PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones Line.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
09-14-2001, 12:27 AM
I just thought I'd star a new thread for this idea since the last one got way off topic, largely due to my own opinions. If we want Hasbro to listen, we can't go off an tangents in this forum. I for one would love to see and Indy line, done at the quality level of POTJ. I don't collect any other lines consistently except Star Wars, but I think if this was done right, I'd probably be willing to part with many $$$ for it. I'm posting Brave Sir Robin's list of suggestions, which began the last thread. For the record, I agree with these suggestions more or less. I'd also add that I'd hope for a lot of figures from Temple of Doom, as I think it has most of the coolest-looking costumes.

From Brave Sir Robin:

Indiana Jones (leather jacket) w/ bullwhip, idol and sandbag
Marion Ravenwood w/ medallion & vodka bottle
German Mechanic w/ removable hat, jacket and wrench
Short Round w/ removable cap & playing cards
Mola Ram w/ removable head gear & stones
Henry Jones Sr. w/ removable hat, suitcase and diary
Grail Guardian Knight w/ Holy Grail, sword and Bible

Indiana Jones (Temple) w/ bullwhip and machete
German Officer w/ interchangable normal and melting heads
Willie Scott w/ anditdote & ash pot
Marcus brody w/ apple
Maha Raja w/ Indy Voodoo doll
German Officer from Crusade w/ shovel and pistol

Indiana Jones in Arab disguise w/ staff of Ra
Sallah w/ bad dates
Dr. Elsa Scnieder w/ record player
Eyepatch guy w/ monkey
Indy in German Officer disguise
Walter Donovan w/ interchangable normal and rotting heads

VEHICLES
Motorcycle w/ Indy and Henry
Horse w/ Indy
Camel w/ sallah
German Tank
Truck w/ Lost Ark & Driver figure.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
09-14-2001, 12:29 AM
And this list is from evenflow:

1. Indy w/ gun, pouch, whip, and Gold Idle
2. Indy in German uniform
3. Indy w/ Knife no jacket
4. Indy w/ removable hat & grail
5. Henry Jones w/ removable hat & grail diary
6. Young Indiana w/ cross and dog
7. Marion Ravenwood w/ medallion
8. Belloq w/ map
9. Belloq in Ceremonial Gown
10. Sallah w/ torch
11. German soldier w/ gun
12. German Mechanic w/ wrench
13. German General w/ baton
14. Dr. Shnieder w/ false grail
15. Marcus Brody
16. Knight w/ armor & sword
17. Mola Rom w/ removable head gear
18. Short Round w/ removable cap
19. Willie in gold/red dress w/ diamond & antedote
20. Giant Thugee
21. Cairo Swordsman w/ sword
22. Toht w/ gun & coat
23. Donalvin w/ grail tablit
24. Casim w/ gun (brotherhood guy)

Beast assortment:
25. Sallah w/ red hat with Camel
26. Indy w/ white horse
27. Henry w/ bandana with brown horse

Playsets:
28. Well of Souls w/ snakes, ark, & Cermonial Indy
29. Streets of Cairo w/ Arab Spy & monkey
30. Underground Venice tomb w/ coffins, skeletons, second marking(shield), & rats

Vehicles:
31. Motorcycle w/ Sidecar

Mail Away:
32. German Leader (Hitler)

I think we've all agreed that the last one is a bad suggestion, though.

Brave Sir Robin
09-21-2001, 03:42 PM
no Hitlers! no Hitlers! Although the scene does mock Hitler's ego and arrogence, and is one of my favorite scenes in the IJ trilogy, it was established over in the General forums that nobody wanted a toy of Hitler because he was a real life killer and a symbol of how much evil can come from a single person, and an action figure of him was NOT a good idea.

buba-fatt
09-22-2001, 07:01 PM
I would like to see cinema scenes reborn in the Indy line. Hasbro could test market these to see if there is enough interest in the line. There could be one set for each movie. For Raiders, you would have Indy, sapito, and the other guy with the hat and pistol with a rock type base and waterfall background. For Last crusade you would have Indy, Elsa, and Donovan with a rock base and grail selection background. And for Temple of Doom, you would have Indy, Mola ram, and a Thugee warrior climbing on a rope bridge/ladder base with a canyon wall backdrop. Actually, these are just pieces that I would like to see made that i havent seen anyone else suggest.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
09-24-2001, 12:14 AM
The cinema scene idea is fantastic! Three of these, each representing a different movie, would be a great way to introduce the line and test the waters. Awesome idea, buba.:) :cool:

AmanaMatt
09-26-2001, 04:04 AM
I'd buy every friggin one of those suggestions!

Brave Sir Robin
09-26-2001, 10:17 AM
A deluxe diorama pack with Indy in a running pose with a great big rolling boulder behind him would be cool also.

hey does anyone have any of the MGM/Disney exclusive figures of Indy? how are they articulation and detail-wise?

El Chuxter
09-26-2001, 11:51 AM
The Disney ones are adequate. They'd be great by vintage standards, but they don't compare to POTJ. :(

buba-fatt
09-26-2001, 10:19 PM
The one I have looks like Dean Martin in the face. The articulation is at the shoulders, neck, and hips(5 points). The torch, gun and sword are very cool but the whip is an 8 plat leather-like string with a plastic sleeve pushed up to a loop knot. Although the sword is cool, it is the one used by the Cairo swordsman rather than the one Indy used. The hat sculpt is good but is not removable. The pouch is a seperate piece moulded to the figure and is about 1/3 the size it should be. All in all, I dont regret spending the $16 I did for him.