PDA

View Full Version : Darth Vader: Emperor's Wrath

Kernel
05-18-2002, 12:25 AM
Someone may have brought this up before... maybe not... and I may even be misremembering thisngs, but...

In order to be accurate, shouldn't this figure have a chopped off hand?

Beast
05-18-2002, 12:28 AM
Check the figure closer, if he's loose. Or free him from his plastic prison if you still have him carded. It has a removable hand. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kernel
05-18-2002, 12:35 AM
Well damn, you're right :) They did get it right hehe. It's actually still in package because this one happens to be special... somehow a bug (yes, a real live but now dead bug) got sealed in the bubble with him and is attached to his shoulder so I haven't opened it. It's almost a damn near mint card too but I just noticed a crease on the back... og well I don't save them for money reasons anyhow :)

Thanks for the info.

QLD
05-18-2002, 02:20 AM
Yes.....free your figures you will.......

DarthSetnom
05-20-2002, 01:46 PM
YEAH!! QLD what's up, hope you remember me... and I always agree with people who say FREE them figures...

I mean it takes less storage space and they can be placed in really cool positions to recreate scenes from the movies.

Boyt it's nice to be back.

Kernel
05-20-2002, 02:02 PM
Hehe, I free almost all of my figures... right now, I'mnot though because we need to replace the bottom floor in our house due to sinking so I'm leaving everything in package right now and just storing them.

As for this figure - I have a second that I'm going to free once the floor is replaced... this one is staying on card though because of the bug that got trapped in it during sealing and is placed on his shoulder for eternity due to the sealing.

Who knows, maybe the bug will fall off one day, but shaking and tapping the bubble hasn't moved it yet so...

Taichi
05-20-2002, 04:28 PM
Those creases are pretty common on some Kenner cards.....

I don't know why it is....they NEVER appear on the front of the card (From what I've seen).....I think it has something to do with the card sealing process.......

gibbspaulus
05-21-2002, 10:53 AM
Is it me, or is he day-glo too?

jedi_uk73
05-21-2002, 12:57 PM
The figure does have a day-glo look. It's made from a
see-through darkish plastic, so when the light shines on it you get a kind of glow.

Looks great.

DarthSetnom
05-22-2002, 12:33 AM
Weeeelllll Yeah it's nice but i was kind of disappointed with this figure i guess my expectations were just too high on it.

Taichi
05-26-2002, 12:01 AM
It's great, I love it completely....the sculpt, the gimmick, everything!!!

DarthMaulSithLord
05-27-2002, 08:42 PM
I didn't get this fig since i already got Dagobah Vader about a month before. Besides, it was only seen in it's current form for 5 seconds in ROTJ, so i coulden't justify another Vader in less than 2 months.

:)

SQueek
05-31-2002, 11:15 AM
what kind of bug is it? a beetle, ant, spider?

Kernel
05-31-2002, 11:43 AM
It's like one of those little green grass bugs you see in a field... except that it's brown now :)

I don't know the exact type of bug... it's the kind where it's body is basically all smooth and sort of triangular shaped. I'll do some bug checking on the net and let you know.

SQueek
06-02-2002, 07:55 AM
what type of bug effects the blue book value, lol

Kernel
06-02-2002, 01:12 PM
Bah, I'm not in it for the value... I just thought it was pretty cool. It will hang on my wall for eternity.. or at least untilk the bug falls off (if it ever does).

BizRodian
06-02-2002, 06:18 PM
That's a lucky bug. Most bugs just go through life ever knowing stardom. But this bug is packaged with a Vader toy and now has his picture on the net.

Hey! where are the toys packaged? is it in asia? you could have an asian bug in there, maybe it'll get free and start an outbreak?

Kernel
06-02-2002, 07:30 PM
LOL... newsflash: Star Wars causes mass disease and death! Film at 11!

scruffziller
06-02-2002, 11:39 PM
But you know what, the Emperor's rath Darth Vader should not even have a hand on it at all. Not even a removable one since it was lost totally at this point in the scene.