PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else notice......

DarthChuckMc
05-17-2002, 09:43 PM
When Dooku slices Anakin's arm off, and force pushes him away, that a few seconds later, he lowers his head, and his face turns to disappointment, like he wished he hadn't done it. That's the impression/feeling I got from that scene. He just seemed sorta.....let down, for lack of a better term.

chewie
05-17-2002, 09:45 PM
IMO. I think the head droop by Dooku is just a bit of relaxation after fighting off two guys that both ages combined wouldn't equal his. Even being a dark lord of the sith, that age thing would certainly hit up on you a bit I'd think.

PloKoon2385
05-18-2002, 01:29 AM
I think he did feel a little "guilty" and his conscience got to him. He was a Jedi before you know. I think he feels like he let Qui-Gon down because Qui-Gon trained Obi-Wan and had hope for Anakin. So, I think he might have felt a little guilt.

kadamontaga
05-18-2002, 05:01 AM
I thought it was dissappointment that Anakin wasn't a tougher advisary. I got the impression that dueling was something Dooku took great pride in, and got a lot of enjoyment from, so maybe he wanted a more challenging fight.

LTBasker
05-18-2002, 05:03 AM
I think it was from guilt he felt of slicing Anakin's arm off because of the major duel he got out of him.

Obi-Don
05-18-2002, 07:14 AM
I feel that he did feel some guilt from what he did. Dooku is just a pon like everyone else and even though he does what he is told doesn't like what he has to do. Maybe he has his own plans and feels that the only way to get them done is to side with the sith. Dooku did talk about fighting the sith with Obi-Wans help. Which would take this in another direction. Just some things to think about.

Pendo
05-18-2002, 08:17 AM
Guilt gets my vote. I think he might sill have some good in there, and might turn back to the light said as Vader did in Return of the Jedi. Maybe he reveals to be Obi-Wan's father or something and risks his life for his.

PENDO!

Jargo
05-18-2002, 09:04 AM
Always the good people want to see revealed. Why must there always be some feeling of guilt or a final act of redemption? Why can't he simply be completely pooped and just sagging as his aching old bones start aching? If He's gone as far as geting the plans of the death star for Sidious, if he's gone as far as crippling a Jedi and whupping the butt of another and taking on the master of all master Jedi then I don't think Dooku is going to feel guilt of any description. The guy is super intelligent and outwits everyone. He's most likely just tired bored and disappointed that his adversaries are so **** poor at fighting.

The dark side is so much fun. Sith have a ball while Jedi are just boring goody two shoes interferring busybody's. I'd love to knock around with a guy like Dooku. The sights you'd see, the priviledges you'd get. What does a Jedi get - nothing, it's forbidden to have attachments and posessions. Boooooooring! :crazed:

Pendo
05-18-2002, 09:07 AM
Lurking towards the Dark Side, EMPEROR JARGO is!!!

PENDO!

hango fett
05-18-2002, 09:59 AM
he already is a dark master :D

Hellzer
05-18-2002, 10:01 AM
I think that if Dooku felt guiltly about beating Anakin and Obi-Wan to a pulp, then he wouldn't of tried to drop that pillar on them nor leave them for dead in the arena. Jargo's right, why can't evil people just be plain evil anymore?

I beleive that look on his face could have been the realization that, even in his young padawan stage, Anakin is one powerful mo-fo. I mean he put up a hell of a lot more fight and Obi-Wan did, and perhaps Dooku is aware of Palpatine's secret plot to groom Ani to be his next apprentice. Either that or he suddenly sensed Yoda's presence and knew he was in for a serious Jedi arse kicking.

Darth_Vince
05-19-2002, 06:12 AM
Good question! I've been poundering this ever since I came across a standstill of the "slicing", in which Dooku looked rather surprised. Although *he* is the one dealing the freakin' blow!

However, I don't think he's feeling guilty. During AOTC, he's gone way too far to turn back, IMO. Besides, he is shown throwing Force Lightning, which only great Sith are known to do!

