PDA

View Full Version : Jango's spare armor pieces.

hango fett
05-18-2002, 10:41 AM
he doesn't have his viser thing on his helmet! i noticed this the first time around...i was looking to see if he moved it behind his head but it's not there! messup or intentional?

MikeAndTheBots
05-18-2002, 10:54 AM
I think it got knocked off during battle. I mean didn't he get hit in the head a couple times?

Lman316
05-22-2002, 05:35 PM
If you mean that view finder "dealy", it's positioned behind his head during that battle.
I just got back from my second viewing, so I was watching more closely for stuff and I just happened to notice this.

chris
06-05-2002, 07:15 PM
Yea, it was probably just bent back behind his helmet.

saladin
06-06-2002, 12:07 AM
Ya it was bent behind

pthfnder89
06-06-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Lman316
If you mean that view finder "dealy", it's positioned behind his head during that battle.
I just got back from my second viewing, so I was watching more closely for stuff and I just happened to notice this.

Actually it is broken off completely when Obi Wan causes Jango to crash into the wall.

At the very begining when Jango flies up on the tower, you can see the viewfinder flip behind his head right before the rocket fires (presumably so it doesn't get messed up)

But after that it is back in position on the top of his head when he is fighting with Obi Wan. After the crash however it disapperas completely. You can see this up close when Jango is climbing back up the side of the dome, after he cuts Obi Wans cord. There are several closeups of the front and back of Jangos head and the viewfinder is gone. :)

Exhaust Port
06-06-2002, 03:16 PM
If that's the case then I'm suprised that he didn't fix it at some point.

pthfnder89
06-06-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
If that's the case then I'm suprised that he didn't fix it at some point.

Well apparently he did because it's back on when he's on Geonosis. So he either fixes it or he has another helmet (which could be since he also had another jetpack):)

hango fett
06-07-2002, 06:40 PM
i think that WAS a new helmet because the viser is on the opposite side...at least it is in the commercial for him....

Beast
06-07-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
i think that WAS a new helmet because the viser is on the opposite side...at least it is in the commercial for him....
That was the first version of the commercial, in the second version it was flipped back the correct way. It's likely the same helmet, Jango just replaced the viewfinder/antenna if it got knocked off. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
06-08-2002, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

That was the first version of the commercial, in the second version it was flipped back the correct way. It's likely the same helmet, Jango just replaced the viewfinder/antenna if it got knocked off. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Presumably it is since the dent that helmet recieves while battling Obi Wan is still there when he goes to Geonosis.:)

Beast
06-08-2002, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
Presumably it is since the dent that helmet recieves while battling Obi Wan is still there when he goes to Geonosis.:)
Doesn't he actually recieve the dent, when he's battling Mace and gets trampled by the Reek? I could be wrong, but I swear that's when it happens. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SQueek
06-08-2002, 07:26 PM
does jango look so much better with his "mini" jetpack on, the other one is just so much more boba and the colors dont even match him, i dont think he should ever wear the regular one!

karateyoda17
06-08-2002, 08:17 PM
Its just you.

2-1B
06-08-2002, 08:29 PM
I don't think he'll be wearing the regular one again anytime soon. :D

bigbarada
06-08-2002, 08:31 PM
Dammit, karateyoda17! You beat me to it! :p:D

Actually I agree, the jetpack he wore in the arena looks a lot better. However, if you think about it shouldn't Boba Fett have that one, especially since the other one blew up on Kamino?

I guess Jango had several jetpacks, either that or Boba just went on over to JRU (Jetpacks R' Us) and bought a new one.:D

SQueek
06-08-2002, 08:31 PM
i dont think he'll be wearing anything anytime soon...

Beast
06-08-2002, 08:43 PM
Maybe a hocky mask, when he comes back in Jango X!! :D

Ki Ki Ki Ah Ah Ah (Or should that be, Ki Ki Ki Adi Adi Adi) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
06-10-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Doesn't he actually recieve the dent, when he's battling Mace and gets trampled by the Reek? I could be wrong, but I swear that's when it happens. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Nope. The dent happens on Kamino when Obi Wan wraps the wire around the pole and sends Jango crashing into the little "dividing wall" on the landing pad. This is also when his viewfinder snaps off.

There's a couple of closeups when Jango is climbing back up the side of the landing pad, and his viewfinder is gone and the dent is visible.

Also, the dent is there on Geonosis when he atempts to roast Mace on the balcony. :)

Beast
06-10-2002, 12:27 AM
Thanks pthfnder89. Glad to be proven wrong in this respect, as that means that it is the same helmet. Jango repairs the helmet, or has Boba do it, and then later Boba inherits it and re-paints it. :)

MYFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sleth
06-10-2002, 03:15 AM
No no no, you gots it all rong. He never puts an antenna back on the opposite side of his helmet. The reason it looked that way in the commercial is cause they simply flipped the pics in that scene. They did this, I think by accident in ROTJ, in Jabba's palace you can see Boba with everything flipped around.