PDA

View Full Version : Carded Chewie (Bespin Escape)

Dak Powers
05-18-2002, 05:00 PM
Rebelscum just posted these-- Enjoy! Looks like a great figure.

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=toys2/sagachewiecd_front.jpg

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=toys2/sagachewiecd_back.jpg

Beast
05-18-2002, 05:07 PM
Cool beans, Chewie and C-3PO looks 10 times better then the original prototypes we saw at Toy Fair. Very well articulated and I like that they have the fur hanging off the arms like on the 25th Anniversary figure. Not to mention it hanging down from the head. And the light up eyes C-3PO is an awesome pack in. Figures like these for 5.88, sure are a steal. Makes up for the shorter figures in the line. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

cujo fett
05-18-2002, 05:07 PM
looks awesome, can't wait for this one!!!

Dexter
05-18-2002, 05:26 PM
I'm shocked to say it, but that looks GREAT!

9 points of articulation? Neck, legs, knees, arms, AND shoulders? WHOA! Way to go, Hasbro! Vive Chewbacca!

Lord Tenebrous
05-18-2002, 05:36 PM
Not knees, wrists...which are nice for alternative between active and passive posing, unlike the relatively frozen Leia and Lando Bespin from the POTJ line.

Beast
05-18-2002, 05:45 PM
Yeah, like Lord Tenebrous said no articulation in the knees. Looks like they dropped waist articulation also, due to the bandolieer. No big loss on that though, and Hasbro made up for it with articulation at the neck, ball jointed shoulders, elbows, wrists, and legs. It's one of the very best Chewbacca's to date. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dryanta
05-18-2002, 06:06 PM
Awesome figure.My new favorite I think!!!
June release Jar Jar?

Beast
05-18-2002, 06:10 PM
He should start popping up very very soon, though he's scheduled to hit in June. But just like everything else, I expect to start hearing reports of the figure being found any day now. He's in the same Collection 1 wave with Han Solo: Endor Raid and Obi-Wan Kenobi: Jedi Starfighter Pilot. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

CrossWizard
05-18-2002, 06:12 PM
Im not too impressed with the Han, but Chewie along with Pilot Obi look awesome.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-18-2002, 07:12 PM
I think Obi-Wan Pilot absolutely sucks, Han Endor Raid is ok and this Chewbacca looks superb!!! I am already getting Chewie Falcon Mechanic for a hangar diorama and i am getting this one for the Bespin scene. Great detail on both 3PO and Chewie and finally some badass articulation. Nice touch on the electronic 3PO, but it would have been perfect if it had his famous "Stormtroopers? Here?" or the "You put my head on backwards you furry ape" and his bowcaster.

:D

Jargo
05-18-2002, 07:58 PM
Alas no removable bandolier but I said way back that this was kick*** and I still think so. I said the pack in was nice but the gimmick is actually the first one that I actually welcome. I love this figure. My list of wants is fast dwindling but every so often one comes along that makes you smile and grin and gives you that butterflies in the stomach thing about wanting to hunt it down faster than you hunt for the mising sock in the morning after a hot date..... oh. bad analogy..... :stupid: :happy:

CooLJoE
05-19-2002, 04:30 AM
This one is on the top of my wants list (along with Bespin Luke with bloody stump).

Although I wonder one thing for Hasbro. They make the GIJOE line and have been doing so for years. Those figures have TONS of articulation. Even the new slightly bigger, buff-looking, GIJOE guys have tons of articulation. So why is Hasbro short-changing the Saga line? Why not make all the new SW figures using the same articulation design?

side note: If you haven't seen the new GIJOEs, please take a look at them before responding to this. They no longer have the funny-looking hip joints.

Here is a picture from Hasbro's site of 2 GIJOE figures (being hosted from my personal web space). They are sold 2 in a pack for like $8. Not bad at all. And although the hips don't move as much as they used to, the figure still rocks with lots of articulation.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/cooljoe/images/newgijoes.jpg

187-Maul
05-19-2002, 06:22 AM
at first I didn't really like chewie but now I'm realy loking forward to it! graet articulation and cool accesories

darth chuck
05-19-2002, 06:47 AM
I saw this fig at the celebration. It really is as good as it looks. Easily the best chewie yet.

