PDA

View Full Version : Two lightsabers.

Mace Windex
05-17-2002, 08:51 PM
Just got back from watching AOTC for the third time. IN the arena battle I noticed a Jedi weilding TWO light sabers in various scenes. Unfortunately, I cannot make out who it was. Anyone out there know who this dueler may be?

DarthChuckMc
05-17-2002, 08:55 PM
I noticed him too....actually, I think there is more than one Jedi weilding 2 sabers in the background. They just look like extras to me....no catchy action figure names for them..

Dar' Argol
05-17-2002, 09:09 PM
They are probably non descript Jedi who grabbed another lightsaber from a fallen Jedi to battle better. They may make figures, but only JarJar would know that. Next to SirSteve he's a fountain of knowledge:D.

Beast
05-17-2002, 09:15 PM
*Peeks In* Someone mention meesa? :D

I noticed them in the backgorund as well, but that's the thing...they are just minor background Jedi. So, no names unless EU decides to give us some. And I doubt there is much of a chance to get them, since they are just minor extras. After all we have alot of "star" Jedi that still need figures. And then more unique Alien Jedi figures, like the Nikto Jedi. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dar' Argol
05-17-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
*Peeks In* Someone mention meesa? :D

6 minutes JarJar?? Your getting slow in your old age, LOL! I swear you have some kind of program that alerts you when someone types in your name!!!

Beast
05-17-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
6 minutes JarJar?? Your getting slow in your old age, LOL! I swear you have some kind of program that alerts you when someone types in your name!!!
I have alot of matters in the senate to take care of, I can't be everywhere at once. Atleast not yet, I'm headed to Kamino to order up some Jar Jar clones. :D

As for the program, I have no clue what your talking about. :evil:

*Quickly recalls the Sith Probe Droids.* :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
06-06-2002, 10:02 AM
this would make it alot better IMO. if they could learn how to weild them like anikan did, then they could have alot more "abilities" to attack fro two sides, deflect from two sides and it would just be alot cooler....what do you think?

pthfnder89
06-06-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
this would make it alot better IMO. if they could learn how to weild them like anikan did, then they could have alot more "abilities" to attack fro two sides, deflect from two sides and it would just be alot cooler....what do you think?

Well there are at least half a dozen shots in the Arena where you can see a couple of different Jedi in the background using two sabers at once. So I think that it's probably fairly common (maybe 1 in 20 or so Jedi fight that way)

I think it's just a matter of having a favorite style. Apparently some Jedi also use a double bladed saber like Maul but that practice is supposedly very rare because it's a totally diffferent discipline and difficult to learn.

Fighting with two lightsabers would be difficult to learn also, and you wouldn't have as much power with each since you would only have one hand per saber. So if you got into one of those "saber locks" where it's just you pushing against your opponent like Obi Wan and Dooku, then you'll pretty much lose. So you would need a very different style to fight effectively like that.:)

saladin
06-06-2002, 12:13 PM
ya that would be seewt but remember jedi are peacekeepers not warriors.

Exhaust Port
06-06-2002, 02:36 PM
I bunch of awesome "peacekeeping" going on in the arena!

Jonna
06-06-2002, 02:38 PM
It is because if more jedi's tried fighting with two sabers, then there would be a lot more severed legs laying around, their own.

chris
06-06-2002, 03:49 PM
Jedi build their lightsabers very personally, and they carry a great amount of sedimental value. I think a jedi would only use two in a situation like the arena, but uses just their own lightsaber the rest of the time.

pthfnder89
06-06-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by chris
Jedi build their lightsabers very personally, and they carry a great amount of sedimental value. I think a jedi would only use two in a situation like the arena, but uses just their own lightsaber the rest of the time.

Lightsabers are very personal but as we see with Anakin and Obi Wan, they aren't really precious either. They get lost or destroyed all the time, so Jedi who fight with two of them probably build both themselves.:)

LTBasker
06-06-2002, 04:22 PM
A Jedi is a keep of the peace - You don't see cops these days carrying around 2 guns on their belt old west style do ya? :D

Their lightsaber is just used for defending themselves. In the arena the Jedi were using extra sabers from fallen Jedi to help them due to the giant amount of droids there.

scruffziller
06-06-2002, 04:52 PM
Some of them are really not trained for it, in the role playing games you must aquire it or use it up in points making up your character.

BlahBlahBlah
06-06-2002, 07:42 PM
I saw it again this afternoon and payed special attention to background Jedi. I saw at least 12 shots of BG Jedi using two lightsabers. That's not to say 12 were using them, just that there were 12 scenes of them.

More things I counted:
Gunships! Four fly into the arena before being joined by others. Only three of them are seen with passengers. Dunno if the fourth was just troopers or not. One ship held Ki Adi, Mace, Yoda, and Kit Fisto. Another held Stass Allie, Saesee Tinn, Shaak Ti, Eeth Koth, and another Jedi I didn't recognize. I think it was a Klatuu. The third was Obi Wan, Anakin, and Padme. Aayala Secura wasn't seen boarding a ship, and neither was Plo Koon or Bultar Swan, even though Plo and Aayala are seen leading troops. (At least I think I saw Plo, definately saw Aayala.) So that's leads us to assume they either got into the ship with Eeth Koth, or they got on the fourth dropship. There were also at least five un-named Jedi leading troops into battle outside the arena. So there were more than just the final 17 survivors.

Also, I counted four shots of Saesee Tinn. Two of those were from behind. I only bring that up because some people have said they didn't see him. He's definately there.

pthfnder89
06-08-2002, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker

Their lightsaber is just used for defending themselves. In the arena the Jedi were using extra sabers from fallen Jedi to help them due to the giant amount of droids there.

I don't think so LTB. Several of the Jedi are fighting with 2 sabers in the very first minutes of the battle, leading me to believe that those lightsabers both belonged to them.

Runobot
06-10-2002, 06:43 AM
It was pretty cool with Anakin, but he did not fare so well with 2, did he. It probably requires a lot of skill.