PDA

View Full Version : Peasant Disguise Anakin

bobafett07728
05-17-2002, 01:41 PM
OK. . .from the moment I bought this figure on 4/23, I have been dissapointed. I mean the whole "retro" lightsaber in the arm thing was really dumb. . .but NOW!!!!! After seeing the movie I have come to the conclusion that this figure is absolutely a piece of crap!!!!! What is the point of that box he comes with? And why in Hasbro does he come with a gun?!?!?!?! I don't recall him having a gun in the movie. . .and let alone storing it in a big box. I can get over the fact that some figures that they have made don't get more that a second of screen time, some may not get any (I still can't locate a Nikto Jedi,) but this is ridiculous. This is a main character, and they just missed the boat!!!! Look at it from a kids point of view. They buy the toy hoping to re-enact scenes from the movie and. . .they are forced to create make- believe scenes with their gun totin' Ani. Most kids will TRY to lose his accessories because they HAVE NO POINT!! Sorry. . . but I just felt I had to rant on this one.

bigbarada
05-17-2002, 01:49 PM
He never even uses a lightsaber while in that outfit. So it makes no sense to have it embedded in his arm.

bobafett07728
05-17-2002, 01:51 PM
AHHHHHH. . .another reason to absolutely hate that figure!!!! Being that it is STUCK in its arm, I forget that he even comes with that "accessory."

Excellent bigbarada. . .excellent.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-17-2002, 01:58 PM
I think he's a pretty decent figure, except for that Lightsaber sticking out of his hand. I don't mind the gun or the crate at all.

:)

Beast
05-17-2002, 02:08 PM
The figure was based on the plan that there would be another assassination attempt on Padme while she and Anakin were on the transport. The idea of another assassination attempt was dropped, so the figure has become quasi EU. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

wedgeA
05-17-2002, 02:15 PM
After seeing the film, I have to agree with the criticism, especially since he only wears that outfit for a couple of scenes. I think that the figure should have been outfitted in his Padawan outfit and cloak, as to separate it from HD Anakin.

JarJar,

I aggree that Hasbro must have made some of the figures based sources that were changed in the final cut of the movie (ie Dooku has a green lightsaber and a Holo Sidious?). I guess that some inaccuracies are part of the deal in getting our figures early.

Beast
05-17-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by wedgeA
JarJar, I aggree that Hasbro must have made some of the figures based sources that were changed in the final cut of the movie (ie Dooku has a green lightsaber and a Holo Sidious?). I guess that some inaccuracies are part of the deal in getting our figures early.
Aye, that's why the removable cloak idea was dropped on Luminara, and the pipe was dropped on Dexter. Sadly the idea that all the Jedi's would ditch their outer cloaks as the battle starts was changed, making Plo's figure inaccurate. But of course, Eeth Koth does ditch his, so the POTJ figure doesn't exactly fit in the arena either. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
05-17-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
so the figure has become quasi EU. :)

So you're saying his right arm is EU, the rest of him is canon?:D

In all actuality, I think Hasbro just wanted to test the waters with the retro-lightsaber gimmick to see how well it flew. Thus they used a throw-away version of Anakin (this outfit will be resculpted, we're in for years of Anakin resculpts) and tossed in a really nice diorama prop so the figure wouldn't be a total loss.

JediTricks
05-18-2002, 05:17 PM
I think Ani OPD is an ok figure, but I really just like the Force gimmicks of the box and weapon.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-18-2002, 05:59 PM
Same here. I kinda like the detail on that crate. Would make for a nice Cantina or Jabba's Palace accessory.

:)

JEDI_REDEEMER
05-18-2002, 09:10 PM
I guess its due to me being 28 but I love this figure just because of the saber..... now If I had a vintage package to go with that vintage saber

Jayspawn
05-19-2002, 12:56 AM
I think the Hayden Christensen likeness on this figure stinks. The whole magnet-gun-box thing doesn't work at all. The box is a cool accessory because it works great for scene building. The gun is ok, accept that he can't hold it. And he can't do much with his lightsaber. Neat idea, but I don't think it worked too well. His outfit has nice detail.

Taichi
05-19-2002, 12:39 PM
Well, I think that if the retro saber looked better, we'd be a lot happier with it........

I think it's a nice throwback to the vintage days.....but ultimately, it shouldn't be redone on any other figures......

mark2d2
05-19-2002, 11:02 PM
I thought this figure was fun. I have a feeling that the gun and computer were from a cut scene . . .

Sometimes I wish people would simply just NOT buy figures that they so obviously dislike ---- I know, I know, such a novel concept ---- and just stop their complaining.