PDA

View Full Version : AOTC Easter Egg Hunt

Darth-AWT
05-16-2002, 07:56 PM
Anthony Daniels in the Bar. He turned around just after Obi-Wan cut off Zam's arm.

AT-AT Man
05-16-2002, 08:32 PM
i thought seeing the deathstar was the greatest. don't know if thats an easter egg.

GroundskeeperWillie
05-16-2002, 08:50 PM
In the bar, in the shot immediately following the cut to Anthony Daniels. So that's actually 'five' scenes with Jar Jar...crap

DarthMaulSithLord
05-16-2002, 09:05 PM
Obi-Wan cut off Zam's arm? I thought he only sabered away her weapon and scorched her stomach. I'll have to watch for this when i see it again.

:)

Freedom
05-16-2002, 09:06 PM
Anthony Daniels isn't Jar Jar. He's C-3PO.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-16-2002, 09:48 PM
Thanks, we know that. Anthony Daniels and Ahmed Best were both in the scene.

jedihunter25
05-16-2002, 10:37 PM
George Lucas's adopted daughter in the night club scene.

icatch9
05-16-2002, 10:59 PM
The young Jedi in the Jedi archives is GL son Jet.

The millenium Falcon or another Corrilian frighter that looks like the falcon is on the landing platform on Naboo.

Ahmhead Best is seen in the club right after Anthony Daniles. He has a black tatoo around his eye (kind of a Clockwork Organg thing)

Qui Gons voice right befor Ani ices all those Tuskins

And I think that little kid with Jango is going to grow up to be the bounty hunter seen in Empire and Jedi (ha just kidding, everyone knows that!)

Eternal Padawan
05-16-2002, 11:28 PM
The "scream" Ben Burtt always like to stick in the movies ( I forget what he calls it, a Carl or something?) Anyway, when the gunship pulls up and Obi and Anakin and a clonetrooper jump off, then it cuts to a long shot and the gunship gets hit and explodes, the clonetrooper that got off with them gets shot and falls over the edge and gives the scream...

JediTricks
05-17-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
The "scream" Ben Burtt always like to stick in the movies ( I forget what he calls it, a Carl or something?) Anyway, when the gunship pulls up and Obi and Anakin and a clonetrooper jump off, then it cuts to a long shot and the gunship gets hit and explodes, the clonetrooper that got off with them gets shot and falls over the edge and gives the scream... "Carl", "Wilhelm", same thing. :D

I liked seeing the pair of Corellian YT-1300s.

Creger5150
05-17-2002, 07:52 AM
How 'bout the young jedi that Yoda tell's to pull the shade name's Liam

JEDIpartner
05-17-2002, 08:53 AM
Yes... that "Liam" thing was noticed here, too. I looked at the shadow "expecting" it to look like Vader at some point, but it didn't no matter how long I stared at it. I read that there is a Shaak running around on fire during the end battle and another Shaak in the asteroid field. I'll have to look for these things. I'll have to listen for what Qui-Gon said during the "beheading". Did anyone catch the exact words? It is supposed to be a clue to something that happens in EPISODE III!!! I'm sorry I missed the words, but heard the voice! :(

hango fett
05-17-2002, 09:04 AM
you can hear darth vaders breathing when yoda is medatating about anikan. (just after the cut away to yoda.) very cool!

Darth Nihilus
05-17-2002, 09:58 AM
All I can remember of Qui-Gon's voice is him saying "Anakin, no!"

leenovak
05-17-2002, 11:14 AM
I thought I had read somewhere that when you first see Jar Jar he makes some clever comment or does something that's supposed to be an inside joke of some sort for all his detractors...anyone catch anything like that?

The waitress droid at Dex's diner was named Flo...that was kind of clever. :)

bobafett07728
05-17-2002, 11:29 AM
There were two Royal Guards at the entrance/exit of Palpatine's "office." If I remember Gui-Gon says "No, Anakin, No," but I may be mistaken. It does say it in the novel, however, so check it out. There were a lot of oneliners(not necessarily easter eggs) that were definitely hinting towards the OT. And yes. . .the young Jedi named 'Liam'. . .caught that right away. . .very subtle. . .very cool. Let's just hope the rest weren't named Mark, Samuel, Frank, Ewan. . .

pthfnder89
05-17-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by leenovak
I thought I had read somewhere that when you first see Jar Jar he makes some clever comment or does something that's supposed to be an inside joke of some sort for all his detractors...anyone catch anything like that?

