PDA

View Full Version : What did you wish was shown? (or not shown)

PloKoon2385
05-18-2002, 01:41 AM
1. Padme's family. It was in the book, so why was it cut?
2. Even more Jedi action in the Arena. More shots of the specific Jedi.
3. A Jedi funeral/ceremony, so you could have a chance to see the survivors.
4. More at the Tusken camp, show Anakin kill 'em all!
5. Less Threepio! It was almost as annoying as Jar Jar Binks!
6. More Dooku and Yoda! That was the coolest lightsaber duel yet! Caffeine-high frog vs. old wizard/vampire

What do you think should have been included/excluded?

Battle Droid
05-18-2002, 01:48 AM
The Geonosis Trial cut scene.

Plo Koon & Ki Adi Mundi trying to shut down the Droids in the Droid Control ship cut scene.

The discussion of the Lost 20 and Dooku cut scene.

The Massiffs attack Kenobi on Geonosis cut scene.

Hopefully all of those and more are on the DVD.

Beast
05-18-2002, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
Plo Koon & Ki Adi Mundi trying to shut down the Droids in the Droid Control ship cut scene.
I think you can expect to see all that and more on the DVD, BD. But the above scene probably won't be, as it was dropped from the script at an early point. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
05-18-2002, 01:59 AM
Hmmm, how about the scene where Anakin finds the dead farmers and the burnt speeder, and the tied up Eopies?

QLD
05-18-2002, 02:03 AM
I would have liked to have seen more of Padme pointing to the north.

Pendo
05-18-2002, 08:08 AM
I'd like to have seen:

The discussion of the lost 20,

Padmé's family,

the Geonosian Trial,

Dooku fighting Yoda with 2 sabers (some of this was shown on SM:TV Live this morning in the UK. It showed Christopher Lee fighting with 2 sabers against thin air then throwing one of the sabers away, very cool),

The Massiffs attack on Kenobi.

PENDO!

Sith Vicious
05-18-2002, 10:58 AM
I wish they had spent some time answering some of the longstanding questions like why some Jedi dissapear when they die or can appear as spirits. I also wish they had gone into more depth on the whole Anakin prophecy/ jedi loosing their powers thing. As much as I hated Midichlorians, I'd still like to know why they were necessary to the whole force concept.

In the less department, I wish they had made the whole Padme/Anakin romance grow more organically from the story like the Han/Leia romance in ESB instead of spending 20 minutes beating you over the head with it like they did.

Beast
05-18-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Sith Vicious
I wish they had spent some time answering some of the longstanding questions like why some Jedi dissapear when they die or can appear as spirits. I also wish they had gone into more depth on the whole Anakin prophecy/ jedi loosing their powers thing. As much as I hated Midichlorians, I'd still like to know why they were necessary to the whole force concept.

In the less department, I wish they had made the whole Padme/Anakin romance grow more organically from the story like the Han/Leia romance in ESB instead of spending 20 minutes beating you over the head with it like they did.
No Jedi has disapeered yet, that all will be revealed in Episode III. The Anakin prophecy, is that he will bring balance to the force, none of the Jedi seem to really know what that means. But he does end up helping to balance out the numbers, leaving only 2 Sith and 2 Jedi, by Episode IV. The Jedi are loosing their ability to use the force, most likely due to Sidious gaining power. Midiclorians never need to be mentioned again, all they are is somthing that allows living things to tap the force. It still takes training and such to be a Jedi.

As for the Padme/Anakin romance, they needed to show us more of that, because unlike Han and Leia, they didn't get married at the end of ESB. Padme and Anakin needed their love for each other to be well defined in the movie, so that the end wedding scene doesn't end up looking forced and contrived. I think they did a great job with all of the romance aspects of the story. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-18-2002, 01:31 PM
I think they could have left out the part about Ani slaughtering the kiddies.
But more Jedi time was needed.
AND LUCASFILM SAID THEY'D ADDRESS QUI-GON NOT DISAPPEARING IN THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hango fett
05-18-2002, 02:07 PM
i'm with quite-long dong! if not that, then more yoda kickin' dooku's butt!

QLD
05-18-2002, 03:25 PM
Not often anyone is with me. :D

I would also liked to have seen more Mace Windu.