PDA

View Full Version : Midget Jedi (do i need to say "Spoilers" still? I mean it came out yesterday!)

MikeAndTheBots
05-17-2002, 06:52 PM
They should make a multi pack with a bunch of the kids with the short sabers, and blast helmets in a cinema scene or something. Anyone agree?

bigbarada
05-17-2002, 07:10 PM
That would be cool and I don't really think that we should have to post a spoilers warning anymore. Why there is still an Ep2 spoilers and non-spoilers section anymore is beyond me.

I think Hasbro should sell them in four unique two packs, and ship each two-pack one per case. Kind of like they did with the Ep1 Battledroids. This would help calm the retailers' fears of a bunch of little pegwarmers and also light a fire under the collector's collective behinds and these kids would fly off the shelves.

Beast
05-17-2002, 07:18 PM
I like that idea Big Barada. Or do a two pack of them, and then every wave do a varient headsculpt and paint job on each of the figures until we have all the lil younglings. I'll buy them either way. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dak Powers
05-17-2002, 07:26 PM
"Midget"? I could have swore that the conventional word was "children"...

Dar' Argol
05-17-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
That would be cool and I don't really think that we should have to post a spoilers warning anymore. Why there is still an Ep2 spoilers and non-spoilers section anymore is beyond me.

I think the reason there is still a spoiler section is b/c the latest date for the movie release is July 26 in El Salvador. I'll PM SirSteve and ask him when he will merge these two forums:D.

QLD
05-18-2002, 02:14 AM
I hadn't thought about it, but it would be cool to have a nice 2 pack of litle jedi

LTBasker
05-18-2002, 04:55 AM
I at least want the kid that's Shaak Ti's race. :cool:

Jargo
05-18-2002, 09:18 AM
To cash in on the kids pester power Hasbro would be wise to make these as kids seem to go for toys that reflect themselves. It's a psychological thing to find anything that looks like you do as attractive. Young kids wouldd buy the kid figures faster than they would the other Jedi. I can't understand the lack of them in the first assortments if the pester power was relied upon when putting the first waves together. Small kid sized alien Jedi? That's a potential top seller. Or is Hasbro worried about another episode one Anakin tatooine fiasco pegwarming period? No worries Hasbro, Anakin was boring, these are Jedi kids with accessories that are cool - i.e. lightsabers and training remotes. A two pack of the best alien younglings would be a start. I just know that these would fly off the pegs.

JediDan
05-18-2002, 12:14 PM
Must not be many kids buying Star Wars toys now then. Boba Fett is a huge pegwarmer.

Jargo
05-18-2002, 01:47 PM
the movie only opened two days ago for crying out loud! Most kids will only start the pestering after they've seen the movie. Most kids won't get to see the movie until a few days to a couple of weeks after the movie opens. Then they'll become aware of the toys when they see the adverts on TV. Then they'll spot them when friends have them at school. Then they start pestering their parents because friends have got cool toys and they want them too. Then they drag their parents to TRU and start looking at the toys and find kid sized figures which they pick up alongside the main characters like Anakin and Padme and Obi. They'll go for Yoda too. But mostly it's the younger kids who go for kid sized toys because for one thing they're easier to hold in their hands and they fit in pockets. The only reason that smaller figures continue to sit on pegs is because parents object to paying the same price for small figures as for the larger ones. Which is why I believe that Hasbro should introduce a tiered pricing system so that the smaller figures cost a little less and the larger figures like Ephant Mon and Dexter Jettster cost a little more.
I realise that most people will have coniptions at the thought but it makes sense Deluxe figures that contain two figures are not so much more expensive so price the larger singlee carded figures between the two and make the smaller figures a little less and it should fool parents into thinking it's a good deal. dropping the price is realistic. I myself have major problems paying the same for R2 as for Dexter. It doesn't add up. Why are all the figures the same price? What logic lies behind it?

Beast
05-18-2002, 02:17 PM
Sounds logical, Jargo. But I'm sure you know the reason they all cost the same. It's because while Hasbro saves money on the smaller figures, that money they use to make huge figures like Dexter and Ephant Mon. Or on figures that require more paint applications then most. And instead of charging more for the bigger figures, or the figures that have more paint applications, they just release them at the same price, and they balance each other out. Atleast in the Saga line they have tried to give us pack-ins with the really small figures. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dar' Argol
05-19-2002, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol

I think the reason there is still a spoiler section is b/c the latest date for the movie release is July 26 in El Salvador. I'll PM SirSteve and ask him when he will merge these two forums:D.

Hey Big-B!!! I got an email back from SirSteve and he said it should be about a week till all the "spoiler" things come down. He wants to give everyone a chance to see the movie. So there's your answer:D