PDA

View Full Version : Han and Lando in EP3...

JediIan
05-18-2002, 09:54 AM
I really hope that they don't incorporate Han into the story ( I REALLY HOPE HE ISNT A CLONE). But something that I did think would be cool, is if there was another bar like scene. If we saw a young han and a young lando playing sabacc in the background, and have it be indicated Lando loses the hand, thus giving Han the falcon, i thought thatd be a pretty cool idea. not to have them in the story, but have them be there.

hango fett
05-18-2002, 02:10 PM
that would be very cool! hope it happens!

as always,
HF

Dryanta
05-18-2002, 02:24 PM
Hey guys,
I mentioned how much I'd like to see Han and Chewie in background cameos.No major real speaking parts.Just seeing them in the background doing something that we would recognize them for.
I mentioned maybe Han slowing his pace walking by a corillien freighter and being dragged along by his mother(?)
And Chewie maybe losing a game to a droid and pulling their arms off.Just back ground happenings,Just quick homages paid to them both.I hadn't really thought much about Lando.At the time of Ep3 Han will only be about 10 years old.So I don't see him winning the Falcon yet.

tagmac
05-19-2002, 12:57 AM
Chewbacca should be seen as a wookie slave. But, there could be another way......

Remember how Lucas said that ROTJ's final battle was originally supposed to involve WOOKIES? And how upset were a lot of fans afterwards that he didn't go through with it? Well, in Ep. III, wouldn't it be nice to visit one of the best known planets NOT seen in any movie yet.....

KASHYYYK!

Perhaps we see Chewie there.....perhaps the beginnings of wookies being taken as slaves.....THAT would be nice to see.

Tycho
05-19-2002, 07:06 PM
Han is an 11 - 12 year old Clone in E3.

He must be.

I also think that he will be the new model. Jango is dead and cannot donate DNA (or midichlorians).

Boba cannot donate:

1) they turned his father's clones against him! That's gotta hurt! Those Jedi dogs!

2) Boba is a clone - it's replication of the replicated. Better to use a new original.

Some guy is the template: a cameo appearance for HARRISON FORD???

Then his clones are used as the new ones to eventually become some of the Stormtroopers as most of Jango's clones are killed off. But maybe Boba gets command of some of them, or one foils his mission in E3 somehow, and it is none other than a single, 'solo' clone. He has no name yet, but he helps Padme escape somehow and when she questions his motives, he says "Maybe you'd like it back in your cell, your Highness?" and we'd all know what that little clone's future holds - plus his other rescued refugee - a female baby Jedi - and irony of all ironies - Han's future wife!

Eternal Padawan
05-20-2002, 02:29 AM
I thought about a Harrison Ford looking character being template 2.0. A clever idea in its own right, but I do not want to see Han, Lando, or Chewie in Episode III.

Chewie, having been a slave of the EMPIRE would have no reason to be in E3 as they haven't begun subjugating worlds yet. They are still embroiled in the CLONE WAR.

The coincidence of seeing Han and Lando on Coruscant would force me to drive to CA, sneak onto Skywalker Ranch, and give George a boot in the tush. Unless.....

...when Jar Jar gets the Falcon for Padme to use to escape, Deak Calrissian and his young son, Lando are the owners of the ship. Lando inherits it from his father and loses it to Han between III and IV. other than that, NO CAMEOS...

2-1B
05-20-2002, 02:39 AM
I never want to see Han Solo in a prequel. Or Chewie.

How old would Han and Lando be in Ep III ? 10?

Tycho
05-20-2002, 03:10 AM
Who is Deak Calrissian? He was never mentioned in any book I ever read. In fact the only other Calrissian in EU that I know of is Lando's wife, Tendra Calrissian.

And JarJar better NEVER touch the Millennium Falcon.

The fact that a YT-1300 was seen on Naboo in AOTC doesn't mean it was the Falcon. All it means was it was eye-candy some ILM'er who can't see past the OT just HAD to put in there for nostalgia's sake. (and the fact that it would take longer to keep designing new ships in order to keep the landing pads full).