I'm not sure, but I think that might be right before Anakin and Padme leave for Naboo. Padme is telling JarJar that he is going to be left in charge, he starts off on this big speech and Padme politely cuts him off, not wanting to listen to him anymore. The pacing was way off though so I don;t think the joke worked like it was supposed to. :)

El Chuxter
05-17-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
you can hear darth vaders breathing when yoda is medatating about anikan. (just after the cut away to yoda.) very cool!

Dang! I didn't catch that. Sat through the credits hoping to hear some "Hoo haa! Hoo haa!" :)

Was it just me, or is the left-hand screen in the Outlander Club showing the Racer video game?

MikeAndTheBots
05-17-2002, 03:37 PM
Personally I think it was vader's shadow. I noticed the kid named "Liam" too, and I thought I heard Vader breathing when Yoda was meditating but I thought I was crazy :D
I'm seeing it again tonight so I'm going to look for Anthony Daniels, Ahmed Best, and the Correllian Freighters.
Greedo- I totally agree that the shadows and how Lucas focused on that and Yoda's shadow.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-17-2002, 04:02 PM
I don't know if this is an easter egg, but did anyone notice that silver statue in the Jedi Counci, right before Obi-Wan pays Yoda and the kids a visit? The statue looked like Darth Maul.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-17-2002, 04:38 PM
One thing I found interesting:

At one point when Ani and Padmé are on Naboo, a gungan says "Uni gusen, hatata!" That exact line is from TPM, when Jar Jar and the Jedi enter Otoh Gunga for the first time! Classic!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-17-2002, 04:51 PM
I personally didn't see any E.T. But that's just me.

MikeAndTheBots
05-17-2002, 05:27 PM
Wait, was there a 1138 in every movie? And if so where?

RooJay
05-17-2002, 06:20 PM
...and look at Anakin's attitude throughout the movie; like father, like son!:D

RooJay
05-17-2002, 06:22 PM
Since I haven't read the book, I can't say for sure whether or not anyone expected this, but did anyone else catch Jar Jar opening his senate address with "Dellow Felegates..."?

Kuzu
05-17-2002, 07:15 PM
Ok does any one rember that Nemnarian on the droid controll ship,he had thoes things on his face,Like that moulth peice and thoes googles,always sat in that chair,said to nute gunray "we are getting a burst transmissem" any way that guy died in the THP,but i saw him in the night club just keep looking at the background
people,when Ankain is looking for zam
he talking to a bunch of people.

Sith Vicious
05-17-2002, 08:11 PM
Here's an article with some Easter egg info. Some of them haven't been mentioned here.

http://zentertainment.com/article.php?sid=3462

chewie
05-17-2002, 08:40 PM
Well. Did anybody spot Rick McC's cameo? I didn't, but i wasn't exactly looking for him either. :)

tagmac
05-17-2002, 10:39 PM
Since my original reply got merged into the "Vader's Shadow" thread, I'll repost the other relevant "easter eggs" I had mentioned.

Here's one no one else, mentioned yet - when Anakin realizes his saber is broken in the droid factory, he says "Obi-Wan's gonna kill me." Well, that, too IS true, "from a certain point of view."

Lastly, and most obviously, was the final scene. Almost exactly like the final scene in ESB (right down to the robotic hand), only not in a spaceship.

And lastly, look at Amidala's entire attitude politically and on the battlefield - like mother, like daughter.

<This last one is what Roojay was refferring to with his "Anakin/Luke" comment>

Magnolia-Fan
05-17-2002, 10:57 PM
PROOF THAT STORMTROOPERS ARE CLONES OF JANGO!

After his fight with Obi-Wan, Jango is running up the ramp to his ship and hits his head on the door. I even noticed a "clang" noise as this happens.

May not be an actual easter egg, just found it to be funny considering the old blooper from Episode IV.

Magnolia-Fan
05-17-2002, 10:59 PM
Also, I think I saw G.L in a senate box, but I can't confirm it.

