PDA

View Full Version : I got freeze frame Weequay! Here's the badnews..

OriginalBryGuy
05-17-2002, 03:18 PM
The badnews is it's Canadian, but hey, I'll take what I can get. I wouldn't part with it, but am curious to learn if anyone has one out there, or know if it's worth as much as the 'American' version. Thanks.

U.K.BOY
05-17-2002, 05:09 PM
I too have the Canadian Weequay.

It is currently going for $35-50 and the American is going for $440.

U.K.Boy.

Turbowars
05-17-2002, 08:36 PM
I bought the US version for $399 and the Canadian for $40. The prices have dropped, so you should be able get the US for about $350 and the Caandian for 25.

QLD
05-18-2002, 02:25 AM
400 dollars for a toy? I just can't even conceive that possibility. I love my star wars figures, but I can't even bring myself to pay 15, let alone 400.

LTBasker
05-18-2002, 05:10 AM
I don't see the point really... Variants are fun to have - when they don't cost an arm and a leg. :D

U.K.BOY
05-18-2002, 06:40 AM
Ker-ching (sound of hitting the nail on the head, Well Kind of !).

My own thoughts of variations you share (as Yoda would say).

Still, if the variations hunters are busy looking for paint errors/items missing from packages etc, it leaves the properly finished figures for the rest of us.

Laters.

U.K.Boy.

swjunk
05-19-2002, 02:18 PM
Unfortunately U.K BOY us variation/error collectors also collect the properly carded figures. Which of course the FF Weequay is one.

Some of us are completests and are willing to pay to get anything and everything different. It is boring waiting for Hasbro to release new figures, so we fill up our time and keep our love of SW figures alive by hunting the variations and errors. Since none of you all care about the errors/variations, please if you find any can you email one of us crazies. I am sure that we will make it worth your while.

Thanks,

Matthew

sith_killer_99
05-19-2002, 02:52 PM
Is the Freeze Frame Weequay in fact a variation?

YES...and NO!

Since he was offered on a regular green card (with or without holo) many collectors would say yes.

However, most completists collect MAJOR variations, ie. Orange Cards, Green Cards, Freeze Frames, etc. as SETS.

It really all depends on your point of view.

I personally do not consider him a variation. I collect in sets, for the most part, and consider the Freeze Frame set to be all 56 figs!

I also have the easier to find Canadian Freeze Frame Weequay in my COMPLETE Freeze Frame set.

I cannot justify spending $300.00+ for a 3.75 inch plastic toy. The day that I do is the day that I win a MAJOR lottery, or the day I need professional help.

BTW, the new line has destroyed my completist ways. Too much GARBAGE in the new line to be worth while, like EP1 Deluxe garbage. It is an insult to collectors and kids alike.

swjunk
05-19-2002, 02:58 PM
FF Weequay is a properly carded figure, it is NOT a variation or error. He is way too expensive and stupid Hasbro is to blame for that.

U.K.BOY
05-19-2002, 03:04 PM
Yeah I know you also collect the "standard" figures also.

Feel free to email me a list of any Variations/errors you are looking for.I will see what I can do or if I have any already.You never know about your own collection as different people are looking for different things.

U.K.Boy.

swjunk
05-19-2002, 06:44 PM
That is very true!! You can also email me your need list. I am perfectly willing to help anyone that needs something. The UK gets the COOLEST variations!!!! I.E. THX inserts & OC SOTE, to name a couple.

I actually have a large list of POTJ figures that I am looking for, but only need 8 or 9 EP 1 variations.

EP 1:

Darth Maul (Jedi Duel) EP 1 holo pink chin .O2OO
Battle Droid EP 1 holo slice THICK slices .OO
Boss Nass EP 1 holo dull card .OO
EP 1 holo Unemphasized "Electronic" .O1OO
Ki-Adi-Mundi EP 1 holo dull card thick hilt .OO
EP 1 holo Unemphasized "Electronic" thin hilt .O1OO
EP 1 holo Unemphasized "Electronic" thick hilt .O1OO
Chancellor Valorum EP 1 holo dull card black under bubble .OO
EP 1 holo dull card black over bubble .OO

U.K.BOY
05-19-2002, 06:49 PM
Also post or send me that other list of wants and I will work on them together,both from my collection and also local dealers/shops.

U.K.Boy.

sith_killer_99
05-19-2002, 06:58 PM
WOW, I enjoy collecting foreign card variations. But I never got into the whole pink chin, thin line, thick line...nitty gritty error stuff.

I do have a few gems that I have found in stores and came across in trades.

When the POTJ first hit my wife bought a few European figs (the Multi-language cards NOT the stickers).

I also have a Freeze Frame Luke Stormtrooper without the mouthpiece painted.

I also just worked out a trade for the "Secret Luke" sticker Dagobah Darth Vader.

I also snagged the 2 variations of IG-88.;)

QLD
05-23-2002, 12:42 PM
What in the blue hell is a thick or thin slice? I don't collect messed up toys, but I am curious.

U.K.BOY
05-23-2002, 12:57 PM
I believe that refers to the size of the slice marks on the Torso of the EP1 Battle Droids.

As with a lot of figures and vehicle paintjobs/stickers, there are very distinct variations and many are highly sought after.

Try the Boba Fett circles/emblems variations or the Y Wing pilot helmet that some come with only one Rebel insignia.

U.K.Boy.