Han would be between 9 and 11.

Lando is two years older than Han, thus Lando would be between 11 and 13.

Han did not even KNOW Chewbacca until he was in the Imperial Navy and was court-martialed for freeing him. Han was approximately 23 years old when he met Chewie, which was only 6 years before A New Hope.

Finally, Chewbacca was a pirate captain with his own ship (see the Chewbacca comic) and Chewie was only an Imperial slave for less than 12 months before Han changed his mind and rescued him. Han Solo was also the very same Imperial Officer who had originally captured Chewie.

Chewbacca was attacking a Trandoshan slaver ship and freeing Wookiee women and children and then acted as a Decoy in the damaged slaver ship to lure a squadron of TIE fighters and their command ship away from Chewie's own old ship, which he gave to the Wookiees he freed so they could escape. Lt. Han Solo was in command of the TIE wing and he fell for Chewie's trick. Taking the bait, when Han disabled the slaver ship, he found the Trandoshan crew dead, and only Chewbacca remaining. Chewie was taken prisoner by force and thrown into slavery.

Later Han saw him abused, and corrected his 'immoral behavior,' earning both a life-debt from Chewbacca, and a court-martial from the Imperial Navy. When Han was near suicidal, Chewie took pity on him and made him change his life around. They went into business together.

See the Chewbacca Tribute Comics (1-4) or the TPB. And Han Solo: The Paradise Snare and The Hutt Gambit. - Some of the best SW books I've ever read. No - actually THE BEST SW books I've ever read!

I've read them 3 times they are so good! No joke!

Go for it. (Rebel Dawn concluded the novel trilogy - and it is awesome too!)

Lando's history comes into it as well, including when Han wins the Falcon.

Jabba is there, so is even Darth Vader. It's everything they could make into another movie trilogy!

Beast
05-20-2002, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
And JarJar better NEVER touch the Millennium Falcon.

"Youssa knowin' meesa does. Millenium Falcon is mooie mooie bombad."

Just you wait Tycho, Jar Jar is probably the one that even named her "The Millenium Falcon." That's why the Falcon's computer has a pequilar dialect, it was programmed by Jar Jar Binks himself. It all makes sense now. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
05-20-2002, 05:57 AM
"NOoooooooo! That's not true! That's IMPOSSIBLE!"

Eternal Padawan
05-20-2002, 11:29 AM
Deak is one of the original names on the list that George hasn't reused in the Prequel Trilogy. I just randomly picked it because it sounds better than Utaupau Calrissian. My point was Calrissians father is the one who helps them escape. A tenuous connection that I don't want to see because HAN, LANDO, and CHEWIE are NOT in EPISODE III... :mad:

Tycho
05-20-2002, 03:53 PM
I think Han will be.

And it just struck me that we've never met JarJar's father. I think they should have a whole story-arc going into that before we lose the opportunity. :rolleyes:

DarthBrandon
05-20-2002, 08:51 PM
O.K. here's just a thought maybe and I say a big maybe George will change the time frame of Episode III to fit with Han, Chewie, and Lando thus at the end of the film you don't see Ben wandering off into the sunset but Vader and company hunting down Jedi maybe a few years later just to bridge ANH and Episode III together.

DeadEye
05-20-2002, 09:08 PM
Maybe if Han was a clone he had the growth acceleration, which might also slow down aging--so he'd be the same age in EP3 as in EP4.

Tycho
05-21-2002, 01:45 AM
They couldn't do that because of Harrison's age.

BUT Harrison could be in the movie as the donator! (Like Jango was in E2)

Whoa!

Harrison might not be "into" Star Wars anymore, but he's good friends with George.

You never know...

The young Han would still be played by someone else, but he might be in the movie, side by side with Harrison Ford! Wow! Think about it!