187-Maul
05-18-2002, 06:39 AM
on kamino, when you see the clones in closeup while eating, isn't that typho looking up to obi-wan? he actually should look like jango but looks a lot like typho

Darth-AWT
05-18-2002, 09:00 AM
I'm not positive I am seeing what I think I am seeing. But, if you look past Anakin while he is fixing the throttle control (or whatever he said it was) just before he tells Padme that he killed all the Tuskin Raiders. You will see in the next room, what looks like the Speeder that Luke used in ANH.

JediDan
05-18-2002, 11:47 AM
The Qui-Gon voice was heard from Yoda's meditation.

Eternal Padawan
05-20-2002, 11:00 AM
When Obi is talking to Anakin about his mother, right before he says "Dreams pass in time" I thought I saw a Klingon bird of pray fly by going right to left on the right side of the screen. It's only a silouhette, but it had the ball shaped bridge and the swept down wings in the rear.

Good call on the Jango head bang!

2-1B
05-20-2002, 11:45 AM
I don't think Jango banged his head, I did at first but further viewings led me to believe that he just ducked down really fast. Check it out, I'll do the same again. :)

Regardless, I would have preferred a head bang! :crazed:

SQueek
05-20-2002, 11:57 AM
he did not bang his head but rather ducked to not hit his head cas boba had an itchy finger on the close door button

Eternal Padawan
05-26-2002, 10:54 AM
Nope, there's a definite "CLANG" sound when his helmet hits the door.

Another thing I noticed. On Kamino, when LamaSu says "Apart from his pay, which is considerable..." The machinery above them looks an awful lot like the Enterprise-E's saucer section. Could be a coincidence, but it looks a lot like the underside of it.

derek
05-26-2002, 11:22 AM
when dooku arrived at the hanger to get on his speeder, did yall notice the hanger personale with the white vader helmets on? i saw 2 of them.:) and no they weren't shadows.

kind of lends credence to the mc callum statement that vaders outfit will be seen being worn by different individuals.

therock0603
05-26-2002, 12:35 PM
As for the Klingon Bird of Prey, one of the starships in E2 is quite similar to it. It is in the Jedi Starfighter game, but it is not a Klingon Bird of Prey.

Eternal Padawan
05-27-2002, 01:03 AM
I think I saw Maul's Sith Infiltrator flying the Coruscant air lanes when Zam's Assassin droid leaves her to fly out into the city. It was really quick and I need to go check it again. But it looks lie it's flying from center screen to right screen in the background. Anybody else see what I'm seeing?

And 1138, I think appears on a neon billboard when Jango rockets away after shooting Zam with the Sabredart. It's in aurebesh, though, so I need to check my aurebesh to alphabet translation guide first.

Jargo
05-27-2002, 07:03 AM
You have one of those?

The speeder out the back of the garage that Anakin throws the wrench at isn't the landspeeder Luke uses. It's funkier and more hotrod like. It's red and white and it has a racecar like cockpit. The engine is behind the cockpit and there's just the one air inlet/outlet/thruster on top of the body behind the driver. here's a pic that I've lightened so it may not be too good but it shows that it's not the landspeeder Luke uses.

Eternal Padawan
05-27-2002, 09:23 AM
What, a translation guide? There was one in the Star Wars Monopoly game a few years back so you could translate the symbols on the paper money.

I think one of the newer Insider's had one also...

Yeah. That's not Luke's landspeeder.

Nor, as someone said in another thread, is Zam Wessel's speeder taking off from under the landing pad after Amidala's ship explodes at the beginning. It's a chunk of debris you are seeing.

MikeAndTheBots
05-27-2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan

And 1138, I think appears on a neon billboard when Jango rockets away after shooting Zam with the Sabredart. It's in aurebesh, though, so I need to check my aurebesh to alphabet translation guide first.
Good, i was waiting to here where it was.

saladin
05-27-2002, 11:13 AM
actually 1138 is on the back of one the clonetropers on the transport

MikeAndTheBots
05-27-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by saladin
actually 1138 is on the back of one the clonetropers on the transport
Damn, now I gotta look for it! Which transport and when if you don't mind telling?

