PDA

View Full Version : To spoil or not to spoil? That is the question!

Dar' Argol
05-17-2002, 08:00 PM
I've waited till now to ask this question.

Did you enjoy the movie more knowing or not knowing about the movie??

For TPM I stayed away from all spoiler material and I really enjoyed TPM. This time I spoiled the heck out of myself! The only things I did not do was read the book and the numerous scripts that were out there. I fell that my experiance was the same, maybe a little better. By knowing about the cut scenes so I understood a bit more about different parts. I knew background stories that explained a bit more. I feel that even though I read a lot on AOTC, it didn't ruin my experiance.

So how about everyone else?? Did knowing more ruin it for you, or did you wish you knew more b/4 seeing it??? LMK:D

DarthChuckMc
05-17-2002, 08:11 PM
I read everything, novel, storybook, comic, spoiler websites, looked at every picture, EVERYTHING......and I was still astonished. After all of that other stuff, my imagination couldn't compare to what I saw on the screen. I am considering staying spoiler free for Ep 3, but that's probably not gonna happen, unless my PC explodes or the entire world wide web goes completely offline.

QLD
05-17-2002, 08:15 PM
I tried to avoid spoilers for the most part. Though I managed to pick up the gist of it anyway. I really enjoyed it though. It is nice to be surprised.

Dar' Argol
05-17-2002, 08:22 PM
I was shocked when a fellow forumite posted in another thread that he/she was surprized that the clone troopers were helping the Jedi. He/she never saw it coming!

I never thought that this would surprize someone b/c I have known it for so long. I just took it for granted. That is probably the only thing that I wish I did not know about. That would have been a nice surprize!

DarthChuckMc, I agree that I would like to stay spoiler free for E3, but your right, that would never happen! Once you tread down the path to the Spoiler side of the Force, forever it will dominate your future:evil:

Dryanta
05-17-2002, 08:28 PM
Hey Dar.good timing on the question.
I went in to EP1 completely ignorant.
I went into AOTC last night with more info than I wanted.
Not much contrast between the two.I enjoyed them both alot.
Ep1 because it was fresh,AOTC because it's a great movie.
I'll tell you this,I have decided to not try and avoid spoilers for ep3.I tend to think it won't effect the experience for me.We'll see I guess.
There have been alot of things said as of late between the spoiler anti spoiler folks.But I think most of us are in the middle some where.We expect to see some level of spoilers.And deal with it.And I don't think it really effects the movie for us in negative way.
Now If you come here you need to make the assumption you're going to see spoilers.On the other hand if you come here you should make the assumption there are people here that do not want to read them.We all should be realistic in dealing with each other.There are some who want no info what so ever.There are some who have to post everything they think they know.
These are extremes.Most of us are stuck in between.And have to listen to all the foolish arguements between the two sides.

So everybody knows the others are here.respect it to best of your abilities.And it will take care of itself.There are some who will not stop,and some who's expectations are too high.Deal with it guys,please for the sake of the entire community here.
I'll step away now.Sorry it's a bit off topic dar but i had to add my two cents on the off shoot issue

Sith Vicious
05-17-2002, 08:33 PM
I tried to avoid major spoilers, but didn't know Hasbro was going to start including them in the figure line since they never did in the initial TPM run. I have to say I felt like it diminished my enjoyment somewhat. I'll definitely know to avoid the figures when Episode 3 rolls around.

Dar' Argol
05-17-2002, 09:05 PM
NP Dryanta. I enjoy another opinion, (I.E. "The Thread";):D).

Sith Vicious, I agree that Hasbro had no tact in the figures. But remeber that after the first 14, the other were not SUPPOSE to be out b/4 the movie. But it still does not make what they did right. BUT, if you go back and read the backs of the first TPM figs that were released, and take yourself back to b/4 TPM, what is written on the backs are concidered some good spoilers. I relized this after hearing about the HD Ani and how it was a major Spoiler. Someone else stated about no major spoilers in the E1 cards or figs. True, the figs did not have spoilers like that, but the write up on the back does. It even said something about Senator Palpatine becoming Supreme Chancellor:eek:. But looking at them now, Its nothing major. But back in '99 . . . . . . . .

187-Maul
05-18-2002, 06:49 AM
I went in TPM having read the comis and the exrerience was still fun
I went in AOTC only knowing about the figures and of course the figure-spoilers and seeing the movie the fist time was a much cooler experience then with episode 1 mostly because I didn't know what scene was coming

with episode 3 I'm probably doing the same thing as with AOTC, only know about the figs and nothing else, that way it's a much better experience, at least for me

JediTricks
05-18-2002, 03:41 PM
The few spoilers I had were a little disappointing, there were a couple scenes that should have been surprises but weren't. I would definitely like to go into Ep 3 with a clean slate.

tagmac
05-18-2002, 05:17 PM
I preferred to avoid the spoilers and see the movie without knowing anything. Unfortunately, the toys gave away a lot more this time around, and the reviewers printed too much about the end. Every fan who saw it early mentioned the Yoda fight, and they printed it anyway.

As for the clones, that DID surprise me. After years of seeing the Stormtroopers in action, it was almost surreal watching them help the heroes. I thought for sure they were going to fight AGAINST the Jedi. Glad at least SOMETHING still surprised me.

Pendo
05-19-2002, 07:15 AM
I wish I had remained Spoiler Free for AOTC. I'd like to feel suprised like I did for the classics but I knew what was gonna happen in AOTC, so the feeling of suspense was gone :(. I am deffo gonna remain Spoiler Free for Episode III.

PENDO!