I think Dooku's look is one of disappointment, because Anakin's vicious attack forced him to go out of his way. I mean, just remember Dooku's duel with Obi-Wan. Don't you think Dooku could've sliced and diced him halfway through? Instead, he chose to burn him just enough to disable him before preparing the final blow! He obviously longed for complete control over his opponen.
But Anakin's attack forced him to abandon this idea. In order to protect himself, he had to end things quickly and brutally. He lost control over the battle.

*This* is what he's disappointed in, IMO.

SithDroid
05-19-2002, 12:31 PM
I don't think he is guilty, he was after all going to kill Obi-Wan before Anakin jumped in and saved him.

Fulit
05-19-2002, 12:33 PM
If he felt guilty for doing that to Anakin because of the Qui-Gon connection, would he not feel guilty for even joining the Sith, since a Sith apprentice slew his former apprentice?

MikeAndTheBots
05-19-2002, 01:15 PM
I agree with who ever said he was dissappointed becasue Anakin put up a pretty crappy fight.

jawa9
05-20-2002, 02:13 AM
I think he was catching his breath after such a furious battle. You can see him sigh, then he has a look of surprise when he sees yoda come around the corner.

Runobot
05-20-2002, 07:32 AM
I think that in his mind at least he is not evil. He told Obi the Sith control the council - maybe he wants to overthrow Sid and that is why he is "teaming" up with him. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer".

Also, he gave the jedi an alternative to death and he took it easy on Obi-wan. Yeah Anakin blocked what would have been a death blow, but there is a chance that Dooku was just trying to get Anakin to take action...

Who knows, my impression is that he is not all bad. Maybe he has just begun his walk on the dark side and is not fully consumed by it.

lunchymeatball
05-20-2002, 08:08 AM
IMO... it is a look that describes one who is let down after the chance that he (Dooku) is going to get some real challenging adversaries (after all I read somewhere that his blade is shaped like a scimitar handle for grace and respect for swordsmanship)
Dooku does say that Yoda thought highly of him (and that would have been at least 10 yrs ago that they spoke last)
Maybe he thought that Kenobi would just be an able swordsman and a real challenge after dealing with those damn bloody insects for so long:evil:

kadamontaga
05-20-2002, 08:16 AM
In the visual dictionary thing (the big white book with Jango's helmet on the cover) it says that Dooku built his lightsaber specifically to give him an avantage in a swordfight scenario. It says that normal Jedi are mostly trained to defend against blasters, not lightsabers. I think from this we can assume that dueling forms a major aspect of his character. I agree with what Darth_Vince said above.

Darth Mendigo
05-20-2002, 03:52 PM
Perhaps Darth Tyranus was under direct orders from Darth Sidious not to harm his future prize.

Darth Tyranus uses the dark side bolts to basically knock Anakin out of the duel.

Sidious knows of Anakin's suceptibility to the Dark Side and the "chosen one", with all his midichlorian, would make a "Powerful Ally" stronger than Sidious or Maul.

Perhaps Tyranus knows that if Sidious finds out that he harmed Anakin, he will get a taste of his own medicine, some "sith disipline". I am sure Anakin will take out Darth Tyranus in Ep III, perhaps through some double-crossing by "Chancellor Palpatine".

After all, there can be only a Master and his Apprentice.

Jargo
05-20-2002, 04:13 PM
Maybe it's a look of dread at the coming scenes with Yoda the CGI muppet. After all these years and countless scores of quality movies he ends his career with a muppet in a pantomime fight. I think it's a resigned look of sheer embarrasment. :D

RooJay
05-21-2002, 12:41 AM
I'm pretty certain I saw Zam's speeder fly out from under the landing platform after the Queen's ship explodes. If I wasn't just seeing things and it IS there, it'll be partially obscured by the fog and will fly of towards the bottom left of the screen. I also believe I heard the sound of it flying off.

I have heard reports of a "Howard the Duck" Jedi, but have not seen it. What I have seen is a Jedi of the same species as the Podracer Ark "Bumpy" Roose only with yellowish/ orangish skin walking past Coleman Trebor in the Jedi Temple. (Some may say that he is too tall, but if you listen to the commentary in the deleted scenes section of TPM you will hear that Ark Roose is supposed to be eight feet tall. There is also another of his species visible in the background at Dex's Diner that sits about as tall as Obi Wan in the booth.)

