PDA

View Full Version : Latest Hot Toy Lines

Eternal Padawan
09-14-2001, 01:28 AM
Did you ever notice how all the latest hot new toy lines seem to come from Japan? Does the United States even know how to come with our own cool toys anymore??

Transformers, Robotech, Macross, Gundam, Power Rangers, Pokemon, Digimon, Cardcaptors, etc... the list goes on and on.

All the U.S. can do is make toys from other popular mediums like Star Wars (adapted from films) or Super Hero figures (adapted from comics) When was the last time the U.S. had a truly cool new toy idea? G.I. Joe? He-Man? It's been awhile...we seem satisfied to simply sit back and watch to see what Japan will force on us next...

GNT
09-14-2001, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Did you ever notice how all the latest hot new toy lines seem to come from Japan? Does the United States even know how to come with our own cool toys anymore??

Transformers, Robotech, Macross, Gundam, Power Rangers, Pokemon, Digimon, Cardcaptors, etc... the list goes on and on.

All the U.S. can do is make toys from other popular mediums like Star Wars (adapted from films) or Super Hero figures (adapted from comics) When was the last time the U.S. had a truly cool new toy idea? G.I. Joe? He-Man? It's been awhile...we seem satisfied to simply sit back and watch to see what Japan will force on us next...

I guess the US don't know what kids want?

bigbarada
09-14-2001, 08:06 AM
I think it boils down to laziness on the part of American toy companies. Why spend all that money on research and development when you can just import the latest hot toy from another country? It saves them a ton of money, since they don't have to think up the stuff themselves, thus maximizing profits.