Eternal Padawan
05-21-2002, 10:31 AM
That's true, Tycho. Harrison could come down to the ranch for an afternoon and shoot some blue-screen like Oliver Davies did for AOTC and they could add "Senator Falfa" into any shot they needed. Perfect.

sunblind
05-21-2002, 02:24 PM
I love the idea of the little tie-in's. Some of my friends don't think so, but then I feel that it lets you in on what Han or Lando or who ever, where they were at that point in time, even if the story isnt direct with the main.

eliwankenobi
05-21-2002, 02:49 PM
Stop! Stop, stop, stop. No Han or Lando in E3! No Chewie as a slave in E3! Why can't we just leave them as unique characters to E's 4-6? And the whole idea of Han as a clone - horrible!!!

Everyone b#tched about how bad E1 was in seeing Anakin as a little kid. Why would you all want to see Han, Lando, etc. in their childhood as well?

I for one, was very disappointed to see Baby Boba in E2. The character acting and interaction with "dad" was fine, but the whole concept has destroyed my impression of "Boba the Bad-@ss" in E's 4-6. I loved the mystery of Boba. I didn't need to know where he came from, who his dad was, etc. All I see now is that Boba just followed in his dad's footsteps in getting knocked off too quick and easy.

IMO, I think GL is trying to tie too many things together between the OT and the NT (new trilogy). We don't need to know EVERYTHING! If GL spent less time with unnessary ties and more time with plot development in these prequels, we might see a much smoother, clearer story.

Rogue II
05-22-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by eliwankenobi
Stop! Stop, stop, stop. No Han or Lando in E3! No Chewie as a slave in E3! Why can't we just leave them as unique characters to E's 4-6? And the whole idea of Han as a clone - horrible!!!

Everyone b#tched about how bad E1 was in seeing Anakin as a little kid. Why would you all want to see Han, Lando, etc. in their childhood as well?

I agree. Leave Han Solo, Lando, and Chewie out of Episode 3. I don't see how he can be a clone if he was an officer in the Imperial Navy.

I don't even want to see Harrison Ford play Han Solo's father.

The Empire is going to have to stop cloning. Wars cost lots of money. I am sure cloning is expensive and somewhat slow. If the war drags on like Palpy wants it to, he will have to at least augment clones with regular people. He won't have trouble finding volunteers to fight for the Empire if his cause is popular. Look at today, the US military has been having trouble the past few years recruiting and retaining troops. Sept 11 happens...the recruiting goals for 2002 are already being met. Now, on a galactic level, there shouldn't be any problem getting people to fight. That is why I don't think Stormtroopers or any other Imperial personnel are cloned by the time Episode IV rolls around.

Tycho
05-22-2002, 10:36 PM
Oh, I agree that a lot of the Stormtroopers from the Classic movies are enlisted, volunteers, and forcibly recruited from across the galaxy.

Maybe the best of the best are still Clones, but that doesn't mean that they are from Han's template either. He STILL could be a Clone made back in the days 29 years before ANH.

Hmmm. Which means either Han had growth acceleration, or there was another cloning project going on at the same time as Kamino's, because Han couldn't possibly have been grown AFTER the Jedi took command of Kamino's Republic Clones.

If Boba was started perhaps 2 years before TPM, Han had to be started about 3 years after TPM. But Jango would still be the donor, alive and well then....

So, 3 years after Maul died, did Palpatine tell his new apprentice Dooku, that in 'x' amount more years, he (Dooku that is) would need his own clone army? So Dooku got one going for the Separatists?

Also, something else doesn't make sense. If Tyranus replaced Maul, but recruited Jango Fett "on one of the moons of Bogden" a long enough time ago for Boba to be at least 12 in AOTC (no growth acceleration on Boba), than Tyranus was involved in this thing BEFORE Darth Maul died!

Interesting. Very interesting. Or the Clones were unrelated to the Sith plot until Palpatine found out about them after Maul died. But I doubt that. Palpatine's role is to know everything....

Hmmm. A new puzzle we have here, regardless if Han is or is not a Clone....

scruffziller
05-25-2002, 01:10 AM
Han would be way to young for it to matter.

