
05-27-2002, 09:45 AM
I like that bit in the quote from the visual dictionary about 'voluntarily'.
That means that there may be more ex-jedis, the ones who were kicked out instead of choosing to leave.

Dar' Argol
05-27-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Croaker
I like that bit in the quote from the visual dictionary about 'voluntarily'.
That means that there may be more ex-jedis, the ones who were kicked out instead of choosing to leave.

If I remember correctly they try not to "kick" anyone out of the Order. A half trained or Po'ed Jedi is very dangerous. Hense who the Dark Jedi came about in EU. That is always an interesting angle to work. A PO'ed Jedi back to kick his kicker outter's butts!!:D

Darth_Stevious
05-27-2002, 07:36 PM
Stories of the Lost Twenty: Sounds like a pretty good EU Novel/Comic series to me.

JediTricks
05-28-2002, 09:37 PM
There ARE 20 busts in the scene, but according to this month's insider, page 15:

JEDI MASTER BUSTS

Portrait busts in the [Jedi] Archive honor great Jedi masters, leaders, and lost colleagues... sculptures displayed here to encourage living Jedi to look upon them and reflect.