PDA

View Full Version : WHOA! Why did the price of Tan Vest Jedi Luke PLUMMET?

Dexter
05-18-2002, 02:52 PM
I needed a new Jedi Knight Luke for a diorama, so I went on eBay to look, and saw that the old Tan Vest Luke Jedi Knights are selling for $#10 and under now!!!

What's up with that?!? Those things used to be $75+, and people were buying them for that price enthusiastically...

Did KayBee unearth an entire factory full of them, or something? I can't believe how cheap they became! :sur:

Now, if only KayBee would unearth a ton of Dark Troopers... :evil:

Beast
05-18-2002, 02:56 PM
Nope, just the market fluctuates. A figure that used to be worth a ton on the secondary market, drops like a rock cause less people are looking for it. None of the major variation in the modern line will stay valuable long, there are just way to many of them out there. Plus the tan vested Luke Jedi figure shipped for a long time, before the black version replaced it. In the end, it's worth what someone will pay for it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

TeeEye7
05-23-2002, 07:09 AM
The most recent price in (*plug your ears SirSteve*) Lee's Toy Review magazine still shows the figure holding at a healthy price.

If it's selling for under 10 bucks, either the seller is desparate for money, or I'd be wary of a fake!

As the old saying goes: buyer beware! I hope it's the genuine article, tho. What a steal!:)

atomicmaniac
05-23-2002, 09:24 AM
Maybe everybody realized the truth. That figure sucks.

icatch9
05-23-2002, 09:46 AM
Listen to Jar Jar he's right. I love Lee's guide, but I realize that's mearly a list price. It's not what it's really worth. Ebay is the closet thing to actually price when it comes to these things. I mean hundreds to thousands of people are looking at your item. And people will pay what they think it is worth. After all it's the people that determin the price, not a magazine. I know the mag gets its numbers from many different places. But if one of those places is Brians toys then the prices are going to be a tad inflated.

If you don't have one and want one, then I say get it now. Sure the market does jump up and down. It seems to be down now on this figure, but I doubt it will ever get any lower. So, your investment will pay off.

QLD
05-23-2002, 11:38 AM
Well, maybe it's only worth 10 dollars now because it's a stupid variation. It's the same figure, and just because they forgot to paint part of him black, well, it doesn't make the figure much if at all different. Certainly not worth paying more for. I mean, Would anyone pay more for a car that had one door painted the wrong color? Variations and errors being valuable confuse me. It would be one thing if it were a COOl error.