R2D2DUKFAN
05-25-2002, 10:39 AM
Wasnt Han a storm trooper at one point in time? And if so, wouldnt it be interesting to see him convert from the Army to taking over the millenium falcon?

Tycho
05-25-2002, 06:46 PM
Obviously I have Han being a trained Clone child in my take. So he could contribute in a minimal way just as the young Boba Fett turned on Slave One and fired its guns at Obi-Wan to help defend his father.

Han on the other hand, will help Padme, and ironically, his future wife (though the 10 year old Clone would have no clue as to that)

Han can 1) open a door 2) smuggle someone guns 3) tell them how to escape 4) distract Boba Fett or whoever's in charge.

He will be disobeying orders. Why? He's a rebel. True to the bone, and most ironic as in ANH and ESB he won't admit it because he doesn't know himself that well. His love for Leia and his friendship with Luke will change him - the impact the Jedi Twins have on the enemy-turned-hero. Classic mythology.

As to the Expanded Universe and exactly what is in

a) A.C. Crispin's Han Solo Trilogy (Paradise Snare, Hutt Gambit, Rebel Dawn) - the best SW books EVER!

b) Brian Daley's Han Solo Adventures (Star's End, HS's Revenge, and The Lost Legacy)

and

c) Darko Macan's comic "Chewbacca"

and

d) an off-shoot reference in Christine Kathryn Rusch's
"The New Rebellion"

these are the facts (and I've read them all 3 times or more!):

They will not negate any Clone theory:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Denn Solo fled Corellia's core systems (Corellia, Drall, Selonia) to make a life for himself and his wife Mrs. Gamma-Solo. There may have been a blood feud within the family, due to relations to Solo-the-Black, a known pirate and murderer.

Corellians take family EXTREMELY seriously. One is terribly loyal to one's house and family. If Solo The Black became the leading patriarch, and Denn was his cousin or brother or something, not supporting the crazy pirate could have merited a death sentence- a blood feud WITHIN the Solo family!

Denn and Grandma Gamma-Solo left Corellia and lived on a farming colony world. A raid by PIRATES there split the two of them up. To protect their children, they separated. Denn and the son were never seen again.

The mother (Grandma Gamma, and the daughter, Tion, returned to Corellia, while presumably the Solo's enemies pursued the direct blood relative, Denn). Tion was raised in the Gamma household and married a merchant captain named something-Sal. He died under dubious conditions later on. They had one son - Thrackan Sal-Solo.

If Han did NOT have growth acceleration, and he is 29 in ANH, then the disappearance of Denn must have happened approximately 30 years before before TPM. Then his son would be about 30 during TPM (Denn would be 60 if still alive). Han was born 3 years after TPM if he is NOT a Clone. Approximately 30 years after that (The Empire Strikes Back time), Han's father would be 60 and Denn (if still alive) would be 90.

Maybe the father was a mercenary and survivalist who gave himself up for genetic cloning for money to survive - just like people dontate blood or plasma.

In my version, Han was a rebellious Clone who disobeyed an immoral order - to kill a woman with newborn children! Regardless of whether he's still a child - approximately 11 years old at that point - I doubt most of you killed pregnant women, or women and children, and especially at 11 years of age!

For disobeying orders and making an early enemy out of Fett (then 16-17 and with a huge chip on his shoulder - not to mention dead padawan's braids), Han had to run away.

As a youngster, he lived off of begging and digging in garbage cans on the streets of Corellia. No doubt, if a Clone Warrior with survival training, he lasted longer than most kids would have.

