PDA

View Full Version : Dallas and surrounding areas

atomicmaniac
05-18-2002, 06:54 PM
Since I have seen a Dallas thread I thought I would start one. I found several Count Dookus and Yodas at the TRU at 75 and Park Ln. That was at 5:00 and I only bought one Dookua and no Yodas. The clerk was still unpacking cases when I left and had at least 3 cases of the assortment that contains Dooku. Come on Dallas collectors, help me out I NEED BESPIN LUKE/VADER.

atomicmaniac
05-18-2002, 07:02 PM
By the way, scalpers suck!!:mad:

atomicmaniac
05-19-2002, 10:25 PM
do they have Bespin Luke or Bespin Vader at the Walmart off 30 and Eastchase.

JangoFeet
05-22-2002, 08:26 AM
I work at the SuperTarget in Watauga. It's a bit far from Dallas, about 45 minutes, but we have lots of Bespin Lukes and Vaders. We seem to get in about 2 cases a week(or rougly 6-8 of each), if not more.

xboywonder
05-23-2002, 12:18 PM
Where exactly is Watauga ??

short4astormtrooper
05-23-2002, 09:08 PM
If you want Coll 1, Target seems to be the place, Soopa Target More specifically. On Monday they had Bespin wave at the Coit Rd. location.

If you want Coll 2, try walmart! I found Palpatine and Phur on wed. at Midway and 635, and another collector spotted them at Park Preston along with the rest of the Endor wave.
Happy Hunting!

atomicmaniac
05-26-2002, 06:32 PM
I found Bespin Luke, Bespin Vader, FB Jango and the new Mace at Kohls of all places. Yes, the clothing store. Tey hve a small toy section and I guess that nobody shops there for toys. Anyway, check it out but beware, they were $8.99

Adam
05-31-2002, 11:48 PM
I hate Kohls. 8.99? Blah.

In Plano Wal-Mart freakin sucks. All they have is figs realeased on 4/23, and MAYBE whatever wave came after that. So far, I've found the bespin set at kmart suprisingly, and I know Target had them because it had a lot of Maces. Someone snagged all the Luke and Vaders there though. Have been to the ToysRus on central but I should soon. Anyone in/near Plano found Dooku, Yoda, or HD Anakin? I swear to god, I've been everywhere except TRU and I can't find it.

short4astormtrooper
06-01-2002, 05:29 PM
Check Target, more specifically Soopa Target. They had Bespin Wave last Monday (one on Coit). It has been more than a week since I have seen a Dooku wave, although TRU at Walnut had them the weekend the Movie came out.

JediBoulton
06-03-2002, 02:54 PM
Hey guys -- thought I would put my two cents in .. I have not found ANYTHING since Count Dooku. I usually search Walmart off I30 and Beltline and also Target and Walmart in Rockwall. NOTHING. There is aa target off of 635 and Haskell that does not have anything at all -- just first wave peg warmers. Kohls is a bit high -- but they were the FIRST to put out the EPII figures in Rockwall -- 24hrs before they were supposed to be out. -- They also put those nasty price stickers on the front of the packages. Anyone with any ideas on where to get this stuff -- before I give up and get them online at a premium price ???

Adam
06-03-2002, 03:38 PM
Hey don't give up yet. The newer stuff should become more numerous after the early bird collectors have their fill, and the scalpers stop buyin them when they can't make enough off of them. Give it a few weeks or so.

atomicmaniac
06-03-2002, 05:11 PM
I PROMISE I will post within 1 hour of finding anything around DFW. I have not been looking as hard for the last 10 days (since I found Darth Vader and Luke). But I will be getting out more at night this week. PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM SCALPERS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

keith koth
06-04-2002, 12:07 PM
I have thoroughly covered all of the KBs, TRUs, Walmarts, Targets, Kmarts, Electronic Botiques, and Khols in the Plano/Richardson/McKinney/Allen/Frisco area throughout the past week. There is nothing new (at least not new to me). I found the Djas Phur wave at the Plano Walmart a few days ago, but I after I purchases 1 of each, there were none left...so that is hardly worth mentioning. I am still looking for the Luke Bespin wave (bloody hand only).

Let me know what you are looking for, and perhaps I can help you locate some of the things on your needs lists.

From now on, I will try to post my SIGNIFICANT findings within an hour or so of finding anything new.

JediBoulton
06-05-2002, 10:19 AM
Atomicmanic and Keith Koth -- thanks for the info -- I will also post all new finds as I get them. Maybe we can do some shopping for each other. I will be on the lookout for the Bloody Luke in my area -- If I see some extra - I will pick up a few extra. SCALPERS are LOSERS !!! -- By the way -- I did notice that KBTOYS had Qui-Gon and Endor solider online today for $5.99 -- not a bad price for the Endor solider !!!

pthfnder89
06-05-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by JediBoulton
Atomicmanic and Keith Koth -- thanks for the info -- I will also post all new finds as I get them. Maybe we can do some shopping for each other. I will be on the lookout for the Bloody Luke in my area -- If I see some extra - I will pick up a few extra. SCALPERS are LOSERS !!! -- By the way -- I did notice that KBTOYS had Qui-Gon and Endor solider online today for $5.99 -- not a bad price for the Endor solider !!!

REally? Which KB Toys? I've found several things there but last time I went the prices were still $7.99:rolleyes:

I'm glad someone started a Dallas thread finally. I hope we can help each other out. If anyone requests something in particular I'd be happy to buy extra if I find it.Let me know.

I am also looking for a Bespin Luke, preferably the bloody version but I want both kinds so either will do:)

keith koth
06-05-2002, 01:04 PM
I just saw 1 Luke Bespin (non bloody) at the KB at Collin Creek Mall in Plano. There was also 1 Mace Windu.

The Kmart at 15th street and 75 in Plano had 2 Jango Fett Final Battle (from the Luke Bespin wave).

I saw both of these between 12:15 an 12:30.

Hope this helps!

atomicmaniac
06-05-2002, 02:52 PM
I see Jango Fett Final Battle and the new Mace warming the pegs a Kohls every time I go, so I know they are putting that wave out. I only saw Luke and Vader once. Check out Zeus Comics on Oaklawn Ave in Dallas off I35. It is a comic book store but he sells ALL new figures for $5.99-$6.99 regardless of rarity and he will hold stuff for you when it comes in. It takes him a little longer to get things then Wal-mart or Target (usually 2 weeks) but he always gets it. They had the Boshek wave warming the pegs for 2 months.

Adam
06-06-2002, 12:32 AM
The Kmart on 15th had about SIX bloody lukes two weeks ago. Unfortunatly I didnt have any money so I couldn't get it... Couple days later they of course were all gone (As were the one Qui-Gon and Endor Soldier I saw). Luckily, I found Bloody Luke in the back of some older figures. So I guess it does pay to search through um sometimes.. Anyway I'll be sure to post if I see anything new in the Plano/Allen area if I see them.

Oh and keith. I'm lookin' fer Dooku, Yoda, HD Anakin, and Dexster. If you find them in the Plano area, would it be possible for you to snag them for me? And I'll of course pay you back. If not then just post it hear to let me(or us) know. Thanks!

keith koth
06-06-2002, 07:48 AM
Adam,

If I see any of those figures I will be glad to pick them up for you.

Do you open your figures, or keep them carded?

Does the condition of the card matter to you?

Are you looking for a Dexter with the background insert or will any Dexter be fine?

If you wouldn't mind, keep an eye out for a bloody Luke for me. Preferably on a Mint or Near Mint card. :crazed:

JediBoulton
06-06-2002, 10:22 AM
pthfnder89 -- www.kbtoys.com is where I found Qui-gon and Rebel for 5.99 -- after shipping and stuff -- they might be about $7.00 each -- but if you need several things -- its a good place to start.

I am also looking for the "bespin twins -- luke and darth" -- bloody would be great. If I find any -- I will pick up extras for those of you who want them.

Keith Koth -- Which Kohls did toy find Jango Final Battle and Mace at -- I still haven't found thoes either...

keith koth
06-06-2002, 11:17 AM
JediBoulton,

I have seen these at Khols is Plano (75 and Parker); however, they were gone last time I checked. I also saw them yesterday (Mace @ the collin creek mall KBtoys and Jango @ Kmart next door to the mall).

keith koth
06-06-2002, 01:02 PM
Adam,

My wife just calld me here at work and told me that the KB at collin creek mall in Plano had about 6 each of the Dooku, Yoda, and Anakin HD.

I will try to go after work (around 6:00 pm) to pick them up for you, but they may be gone by then, so you may want to see if you can pick them up yourself. LMK

Adam
06-06-2002, 02:21 PM
Wow, excellent. I may be able to go... well it'll be around 6 before i get I get there too. Oh well maybe they'll be there. Thanks keith!

Adam
06-06-2002, 02:28 PM
And as to your questions...

I mostly open, but in some cases I don't.

The card condition doesnt matter to me, just as long as the figure is good, and the insert card is good(where the barcode is) as I use it for display purposes.

Really any Dex would be fine, but a background insert would be cool.(That would be a case where I dont open...)

And I'll keep my eye open for that Bloody Luke for ya.

Adam
06-06-2002, 07:37 PM
Got um! Managed to find Dooku, Dexster and HD Anakin on the shelves, and got the last Yoda from the back! Thanks for the heads up keith!(Thanks to your wife too!)

short4astormtrooper
06-06-2002, 11:56 PM
Yesterday I found one Chewie (no Hans or Obis, or even Peg Lukes) at KB Valley View- the Collin Creek location had them as well (according to the PIC) but I missed them. I checked back today and the most interesting figure was Dooku.

Adam
06-07-2002, 12:41 PM
I didn't notice any of those at KB yesterday either :(....

skeksis
06-07-2002, 12:59 PM
If you are a scalper do not read!
Now that that is finished... Everyone, the best place to get figures in Dallas is in Corinth and Denton. There is a WalMart off of 35 and Swisher road that has had the latest figures meaning Palpatine and Djas Puhr and the WalMart off of 35 and Loop 388 foing toward McKinney. They have had some strange figures show up.. like I purchased 6 FF Ree Yees a few weeks ago for 1 dollar a piece. Now get going and save any new stuff for me.

JediBoulton
06-07-2002, 01:35 PM
Hey guys -- Am going hunting this weekend -- other than bloody luke is there anything that we need to consintrate on??

atomicmaniac
06-07-2002, 02:20 PM
Heh skeksis could you part with a Ree-Yees... just asking

Adam
06-07-2002, 02:45 PM
JediBoulton - I guess if you see the newest wave (Han, Chewie, ObiPilot) let us know.

JediBoulton
06-07-2002, 03:03 PM
Will do Adam-- UPDATE -- www.kbtoys.com has Count Dooku Dark Lord for $9.99 if anyone is missing one!

atomicmaniac
06-08-2002, 11:34 AM
Went to 4 Wal-marts last night, they did not realy have crap. Here's the break down:

I20 and Great South West in Grand Prarie: all commons, $4.77 on AOTC

I20 and Cooper in Arlington: Nothing

I30 adn Eastchase: Nothing but about eight 12" Darth Maul's w/ Sith speeders, if you still want need/want one. $4.77 on AOTC

I35 and Beltline in Cedar Hill: Nothing but about twelve 12" Luke with Yoda in the backpack, boxes in less-then-mint condition.

I will post with anything new.

Adam
06-08-2002, 03:07 PM
Thanks AM. If anyone wants the new twelve inch Clone trooper pilot (KB exclusive), the KB in Collin Creek mall had at least one when I was there on thurs..

dingodad
06-08-2002, 10:09 PM
Hello fellow DFWers. I live in Arlington and I found a darth and a fett at the kb in the parks mall. I also found 2 battle waggons at the toy works at lincoln square. The Eastchase stores rarely have anything but the TRU has been getting in older products lately since they are closing. By the way, anyone got an extra Wuhur?

Adam
06-09-2002, 02:15 PM
Hey, does that TRU have a Royal Starship from Ep1 by any chance?...

dingodad
06-09-2002, 04:02 PM
No starships there but i'll keep my eyes open. Were any of you guys at the scifi convention last month?

dingodad
06-09-2002, 04:03 PM
the one in Plano that is.

Adam
06-09-2002, 05:34 PM
That convention centre where they hold the expo, is like 2 miles away from me! I haven't gone in a couple years. Last time I went though I really stocked up on stuff I was missin'. I can't tell ya for sure, but they usually have good prices on figures MOMC. Check it out one time, its a pretty cool experience.

Adam
06-09-2002, 05:45 PM
You got me thinking about the expo so I checked the webpage. There's some kind of Customer Appreciation/Celebration thing going on the 30th of June, with free addmission. I'm not sure if this is going to be the same type of convention like the one a few weeks ago, but I'll let everyone know in case they want to go.

keith koth
06-09-2002, 06:48 PM
I regularly attend the scifi expo in Plano. I attended the last customer appreciation day about 3 months ago. They have the free show in their smaller conference hall, which holds approximately 20-25 vendors. It is not real big, but there will probably some good deals to be found. I would attend it if you are in the area, as you never know what you may find.

Adam
06-10-2002, 12:31 AM
Sounds good.. I think I will go, it been far too long since i have

JediBoulton
06-10-2002, 08:31 AM
Welcome Dingodad -- In answer to your question -- I went to the Sci Fi Expo last month with Jango Fett and Darth Maul -- it was great. Read the tread under conventions and I tell a little about my experience there.

Others -- here are my updates from the weekend:

Target @ 635 and Centerville -- Nothing -- figures are $4.99.

Target on NW HWY near 75 Central -- Found ONE new NEXU -- he is cool, makes sounds on his tummy. You can open his jaws and press his tounge and he makes a battle sound then snaps his jaws shut (did not open -- that is just what it says).

TRU near Town East Mall -- Exclusive Mace Windu 12" figure.

Target across the street -- Nothing.

KBtoys near the Best Buy across from Town East Mall -- Found my Mace Windu on Sunday. Found out that they put out their shipments on Saturday morning -- They has put out the Chewbacca wave (heads up ADAM) but they were all out by Sunday 12:00. This might be a good location to work with. The Manager said that he put all the new figures tothe back of the pegs so SCALPERS wouldn't have a chance to hord them all.

The Walmart in Rockwall, Greenville, and the one off I-30 and Beltline dont have anything. The one in Rockwall is controlled by a Scalper -- I have delt with this little SOB before, JERK!!

Other than that -- I only made it home with a NEXU and a Mace -- so much for my weekend :(

Hope you all had a better weekend.

BTW -- Maybe we can get a group of us to meet at the Customer Appreciation Day in Plano on the 30th. This would be a great place to hang out for a bit -- any ideas ???

Adam
06-10-2002, 10:08 AM
Hey, sounds like a good idea.

keith koth
06-10-2002, 10:12 AM
My wife and I are up for some sort of meeting at the June 30th scifi expo. It would be nice to put faces with all of the names.

JediBoulton
06-10-2002, 11:07 AM
Sweet -- we can set a time and a meeting place later in the week. ALSO -- I CALL FIRST DIBS ON ALL NEW TOYS !!! -- HAHAHA

atomicmaniac
06-10-2002, 02:51 PM
My wife and I would absolutly be in for a meeting at the Plano show.

Adam
06-10-2002, 03:14 PM
I think there will plenty to go around JB :crazed:

JediBoulton
06-11-2002, 08:06 AM
Very true Adam -- I think meeting would be a great idea. Lets set something up in a couple of weeks..

dingodad
06-11-2002, 05:54 PM
Is there any older merchandise that anyone is looking for so maybe we can set up some swaps there? I usually have a table at the shows but I didnt get one this time. Chances are that you guys have probably bought stuff from me in the past there.

JediBoulton
06-12-2002, 08:16 AM
Yea !! I am looking for some of the more rare FF figures. I also would like to get a Theater Luke. I have several extra POTF figures and some extra red carded figures. Got an extra R2-D2, Boba Fett, and Chewbacca that are signed also...I might load up the truck with some extras...

JediBoulton
06-12-2002, 08:35 AM
BTW -- I am heading out to ST. Louis today. I will look for some figures out there if I get a chance. I agree scalping is bad -- but if you do it in a state that you are not from, doesn't that make it ok??

Adam
06-12-2002, 12:52 PM
Scalping, is scaping, is scalping.

JediBoulton
06-12-2002, 08:29 PM
ok, Adam -- your right. Couldn't help myself. I am here in St. Louis now and havent found time to get out to any stores. Will try tomorrow...

Adam
06-12-2002, 10:50 PM
Roger, roger.

JediCole
06-13-2002, 10:58 PM
It is nice to see a DFW collecting group forming. Dingodad (formerly Bubba Fatt), Sith Worm, and I tried to get this going a long time ago, but got no responses.
Mrs. JediCole and I will be at the next three Sci-Fi Expos and hope to meet a lot of the Sir Steve's local crowd.

Adam
06-14-2002, 12:13 AM
We should set up a time and meeting place for the fan appreciation con on the 30th.

JediCole
06-14-2002, 09:02 AM
I agree with Adam. Mrs. JediCole and I will be there all day, as will Sith Worm almost certainly. Dingodad will probably be in attendence as well.
If anyone out there has found a Dejas Puhr and has an extra, but has NOT found Orn Free Ta, please feel free to stop by my table for a trade! Mrs. JediCole found a few of the big blue senator, but we have as yet not found a Dejas for my collection.

Adam
06-14-2002, 02:48 PM
Where is your table going to be?

JediCole
06-15-2002, 12:43 PM
Adam, I wish I could tell you where. In general, I have no idea where my table will be until I get there. I have been considering buying one of those tanks of helium they sell at Target and Party Warehouse and such and using it to inflate a few of the bright red Star Wars baloons I bougt about a year ago. That way I could tell people where to find us.
However, we are usually easy to distinguish from other dealers as we usually have two to three tables (two at the upcoming show) with two sections of peg board flanked by sets of dark gray shelves behind us. We will have close to 50 loose 12" Star Wars figures, about 100 plus carded and 100 plus loose Star Wars figures, plus loose Simpsons, and a variety of statues on the table.
Also, for those who know the sad tale of February 1, 2002, I still wear my big "Roy Orbeson" sunglasses (due to the eye injury sustained back then, one that will soon be permanantly corrected).
If you are still in doubt, look for the big plastic bin on wheels full of loose figures in clear plastic bags under the table. Each bag has a card on it which proudly proclaims that it is "Another Find JediCole Loose Figure". Though we have now become a business (A Piece of the Action Collectibles), I have not had a chance to produce new cards!
I look forward to meeting as many SirSteves guide folks as possible on the 30th. SithWorm and I will be promoting our upcoming comic book series and (as previously suggested), Dingodad will be there too, undoubtedly hanging around with SithWorm, Mrs. JediCole and myself.
If you can't make the June 30th show (which is free admission by the way), check out www.scifiexpo.com for their next two 2002 show dates.

Adam
06-15-2002, 04:57 PM
Great, I'll be sure to look for you then.

JediCole
06-15-2002, 11:08 PM
I look forward to meeting you. And I hope a lot of us can make it there. I have long contended that we need to have a local group with regular or semi-regular get-togethers.
This next show is only one day, so I will be having to set up and break down on the same day. However, the bigger show in August will allow for us to set up on Friday, meaning that when the doors close to the public on Saturday, Mrs. JediCole and I will be going out for our traditional after-show dinner. We discussed with Dingodad earlier today the possiblity of having an open invitation to all Sir Steve's Guide folks in attendance for the whole day (or at least until the end of the day) that Saturday to join us. I think it would be great to have a big group all talking Star Wars and collecting and making everyone else in whatever restraunt we visit very uncomfortable!
I will probably post something about that plan in a couple of months with more details.

dingodad
06-15-2002, 11:11 PM
What, besides Star Wars, do you guys collect? I myself collect Indiana Jones items and I have a few Simpsons figures also. I am looking for a few GI Joes, a Wuhur, and an Oola 2 pack. We should all make lists of what we need so maybe we can do some trades at the show. Tell me what you want..what you really really want.

Adam
06-16-2002, 01:25 AM
I have an Oola two pack that I don't need. :D

JediBoulton
06-16-2002, 02:38 PM
Howdy guys ... I'm back from St. Louis !! First off dingodod -- great reference to "spice girls -- hahaha". All I found at St. Louis was the new Anakin and Geonosian warrior two pack. It looks great! As I made my way back to Dallas -- my local wal-mart decided to stock alot of new SW figures -- they have Orn Free Ta, Rebel Trooper (beard only), Qui-qon, Vader, Luke (no blood), massif with geonosian warrior, Final battle Jango, and Mace Windu. There are no Palpatines, obiwans, chewy's. I guess everyone already has these but if you need something -- let me know :)

Look forward to the 30th -- I will look forward to meeting all of you.

pthfnder89
06-18-2002, 03:38 PM
Howdy guys ... I'm back from St. Louis !! First off dingodod -- great reference to "spice girls -- hahaha". All I found at St. Louis was the new Anakin and Geonosian warrior two pack. It looks great! As I made my way back to Dallas -- my local wal-mart decided to stock alot of new SW figures -- they have Orn Free Ta, Rebel Trooper (beard only), Qui-qon, Vader, Luke (no blood), massif with geonosian warrior, Final battle Jango, and Mace Windu. There are no Palpatines, obiwans, chewy's. I guess everyone already has these but if you need something -- let me know :)

Look forward to the 30th -- I will look forward to meeting all of you.

I just got back yesterday from a trip up north also JediBoutan. Went to pick up my gf from Chicago (long horrible drive:() But the upside was I FINALLY found a few Bespin Lukes up there!

Of course, I went by Wal-Mart last night at Nidway and LBJ and they had about 30 of them :rolleyes: Is this your local Wal-Mart?

pthfnder89
06-18-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by JediCole

I look forward to meeting as many SirSteves guide folks as possible on the 30th. SithWorm and I will be promoting our upcoming comic book series and (as previously suggested), Dingodad will be there too, undoubtedly hanging around with SithWorm, Mrs. JediCole and myself.
If you can't make the June 30th show (which is free admission by the way), check out www.scifiexpo.com for their next two 2002 show dates.

JediCole - I'm looking forward to being there. I've been to pretty much every SciFi Expo since the begining but I don't really have any collcting friends in the area so this would be nice. :)

Adam
06-18-2002, 05:41 PM
Has anyone found any of the Orn Free Ta, Palpatine, and PilotWan-Chewie-Han waves yet?

dingodad
06-18-2002, 09:53 PM
i see orn free at walmarts from time to time. like the one at redbird or mansfield.

JediBoulton
06-18-2002, 10:20 PM
I have seen the orn free ta figure at my wallmart (I30 and ridge road -- Rockwall) I have not seen the other figures -- but I am looking for them--i will let all of you know.

dingodad
06-19-2002, 09:37 PM
what do you want fror oola Adam?

atomicmaniac
06-19-2002, 10:05 PM
I saw a ton of Bespin Vader and Bespin Luke (no blood) at the Walmart at Eastchase & I30. They also had alot of the Rebel Trooper with the beard. Also, Orn Fre Ta and Massiff. Plenty of all the above mentioned figures when I was there about an hour ago. Has anybody seen Djas Puhr or Chewie?

Adam
06-20-2002, 03:11 AM
I dunno dingo.. I am missing almost the last set of potj figures, and those are the only things im looking for right now. Ill make a list of things I still need.

short4astormtrooper
06-20-2002, 09:07 PM
I have seen Palpatine all of once at Wal-Mart. I have only seen chewie once (KB)and only have Han because I picked him up in Arkansas (these toy runs are hell on the van!) The only Obi-Wan JSP I have seen was the one my son got for his b-day.

atomicmaniac
06-23-2002, 04:00 AM
back to the top

Adam
06-23-2002, 04:24 PM
I don't suppose anyone will be heading to a Disney resort anytime soon...

atomicmaniac
06-23-2002, 06:02 PM
Well, I won't be heading to Disney World/Land anytime soon but I saw several 12" Ultimate Jango Fetts at the TRU in Arlington on Cooper about 1 hour ago.

JediCole
06-23-2002, 09:11 PM
Well, the big day approaches! I have yet to find Dejas, and would trade an Orn Free Ta if anyone is interested. Or another figure that eludes someone out there, like Teebo.

Regardless, I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible. I just got in a short comic book spinner rack which will be a very obvious fixture on one of our tables, so I will be easier to spot than ever. Hopefully we can get a regular group going and meet at all of the Plano shows.

JediCole
06-25-2002, 11:52 PM
DingoDad was goodly enough to find a Dejas and a Chewie for me, however, I know SithWorm will want them too, so the above offer still stands for trades.
The day is fast approaching. Who all will be there on Sunday? Sound off here!

Adam
06-26-2002, 12:39 AM
I should be there, can't think of a reason I wouldn't be.

keith koth
06-26-2002, 07:57 AM
I will be there!

JediBoulton
06-26-2002, 08:12 AM
Count me in also -- I still haven't found Dejas, Han Solo, Obiwan Pilot, Chewy, or Senator Palpatine -- but I am still looking:)

Adam
06-26-2002, 12:25 PM
I bet there will be some at the con.. for a price though. :(

dingodad
06-26-2002, 05:01 PM
I will be there..i'll be the one wearing the shirt.

dingodad
06-26-2002, 05:06 PM
Check your K.B.s before the show as they have been getting in some of the newer figures. I found Dejas Pur, pilot ob1,chewy, han, palpy,luke, darth, at the K.B at the mall at 820 & precinct or pipeline

Adam
06-26-2002, 05:24 PM
Too bad theres no KB where I'm getting my hair cut tonight.. ah well. Theres a Target and I think they have some Nexus and deluxe Anakins. The Target in Allen had them last week for sure.

short4astormtrooper
06-26-2002, 06:58 PM
Wal-Mart at 635 and Midpark had about 8 palpatines this morning, but that was this morning

JediBoulton
06-27-2002, 03:58 PM
JEDICOLE -- I just found TEEBO on swfan.wizards.com website for $5.99 -- they also have some rather neat ATOC T-Shirts for sale too...FYI :)

pthfnder89
06-28-2002, 02:07 PM
I plan to be there. I'll pretty much only be coming to meet you all though. My car just got towed the other day and I had to spend $130 to get it back. Which means I am now totally and completely broke:(

Adam
06-28-2002, 05:51 PM
Jedicole, when does the con start? I can't find a time on the website.

short4astormtrooper
06-28-2002, 09:58 PM
The sci-fi expo starts at 10 a.m. according to the card I got in the mail. Free admission? I'm there!

By the way, I found the Acklay at wal-mart this morning (75/midpark) There were only two and I bought 1 of them.

JediCole
06-29-2002, 09:54 AM
I am pleased to hear that the Acklay is finally shipping. I really want to get one of those. How does it look out of the package?
Also, if anyone has stumbled upon a Nexu, I could use one, I loves the beasties!

Adam
06-29-2002, 11:35 AM
There might be some left at the Target in Allen. I'll go pick one up for you if I can make it over there, but I don't think I'll be able to.

keith koth
06-29-2002, 01:45 PM
Should we set a time to meet? 10 a.m. is fine with me, but perhaps we should make it a little later so those people who live on the other side of Dallas have time to make it to the show without having to get up at the crack of dawn.

What does everyone else think? just throw out a time and we will see if we all can't find a time that agrees with us all, or at least the majority of us.

JediBoulton
06-29-2002, 04:50 PM
between 11:00 and Noon would be fine for me...I was going to see if I could find Jedi Coles table and start from there -- Im Easy:)

pthfnder89
06-29-2002, 07:00 PM
I'm gonna try to get there by 10am but I certainly don't mind hanging around a while.:)

short4astormtrooper
06-29-2002, 07:55 PM
I am pleased to hear that the Acklay is finally shipping. I really want to get one of those. How does it look out of the package?

Haven't opened it- my son has to pay me back with his allowance before he can open it, and he has to earn that first!

Also, if anyone has stumbled upon a Nexu, I could use one, I loves the beasties!

Soopa Target at Skillman/Abrams had it this morning, with the $7.50 sale sign, although I failed to scan it to see if it was still that amount in the computer

Sith Worm
06-30-2002, 08:16 AM
Hello boys good to finally see that Dallas people are meeting up on here i will be there as well ,hope to run into you all...

melmo1973
07-01-2002, 09:48 AM
Hey , I'm new to the forums and just wanted to start in on spreading any information on Dallas area finds. I'm glad to see that someone has started this because it's very helpful and time saving. Now that I've gotten that out of the way I just wanted to let you all know that I found about fifteen of the Ultimate Jango Fetts at Walmart on MacArther and 635 in Irving this morning. Almost all were mint condition.

atomicmaniac
07-01-2002, 05:10 PM
If anybody still needs a Count Dooku you can get one at Zeus Comics on Oak Lawn Ave right after the Oak Lawn/Lemmon intersection.

JediCole
07-01-2002, 07:21 PM
Hello again to all from the Dallas area! The Fan Appreciation Day by the Sci-Fi Expo has come and gone. Mrs. JediCole and I had a great day there and it was fun to meet at least a couple of Sir Steve's Guide folks. I hope a lot of you who were in attendence got to meet each other. I enjoyed meeting and talking to a couple of people, one of whom I already knew from the shows, but not as a poster to this site. I hope that the SciFi Expo will become a meeting place for the local Sir Steve's crowd. I am considering writing the show promoters to suggest that they promote the Sir Steve's Guide fan base and perhaps work a standard get-together into their programing. If anyone thinks this is a good idea, let me know.

Adam
07-02-2002, 01:46 PM
And a good time was had by all. It was great meeting you and dingodad. A regular get-together at the expo sounds like a good idea to me.

atomicmaniac
07-08-2002, 08:39 AM
Found Cloud City Chewbacca, Endor Han and Pilot Obi-Wan at the Cooper St TRU in Arlington. That was at 2:00 PM on Sunday. (sorry about the delay, I've had problems w/ my internet connection.)

JediCole
07-12-2002, 03:57 PM
Hello all DFW area collectors!
Sith Worm reported yesterday having found Dejas, Chewbacca, Han, Obi-Wan, Tempto, Qui-Gon, Palpatine, Nexu, Ki-Adi Mundi, Dlx. Anakin, and others at the Wal-Mart in Burleson.
Later the same day I checked out the Wal-Mart on Eastchase Blvd. in Arlington. As with the store in Burleson, the formerly near empty pegs were now stocked to the tips, with additional figures relegated to lower shelves. Dejas, Palpatine, Han, Chewie, and Obi-Wan, as well as Nexus and Anakins were in abundance. Many Count Dooku, Masiff, Hangar Duel Anakin, and Yoda could also be found!
If anyone not in the DFW area needs anything I would be happy to pick some up for cost plus shipping (quantities within reason) if the supply holds out over the weekend.
This is an unprecidented bumper crop for us here in the DFW area, accustomed as we are to being the last to get the new figures!
Also, many TRU's in the Arlington/Fort Worth area still have Imperial Officer, Rebel Trooper, Royal Decoy Amidala, Zutton, and FX-7 on open shelves. I believe they have reduced the prices to match those of the new "blue cards".

Adam
07-12-2002, 04:21 PM
The Target in Allen also had many Han Solos, and across the street GAME STOP of all places had Several Chewies, Hans, Dookus, and one each of ObiPilot and hanger duel Anakin.

dingodad
07-12-2002, 08:19 PM
does ne1 know anything about the variant on Han? i have found him with both a white and a silver droid caller. i opened one with the silver caller and the "action" is very lame the 2 out of 10 times i got it to work. my 3po also is missing a foot. ne1 elses have both feet?

Adam
07-13-2002, 08:47 AM
Once I get that Chewie I'll let you know. :D

JediBoulton
07-13-2002, 01:24 PM
I just found all the latest figures at Wal-mart at I-30 in Rockwall. I did not see a Ki Adi Mundi :( -- dingodad -- I was going to get an extra chewy -- but it looked like all the parts -- xcept the head were all attached in a big heap -- i didnt see how they would all connect -- do they? - Someone in this guide mentioned thatthe solo with the white droid caller was the more rare version. The only one i opened was obi wan pilot .. great figure!! visor is going to get lost though - very tiny!!

JediBoulton
07-14-2002, 08:25 PM
hELLO GANG -- I just got back from wal-mart and I found two Teemto Pagalies--still no ki-adi-mundi, amidala courscant, darth maul, ephant man, or anakin tatoonie attack. Are these even out yet ?? I will trade my extra Teemto for one of these newest five..if interested. Any new finds out there??

dingodad
07-14-2002, 11:14 PM
the 3p0 is just one big heap with the head and torso seperate pieces. mine does not have one of the feet though. do we have a listing in the collector club thread?

JediCole
07-19-2002, 05:13 PM
There goes Dingodad again, on about the C-3PO that comes with Chewie!

Anyway, the REAL reason for this post, as this thread became a precursor to many of us meeting at the last Sci-Fi Expo is to pass on a recent annoucement.

Mrs. JediCole informed me today that the Sci-Fi Expo site (www.scifiexpo.com) has released the big news. Yes, it is true...

CARRIE FISHER IS COMING TO THE SCI-FI EXPO!

As long as this is not another of those infamous Sci-Fi Expo "bait and switch" situations (many may recall that Carrie Fisher was supposed to appear at the MARCH Sci-Fi Expo).

Well, there you have it. I hope to see a lot of the local Sir Steves Guide folks there!

Adam
07-20-2002, 03:16 PM
Whoa. I may have to get one of those "job" thingama-jiggers so I can go to this..

melmo1973
07-23-2002, 04:37 PM
anybody come across the toys r us x-wing or landspeeder ? i haven'nt hit the stores much lately and just wanted to know if these had hit in the dallas area.

keith koth
07-24-2002, 04:12 PM
I have not posted in a while, so I thought I would come here to state the obvious...there is nothing new to be found in the Dallas area, at least from my experiences over the past few weeks.

The Chewie/Han/Obi-Wan wave and the Djas Phur/Plapatine wave, seem to be in pretty good supply now.

I have not seen the Ki-Adi-Mundi/Teemto Pagalies or the Maul/Anakin waves yet. Nor have I seen the TRU exclusive landspeeded or X-wing(both of which are now rumored to be out on the shelves).

No sign of the Target exclusive Accessory Sets...weren't they suppose to hit the shelves in early July?

None the less, If I find anything new...then you will hear about it here first (usually within an hour of finding it).

Everybody keep up the efforts, as alot of new stuff should be headed our way shortly.

BTW, if you are looking for the 12" Ultimate Jango Fett, then you may want to try the KB Toy Store at the Collin Creek Mall...they had 3 of them this afternoon when I went by on my lunch break.

JediCole
07-25-2002, 12:55 PM
As far as Dallas/Fort Worth goes, we had a boom, now nothing much. However, SithWorm found Tempto in Burleson and I've heard reports of him turning up in Irving as well.
DingoDad told me last night that he had seen the new X-Wing (presumable in Arlington, Fort Worth, or the surrounding area).
Personally I have not "hit the stores" in over a week, so I'm not help at all.

JediBoulton
07-25-2002, 01:30 PM
UPDATE !! I just got two new X-wings from TRU at I-30 and Walnut Drive. They have two left -- call 214-363-3192 and have them hold one for you -- thats what I did. Good Hunting !!!

keith koth
07-25-2002, 04:10 PM
I just left the TRU in plano at Parker & 75. They had 1 exclusive X-Wing with R2-D2 but it had some minor dents and discoloration on the display window, so I passed on it. So, if you open your ships then you may want to hurry over there and pick it up.

They also have a whole case of the Bo Shek/Teebo/R4-M9 wave if anyone still needs those figures.

This was around 3:30 pm when I saw them...so if you hurry they may still be there.

Adam
07-25-2002, 07:24 PM
Hey guys.. spotted the Micro Machines collections that just came out at the Target in Allen on Central. Hopefully the accessory packs aren't too far behind.

JediBoulton
07-26-2002, 08:12 AM
New X-Wing is SWEET !! -- It's huge -- Finally! True, there are no electronics on this thing -- but the size and the removable R2 unit makes up for everyhing. HASBRO -- you did GOOD!!

JediBoulton
07-31-2002, 04:42 PM
WOW -- seems like nobody is finding anything lately. I just found the new Micro Machines at the TARGET off I75 and Haskell. They also had the accessory pack figures pegs-- but were all sold out. Expected to restock tonight or Friday. I also came across the new Delux Mace Windu with the RED droid. Damn thing was already torn and opened -- so I left it there. Maybe next time...
Keep those reports comming in guys!!!

Adam
08-01-2002, 03:43 PM
Do you remember what the accessory packs were marked at?

dingodad
08-02-2002, 10:35 PM
i saw the hoth and droid sets at eastchase and 30 yesterday for $10 each. i want the other 2 myself

JediBoulton
08-07-2002, 09:57 AM
Still hav not found anything new -- No Ki-Adi-Munda, no packs, no mauls, no nothing. -- I will still keep posting...

Adam
08-07-2002, 02:12 PM
It's a barren wasteland here... although I did see the accessory set's pegs there weren't any there..

JediBoulton
08-14-2002, 12:32 PM
Well ,here is a little update. The Wal-Mart In Rockwall has the new Acklay and a few more 12" Jango Fett's -- no new figures.

The Target in Rockwall has the accessory packs, but are now sold out. Still trying to find out when these guys stock their stuff.

Still no Ki-Adi-Mundi, Anakin Tatoonie Attack, 3PO and droid 2 pack, or any other figures...

JediBoulton
08-15-2002, 11:57 AM
UPDATE .. I just went to Target at 75 & Haskell and picked up the following:

Yoda with force power (Super Battle Droid 2 pack)
C-3P0 with Battle droid 2 pack
Arena Battle Pack
Endor Victory Pack

They also had the Hoth and Death star packs -- but I did not get
them. Already had all the parts in both of them.

Still looking for Ki-Adi-Mundi, Anakin, Maul, ect...

Adam
08-15-2002, 02:25 PM
Anakin and Maul spotted at the Target in Allen! Right when I saw TA Anakin another guy did and he snatched it up before I could. Luckily Maul was behind it and I snatched him! Also there was the hoth set, and the C3po deluxe.

JediCole
08-15-2002, 09:54 PM
Well, it has almost become a tradition with the SciFi Expo, the infamous "bait and switch"! I am sad to have to report that:

Carrie Fisher will NOT be at the Sci Fi Expo in August!

Well, at least they were goodly enough to present an explanation. Due to some other concern coming up, Carrie Fishier would only be able to appear on one of the two days of the show. As she will be available the weekend of the October show, she and the promoter felt it would be only fair to postpone her appearance rather than slight all of those who attend on Saturday only and would miss her appearance. The actress/model who played Alya Secura and the actress who voice Taun We will be the Star Wars guests. And since he lives less than an hour away from Plano, Texas where the Sci-Fi Expo is held, you can almost count on Sith Worm's bud, Peter Mayhew to be in attendence, though this has not yet been announced.

But JediCole and Mrs. JediCole (a.k.a. Alexander Troche and Margay Madcat, along with our good friends DingoDad and Sith Worm (a.k.a., Bubba Spud and "Frog") will be in attendance. And due to a little clever wrangling, DingoDad will be set up at his meager table right next to the JediCole empire, A Piece of the Action Collectibles. Be sure to drop by and say hello.

Now, in the "what's new" arena, Sith Worm found Tempto and Ki-Adi-Mundi in Burleson, yet Darth Maul, Ephant Mon, and other, newer releases have yet to surface. But Obi-Wan, Han, Chewie, Dejas, and a few others seem to have arrived en masse! Anyone in the DFW area had any luck finding the new guys? Also, has anyone seen the Acklay? I bought one at the last toy show and wound up giving it to a friend's son! I have never seen one in the stores and really need to come by one for my personal collection.

Adam
08-16-2002, 12:32 AM
Now, in the "what's new" arena, Sith Worm found Tempto and Ki-Adi-Mundi in Burleson, yet Darth Maul, Ephant Mon, and other, newer releases have yet to surface.

I guess you missed my above post.. TA Anakin and Darth Maul SA HAVE surfaced. There was only one of each and I only got Maul because I grabbed it before the other guy did. :( :D

JediBoulton
08-16-2002, 04:00 AM
Jedicole -- I ahve found the ACklay in Rockwall, TX. There were about 5 still on the shelves. I am sure that there will be some at the show in a few weeks...

JediCole
08-16-2002, 12:05 PM
JediBoulton,
On who's shelves in Rockwall are you finding the ellusive Acklay? Target, TRU, K-Mart, Wal-Mart? Knowing this would give me an idea of where to concentrate my pre-show search.
Thank you,
Cole
JediCole

pthfnder89
08-16-2002, 01:51 PM
JediBoulton,
On who's shelves in Rockwall are you finding the ellusive Acklay? Target, TRU, K-Mart, Wal-Mart? Knowing this would give me an idea of where to concentrate my pre-show search.
Thank you,
Cole
JediCole

I haven't managed to find a single Acklay anywhere around me. Just about every Target I go to has all four accessory packs in stock, and I picked up the Deluxe Yoda and Threepio today, but I haven't seen any new basic figures past the Han Endor wave, not even the Puhj and Palpatine.

If anyone is still searching for the Deluxe Threepio, they have 3-4 at Target on Monfort and 635 (next to the Galleria Mall) but I picked up the last Yoda they had (and his card was pretty trashed:()

Has anyone seen the 25th Anniverssary Landspeeder yet?

JediBoulton
08-19-2002, 08:25 AM
JediCole -- Sorry for the confussion.. Walmart in Rockwall has the Acklay. Last night, they had about eight left. They also had some of the action fleet as well (Vaders Tie Fighter, X wing, Falcon). I also picked up the 25th landspeeder at the TRU in Mesquite yesterday. They had 7 left and were expecting more throught the week. Its not as impressive as I thought it was going to be -- but it is kool. There is more room on the back for the droids -- but no way to keep them in place. The engine does not open anymore -- but overall -- it looks good sitting on the desk.

pthfnder89
08-19-2002, 08:52 AM
I also picked up the 25th landspeeder at the TRU in Mesquite yesterday. They had 7 left and were expecting more throught the week. Its not as impressive as I thought it was going to be -- but it is kool. There is more room on the back for the droids -- but no way to keep them in place. The engine does not open anymore -- but overall -- it looks good sitting on the desk.

That's good to know. It's funny; there's not really anything that I'm really excited about right now, except for the Republic Gunship. I'm not really drooling for any of the other new figures or vehicles.

I guess the last thing I was REALLY waiting for was the accessory packs, especially the Endor and Arena sets. Now I have them and I'm just sort of hangin out, waiting for the Gunship.

JediBoulton
08-19-2002, 12:39 PM
I agree pthfnder89 -- The Gunship is on my list as well. I am getting married in January so my "collecting" funds have gone down a bunch. Thank God my wife enjoys SW as much as I do--I hope.

JediBoulton
08-19-2002, 01:04 PM
If I need to pick up some ACKLAY tonight -- let me know -- I plan on beeing at the Convention this weekend -- We can do some exchanging then -- I will check this post until 17:00 and I will get what I can -- if anyone is interested...and If Wal-Mart still has the extra.

JediBoulton
08-20-2002, 08:57 AM
I picked up an ACKLAY last night -- they had 4 left. This thing is cool. Its kinda hard to pose, but I didn't really try much -- It looks like the best creature put out so far -- the guts are GREAT!!

JediBoulton
08-20-2002, 03:08 PM
Target at 635 and Haskell just received a shipment of Anakin Attack and Darth Maul figures..This was about 14:20. FYI...

JediCole
08-20-2002, 03:10 PM
Hey JediBoulton,
Thanks for the info, I made the trek out to Rockwall to get the Acklay back in my collection.
I breezed right past the Star Wars section, but soon found it and there were five or six Acklays on hand, exactly five or six more than I've ever seen on store shelves ANYWHERE!

JediBoulton
08-20-2002, 05:00 PM
CONGRATS JEDICOLE --

Now if you find an easy way to display the sucker -- let me know -- haha

JediCole
08-20-2002, 11:53 PM
Well, I got mine out and played around with it for a while, trying to come up with the best solution to just that issue, even before I saw your post! Anyway, the curvature of the neck inspired me to work the legs in such a way as to have the tail pointed down and the chest upward. By positoining the legs to allow for this pose, the beastie can be posed on just five legs with one claw held up for the death strike. It makes a dynamic pose for display, though it is still a big space consumer!

JediBoulton
08-21-2002, 08:43 AM
Same here, I have almost made the big guy sit down while waving that piece of the Geonosian Warrior in the air. Once the Arena Playset comes out, we will have the ability to create some cool scenes...

JediCole
08-21-2002, 05:28 PM
Good point, Boulton, or at least you and others will have such an ability. JediCole has little room for playsets. It is hard enough to find room for the now hundreds of figures in my collection which comprises over 20 years of collecting (starting with the Early Bird Set at age 12)!

I also wanted to help keep this thread floating to the top as it served in the recent past as a kind of call to all Dallas/Fort Worth area Sir Steve's members to gather at the Sci-Fi Expo and Toy Show in Plano! I hope many of you will head out there this weekend (August 24-25) and stop by mine and DingoDad's tables. Mrs. JediCole will be there helping me wrangle about 500 different Star Wars, Simpsons, Ray Harryhausen monsters, super-hero, anime, Star Trek, comic, movie, and TV related books, comics, toys, statues, and other collectibles.

Also for you DFW collector types, there will be a comic and toy show of some kind (presumably with no guests) in Cleburne, Texas (not terribly far from Fort Worth) two weeks after the above show in Plano. It is Saturday, September 7 at the Cleburne Civic Center (I believe, details are supposed to be sent my way next week). It is a FREE ADMISSION show which will probalby consist of just dealers, but hey, it's free!

And if you can't make it out to the show this weekend, be sure to mark your calendar for the big show October 12-13, 2002. Carrie Fisher will be amoung the guests so the place will be packed! And since October 12th just happens to be my birthday, and the official start up date of Mrs. JediCole and my company, A Piece of the Action Collectibles, we will be celebrating at our tables that day with free cookies, prize drawings, and other surprises yet to be determined.

JediBoulton
08-22-2002, 07:56 AM
I look forward to meeting you this weekend, seems like I missed lasttime. Is the name of the table that you will be at called "piece of the action?" Happy Early B-Day on the 12th -- but I WILL be there to tell you in person a second time.

The only place I have room for a playset would be here at work -- and I am saving that space for a "special" set that I am working on from EMPIRE. Otherwise, I have a lot of ceiling room for all those GUNSHIPS I wand to buy - haha. And YES -- we should keep this thread at the top so we can keep updated with all the latest !!

dingodad
08-23-2002, 10:35 PM
Look for jedicole and i on the wall across from the stage. i cant speak for him, but i'll try to make you a good deal.

Adam
08-26-2002, 11:13 AM
This just in from rebelscum, someone in Mckinney has found 2 Gunships! Start looking!

JediBoulton
08-26-2002, 02:25 PM
Hey Guys -- (and Gals) -- TRU.com is offering the 12" ZAM, Dooku, and SBD for $19.99 on their website. I used the code that JarJar had put out some time ago to get $5.00 off a $35.00 price --
Here it is:CHNKBKAMZNLT $5 off $35 (Expires) - 8/31/02

Hope this helps those of you who collect 12" figures -- see ya later :)

Adam
08-26-2002, 02:48 PM
Today I also saw 2 of the catina bars at Wal-Mart in Plano.

JediCole
08-27-2002, 07:00 PM
Well, I hope some of you made it out to the Toy Show this weekend. It was the poorest turnout I've seen in years, but then the guest list was a bit lacklustre.

One of the problems is that the promoters of this show have put on three to seven shows a year for many years now. From the outset, these shows were promoted as TOY shows. The promoters have expressed a sincere desire to shed the "toy show only" label that was arguably self-imposed. The problem is that the regular atendees enjoy the toy show and want guests who's characters have been immortalized as toys. As a result, shows like this last weekend's "Retro TV and Movie" show was avoided by many . Plus the loss of Carrie Fisher as a guest seems to have made this show box office poison.

Well, hopefully they will have Carrie Fisher in October. It was nice in a way to have time to set up everything I had on hand and to talk to people at length as we were none too busy.

If you have not already, check out my post in the "Conventions" section to find out about the free admission toy show in less than two weeks!

melmo1973
08-29-2002, 11:10 AM
The walmart on 183 and Esters in Irving has the new 12'' assortment . They had had two of each doll in stock which would be the whole case. I also saw the new cantina figures at the walmart on I-20 in Weatherford.

TexasToyz
09-01-2002, 12:04 PM
Anyone here from the East Texas area?

keith koth
09-01-2002, 07:00 PM
I just got back from the Walmart in the Colony on Highway 121 between Frisco and Lewisville. They had about 50 to 60 of the Cantina bar sets....plenty of Greedo, Hammerhead, and Ponda Baba on their shelves. So, if you are still looking for these, then this place will definately have some on their shelves.

Also saw a few Cantina sets at the Walmart in Frisco, but not too many...maybe 8 or so.

Has anybody seen the Target accessory sets around town? I keep missing them :(

How about any of the new Saga figures?

JediBoulton
09-03-2002, 08:27 AM
TEXASTOYZ -- where are you from?? East Texas is represented here !! Welcome to the Tread !!

dingodad
09-03-2002, 10:09 PM
Texastoyz, i live in arlington but i also have a place in Gilmer so i frequent the Gilmer/Longview area for toys. where are you?

JediBoulton
09-04-2002, 07:48 AM
Has anyone received their Republic Gunship Yet?? The site says that it takes about 1 - 2 days for shipping from this point. I assume this means that they are available. Thought about ordering mine from walmart.com and see what I get??

The arena still has a release date of Sept.

JediCole
09-05-2002, 10:09 PM
Attention DFW and surrounding area collectors! There is a small comic and toy show in Cleburne, Texas this Saturday (September 7th) only! It will be held in the Cleburne Civic Center from 10 AM to 4 PM with FREE ADMISSION!

Mrs. JediCole and I will be set up there and hope to see some Sir Steve's folks this weekend (this means you, DingoDad). It is a bit far afield for some, less so for others, and it is FREE to get in and shop around.

It is being put on by a comic shop in Cleburne called Comic Boxx (two x's) and you should be able to get further information from them. I know the Civic Center is on Henderson Street in Cleburne, I belive near 67, though I've not been to that town in years so I will be flying a little blind Saturday morning. You can find the store's number using online Yellow Pages if you are keen to get more info.

And be sure to look for us in October in Plano at the Dallas ComicCon wich is supposed to feature Carrie Fisher all weekend! Let's hope they make this happen. As I've stated before, I will be celebrating my birthday and the first anniversary of A Piece of the Action Collectibles. If for no other reason, come out to see the poster design I came up with to comemmorate the event, it is a tribute to a classic Star Wars movie poster design, with a bit of a twist. We are negotiating with DingoDad (who's "getting out of toys", at least as a dealer) to join the APOTAC team in Plano the weekend of October 11-13 (yep, it's a 3 day show)!

TexasToyz
09-07-2002, 11:21 AM
Hey guys,thanks for the replies!! I live in Longview,things are getting very slow here finding any new stuff,so reports on anything new around my area is a plus.I go to Gilmer on occassion and usually find some goodies though.
If and when I find some new stuff I'll be sure to let you guys in on it:) Happy Hunting!

JediCole
09-08-2002, 08:54 PM
I was in Granbury today and stopped by the Wal-Mart and found a 12" Count Dooku (acutally saw at least one more. I also saw the 12" Zam Wessel and Super Battle Droid (at least two each).
Also, for those looking, they had two or three Republic Gunships.

JediCole
09-22-2002, 11:14 PM
A buddy of mine just brought me the Deluxe Yoda and C-3PO sets. He found them at a Target in Dallas somewhere. I am going to be forwarding him my want list since he does not collect Star Wars, but has much better luck finding figures than I seem to have.

JediBoulton
10-03-2002, 02:35 PM
FINALLY...FINALLY -- We get some new figures out there !!!

I just got back from Zeus Toys and I bought the following for $4.99 :

Padme Courscant Attack
Jango Fett Pilot
Clone Trooper Pilot

They have 3 Padme's left; 0 fett's; 0 Clone Pilots.

They expect some more within the next week.
Maybe Walmart and Target will start getting some in!

Adam
10-03-2002, 09:24 PM
Geez. I hope that means I'll be able to find Ki-Adi, Teemto, and TA Anakin soon enough. Shoulda picked up that gunship when I saw it at Wal-Mart, but I'm trying to give the ol' visa a rest..

keith koth
10-05-2002, 04:51 PM
Has anyone seen the interactive R2D2 anywhere in the DFW area recently?

JediBoulton
10-07-2002, 02:51 PM
Yes, I ahve seen him at KBTOYS in Mesquite and also the Walmart in Rockwall. He looks great, but a little expensive right now.
I'm saving up for the Star Destroyer LEGO !!!

JediCole
10-07-2002, 11:28 PM
Okay, it's that time again! This weekend (October 11-13) we have the last toy show of the season in Plano, Texas. The Dallas ComiCon (from the folks of the SciFi Expo & Toy Show) brings us CARRIE FISHER in a rare convention appearance! Also, Ray Park has just been added! Peter Mayhew will be there along with Amy (Aayla Secura) Allen and Rena (Taun We) Owen to round out the Star Wars guests.
There will be many other movie, TV, and comic related guests as well! And I know we have tried this a few times in the past, but this one is too big to be missed! This is an open call to Sir Steve's guide members to get together and meet over the weekend at the Dallas ComiCon. Mrs. JediCole and I will be there running our tables in the dealer room so please stop by and say hello, especially if you are attending on Saturday (as it is my birthday and we will be easy to spot with lots of bright red Star Wars helium balloons and free cookies for all while supplies last! And we will also have hourly sales on Saturday for 10% savings on a variety of items.
I would really like to meet as many of you as possible if you are planning to attend. I know I've met a couple of you and would love to meet more. Also, everyone should email that old stick in the mud, DingoDad and tell him he should attend the show. It is a long drive, but not THAT long a drive. He can take it! Help me out if you can, folks! It just wouldn't be a toy show without him!

JediBoulton
10-08-2002, 10:57 AM
SWEEEEEEETTTTT !!! RAY PARK IS COMMING BACK!!!!!

This is going to be SOOOOOO AWSOME !!!!!!! DINGODAD -- GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND COME SEE US !!!

I WILL BE THERE THIS TIME!!!! HAPPY B-DAY JEDICOLE!!!!

LATER GUYS!!!

JediBoulton
10-08-2002, 12:49 PM
Just Found !!

Yestertoys has Clone Pilot, Jango Pilot, Amidala Pilot for $7.25 MINT !! This is a good price if you are trying to catch up on your collection!!

Adam
10-08-2002, 04:05 PM
I'd rather wait and get them for 4.99. Just be a little patient.

keith koth
10-08-2002, 05:34 PM
$7.25 is not a bad price at all...considering all of the wasted money spent on gasoline and all of the endless effort to track down figures. I'll be willing to wager that it cost more $$$ to personally track down the figures than it would cost to just order them on-line for a couple of dollars over retail price. Plus, they are gaurenteed mint (I'm assuming), which is something you rarely find on the store shelves...although mint on mint card means little to nothing if you are not a carded collector.

While I'm on my soap box...why is it that the rest of the country seems to get the new waves of figures several months ahead of us here in Dallas. I thought (although I may be wrong) that DFW was a major metropolitan area...one of the top 10 or 15 cities in the U.S. (in terms of population). Why stores can not ocassionally (once a month perhaps) restock their shelves with newer waves of figures is beyond me. Is it that darn difficult to ship new merchandise into the DFW area?

Anyway...This whole lack of distribution of new merchandise has got me all wound up...which is just another GOOD reason to order your figures on-line (it reduces my stress level...stress not caused by collecting, but from fighting the traffic and crowds...only to discover that nothing new is in stock or that the local scalper has just purchased the one and only case of new figures).

In short, thanks JediBoulton for pointing out the IN-STOCK items at Yestertoys.com.

JediBoulton
10-09-2002, 07:59 AM
Keith Koth -- YOU SAID IT !! -- I will admit, that when we first heard about the EPII figures comming out -- it was fun runing around town, trying to find all the newest stuff. But, not that the "new" has worn off -- I enjoy sitting back and ordering online -- sometimes. I will still stop by WM or TRU if I am in the area and look to see if their might be a KI-ADI-MUNDI or CLONE PILOT that someone has forgotten -- but for the most part -- if I know the figure is going to be popular -- I hit the online store and save myself the trouble. Maybe MR. COLE is reading this and will be sensitive to our needs ad cut all his "SW FRIENDS" a break!! - HAHA. As far as the availablity of figures in this area -- our company is experiencing some problems with shipping of equipment from the WEST COAST AREA. It seems like everything is about two-three weeks behind everyone else. Not sure what the reason is.

Anyway -- All of you have a GREAT day and I will see ya'll this weekend!!

JediCole
10-09-2002, 10:43 AM
If anyone in the DFW area has found Ephant Mon and has any extra (or can get one), AND you are attending the Dallas ComiCon in Plano this weekend, please let me know. This is the one new release I want the most and would reimburse or trade for one. Look for my tables at the ComiCon, the one with the red Star Wars helium balloons!

JediBoulton
10-21-2002, 08:14 AM
I picked up the Republic Gunship at Walmart in Rockwall Friday for $35. It is really cool. I just need some clone trooper pilots to go with it now...

Adam
11-30-2002, 10:56 PM
I haven't been able to go shopping in awhile. Is the new wave with Ephont Mon numerous? Why is no one posting sightings anymore??