QLD
05-19-2002, 09:01 AM
Chewie Chewie Chewie....can't you see....sometimes your figure just hypnotizes me.

BespinRunt
05-19-2002, 10:52 AM
The first wave of the new GIJoe line has Star Wars-like leg articulation (thoroughly hampered by the big belts the design team sculpted to hide the swivel waist). But the GIJoe community so hated and opposed the shoddy articulation (compared to past Joe standards) that Hasbro had to put the line on hold, and reengineer the coming waves to include the "funny looking" waist articulation that makes them so much more playable than a Star Wars toy.

CooLJoE
05-19-2002, 05:20 PM
Hmmm, the "funny looking" waist I refer to is the old style that had been used for YEARS. The ball joint hips with the ball/socket style waist. They brought GIJOE back with a few of the more popular figures. Then they stopped the line and made them bigger and buffer-looking with the rotating waist line (like pretty much all SW figures). Most GIJOE people I know loved the old ball/socket waist thats funny looking because it was just so much better for over all playability and posing. And those same people don't like the new line.

If you mean that Hasbro is going back to the old ball/socket waist, then I'm sorry. I just misread your post. And on a second note, I'll be super happy since I loved GIJOE until they made the switch to the crappy rotating waist line.

But for SW figures, the new GIJOE line is still better in articulation. I just wish Hasbro would make SW figures with more articulation, like what GIJOE has now.

Jargo
05-19-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by CooLJoE
But for SW figures, the new GIJOE line is still better in articulation. I just wish Hasbro would make SW figures with more articulation, like what S GIJOE has now.

SEE ME ;)

'Like that which he now has'

DarthMaulSithLord
05-19-2002, 07:16 PM
That Cobra Commander fig looks sweet!

Oh btw, about that new Chewie, does it come with his bowcaster?

:)

yngadult
05-19-2002, 07:39 PM
If there was articulation on the knees, they would eventually loosen and will be unable to stay upright. A lot of the older Joes are like rag dolls as all their joints are loose. I would prefer no joints on legs than have a useless toy over the years.

Beast
05-19-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord
Oh btw, about that new Chewie, does it come with his bowcaster? :)
Nope, just take a look at the pictures of the figure. He comes with an Imperial Blaster, because that's what he used on Cloud City. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
05-19-2002, 08:18 PM
This figure looks great; but missing the mark of being the best Chewie ever because he still has no bowcaster. Oh well, maybe in a later Chewie figure. Just because he didn't have a bowcaster in the movie is no reason not to include the accessory. Look at Peasant Anakin, Boba Fett, Dexter and Dooku; they all came with accessories they didn't use in the film so why can't Chewie?

Anyway, when all is said and done this is the best Chewie I have seen in terms of sculpting and articulation. Maybe I can find a clearanced 25th Anniversary pack and get a bowcaster from that.

farlow78
05-19-2002, 10:47 PM
Emperor Jargo - What was the point of your post?

yngadult - I don't know about your GIJOEs, but all of mine still have strong joints. All mine were used alot and are from the series right after the all-green ones. I take that back, 1 of them has loose joints but he was used and abused many times.

hamsterboy
05-20-2002, 02:16 AM
So,basically we're getting two figures for the price of one? Sweet!

JEDIpartner
05-20-2002, 09:32 AM
I just took a peek at the pics this morning. I had a busy weekend, so cut me some slack! This WILL be the best Chewbacca figure EVER!!!! The Threepio pack is quite a welcome addition. I was a little worried that it would just be a big "lump o'Threepio" and little more. Too bad Hasbro couldn't also pack in a "corrected scale" bowcaster, but... I guess this will suffice! :happy:

bigbarada
05-20-2002, 12:43 PM
I reread my last comments and realized that it sounds as if I don't like this figure. The opposite is true actually, I love it. I'm just slightly frustrated that the last three carded Chewies didn't include a bowcaster. The only way to get one is to pilfer it from the 25th Anniversary Chewie, but that figure is totally ruined without his weapon.