Pirate Captain Gariss Shrike found him begging. Shrike offered him a job (slavery basically) on his freighter barge where Shrike kept stray children he used as pick-pockets and whatever else he pimped them for. He was an evil man given to gambling and drinking etc. He had teamed up with a Wookiee outcast who was blamed for crimes he didn't commit and exiled from Kashyyk along with his wife, Dewlanna, who served as Shrike's cook. She took an instant liking to the little kid she called Han and his sense that beings should be treated with justice. She taught him to understand the Shryywook language of Kashyyk and stayed aboard when her husband was killed so she could protect Han from Shrike who beat him. Shrike also used Han's abilities as a pilot (Clone training?) to make his race speeder bikes. Fearing a beating, in one such instance, Han sort of improvised (cheated?) and nearly fatally injured a rival (like Sebulba) who was named Dengar. Dengar later had bionic surgeries to fully recover and he became an Imperial soldier and then a bounty hunter.

Han ran away from Shrike when Dewlanna was killed trying to protect him. He swore he'd help another Wookiee to repay her.

Han fell in working for the Hutts and fell in love with one of their slaves and ultimately killed a Hutt (a rival of Jabba's) when he robbed the Hutt and escaped with loot, a stolen ship, and his girlfriend, Bria Tharen. He was going to marry her and use fake records to join the Imperial Navy. She left him and joined the Rebel Alliance.

Han became an Officer training in a class with the future Baron Soontir Fel, an academy friend of Han's. He graduated first in his class and was honored by Tarkin on a political tour of the campus. Han won command of a TIE wing and protected the Empire's mercantile interests on the Outer Rim. He was already 23 years old.

Meanwhile, Chewbacca had been in love with a Wookiee female named Mallatabuck who secretly loved Chewie. She became a school teacher while Chewie was becoming an engineer. When Malla and her children she instructed were taken by Trandoshan slavers (Bossk's species) Chewie ripped the lizards apart limb by limb until he found her. He took one of their ships and swore he'd bring home all of the missing Wookiee children. He waged a bloody one-man-war against Trandosha and rallied other Wookiee warriors to his cause. He even went to the Core to testify in the Senate against Trandoshan slavery practices. When that failed, his methods and his men became more violent. Citing that the Wookiees were animals and the Trandoshan "merchants" needed protection, they asked the Empire to protect them. This unofficially allowed the Empire into the slave trade.

Lt. Solo's TIE wing caught site of Chewbacca's 'terrorist ship' attacking and cripling a Trandoshan freighter. Chewie had already boarded the Trandoshan ship and killed all of its crew by the time the Imperials were within range. Chewie ordered the older Wookiees and the women to fly his ship away, while he used the Trandoshan freighter's weapons to distract the Imperials. He was no match for a whole squadron of TIE Fighters and a Nebulon Frigate. He was the only person aboard when Lt. Han Solo took him prisoner. Han was 23 years old and in line to be promoted to Lt. Cmdr.

Less than a year later, Han caught site of what had become of Chewie, being beaten and ready to turn on his Imperial masters and be killed for ripping them apart. Han remembered his promise to Dewlanna and helped Chewie do it. Chewie escaped and Han was captured, beaten, tortured, court-martialed and had his pilot's license revoked. He was turned out on the streets and trying to commit suicide by cheating at gambling with very dangerous types when Chewbacca decided Han "had won that hand" and no one wanted to argue with a very angry Wookiee. Chewie thought he owed Han, but also thought Han was a pathetic child (Chewie was 194 years old afterall). Chewie worked to straighten out Han's life, but they needed to work and Han didn't have a license. Jabba owed him and was fond of the boy who had taken out a rival Hutt at only age 19. You know the rest of the story - save for one fact: Boba Fett was also working for Jabba from time to time - AND the rival faction that wanted Han (under a different name) dead for killing a Hutt (a relative of Durga the Hutt's). JABBA PAID Boba Fett to leave Han alone! If Fett touched Han, he would die, not Solo!

But business is business and you know the rest.

NOTHING SAYS HAN can't also be a CLONE WARRIOR! It all jives if you take the EU in or discard it.

EU that negates anything that would become cannon IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE PUBLISHED!

So the EU is legitimized since there is only one continuity and the films are part of it.

Furthermore, purists who state only the movies are cannon, while they can be called correct from a certain point of view, will not see films come out that negate the EU.