2-1B
05-28-2002, 03:13 AM
Clang or no clang, Jangers does not hit his head.
I checked again and I can see a space between his helmet and the door the whole time.
It's a duck. :D

leenovak
05-28-2002, 11:11 AM
Does anyone have a pic of the hangar guards previously mentioned who sport the Vader helmets? It would be nice to see it and compare.

Croaker
05-28-2002, 11:25 AM
I don't think it's a vader helmet it just has that flare out style similar to the AtST pilot helmet.

Eternal Padawan
05-28-2002, 08:45 PM
It's a little TOO flared out in my opinion. Like a cross between Vader's helmet and the big Rebel/Imperial naval halmets. And it looks a guy with Garindan type goggles is wearing it.

Darkross
05-29-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
on kamino, when you see the clones in closeup while eating, isn't that typho looking up to obi-wan? he actually should look like jango but looks a lot like typho

That was the first thing that I noticed!

scruffziller
06-03-2002, 10:22 AM
Has anyone seen it?!:crazed:

Chaddymac
06-03-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by derek
when dooku arrived at the hanger to get on his speeder, did yall notice the hanger personale with the white vader helmets on? i saw 2 of them.:) and no they weren't shadows.

kind of lends credence to the mc callum statement that vaders outfit will be seen being worn by different individuals.

I SAW THAT!! I was just checking this thread to see if I was nuts! Thank goodness. Of course, my print was so grainy, that the guys in the background were hardly discernable and the character in the foreground when Dooku took off was a sillouette...I thought it WAS Darth Vader. First instance of time travel in a Star Wars film!!

EDIT: Before anyone flip, I was just kidding about that last comment.

2-1B
06-04-2002, 11:54 AM
scruffziller, I looked for the Coke can during my last visit but could not find it. :crazed:

Chaddymac
06-04-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Clang or no clang, Jangers does not hit his head.
I checked again and I can see a space between his helmet and the door the whole time.
It's a duck. :D

Check out the latest Homing Beacon. "Jangers" definately hits his head.

That's hilarious. I wish I'd caught it.

Sidiously Darth
06-05-2002, 11:12 PM
I'm sure most of you noticed the T-16 skyhopper sitting on the other side of the doorway in the garage scene. You can see it several times. It's lit pretty well.

Jargo
06-06-2002, 02:24 PM
That's no skyhopper - it's a baby skyhopper. It's too small, has a different front and the wings are tiny. It's probably supposed to be what turns into the skyhopper in later years. Same wing configuration, same basic shape butnthe skyhopper is a two man ship and that one only had room for one. It looked more like an MPV than a sporty number. Kinda like something Mom would drive rather than Dad. Maybe it was Cliegg's first wife's vehicle or Beru's. The yellow/green color scheme looked kinda feminine to me.
Definately not the same vehicle that we see parked there in ANH though. :)

darthvyn
06-08-2002, 12:31 PM
i just got the new "homing beacon" the official e-newsletter of starwars.com, and they have a lot of info on the easter eggs...

Here's some of the things to watch for the next time you go to see Attack of the Clones.

Trundling along the streets of Mos Espa as Anakin and Padmé go to meet Watto is none other than R5-D4, the grumpy astromech from Episode IV that blows its stack in front of Luke.

What has become a tradition of sorts is the "Wilhelm," the affectionate moniker given to a very distinct scream sound effect used in all of the Star Wars films (and quite a few non-Star Wars films too). In A New Hope, it's the stormtrooper that plummets down the Death Star chasm. In Episode II, it's a Naboo soldier thrown in the opening explosion of the film.

The very first shot of Episode II has an homage to another sci-fi classic as the camera tilts up to the crowded orbital traffic of Coruscant. "That shot had been executed in 2001: A Space Odyssey," explains John Knoll, one of Episode II's Visual Effects Supervisors. "I put an Orion space plane flying in there."

Star Wars continuity purists will have a hard time explaining just how an X-wing fighter and TIE fighter got into the speeder chase over Coruscant.

By now, many have spotted the familiar Millennium Falcon-style Corellian freighters docked on Naboo. "It was George Lucas' idea," says VFX Supervisor Pablo Helman. "He said something like, 'should we dare go there?' And we did." In addition to those saucer-shaped freighters, expanded universe fans might be able to spot a Corellian bulk freighter, the same model as Talon Karrde's Wild Karrde.

