PDA

View Full Version : The Dent!!

Hellzer
05-18-2002, 06:55 PM
Someone noted yesterday that Jango hits his head on the door when boarding Slave 1 after his battle with Obi-Wan, much in the same manner of the Stormtrooper in ANH. But unlike the latter, this appears to be done on purpose, possibly to explain the dent that Jango gets on his helmet. It just came to me like a bolt of lightning for no apparent reason. I noticed that they used the CGI Jango in that very scene and there was a definate clanging sound effect added in as well. I doubt the animators would make him do such a bonehead thing if there wasn't a reason behind it. Maybe they're beating the EU department to the punch. Did anyone else notice that?

Lord Tenebrous
05-18-2002, 06:59 PM
His helmet is not dented by the door, but rather when he's trampled by the Reek. :)

And if I had just been battling with somebody, and had a helmet on, I'd probably get hit in the head by an automatic door as well. Jango was visibly fatigued.

Pendo
05-19-2002, 08:17 AM
I think the ILMers were just trying to be funny...unsuccesfully!

PENDO!

SQueek
05-19-2002, 12:18 PM
it did not hit him but it came close, the dent was made by the reek, so its there for about 9 seconds before it falls to the ground.

BUT-its in thr wrong spot. its to far back, and it is clearly a dent and not a blaster shot that is worn by the ever so great boba fett. someone get comparisson pics and prove me right!

Jason B
05-19-2002, 07:09 PM
personally, i thought it was when Obi-Wan booted him in the head.

JediIan
05-19-2002, 07:13 PM
i think it was yet another easter egg inserted by Lucas and Co. uh oh, perhaps we should say that that stormy from ANH is one of the left over clones..... perhaps once they end their speedy growth, they go into a recession to remain in their pique physical form, so yes, i have decided they guy who bangs his head in ANH is directly related to the clones of AOTC. so ha :)

Hellzer
05-19-2002, 10:06 PM
Well I just watched the Jango commercial spot, and in the shot of him shooting his flame thrower (at Mace), the dent appears to already be there. Now that moment happened well before the encounter with the Reek, so I still believe my door theory.

And SQueek, I swear that door does hit him; right in the spot where the dent is coincidently enough. You can hear a rather audible "clang" when it happens, although I only heard it during my second viewing when I had a much better seat location. If you aren't paying close attention you could easily miss it.

JediIan is correct that it might just be an easter egg, as well as being a cute (and possibly last minute) way to explain where the dent came from.

I plan on seeing the movie a lot more, so I'll try to get to the bottom of this. Only Star Wars could bring forth such an odd topic of discussion.

Freedom
05-19-2002, 11:22 PM
You can see the dent before the fight is over. When Jango looks over the edge to see what happened to Obi-Wan, you can see it.

As far as the door on the Slave I, Boba got impatient and started closing it. Jango realises and ducks in.

DarthChuckMc
05-20-2002, 12:24 AM
The dent is there during the fight with Obi-wan on Kamino. I just double checked. And he does hit his head on the door, too.

Lord Tenebrous
05-20-2002, 01:16 AM
It is sort of a case of ignoring the originals, which Lucas sometimes does. Funny how Hasbro re-used the Fett helmet and gets the dent right, but the costume department didn't reference.

There's a good Geonosis Jango picture in the Choices video at dvd.starwars.com. It shows the dent in the right place.

SQueek
05-20-2002, 01:02 PM
that dent does look like it could be from a door but its facing the wrong way, its vertical and from a door would be horizontally

and its a totally differnt dent from that of bobas, if they it is suppost to be the same one they did a horrible job on such an easy task

pthfnder89
05-20-2002, 01:49 PM
I really don't think he hit his head. And the dent doesn't match up to any possible dent that such an impact could have made anyway.