Even the Fett - Jaster Mureel thing was just resolved! See your comic book store NOW and on the shelves you will find Jango Fett #1. This is not the Jango Fett TPB. This is a single thin issue to be continued next month.

In it, you'll learn that Jaster Mureel saved Jango Fett's life and Jango adopted him as sort of a hero / father figure when his own father was killed on Concord Dawn. He kept the Mandalorian armor of Jaster when Jaster was likely killed as the Jedi wiped them out for crimes they didn't commit. Boba, Jango's son, donned Jaster's armor to honor the man who saved his father, so he could be someone his father would be proud of.

The EU holds. People who tell creative stories and make them mesh should be appreciated and applauded, and Han can and probably will be a Clone!

Beast
05-25-2002, 07:05 PM
Only problem I see with the whole Han clone theroy Tycho, is because the Kamino cloners state that the Clones are bred and trained to follow orders. And in the visual dictionary, it says that the clones are inspected at every stage of life to identify those who have drifted from the standard. Aberrant clones are given extra conditioning to regulize them. It also says that the clones don't have normal personalities. So Han doesn't really fit the pattern. He only would if he was an unaltered clone like Boba, but then who would order him?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=93616

Tycho
05-25-2002, 07:22 PM
This is reaching, but what if Boba Fett did? Boba has no family, his father was his only influence. And Boba cannot be cloned because of what we'd guess would be genetic degradation.

That would explain why a 10 year old Han could have been left in charge. But Han wouldn't be a little brother, or even 'a son' to Fett. He's from a different genetic background anyway, and he was given an immoral order! Fett didn't create that order, but he heard it from Tarkin or even Darth Sidious personally. He would not question that. Plus his heart is twisted and perhaps he could kill a mother and newborns - or hoped his obedient prodigy would save him the trouble. But Han would not obey that order!

That is reaching too far I think, but Fett is nearly 20, so he could have children - some of us do in our 20's. (not me personally) However, with growth acceleration, Fett would have a 5 - 10 year old son (half his age) in half the normal time. But then again, do you see that guy caring for a baby the way his father did for him?

Ohhh. But if Han betrayed him, it would go even deeper than what we thought! Wow!

E2 is about betrayal:

Han to Fett?
Palpatine to the Republic
Palpatine to Dooku
Dooku to Palpatine
Anakin to Obi-Wan
Mace to the Jedi?
JarJar to Padme (in E2 actually, but rectified in E3 with his sacrafice)

and the last one Anakin doesn't see:

Palpatine to Anakin

Wow! It fits a theme.

Chewtobacco
06-17-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
Han did not even KNOW Chewbacca until he was in the Imperial Navy and was court-martialed for freeing him

This information is interesting. I assume it comes from Star Wars comics (which I don't read). Am I right?

Does GL approve the storylines? I have to doubt that he does. But maybe. I'm curious because this does make you wonder about the cloning issue. Did the imperial army/navy recruit across the galaxy for their military? I thought it was just clones.

DeadEye
06-17-2002, 10:40 PM
He looks at EVERYTHING that is done--the books, games, everything. However, he can make the movies however he wants, and so he doesn't care if the movies contradict what the books say.

Tycho
06-18-2002, 02:00 AM
The information about how Han met Chewbacca comes from the Chewbacca dedicated story collection published by Dark Horse Comics and simply called "Chewbacca."

Comics and books, as well as video games, RPG's, CCG's etc. all fit into one continuity. For example, 21 years after ROTJ, Chewbacca (age 225) is killed, prompting Dark Horse to do this tribute comic project. Now no video game, cardgame, nothing, can have Chewbacca as a character, beyond 21 years past ROTJ.

So LUCAS LICENSING takes their orders from George, and he set up some rules about what could and could not be shown.

Lucas does NOT read everything, or even much of any of it. It is rumored that he does read the comics. RUMORED. He's also described the movies to play like comics, or Saturday Morning Cartoons. Not big on exposition, acting, dialogue, or intellectual posturing, just simply war, feelings, passion, and fun.