Could the Super Battle Droids have been supplied by the Techno Union? We don't see any of them being built in the droid factory that I could see. Plus, they don't seem to be getting along very well with their Trade Federation buddies! Wat Tambor also tells Dooku that the "armies of the Techno Union" are at his disposal. An interesting notion, NO?

It was indeed very cool to see Oppo Rancisis' tail finally. Too bad we didn't get to see him fighting in the arena!

There are definitely TWO Gungans having a conversation on Naboo when our heroes step off of the transport. They are in plain view, and show up quite large on screen. I honestly don't understand how so many could've missed both or either of them.:rolleyes:

The scene in which Anakin speaks privately with Palpatine in the Chancellor's office was AMAZING! It reminded me SO much of Vader and the Emperor's conversation in the landing bay of the Death Star in ROTJ. Christensen and McDiarmid did an excellent job with this scene! Even their mannerisms and the way they moved implied Vader and the Emperor!

An R5 unit (possibly the one many seem to think is R5-D4) can be seen rolling across the screen in front of Anakin and Padme in the rickshaw as they pull up in front of Watto's shop.

The assassin droid opens a large rectangular opening in the window of Padme's apartment, but when it flies away we see a small circular hole in the window.

The only two Republic Gunships we see destroyed in the film are the one Anakin and Obi Wan ride to Dooku's Hangar in (blown out of the sky as it flies off) and one that is flying alongside Yoda and Mace Windu's (I believe; could've been flying next to Obi and Anakin's though) some distance in the background. It didn't seem to me that there were ANY Jedi (much less council members) onboard. If this had been the Gunship carrying Shaak Ti, then it's loss would've meant that MOST of the surviving Jedi died on that one ship. Ki-Adi, Kit Fisto and I believe Plo Koon were on that same ship.

Having understood that Anakin was having a nightmare before even seeing the movie I had a better understanding than most in the audience of what was going on. I still think the nightmare scene should've been more well thought out though! To many it would've seemed as though Anakin were having another kind of dream about his mother! EWW!!!

The scene where Anakin rides on the back of the Shaak on Naboo was not even HALF as bad as most made out. I have seen much worse CG animation in movies that people seemed to find completely acceptable. Some of it in AOTC! It looked really quite good in my opinion.

I was amazed at how good the CG Yoda turned out. He looked and moved JUST like the puppet, except with MORE mobility and more a realistic and expressive face! His fight scene is pure MAGIC to me! I just can't believe how convincingly it was done!

RooJay
05-21-2002, 06:52 PM
I also noticed that Sio Bibble seems to have lost some weight! The old boy was looking pretty lean in AOTC!

I was kind of disappointed that there were NO Holocrons anywhere in the movie. They were not even mentioned. I had really hoped we'd see some after seeing the props they had built show up in the Visual Dictionary!

Jargo
05-21-2002, 07:19 PM
I found this pic of the duck Jedi at the website of Randomhouse books. They used it as a background for a competition to win the novellisation of AOTC.

RooJay
05-24-2002, 04:36 AM
That certainly looks like a duck head at that distance. I still think he looked like the same race as Ark "Bumpy" Roose in the movie though. I also don't think this guy is the same one we see in the Arena. There is a Jedi in the Arena with similar colored skin that looks, as best as I can describe, quite similar to what I remembered the assassin aliens from The Last Starfighter to look like. The yellowish arena Jedi seemed to have his eyes situated on the sides of hie head on what appeared to be eyestalks, much like the guys from Starfighter. I'm guessing we'll have to wait for the DVD to put this one to rest though!

RooJay
05-24-2002, 04:47 AM
Also, wasn't Marton Csokas (Lord Celeborn from Fellowship of the Ring) supposed to have done the voice of Poggle the Lesser? Isn't he listed in the credits? That voice didn't sound anything like him to my ears!

Darth Nihilus
05-24-2002, 10:18 AM
It was definitely Marton Csokas. But I feel stupid - I've seen Fellowship twice, read the books but I can't for the life of me recall who Lord Celeborn was.

RooJay
05-24-2002, 03:22 PM
He'd be the husband of Galadriel, and the ruler of Lothlorien.
My next question would be, how do you know for sure it was him if you admit that you don't even know who he is?