PDA

View Full Version : Why Owen didn't recognize C3PO answer

BillyJAck
05-18-2002, 03:38 AM
Here's what i think, Owen doesn't recognize C3PO because just look at 3po in AOTC and ANH. In AOTC he is not gold colored at all he's more junk looking. Maybe he gets new coverings somewhere down the road and his memory erased for security reasons considering the twins..just my opinion

BillyJAcK:crazed:

Obi-Don
05-18-2002, 06:32 AM
I think because of the number of droids that are around and the years that passed. He just didn't remember C3PO. At the time 3PO came to work for Owen's father,Owen wasn't to interested in 3PO and thought of him as just another droid. Its just a thought.

Darth-AWT
05-18-2002, 09:04 AM
If you will notice also, No one ever tells Owen 3PO's name in ANH. To Owen it is just a protocol droid.

BespinRunt
05-18-2002, 04:07 PM
Honestly, I dont see why this is even an issue. Owen was *actively* supressing information about Anakin to Luke in ANH. If he *did* recognize Artoo or Threepio, do you honestly think he would have jumped up and said

"Jimminy Jilikers, you're the same droid that Shmi brough with her when she married dad!"

C-3PO would stare back blankly, as his memory erasure in the interim years is a given.

"C'mon, don;t you remember? When Anakin came home and killed all those Tusken Raiders with his lightsaber? Not that I'm admitting he was a Jedi or anything!"

Just doesn't click.

Way I see it, Owen needed a protocol droid. Knowing Threepio wouldn't remember him, he played dumb.

Jedi Clint
05-18-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by BespinRunt
Honestly, I dont see why this is even an issue. Owen was *actively* supressing information about Anakin to Luke in ANH. If he *did* recognize Artoo or Threepio, do you honestly think he would have jumped up and said

"Jimminy Jilikers, you're the same droid that Shmi brough with her when she married dad!"

C-3PO would stare back blankly, as his memory erasure in the interim years is a given.

"C'mon, don;t you remember? When Anakin came home and killed all those Tusken Raiders with his lightsaber? Not that I'm admitting he was a Jedi or anything!"

Just doesn't click.

Way I see it, Owen needed a protocol droid. Knowing Threepio wouldn't remember him, he played dumb.

That makes a lot of sense.

SithDroid
05-18-2002, 07:11 PM
C-3P0 has to have a memory wipe. Why would a droid forget a previous owner?

Owen most likely just doesn't remember C-3P0 because it has been 20 years and he is also colored differently.

Darth Sinister
05-19-2002, 01:00 AM
I believe Owen asks C-3P0 if he is a protocol droid and tells him he has no need for a protocol droid. This suggests he has interacted with them before (now obvious). Just another pc droid to him.

3P0 will of course have no memory of his stay there after EP III.

MikeAndTheBots
05-19-2002, 02:47 PM
I mean this may be obvious but most protocal droids look pretty much the same. So when he sees the gold one compared ot the brownish-grey one he just may think they're two different droids.