When Timothy Zahn was writing the very first books authorized after (how many?) years, Lucas might have helped him out with certain details - like how the Rebel Alliance was formed (with Garm Bel Ibis, et all) and that the Clone Wars really involved clones and that they did succeed in cloning a Jedi (C'Baoth) but the efforts produced very unstable individuals.

Meanwhile, when Ann Crispin got the contract to write out Han Solo's past in a huge 3-book event, I think Lucas helped her with some things too. She was expressedly forbidden to write about Han's time in the Imperial Navy though, as well as restricted from writing about how exactly Han rescued Chewie. (perhaps the latter was only because Dark Horse had already bid on doing that...I don't know. The timing seems wrong though when you consider release dates of the Crispin stuff ('97 I think) and the Chewie stuff wasn't coming out until '99 really - though they might have planned it then).

But anyway, as far as Han being a Clone in the Republic's Army and Han serving in the Imperial Navy, he could have done both, but one has nothing to do with the other. And no, in a bureacracy THAT big (in their military) they would not figure it out - and even if they did - if he's qualified as a pilot, why send Han back to infantry? He was never put in the Army as an adult. He'd have been 10 when he left the first time. Had he stayed in, he'd have been a trained soldier. Instead, he left, came back, and became a trained pilot. The Empire could care less. They're all cannon fodder in the Emperor's service.

Anyway, maybe the Empire at first used Clones, but once they could draft or conscript, the could 'declare cloning illegal' yet still secretly do it themselves (as in Timothy Zahn's stuff we learned that they did). Who knows what was the Emperor's "entire legion of his best troops in ROTJ?" Might've meant clones, specifically. Maybe E3 will shed some light on that, but with the thing in question pertaining to E6, I doubt it.

JEDIpartner
06-18-2002, 10:01 AM
I personally don't want any more OT characters in the saga. It would make the galaxy seem about as big as a city block. That's hardly the scope in which you would believe the Republic could exist. It it was... it wouldn't be that impressive, would it?

Rogue II
06-18-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I personally don't want any more OT characters in the saga. It would make the galaxy seem about as big as a city block. That's hardly the scope in which you would believe the Republic could exist. It it was... it wouldn't be that impressive, would it?

I agree. The only exceptions I would make would people who are senior Imperial or Rebel leadership from ANH, like Tarkin. I assume that he has 30+ years of Imperial Service by the time ANH occurs, so in EP3, he would be a somewhat established officer having 10-15 years of service.

Tycho
06-18-2002, 03:44 PM
I understand your concerns, but this is less about making this the most far-spread realistic galaxy as it is about showing how the Force binds these characters together.

Ben explains that exactly when Leia's hologram appears. Isn't that telling us that one heck of a lot of coincidences are going to start to occur? (The brother and sister? Though at this point, perhaps Ben does not even know Leia's relation to Luke).

However, coicidence, like the Force, "surrounds us, penetrates us, and is what binds the universe together."

If Han is a Clone, his very existence would never have happened without the scheming of the Sith. And in all irony, it is implied that he will be the father of the first new Jedi (through Leia). There are more ironies in Star Wars, but the Sith creating the Father of their enemies is perfect - and doubly reinforced since their scheming also created Vader, who betrays and destroys the Sith, plus fathers the first new Jedi Master.

ChemOx
06-19-2002, 05:13 PM
Do any of you realize how HUGE the universe is??......I would have to say that if we saw Han, Lando, Chewie in Ep III, it would make it an incredibly small universe.

scruffziller
06-20-2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Rogue II

I agree. The only exceptions I would make would people who are senior Imperial or Rebel leadership from ANH, like Tarkin. I assume that he has 30+ years of Imperial Service by the time ANH occurs, so in EP3, he would be a somewhat established officer having 10-15 years of service.
Yes Tarkin is the only person that would make sense as to having. We could also have Admiral Ackbar because he was his personal slave.