PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else feel sorry for the Arena beasts?

Battle Droid
05-17-2002, 03:35 PM
Yeah I know they were trying to kill the heros, but look what they went thru, Geonosians shocking the S**T out of them, and they probably treated them much worse than that, and they made the Reek eat meat, when it's a herbivore.

You'd be ****ed off too. :D

QLD
05-17-2002, 03:37 PM
I feel sorry for the Reek because it's name is Reek. That is just not a pleasant name.

Battle Droid
05-17-2002, 03:40 PM
I loved it when the Nexu jumped up and pulled the Geonosian off the Ooray and ate it, I was cheering the Nexu on.

pthfnder89
05-17-2002, 03:43 PM
I feel bad for the Reek, but the Nexu and especially the Acklay get no sympathy from me. They seemed to enjoy themselves too much.;)

Jonna
05-17-2002, 03:46 PM
Oh, come on people can't you see that the kitty just wanted to Play!!!

Battle Droid
05-17-2002, 03:48 PM
LOL yeah. he/she just wanted Padme to pet it.

QLD
05-17-2002, 03:49 PM
Wanted her to pet what? Tell me, I am dying to know!

pthfnder89
05-17-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Jonna
Oh, come on people can't you see that the kitty just wanted to Play!!!

Yeah, it was really cool how ILM gave them very distinct personalities. The Nexu kitty was pretty much just playing around, the Reek had to be bullied into fighting, and the Acklay was just plain MEAN!

Bosskman
05-17-2002, 03:53 PM
I feel sorry for all three. I initially though that the Nexu was so damn ugly I'd love it when it got gored by the Reek but when I saw it on film I felt bad. I also felt bad for the Rancor, and the Naboo beasts in the Gungan/Droid Battle. The only SW beast I never felt bad for was the Wampa. Don't know why. I'm an animal lover, even if they're only imaginary monsters.

Battle Droid
05-17-2002, 03:53 PM
I could've sworn I heard the Nexu purr. ;)

Jonna
05-17-2002, 04:07 PM
The kitty was high on catnip I tell ya. High as a Kite.

JediTricks
05-18-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
I feel bad for the Reek, but the Nexu and especially the Acklay get no sympathy from me. They seemed to enjoy themselves too much.;) Same here. I also felt bad for how cruelly the Reek and Acklay were killed - even Obi-Wan was un-Jedi-like in his extended destruction of the Acklay.

mylow thehutt
05-19-2002, 04:09 PM
I cried:(

Tarkin the otter
05-19-2002, 04:37 PM
I loved the Acklay tossing battle droids everywhere, but Obi-wan's face when he killed it was best....pure 'got you at last you b*****d!'

2-1B
05-19-2002, 07:25 PM
I saw Obi-Wan's slaying of the Acklay as fairly humane. The thing is so high that he had to take off the front legs and then give it a body shot to lower it enough to deliver a humane death blow.

Or he could have just pulled a daring Jedi jump and taken it's head off. :D

Beast
05-19-2002, 07:30 PM
Atleast, unlike the toy...we don't actually see the guts fall out of the Acklay in the movie. I saw him make the belly slash, and thankfully, they stayed away from showing the innards falling out. Sure, I know that that is what happened, but thanks for leaving it to my imagination Lucas. If I wanted to watch something like that, I could have stayed home and watched Hannibal. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
05-20-2002, 02:00 AM
Or you could have stayed home and watched ESB. :)

Megs 2
05-20-2002, 09:21 AM
I agree w/Bosskman. I also loves animals & I felt bad for those 3 as well as the creature which carried the cart which Anakin & Padme were riding on. I know it's just an exciting, breathtaking movie, but I didn't like Obi-wan chopping off the Ackley legs, (ouch!) then delievering the last blow. Sorry but that's my opinion.

Lman316
05-20-2002, 10:35 AM
Yeah, I kinda felt sorry for them too. And actually, before I even saw the movie, I saw a picture of the destoryer droids surrounding the Reek (it's on the soundtrack inside cover). And I said, "I just hope they don't hurt the Reek." But I knew that they were going to. Even if it wasn't the droids.
And I felt bad for the others too, the Ackaly and the Nexu. And I too felt bad for the Rancor - it just made this whine/grunt noise when it died and it sounded just like a puppy or something.
It wasn't fair, dangnabit :cry:

Taichi
05-20-2002, 10:45 AM
call me cold, but I don't feel sorry for that which does not exist.....

Jargo
05-20-2002, 03:24 PM
What a bunch of girly wussies! They're freakin' monsters that deserved to be fried. It's made up lala land stuff IT ISN'T REAL! No animals were harmed in the making of this motion picture. The animals used in this motion picture were supervised by the humane society of the USA and were highly trained animals skilled at mimmicking death.

Call me cold and heartless cuz I just do not care one iota for the damn beasts. made up monsters are made up monsters.

Did you cry when they blew up the countles millions of people on Alderaan? Does that give you sleepless nights and nightmares thinking how they cruelly fried the Alderaan population? Or how many died on the death stars or the star destroyers? Gimme a break people. It's make believe. Sniff the coffee and go look out a window to the real world and get some perspective. :D

Lman316
05-20-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
What a bunch of girly wussies! They're freakin' monsters that deserved to be fried. It's made up lala land stuff IT ISN'T REAL! No animals were harmed in the making of this motion picture. The animals used in this motion picture were supervised by the humane society of the USA and were highly trained animals skilled at mimmicking death.

Call me cold and heartless cuz I just do not care one iota for the damn beasts. made up monsters are made up monsters.

Did you cry when they blew up the countles millions of people on Alderaan? Does that give you sleepless nights and nightmares thinking how they cruelly fried the Alderaan population? Or how many died on the death stars or the star destroyers? Gimme a break people. It's make believe. Sniff the coffee and go look out a window to the real world and get some perspective. :D

But....but....but those animals were just SO cute. How could you just not adore them? It's not fair, I tells ya. It's just not fair :cry:

Meh...I know they're not real, but my imagination kinda supercedes that. I get thinkin' of my dog and my tarantula (so big bugs and stuff I kinda have an attachment to - even though nothing in the arena was really a bug) and, well, I don't know. I know it's all make believe and it doesn't REALLY bother me. But mesa like animals.

On the Alderaan note, no I really wouldn't care. 'Cause people can be mean on purpose, while animals are just acting on instinct, lol. :crazed: So there! :p

(Note: I'm just joking around. Not really mad, but it seems as though people are taking my meaning differently than how I present them. Repeat: I'm just joking around :). )

Bosskman
05-20-2002, 07:36 PM
I'm just joking too. When I was a kid I couldn't watch a TV show or movie where an animal died. Sorry if you think that's stupid Jargo but I was a freakin kid, what did I know. My feelings on the arena beasts, even though I know they are not real, were just residual from my child hood. As far as Alderaan goes, I remember when I saw the Art of SW books that showed those huge beasts that were sorta like living blimps, my first thought was "that blasted Tarkin murdered those blimp thingys".

PS I felt bad for the reek on the CD jacket too. The poor reek.

Jargo
05-20-2002, 09:04 PM
Wipe them out, all of them..... especially that pesky giant strawberry looking one with the horns...... and the kitty cat one..... and that stupid one that the bugs were riding. Yes, especially the dumb animals of burden. And when you're done cook them and serve me a meal of the best cuts. I want a Reek steak - medium rare. :evil: