PDA

View Full Version : Millennium Falcon Adventure - looks like a great set

JediTricks
05-18-2002, 07:37 PM
For those who didn't catch the SSG coverage of these, there is another Playskool set coming our way this fall based on the Millennium Falcon. It's a larger set that will require batteries, it's gonna retail for $25, and it'll have 4 figures - Han, Chewie, C-3PO, and a Stormtrooper.

SSG covered this set first at Toy Fair 2002 in New York this February: http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=29815&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5

and we also covered new views of this set a few weeks ago at the SW Celebration II:
http://systems.figures.com/gallery/album05

Personally, I this this is gonna be a great set, but I hope it's not the last one.

Dryanta
05-18-2002, 08:54 PM
I hunted all over to get the Nabbo fighter and X wing for my littlest's birthday tomorrow.No endor or stompin' wampa any where here yet.The Falcon is a must have for her.She's going to love all of them.I too hope this line just keeps going.Think of the possibilities!!!

wv-spacer
05-19-2002, 04:46 PM
Enterntainment Earths still lists this as a May item, although I too have heard about this as being for the fall.

Definitely something I am looking forward to... only one stormtrooper though.. drat.. We need an aftermarket source (like the Lego people have with www.bricklink.com) so that armies of droids and troopers can be amassed.

2-1B
05-20-2002, 04:27 AM
Cool pics!

$25 seems decent - JT, is that more of a suggested retail price? What I'm wondering is if some larger chains will actually offer it for around $20 ? :)

JediTricks
05-21-2002, 01:14 AM
Caesar, it is MSRP, but I won't turn my nose up at that. ;)

Spacer, that's an interesting idea. I think it'd be cool if Hasbro just sold a Scout Trooper/Stormtrooper multipack through the official SW fan club. Probably not in even numbers, but like 1 scout to 4 stormies.

Eternal Padawan
05-24-2002, 11:17 AM
So they've got nothing planned after the Falcon? Where's classic Leia and Luke? Ben Kenobi? TIE fighters? Landspeeders? Yoda? Jabba? Boba Fett?

I don't think they should go all out and produce every minor character like the regular Hasbro line does, but certainly the main players.

JediTricks
05-24-2002, 09:33 PM
Agreed!

Taro
05-25-2002, 01:24 AM
You should contact Hasbro's Consumer Affairs department and tell them that you like them and want more.

Eternal Padawan
05-25-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Taro
You should contact Hasbro's Consumer Affairs department and tell them that you like them and want more.

Hasbro's Consumer Affairs website regurgitates form e-mails to all incoming comments. Nobody actually reads those e-mails.

LTBasker
05-25-2002, 09:13 PM
Anyone else notice the Falcon looks like the POTF2 Falcon in the boxy detail, the type of paint used and the sort of bulkiness of it? Or it could just be me. :D I think it looks great though, I hope they continue the line.

I'd like to see them do Playsets like Endor or the Death Star. Definitely would like to see Boba or Jango with a Slave 1 set, that would be cool. :cool:

They especially should do the army builder packs, but maybe instead of 1 biker to 4 stormtroopers they should have 2 biker to 3 stormys, so if you want your troopers to be mostly Biker Scouts then they won't always be out majorly numbered by stormtroopers. ;)

They should also do a Gungan/Battle Droid, Clone Trooper/Battle Droid and Hoth Troopers/Snow Troopers pack. It'd be more fun to have in the snow. :happy:

Jangu Fett
05-27-2002, 08:35 PM
I would like to see jango's Slave-1 and Count Dooku's Solar Sailor. Slave-1 I think would have to be a larger set like the Falcon. My son really wants the Falcon, he already has the Naboo Fighter, X-Wing and Speeder Bike sets.

P.S. - That army builder sets are a great idea.