Vortex
05-20-2002, 01:55 PM
This is just me, but I went to the afternoon showing yesterday trying to piece this same question together...I personally think its when he's fighting Obi-wan in the rain, and when he's jet packing around and has Obi-wans wrists tied together and pulling him across the deck. Obi-wan wraps the cord around a column and hauls jango down and he lands on his head/ shoulder. When he's getting up you can sort of quickly see it. But I personally think this is when he gets that dent in his helmet.

Vortex
05-20-2002, 02:12 PM
Oh yea, as for the boba fett armor/jango armor. If you read the new essential guid, there's a big blurb about how boba decides to use Jared Mareal's (sp?) suit...and how Jared instructed his father...they try to tie in all the novels about boba fett and make it flow, but they are claiming that he doesn't use his fathers gear. Take it for what you will. To me some of feels forced and a little out of character, but they do have to tie all the stories and comics together some how.

Even in the comic open season, about how Jango became who he is, they start to show his connection to the Mandalor warriors and where he will eventually get his suit, and probably how he come to have boba's future suit.

Its odd that Jango gets a dent on the left side of his helmet, and boba has a blaster mark/hole on the left side. I guess like fater like son...

187-Maul
05-20-2002, 03:18 PM
and why would boba wear the same helmet as jango? would you take the head of your father out of a helmet just to wear it! not me

DarthChuckMc
05-20-2002, 03:27 PM
Boba also wears Jango's armor, but I don't think he pilfered all the pieces off Jango before he left Geonosis. I'm sure his armor is just similar to Jango's, and not the actual armor from the body, including the helmet. If you read any of the comics (I know, not canon), or the visual dictionary, it mentions Jango was "adopted" by the Mandolorians after he was abandoned as a child. They raised him, teaching him his bounty hunter skills and such. Maybe Boba hunts down the Mandolorians to finish his training, and receives his own armor from them.

Laserbrain
06-04-2002, 12:46 AM
I thought the dent was made by a shot deflected off of Mace's saber moments before Jango died, but this comes from someone with an observant eye who saw the movie more than once...

"The dent which we are supposed to be believe is the same dent as Boba's is the one Jango sustains on Geonosis after being hit and run over by the Reek. This dent is in about the right spot as Boba's on the left towards the front and we can only believe that Boba keeps the dent to honor his father Jango who fell to Mace Windu."

But he goes on to say this, which threw me!

"It should also explain the Padawan Braids that Boba carries in the later episodes."

This is suggesting that they're NOT wookee scalps!?!?! This is heavy! Something to look forward to in E3 perhaps?

BTW in due credit, I copied this from theforce.net.

LTBasker
06-04-2002, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
and why would boba wear the same helmet as jango? would you take the head of your father out of a helmet just to wear it! not me

Actually if you look closely, when the helmet is in flight you can see a blur streak across the screen from it moving at kinda the speed the saber dart was going, it was a brownish type of blur, which I'm guessing could've been Jango's head, which would be why it didn't fall out when Boba picked the helmet up.

Theforce.net doesn't really always have the correct news, I doubt Boba has padawan braids on him, never will anything drive me from believing they are wookiee scalps. :D

pthfnder89
06-04-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Actually if you look closely, when the helmet is in flight you can see a blur streak across the screen from it moving at kinda the speed the saber dart was going, it was a brownish type of blur, which I'm guessing could've been Jango's head, which would be why it didn't

I know exactly what blur you're talking about LTBasker. I noticed it too, but it seemed to small to be his head. When I watched it again this weekend I realized what it was though.

When Mace slices Jangos head off he also cuts off the very tip of the rocket from his jetpack, since it's right behind his neck. That is what goes flying. (It's just a small tip because this is the jetpack with the short, stubby missle, not the long missle that he fires on Kamino.)

The dent is definitely there when Jango is fighting Obi Wan on Kamino. I believe it happens when Jagno crashes into the wall, when Obi Wan wraps his cord around the pole to bring him down. It's only after that that the dent shows up.:)