It appears that Fett genes and low headroom don't mix. In an homage to the classic Star Wars misstep, wherein a stormtrooper bangs his head on a low-hanging door, Jango Fett also takes a wallop on the noggin -- complete with sound effect -- as he enters the Slave I after tangling with Obi-Wan.

"There's these big cow-like creatures called shaaks that Anakin rides on Naboo," explains Knoll. "The shaaks got to be a bit of a joke with the crew. I put one in the asteroid sequence, in a reference to Ken Ralston [visual effects artist in the classic trilogy] having put potatoes and tennis shoes in space battle scenes previously. So there's a shaak there, but it's got the asteroid shader on it with craters. You really can't see it unless you start to look at it and see the legs and snout."

"There may be a shaak on fire during the Clone War," hints Ben Snow, another of Episode II's Visual Effects Supervisors. "It was almost a competition. Can anyone get a shaak in their scene?"

Of course, for every confirmed Easter Egg, there are dozens of imagined ones (Luke's landspeeder? Sebulba? Darth Maul? Joey Fatone?). Keep a close eye on the screen during your next viewing, but remember: your eyes can deceive you; don't trust them.

jango DID hit his head...

2-1B
06-23-2002, 01:35 AM
Ah, the Homing Beacon . . . well, I can't say I'm convinced. I checked the "clang" AGAIN and still see headroom. Not to mention an aware duck from Jango; if he was clanged by the door it should have staggered him. Not so.

But if John Knoll says it happened -- it happened. :rolleyes:
I'll wait until the DVD is out to revisit the debate, and ultimately when the disc shows that he does not hit his head even though an ILMer will be on the commentary saying he does . . . I'll just have to credit it to poor effects work. :D

Remember, they would also have you believe that Padme bit into a bit of fruit and that Anakin rode a Shaak. Just a few effects that have been accused of being sloppy. :happy:

Chaddymac
06-23-2002, 12:57 PM
The fruit effect I can agree with you on, although my biggest complaint is the scene with Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Mace walking in the Jedi Temple. Everything looks like a cartoon. It bites. As far as Anakin riding the Shaak, there's still a lot of work left for animators doing photorealistic humans in action scenes. There are a couple of cheesy Spider-Man scenes that drive me nuts.

scruffziller
06-25-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
You have one of those?

The speeder out the back of the garage that Anakin throws the wrench at isn't the landspeeder Luke uses. It's funkier and more hotrod like. It's red and white and it has a racecar like cockpit. The engine is behind the cockpit and there's just the one air inlet/outlet/thruster on top of the body behind the driver. here's a pic that I've lightened so it may not be too good but it shows that it's not the landspeeder Luke uses.
It may not look like Luke's speeder exactly but within twenty years that speeder may have needed to be fixed and may have been modified by Luke or Owen making it look somewhat different but it could be the same speeder. It looks too much close to Luke's for it not to be.

chewiegurl1138
06-26-2002, 05:42 PM
This wasnt really an easter egg but I LOVE it that they played Imperial March whenever Anakin did "evil" stuff... (ie, killing the tusken raiders)

Jek Porky 2002
06-29-2002, 03:06 PM
There's also a scene with the clone troopers where it plays for ages!

Jek Porky 2002
06-29-2002, 03:08 PM
Oh yeah, and at the end of the credits.

corporal AMF
07-08-2002, 05:01 PM
The statue is a Silver DARTH MAUL !!!!!!!
Just before ObiWan enter the room of yoda and the children, there's Darth Maul with his distinctive robes, horns in his head, but in silver !

Anakin2121
01-21-2003, 06:15 PM
I couldn't find any recent easter egg threads so I just popped this one up.
In the arena battle with the Jedi, there is a scene where the acklay comes up to Obi-Wan and two battle droids say, "Uh-oh!" and "Roger, roger!" There is a subtle joke to that, because, moments earlier, (specifically, at 1:51:27) Obi-Wan is deflecting lasers, and behind him and on the right you can see an acklay eating and thrashing a battle droid! :D I had never heard of this before and was quite pleased to see it as I watched the DVD.